• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael147

With best wishes
Satoshi and Hikari's Cooperation

In a couple it is quite important to be in sync with your partner, not just care for him. Here I will demonstrate that our couple's cooperation was in sync since their first double battle win.

1. Satoshi and Hikari rushed to rescue all of their pokemon.
DP281.jpg

2. Satoshi and Hikari helped Takeshi to find a stone for Pinpuku. They collected a lot of stones alone.
DP164.jpg

3. Satoshi and Hikari decided to help in the maid cafe and did it very well.
DP163.jpg

4. Satoshi and Hikari rushed to rescue all their pokemon another time. This is why their responsibility of being parents for their pokemon was beyond limits.
DP210.jpg

5. Satoshi and Hikari tried to play Oracion.
M1337.jpg

Will Satoshi better remember all he did with Hikari or all what Serena did for him?
On the whole, doing things with him is much more important than just being with him. It means much deeper support for him.

Last edited:

michael147

With best wishes
Hello,

Many pearlshippers considered Hikari's intense teasing of Satoshi by saying 'such a kid' as a downplay to their relationship. I will prove that it wasn't a downplay and it was only her sign of loving him.

In order to do that, we need to recollect some moments in DP that were similar to Hikari's BW2 teasing. In the poffin creation episode we hear Hikari's criticism to Satoshi, 'You're so loud'. Before the first battle with the Champ Twins, when she fixed her hair and he claimed it was the same, she said, 'You're such a boy!' Before the rematch against them, when Satoshi claimed her hair was the same again, Hikari asked him, 'Would you just grow up?' While the group was camping after he earned the win at the Yosuga Tag Battle competition, she asked him, 'Do something'.

As we see, while Iris was continuously stating Satoshi's kid-like trait of his behaviour to assert herself, Hikari stressed her dissatisfaction with him in attempt to improve his personality and behaviour. When she made a claim about him being so loud, she wanted him not to bother Roserade. It wasn't an insult, it was the correct criticism as Satoshi accepted that he didn't behave well and was slightly embarassed. Furthermore, Hikari cared about his reputation as well, telling the Roserade that he is not always that loud - this was also a great sign of depth of love for him, since she could refrain from doing that. As for calling him a boy and asking him to just grow up, she wasn't glad with Satoshi not noticing her hair being more beautiful after brushing. This Hikari's criticism implied that she wanted her beauty to be noticed by him very much, making it another sign of her love for him.

In BW2 Hikari started to mimick Iris, claiming to Satoshi that he was still a kid. Judging by how the two girls criticised him before they met each other, I deem Hikari was dissatisfied with him as she expected him to grow up, having a particular reason to tease him. It looked like as if she tried to perfect Satoshi's personality and appearance to make their relationship look better and deeper. Besides, there is a weird fact for rival shippers, that Satoshi also cared for the looks of their couple in the Champ Twins episode, as he wanted them not to look stupid. As for Iris, she just insulted him for no sensible reason, except for asserting herself.

Thanks for your attention.

michael147

With best wishes
Hello,

1. Did you have a feeling while watching this scene that Satoshi was happy to see and liked Hikari's beauty? Has he ever liked Kasumi, Haruka, Serena or Mao to such extent?
DP35.jpg

DP36.jpg

Furthermore, it was him who informed that breakfast would be ready. And it was Hikari who said okay. Also, pay attention to Hikari's the most lovely smile to Satoshi. Has she ever smiled like that to Kengo, Jun, Takeshi or Shinji?

2. Have you ever witnessed a girl, other than Hikari, who successfully convinced Satoshi to put aside the training routine and ignited him (see frames below)? I know only her.
DP25.jpg

3. SatoHika was supported by no less than Sinnoh League Champion Shirona. It was her who reunited Satoshi and Hikari. It was her who intrigued Satoshi with an unexpected guest (Hikari). It was her who talked with Hikari about Satoshi. I am sure Shirona was aware of what was going between them.

4. Hikari had the closest on-screen direct eye contact with Satoshi to the extent that his cap touched her head. And it even wasn't that romantic, imagine their real romantic closeness. Furthermore, if Serena made a step to that kiss by herself, Hikari attracted Satoshi, so he made a step.
DP26.jpg

5. This is an adult thing, but it was also a part of the anime. Tell me please, how many times has Satoshi seen Hikari in a bikini and how many times has Hikari seen Satoshi with his naked torso? It was just as casual for them as training.
Now imagine Serena staring at him like that. She would be as red as a tomato, as in 'Party Dancecapades'. This will not do.
Now imagine Satoshi staring at Kasumi. I would be worried for him, because she would be angry with him. This will not do.
DP122.jpg

DP124.jpg

Besides, their similar vibes can be seen that made them yet an unique couple.

michael147

With best wishes
In DP 052 Satoshi gave Hikari a Soothe Bell he won at the Tag Battle competition for some time.
DP348.jpg

Here is what Bulbapedia says about this prize, 'It is an out-of-battle effect item that amplifies friendship increases for the holder.' So, is there a possibility of it being a sign of amplifying Hikari's feelings for Satoshi?

Besides, did any other girl hold his complete trophy earned in a battle competition? If so, it denotes his unique treatment of Hikari too.

P. S. This bell, seen in BW 142, remembers the warmth of Hikari's hands.
DP55.jpg

michael147

With best wishes
Kuchiba start or Eteboth is waiting!?

It is announced that Kuchiba City in Kanto is the homebase of Satoshi and Go when they go on their adventures. We also know that the Ping Pong Training Center is also in Kuchiba City.

If Hikari didn't manage to take it back, it would be a plot hole not to reunite Satoshi with his (I don't dare to say former) pokémon. We also know that Satoshi will travel through all regions. What if he and Hikari still talk with each other and she asks to bring it to Futaba Town, knowing he will visit Sinnoh? She could understand that the only person that would be okay and even HAPPY to do that would be Satoshi.

michael147

With best wishes
Enumerate please examples of responsive Satoshi around Hikari.

In the beginning of DP 119 Hikari stopped walking, while Satoshi was having a chat with Takeshi.

I don't know how but he sensed Hikari's stop and it immediately grabbed his attention despite she didn't say anything to him. Satoshi, sensing only her disorders (right?), is very interesting as he is considered 'dense'. He also sensed Hikari's real feelings in DP 061, so he felt her quite well, like a mature boyfriend.

Satoshi was also the first to show concern, as if he felt completely responsible for Hikari even in this small moment.

Last edited:

michael147

With best wishes
In the SM end Satoshi sang, 'And _someday_ I'll have a chance to say... "Hello, _my dream_"', while Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet placed their hands on their future child/children.

In the second DP ending, while Nozomi, Kengo and Hikari stood on the way to the top of the staircase of light, similar to the one from the fourth opening theme (where a league cauldron was sitting on its top and Satoshi was running up), these words were sung, '_Your dream_ will become true _someday_, you'll have to seize it yourself'.

In the first case I don't think Satoshi sang about a dream of being a Pokémon master. Why did he switch to English then? It sounded more romantic and sweet that we could ever imagine from Satoshi. It looked like as if he sang about a girl. And the sweetness of the final scene with the future parents was placed on the sweetness of his words. In the second case we could guess that the song was also about Satoshi and his dream of becoming a Pokémon master, but instead of the league cauldron as his Pokémon master allusion we saw Hikari on the staircase's top, and that could mean the change in his priorities.

It is still unclear if his hidden but primary dream is Hikari, but at least I have some basis to speak, as 'seize it yourself' is 'having a chance to say "Hello, my dream"' and the staircase of light was an allusion to Satoshi's path in life.

Zacc

Seem like some one planning pearlshippimg week guys

https: // xpearlshippingx . tumblr .com / post / 189127348488 / pearlshipping - week

https: // twitter . com / xpearlshippingx / status / 1196059715186216960

michael147

With best wishes
MYqattbCLSJGINLirStC.png

Far away from Hanako and Ayako, Satoshi looked, even was smiling and staring at Hikari's ... Is he really dense? Just compare the direction of Satoshi's and Pikachu's eyes. I wonder what was that. Of course, bulbapedia page ignored that, but from the adult's point of view it is one of the most serious SatoHika hints.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
MYqattbCLSJGINLirStC.png

Far away from Hanako and Ayako, Satoshi looked, even was smiling and staring at Hikari's ... Is he really dense? Just compare the direction of Satoshi's and Pikachu's eyes. I wonder what was that. Of course, bulbapedia page ignored that, but from the adult's point of view it is one of the most serious SatoHika hints.
43721862b195213f93ff2d116beaa6f26f34a1a6_hq.jpg

michael147

With best wishes
Manqoba, was he smiling while looking at that girl or was he just busy with eating?
[here was my mistake, sorry]

In Hikari's case, Satoshi wasn't even paying attention to a talk with the princess who is as attractive as her. He was smiling at Hikari's still in the context of "It really looks good on you, Hikari." To say that a dress fits a girl, you need to measure her body profile in mind first and Satoshi did that with Hikari. Do you know the exact episode where Kasumi's, Haruka's, Serena's, Lillie's, Mao's body profiles were measured by Satoshi and their dresses were complimented?

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Manqoba, was he smiling while looking at Haruka's or was he just busy with eating?

In Hikari's case, Satoshi wasn't even paying attention to a talk with the princess who is as attractive as her. He was smiling at Hikari's still in the context of "It really looks good on you, Hikari." To say that a dress fits a girl, you need to measure her body profile in mind first and Satoshi did that with Hikari. Do you know the exact episode where Kasumi's, Haruka's, Serena's, Lillie's, Mao's body profiles were measured by Satoshi and their dresses were complimented?
Literally just posted a meme that fit with your observation lol it's nothing to get worked up over.

Also that definitely isn't May, considering Ash is wearing his OS outfit not the one from AG.

michael147

With best wishes
Okay.
So I wonder if there were any other cases of staring and how Satoshi reacted as well. If his smile while staring at Hikari's and compliment about her dress were unique, it would put SatoHika on the different league with other potential relationships.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Okay.
So I wonder if there were any other cases of staring and how Satoshi reacted as well. If his smile while staring at Hikari's and compliment about her dress were unique, it would put SatoHika on the different league with other potential relationships.
I think that Ash and Dawn have a very unique relationship, but I don't think I'd hold this as particularly special evidence. A quick sweep of Bulbapedia seems to indicate Ash complimented Misty and Serena in a similar way in EP041 and XY080 respectively. The stare is interesting; it's definitely not unique considering "Ash is an ass man" with some cherry-picked scenes to demonstrate is a popular joke, but it is unusually late in Pokemon's broadcast history for them to show something like that.

michael147

With best wishes
A quick sweep of Bulbapedia seems to indicate Ash complimented Misty and Serena in a similar way in EP041 and XY080 respectively
Thanks for that info, so it is really not unique, but now I wonder how it was served by Ash in each case. In Misty's case I wonder how it was in the original because it said about Ash's sarcastic voice. In Serena's case I want to see his face expressions while seeing her dress and complimenting her.
it's definitely not unique considering "Ash is an ass man"
Again, you're right about staring, it's not unique. But how it was served matters again - in the meme Ash had no excitement or emotion for what he saw, and, on the contrary, Ash was definitely excited and smiling seeing Dawn.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Thanks for that info, so it is really not unique, but now I wonder how it was served by Ash in each case. In Misty's case I wonder how it was in the original because it said about Ash's sarcastic voice. In Serena's case I want to see his face expressions while seeing her dress and complimenting her.

Again, you're right about staring, it's not unique. But how it was served matters again - in the meme Ash had no excitement or emotion for what he saw, and, on the contrary, Ash was definitely excited and smiling seeing Dawn.
Big props to you for evaluating the source material and trying to find new hints yourself though. I hate how many shippers mindlessly repeat their most well-known hints like The Bicker The Better or High Touch, even when there's far stronger, lesser known evidence out there.

michael147

With best wishes
I have examined the same compliment from Satoshi to Serena. She has torn her dress during her preparations for a perfomance, and the compliment from him was a good way to comfort her after her struggle with it. I think this could be its reason. It was care.

But the question is: what was his reason behind giving this compliment to Hikari? She wasn't struggling. On the contrary, she was like in the heaven in it. She didn't need the compliment but she got it. And Satoshi isn't a guy who often compliments girls' dresses.

A few more details about compliment episodes:
- Satoshi complimented Serena with his eyes closed, but he complimented Hikari looking straight at her.
- Satoshi didn't look stunned after he saw Serena in the dress, while he was visibly stunned after he saw Hikari in the princess dress.
- Eureka reminded Satoshi about Serena during Millefeui's perfomance, while Hikari popped up on his mind without Takeshi naming her - while being away from Hikari, Satoshi was worried 'if she was doing well'.

michael147

With best wishes
BNaxnfpcqmOpbzhwxejg.png

fvYYlMPTXKsmVfDzzNoH.png

HoKejhoKRmmJvqjrgLJT.png

Please notice Satoshi's face. Is this how Hikari's bare shoulders make him stunned? I even wonder if he could see her cleavage on the third frame. Is it the move 'Charm Up'?

There is no doubt - he _was_ impressed. I can't say he is dense. I can say he saw Hikari in a different light. And it looked like she wanted to impress him with this dance which was the _second_. The first one was before the first contest.

michael147

With best wishes
According to healthyfitpoint.com , 'Massaging and playing with each other’s hands and feet can quickly turn into heated sex, even if you’re initially doing it for relaxation or affection while you’re on the couch watching Netflix. Fingertips, especially, are extremely sensitive, not to mention perfect tools for teasing.'
xVB0YMqlWdxJZqKhHYUG.png

And it wasn't the only one fingertips sensitive contact between them. Moreover, both of them liked it, else they wouldn't repeat it often. Satoshi and Hikari, what are you up to in your age? And I ask who initiated most high fives?

According to www.elitedaily.com/ , "'When you have someone who wants to touch your hand with full skin-to-skin contact, like the full clasp or the double hold, literally what they're trying to do is get more of that oxytocin, which is a desire for a deeper bond," Van Edwards explains. In other words, this person likes you. A lot.'
FrJTpCfddKaUAzTWdiGA.png

So at least Hikari is proved to love Satoshi. And with all their sensitive contacts on par or quite near to sex, do you really think he would think of another girl?

Finally, a moment I wanted to discuss:
IVJbUykowWMRwZGTKDCA.png

It seems the Rentorar electrocuted Satoshi's reproductive body part. See Hikari's reaction here. Why did she look like that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.