• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extreme

NanoFate Addict
WOW, i haven't been here in awile, i need more pearlshippyness in my life! XP maybe i havent been here alot becase whenever i come all i see are spoiler tags that i don't wish to read. can we say stuff that has happened in america please? like heres a topic question for yas:

Sorry about that. Once CN starts airing new episodes we are going to move along more smoothly.

Why do you ship Ash and Dawn/think they r perfect for each other?

I ship Ash and Dawn together because, I believe that it was faith that brought those two together. Ash and Dawn were good friends from the beginning. They look out for each other. There are tons of things that can be said about this couple.

I also think that Dawn needs a strong guys like Ash. Don't get me wrong Dawn is pretty strong too, but Ash could make her even stronger.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
I see their relationship with each other since the start of DP. They have so much similarities that attracts me to liking this relationship right away. Hikari is very strong on her own, however she'll need to fix her mistakes. With the upcoming episode 1 week and 5 days away (4 days if any of you are on different time zones), this may be her final chance to break the seal of her contest depressions.

Their interactions always interests me, such as the first time they fought and forgave each other in such a short time. I don't see much of that from the previous girls he has travelled with from the 500+ episodes I've seen.

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
Ash and Dawn were good friends from the beginning. They look out for each other. There are tons of things that can be said about this couple.

I also think that Dawn needs a strong guys like Ash. Don't get me wrong Dawn is pretty strong too, but Ash could make her even stronger.

I agree with that reasoning, too. They are very good freinds. the meshed right away. i can see their friendship slowly [or quickly and unexpectingly...either way. i like both] falling into romance and 'dating.' [can pokemon characters that travel aorund really date?]

~riolulu

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!
One of the reasons why I think Ash and Dawn are good together, are that they may have a certain connection with Dialga and Palkia. The movie stories which puts both Ash and Dawn on the homeplate, really put me in a place where I could shout out, "HOME RUN!!!" Other than that, Kenny seemed jealous of Ash and Dawn being together, which put quite a big hint in Pearlshipping.

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
Satoshi being jealous of Mikuri would show us that Satoshi has some feelings for Hikari. In the preview for DP 75 Hikari was excited to meet Mikuri, and she runs to meet him leaving Satoshi behind (You don't actually see it, but it is implied). then Satoshi calls Hikari's name with a "where are you going, I am right here voice". Funny stuff.

Of course you guys want Satoshi to show feelings for Hikari, this is the Pearlshipping thread after all. :p It's just I hadn't seen that part of the preview, just the all the flamboyant Mikuri pictures posted on some of the forums. And looking the pictures well... the first thing I thought was getting jealous of Mikuri would be like get getting jealous of Harley, if you know what I mean. *shot* Forgive me Mikuri fans. ^ ^ I won't say anymore. This is supposed to be about Pearlshipping anyway. ^ ^

Ok. I just erased my previous post so it doesn't look like a double post.

I just need to point this out, because it seems that there are some people that don't respect the forum rules. If you don't like pearlshipping, or if you don't agree with some of the topics regarding pearlshipping, then stay away from here. Don't come here just to pick a fight with us, we don't want a ship war in our thread.

Well I'm neutral when it comes to this ship even if I don't support it. And I do not enter a thread just to bash a ship, even if I hate it. Just to let you guys know. :)

Uh, to make this post more on topic.

I know there's already another topic, but it's okay to have more than one. And this one I can answer...

What could Ash do to help Dawn in her slump?

He should train with her more I guess. Or at least get her to train. Have they even trained a lot? Has Dawn even trained hardly? (You know what I mean, recently) She needs to listen to someone other than Zoey imo. I wish he'd tell her to use her other Pokemon, but like that's going to happen. T T

Last edited:

Extreme

NanoFate Addict
Of course you guys want Satoshi to show feelings for Hikari, this is the Pearlshipping thread after all. :p It's just I hadn't seen that part of the preview, just the all the flamboyant Mikuri pictures posted on some of the forums. And looking the pictures well... the first thing I thought was getting jealous of Mikuri would be like get getting jealous of Harley, if you know what I mean. *shot* Forgive me Mikuri fans. ^ ^ I won't say anymore. This is supposed to be about Pearlshipping anyway. ^ ^

Well I'm neutral when it comes to this ship even if I don't support it. And I do not enter a thread just to bash a ship, even if I hate it. Just to let you guys know. :)

When I made that post I was referring to some other guy that came in to cause trouble. Everyone is welcome in this thread as long as they respect our members and our opinions. I am neutral when it comes to other ships. I respect everyone else's opinions.

I am going to put this with the spoiler tag to not spoil anything for our new members that watch the CN version

Ash needs to be a little more assertive. He needs to pull her aside and have a one on one talk with her. Ash should tell her that when he was starting out he lost many battles but he never gave up he kept on trying until he could overcome his shortcomings. If Ash does that, I am pretty sure Dawn will be inspired to keep going.

OOh I like the idea of Ash being the first person to litsen to other than Zoey, also I love your idea extreme that would be soo cute if Ash tolled her maybe what he had to do in order to get out of his slump. Ask for why I like the relationship, to me it just has that certain spark that chemistry, its like no other ship I've liked before yah know?

mew151

Thunder Trainer

Simply help her with her performances. It was the reason why Hikari lost the preliminary rounds of 2 contests in a row as double performances are new to many of us, and her new Ambipom didn't have enough time to perfect its performances. We used to see performance training before from Hikari many days before the start of contests. Why it was dropped now is beyond me.

Anyway, while we're at it, with Haruka returning she'll be of much better help as we all know she's greatly experienced as a coordinator. I guess Hikari prefers advice from experienced coordinators other than anyone else.

Extreme

NanoFate Addict
I was just reading the summaries for DP77,78 and it seems that things are getting more interesting now.

The summary for episode 77 says that Hikari still has trouble keeping her composure. When, I read this I thought this could be a great opportunity for Satoshi to score some big nice guy points with Hikari by having a one to one talk with her as I mentioned before.

Now DP78 says that Satoshi is going to encounter one of the mysterious lake pokemon just like Hikari did at the beginning of her journey. It seems that there is going to be something else that ties Satoshi and Hikari together, how cool is that. It would be even cuter if they encounter the last lake pokemon together.

I was just reading the summaries for DP77,78 and it seems that things are getting more interesting now.

The summary for episode 77 says that Hikari still has trouble keeping her composure. When, I read this I thought this could be a great opportunity for Satoshi to score some big nice guy points with Hikari by having a one to one talk with her as I mentioned before.

Now DP78 says that Satoshi is going to encounter one of the mysterious lake pokemon just like Hikari did at the beginning of her journey. It seems that there is going to be something else that ties Satoshi and Hikari together, how cool is that. It would be even cuter if they encounter the last lake pokemon together.

Awe that would be cute if that happened. I'd use my spoiler tag if I could but agian it doesn't work for me for some reason. But it said Ash would be in this contest thing, I think it would be a great Pearlshippy if Ash dropped out of the contest from seeing Dawn be too nervous/sad of all this ^^

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Yeah, Satoshi will be using Buizel in the 1st episode of the new 1 hour show. Man, they've been giving us so much 1-hour episodes, the breaks are a bit irritating. Oh well. I guess it's a new idea Japan tries to do. I don't know who Hikari will use in this contest though, but if it's any guess, Piplup would be my 1st guess.

Ashfangirl20, do you know how to use spoilers? I'll explain it briefly even if you do. When you activate the spoilers warning, you fill in a small reason of your spoiler (which will appear in bold after you typed in something), click OK, then write whatever it is you are spoiling in between the closing bracket and the opening bracket. It's already in position after you put in your small spoiler.

Extreme

NanoFate Addict
Awe that would be cute if that happened. I'd use my spoiler tag if I could but agian it doesn't work for me for some reason. But it said Ash would be in this contest thing, I think it would be a great Pearlshippy if Ash dropped out of the contest from seeing Dawn be too nervous/sad of all this ^^

Ash dropping put of the contest would make Dawn even more sad. Dawn is a very smart girl, she could figure out easily that Ash dropped from the contest out of pity for her. she would not like seeing Ash dropping out of the contest just because he feels sorry for her, she would never forgive him if he did that.

If you want to make the spoiler tags work just do this:
(spoiler="spoilers")Fill in the blank with whatever you want to say(/spoiler)

Use [ ] instead of the (), and it should work.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
No way. That will be greatly insulting. Hikari would feel appreciated to fight against Satoshi in the contest. A rivalry feeling between the 2 of them. A fighting spirit that attracts one another, not losing to one another, a feeling of enjoyment, respect, honour and perserverence (not giving up) within each other. Because they're both extremely competitive, this is how I prefer the 2 battling with each other.

I guess this isn't really a spoiler, but Extreme put it like that, so I was thinking, "what the heck".

Extreme

NanoFate Addict
No way. That will be greatly insulting. Hikari would feel appreciated to fight against Satoshi in the contest. A rivalry feeling between the 2 of them. A fighting spirit that attracts one another, not losing to one another, a feeling of enjoyment, respect, honour and perserverence (not giving up) within each other. Because they're both extremely competitive, this is how I prefer the 2 battling with each other.

I guess this isn't really a spoiler, but Extreme put it like that, so I was thinking, "what the heck".

Yeah, I completely agree with you. Ash and Dawn are really competitive, they are not going to be satisfied until they fight each other with everything they got.

I put it under the spoiler tag because we are discussing a future episode

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!
Oh my, I love whqt i'm seeing so far in 77 and 78. Ash already had part of his time to shine in those episodes; now it's Dawn's turn. If Dawn is going to drop out of the next contest, I would think that she'll train harder, and Ash would help. Any of you have different opinions other than what I just said?
Here's a new cute pic of Ash and Dawn
http://fanfictor26.deviantart.com/art/Satoshi-and-Hikari-dolls-82366614

Extreme

NanoFate Addict
Oh my, I love whqt i'm seeing so far in 77 and 78. Ash already had part of his time to shine in those episodes; now it's Dawn's turn. If Dawn is going to drop out of the next contest, I would think that she'll train harder, and Ash would help. Any of you have different opinions other than what I just said?
Here's a new cute pic of Ash and Dawn
http://fanfictor26.deviantart.com/art/Satoshi-and-Hikari-dolls-82366614

I doubt Hikari is going to drop out of the contest now, DP78 says that "They all made it through the first round". The way I see it, making it through the first round may actually help Hikari recover the confidence that she lost.

Thanks for the fanart.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Cute fanart, foxkrystal. Can't wait for more.

Hikari's dream is to become a top coordinator. It will make little sense for her to drop out during the next 2 new episodes, even more so than Satoshi joining next month's contest. Many people since yesterday are complaining about his decision to take part in a contest if he wants to be a pokemon master (whatever the hell that is).

Anyway, I support Satoshi on his decision here so all those people can bury themselves for all I care.

Extreme

NanoFate Addict
Cute fanart, foxkrystal. Can't wait for more.

Hikari's dream is to become a top coordinator. It will make little sense for her to drop out during the next 2 new episodes, even more so than Satoshi joining next month's contest. Many people since yesterday are complaining about his decision to take part in a contest if he wants to be a pokemon master (whatever the hell that is).

Anyway, I support Satoshi on his decision here so all those people can bury themselves for all I care.

I completely agree with what you are saying. I don't know what is the big deal, if Satoshi wants to enter the contest, then people need to butt out and let him do whatever he wants.

Ohh no I know how to make spoiler thingys. But for some reason when I post it, it comes out blank =[
So none of you liked my idea, I respect that. Guess your right, Dawn and Ash are compettive so Dawn would want Ash to give him his all. Isn't it cool how Ash enters two contests this in the arc? I love how Ash trys new things, its so cool of him yah know? Any who maybe Ash can at least give Dawn a pep talk before it begins.

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
Have you tried to use "Go Advanced" on the Quick Reply box? Because in a Advanced mode you can simply highlight the text and click "Spoil" at the top. Your explorer should give you a box asking what to call the spoilers. Fill that in and post and say okay, then there should be tags that work around your post.

I completely agree with what you are saying. I don't know what is the big deal, if Satoshi wants to enter the contest, then people need to butt out and let him do whatever he wants.

Another problem I think in the anime forums is that that was the excuse to make the trade make sense. If Ash wasn't doing any more contests, Aipom had to be traded or else it never get to do what it wanted ever again. And Buizel going to Ash meant it had escaped the horrible fate of its bada**ness getting forced into girly girl contest.

The Trade was made (all thanks to forcing by Zoey), and what happened? With Dawn Ambipom did worse in contests than it did with Ash and Jessie. And she turned around and forced it into another Gym battle where did better than the contest before getting murdered by Lucario.

Okay, that's one thing, but now teh big problem is OH NOEZ, tat idot Ash is wrcking Uberzel in contests. But it's right in a way, right now what was the point of the trade?

Yeah, this post had a lot of sarcasm. And what does it have to Pearlshipping? Maybe somewhere in the darkest depths of my mind I want them to trade back? And maybe there could be cute moments for you guys if that happens. (I know they're not going to trade back >>)

Though I love the idea of them trying each others fields of choice. It does help make a Pokemon master imo, by exposing him to all different situations when battling Pokemon. It gives him more experience.

And I would like for Dawn to do another Gym Battle to be honest. She seems better at battling than appeals. It'd be nice if she tried doing another one at one point.

Hey, by trying each others goals they understand each other more right? It helps them in getting experience too. I don't get why Ash can't battle in contests if he wants to either, especially when the whole thing is involved with an elite trainer in Wallace.

Status
Not open for further replies.