• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazing Charmander

I've just seen the preview for the next episode, which has a potential Pearlshipping hint in it.

When Ash gets attacked by Chimchar (who seems to have been confused, but who knows at the moment?), using Flame Wheel, Dawn becomes extremely concerned and attempts to run to Ash. However, Brock holds her back. Seems pretty cute to me.

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!
I've just seen the preview for the next episode, which has a potential Pearlshipping hint in it.

When Ash gets attacked by Chimchar (who seems to have been confused, but who knows at the moment?), using Flame Wheel, Dawn becomes extremely concerned and attempts to run to Ash. However, Brock holds her back. Seems pretty cute to me.

Meh, that ain't no hint I can tell you. I'm just thinking that's when Dawn realizes that either Chimchar, or a pokemon is being attacked or abducted. The way I heard of the preview, it seems pearlshipping's false there.

Blazing Charmander

Meh, that ain't no hint I can tell you. I'm just thinking that's when Dawn realizes that either Chimchar, or a pokemon is being attacked or abducted. The way I heard of the preview, it seems pearlshipping's false there.

Meh, I guess it depends on how you see it. If that is indeed Dawn's reaction to Ash being engulfed in Chimchar's Flame Wheel, it shows just how concerned she is about him. Then again, some would say that is not in any way shippy. You never know, though. Those two scenes may be independent of each other anyway so I'll try not to get my hopes up.

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!
Meh, I guess it depends on how you see it. If that is indeed Dawn's reaction to Ash being engulfed in Chimchar's Flame Wheel, it shows just how concerned she is about him. Then again, some would say that is not in any way shippy. You never know, though. Those two scenes may be independent of each other anyway so I'll try not to get my hopes up.
Are you a pearlshipper? You seem peculiar here, and just so you know, that I hope that you know all the rules (since you've been around for more than 4 years), and please don't hurt this forum with Chimchar's flames ^-^.
I have another song that would do good with Pearlshipping, it's called, "The Power of Love" Now it doesn't mean a song of love, so don't judge a song by its title. The lyrics clearly show that the song isn't about love, it's about friendship, and I love it ^-^.

There comes a time,
When you face the toughest of fights,
Searching for a sign,
Lost in the darkest of nights,
The wind blows so cold,
You're standing alone,
Before the battle's begun,
But deep in your soul,
The future unfolds,
As bright as the rays of the sun.

You've got to believe,
In the Power of Love,
You've got to believe,
In the Power of Love,
THe Power of Love.

Blazing Emotion,
There's a light that glows from your heart,
It's a chain reaction,
And nothing will keep us apart,
Stand by my side,
There's nothing to hide,
Together we'll fight till the end,
Take hold of my hand,
And you'll understand,
What it trully means to be friends.

You've got to believe,
(You've got to believe)
In the Power of Love
You've got to believe,
(You've got to believe)
In the Power of Love,
It gives meaning to each moment,
It's what our hearts are all made of,
You've got to believe,
(You've got to believe)
In the Power of Love,
The Power of Love.

(Music Solo)

You've got to believe,
(You've got to believe)
In the Power of Love,
You've got to believe,
(You've got to believe)
In the Power of Love,
It gives meaning to each moment,
It's what our hearts are all made of,
(Just look inside)
You've got to believe,
(You've got to believe)
In the Power of Love,
The Power of Love.

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!
welcome Blazing Charmander. Thanks for the hint.

that's what you should answer. are you? No ofense but its seems that you dont really like Pearlshipping. why? i dont know. It must be that your not a true pearlshipper. since you know how pokemon is going to end. prove it. yes do it. telll me about it. it seems that you always say that pearlshipping is going downhill.. WELLL HAVE SOME RESPECT. thanks to you some of our members left. No ofense but if you dont like pearlshipping, there's no reason being here. And one more thing, DONT SPEARD RUMORS. if you have the proof show it.

Back on-topic please thank you.
Alright about what we so far, is great. I can't of any question to have so... If you guys like the question:What songs would represent Pearlshipping? then I'll keep it rolling along the tracks. I'll answer some of the questions that were given by some Pearlshipper's here
Why do you really and REALLY like Pearlshipping?
Well I've been a Pearlshipper for over a year, it's been my first shipping, and I love it because of how awesome Ash and Dawn work together. Their friendship is what I call an unbreakable bond, and it's by far the greatest type of friendship that I've seen from them other than Misty and May. It could be more, you never know.

DaveTheFishGuy

Fish Trainer
Welcome Davethefishguy. yes I saw in the advanceshipping thread. by the way. read the rules and no bashing and have fun

Yeah, I'm cool with that. People can ship whoever they want. Just not all of them are for me.

Basically, PearlShipping would be the next Ash Ship I'd support, if AdvanceShipping never happened. I still like it anyways. Like I said, I find it cute. Plus, when they argue, I get a more romantic vibe than when Ash argued with Misty or May, so that's one thing it's got over AS for me.

And, back on-topic, that hint can seem like a plus. I mean, look at when May battled Ash that one time, and Torchic hit him. If Dawn shows strong concern, then that's definately a strong point.

Gah, I'm just shooting my fave ship in the foot here...

PKLegendHeroe

Yeah, I'm cool with that. People can ship whoever they want. Just not all of them are for me.

Basically, PearlShipping would be the next Ash Ship I'd support, if AdvanceShipping never happened. I still like it anyways. Like I said, I find it cute. Plus, when they argue, I get a more romantic vibe than when Ash argued with Misty or May, so that's one thing it's got over AS for me.

And, back on-topic, that hint can seem like a plus. I mean, look at when May battled Ash that one time, and Torchic hit him. If Dawn shows strong concern, then that's definately a strong point.

Gah, I'm just shooting my fave ship in the foot here...

nah dont shoot your foot. trust me, I was more and plus advanceshipper when movie 9 came out. you prob. saw me on the advanceshipping thead. ok back to foxkrystal's topic

What songs would represent Pearlshipping?

well I think "smile" by Ezaki Toshiko or "Sokoni soraga Arukara" by Ezaki Toshiko best represents them but I think "smile" does more.

Last edited:

cascade88

< go ask alice >

Well, right now I'd have to say the one that represents it the best for me is Anyone Else But You by the Moldy Peaches. In fact, I've titled my latest Pearlshipping fic after it. The whole song really reminds me of them, but the line that really got me was
"We both have shiny, happy fits of rage. You want more fans, I want more stage".
I was like, oh, that is so them!

Another couple of songs that remind me of them as a couple are
Nothing Else Matters by Bedroom Rockers && First Time by Lifehouse.

Xx-Endless_Summer-xX

Pearl and Coma <3
This my fav ship~ So i'm joining the discussion...again, well returning to it. XD

Can't Help Falling In Love by A*Teens. I can TOTALLY see this for them. :D
Or...Someday by Rica Matsumoto. Plus...she voices Satoshi too. 8D

Some of my work:

An animation

Another animation

[IMG139]http://www.deviantart.com/download/84220169/GeneralAnimeFreak_Prize2_by_Endless_Summer181.png[/IMG139]

Fanservice!

[IMG139]http://www.deviantart.com/download/83156392/GeneralAnimeFreak567_Prize_by_Endless_Summer181.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://www.deviantart.com/download/81299293/GeneralAnimeFreak567s_Request_by_Endless_Summer181.png[/IMG139]

The Horizon

The Forgotten One
Xx-Endless Summer-xX. I actually remember that name but kind of disregarded it because you haven't been around for so long. Nice to see familiar faces again.

Good question. Hmm. Why don't I try this one.

Ozzy Osbourne
See you on the Other Side

Voices, A Thousand, Thousand Voices
Whispering, The Time Has Passed For Choices
Golden Days Are Passing Over, Yeah

I Can't Seen To See You Baby
Although My Eyes Are Open Wide
But I Know I'll See You Once More

When I See You, I'll See You On The Other Side
Yes, I'll See You, I'll See You On The Other Side

Leaving, I Hate To See You Cry
Grieving, I Hate To Say Goodbye
Dust And Ash Forever, Yeah

Though I Know We Must Be Parted
As Sure As Stars Are In The Sky
I'm Gonna See You When It Comes To Glory

And I'll See You, I'll See You On The Other Side
Yes, I'll See You, I'll See You On The Other Side

Never Thought I'd Feel Like This
Strange To Be Alone, Yeah
But We'll Be Together
Carved In Stone, Carved In Stone, Carved In Stone

Hold Me, Hold Me Tight I'm Falling
Far Away, Distant Voices Calling
I'm So Cold, I Need You Darling, Yeah

I Was Down, But Now I'm Flying
Straight Across The Great Divide
I Know You're Crying, But I'll Stop You Crying

When I See You I See You On The Other Side
Yes, I'll See You, See You On The Other Side
I'm Gonna See You, See You On The Other Side
God Knows I'll See You, See You On The Other Side, Yeah

I'll See You, See You On The Other Side
I'm Gonna See You, See You On The Other Side
God Knows I'll See You, See You On The Other Side, Yeah
I Wanna See You, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, See You On The Other Side
God Knows I'll See You, See You On The Other Side

Or, maybe this one.

Symphony X
Paradise Lost

In the cold misty morning
gleaming rays awake the dawn
Here I stand - a stranger in this land
does your conscience betray you?
falling from grace -
feel the sun on my face
does desire still hold true?

Mystified by her beauty -
does the hunter pity his prey?
Under starless skies all
Love must die and fade away

Take my hand - divine or damned
Make a stand, seize the day
Yours or mine, damned of divine
Draw the line, come what may...

Looking down from ethereal skies
Silent crystalline tears I cry
For all must say their last goodbye -
to Paradise

My yearning is silenced by angelic skin of white
Love conquers all for heaven's fall
this faithful night.
Yours or mine - damned of divine
Draw the line - serpentine...

Love is a tragedy
all that I have, all that I'll ever need
is right here inside
Let the winds of freedom be my guide

Looking down from Ethereal Skies
to Paradise

to Paradise
Say goodbye, goodbye, hold on!

...so I've cheated and I've lied
been the victim of foolish pride
and I've begged and I've crawled
and I've battled and bled for it all
now I'll savor the downfall...
of Paradise

For all will say their last goodbye
to Paradise

Best I can do, although they are very good songs.

Blazing Charmander

Are you a pearlshipper? You seem peculiar here, and just so you know, that I hope that you know all the rules (since you've been around for more than 4 years), and please don't hurt this forum with Chimchar's flames ^-^.

Yep, I most certainly am a Pearlshipper. I've already posted here declaring my affection towards this ship a few pages into the thread. If I seem peculiar here, it is simply because I rarely find the time to post (due to school work etc.) And of course I know the rules, considering that I've been a member since the beginning of these forums ;).

Anyway, I wouldn't say there's any harm in posting what I believe to be a potential Pearlshipping hint. After all, this is a place to discuss why you like the shipping, and what you believe to be developments in the relationship of the subjects. If others disagree with one's opinion, then it is the idea of this thread for them to either state why they agree or disagree. Sorry for sounding slightly harsh, but i'm a bit offended by how unwelcome i've been made to feel here with what I feel to be a completely sensible opinion. That, and i've had quite a long day lol.

EDIT: Oh, i've just realised that maybe you could have misinterpreted that post. I see why that may make me sound like i'm not a Pearlshipper, but all I was trying to say was that there are always two sides to an argument. However, unlike what it looks like i am very much on the side where I believe that the clip in the preview IS a hint. Apologies if I have caused confusion.

That aside, I'll answer why I am a Pearlshipper. I'll admit there is something about Ash/Main Girl Character shippings that I adore - seeing as I have grown to like Pokeshipping and Advanceshipping as well as this. However, I feel that Pearlshipping offers a different dynamic between Ash and his travelling girl companion. Misty and May had different kinds of relationships with Ash, but with Dawn, I think he interacts very well with her. While they have their disputes, they mostly get along very well and understand each other's needs. I believe that they compliment each other very well.

Good work, Endless_Summer. I must say that I am very impressed by your works whenever I see them. You have caught the mood of this ship very well, in the way that they seem ready to care for each other. Well done once again. :)

Last edited:

PKLegendHeroe

Yep, I most certainly am a Pearlshipper. I've already posted here declaring my affection towards this ship a few pages into the thread. If I seem peculiar here, it is simply because I rarely find the time to post (due to school work etc.) And of course I know the rules, considering that I've been a member since the beginning of these forums ;).

Anyway, I wouldn't say there's any harm in posting what I believe to be a potential Pearlshipping hint. After all, this is a place to discuss why you like the shipping, and what you believe to be developments in the relationship of the subjects. If others disagree with one's opinion, then it is the idea of this thread for them to either state why they agree or disagree. Sorry for sounding slightly harsh, but i'm a bit offended by how unwelcome i've been made to feel here with what I feel to be a completely sensible opinion. That, and i've had quite a long day lol.

EDIT: Oh, i've just realised that maybe you could have misinterpreted that post. I see why that may make me sound like i'm not a Pearlshipper, but all I was trying to say was that there are always two sides to an argument. However, unlike what it looks like i am very much on the side where I believe that the clip in the preview IS a hint. Apologies if I have caused confusion.

That aside, I'll answer why I am a Pearlshipper. I'll admit there is something about Ash/Main Girl Character shippings that I adore - seeing as I have grown to like Pokeshipping and Advanceshipping as well as this. However, I feel that Pearlshipping offers a different dynamic between Ash and his travelling girl companion. Misty and May had different kinds of relationships with Ash, but with Dawn, I think he interacts very well with her. While they have their disputes, they mostly get along very well and understand each other's needs. I believe that they compliment each other very well.

Good work, Endless_Summer. I must say that I am very impressed by your works whenever I see them. You have caught the mood of this ship very well, in the way that they seem ready to care for each other. Well done once again. :)

thanks for the idea. I bet foxkrystal didn't meant to say that. dont worry your Welcome to the forum.
oh and welcome Endless Summer, I love your Pearlshipping artwork.

oh I have another song. well Its from the 10th movie ending theme

Sarah Brightman ft. Chris Thompson - I will be with you (where the losts ones go) I quite find the song romantic

Rouenne

Looking for Someone
Here's my choice:

From Dawn to Ash

Why?

The haze beyond your eyes clouds my sight
Are there feelings lying at the bottom of your heart?

Even if the whole world was yours
Would that that bring you happiness?

Why? do you look up at the lonesome sky?
Why? let's see you smile
I know what you're like
How you aren't good at putting things into words, so why not...

What happened in days long past?
In your eyes, as turn your gaze away from me

Do you know of such a warmth
One that can embrace you on those lonely nights by yourself?

Why are you so worked up on appearances?
Why? Don't open up your heart?
I know you've had a heavy cross to bear
But I've got the strength to accept you
So why not try believing in me?

The free are awkward...
The free are anxious...

Why do you look up at the lonesome sky?
Why? let's see you smile
I know what you're like
How you aren't good at putting thing into words
So why not try believing in me?

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!
I think this song is good for Pearlshipping
"Do You Believe in Magic?"
Do you believe in magic in a young girl's heart
How the music can free her, whenever it starts
And it's magic, if the music is groovy
It makes you feel happy like an old-time movie
I'll tell you about the magic, and it'll free your soul
But it's like trying to tell a stranger 'bout rock and roll

If you believe in magic don't bother to choose
If it's jug band music or rhythm and blues
Just go and listen it'll start with a smile
It won't wipe off your face no matter how hard you try
Your feet start tapping and you can't seem to find
How you got there, so just blow your mind

If you believe in magic, come along with me
We'll dance until morning 'til there's just you and me
And maybe, if the music is right
I'll meet you tomorrow, sort of late at night
And we'll go dancing, baby, then you'll see
How the magic's in the music and the music's in me

Yeah, do you believe in magic
Yeah, believe in the magic of a young girl's soul
Believe in the magic of rock and roll
Believe in the magic that can set you free
Ohh, talking 'bout magic

Do you believe like I believe Do you believe in magic
Do you believe like I believe Do you believe, believe
Do you believe like I believe Do you believe in magic
[Fade]
I also got a new picture from fanfictor26, it's about DP077. One of my most favorite pokemon episodes ^-^.
http://fanfictor26.deviantart.com/art/DP077-86535465

PKLegendHeroe

Interesting
well we didnt got any hints. kinda good that Team Rocket got a yanyama then it evolved. Interesting that ash and dawn remember their first pokemon capture. I wonder why were they close? also music themes were from the 9th movie which was good. But the next ep. will be awesome. look at this

[IMG139]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn120/Legend_heroe/pic02.jpg[/IMG139]

I wonder what will happen. anyways those two piplups were so cute.

anyone else has any topic ideas? im kinda lost in my mind

Blazing Charmander

Interesting
well we didnt got any hints. kinda good that Team Rocket got a yanyama then it evolved. Interesting that ash and dawn remember their first pokemon capture. I wonder why were they close? also music themes were from the 9th movie which was good. But the next ep. will be awesome. look at this

[IMG139]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn120/Legend_heroe/pic02.jpg[/IMG139]

I wonder what will happen. anyways those two piplups were so cute.

Yep, that's the scene I have been referring to hehe. Whether that is the extent to Dawn's concern (or if she is even worrying about Ash) remains to be seen, but I am pretty convinced that it is her reaction to Ash's pain, judging by the order of the clips. Let's hope that a little more happens between Ash and Dawn in this episode as well.

Love the fanart, Foxkrystal. Ash and Dawn's tendency to high five each other is a fun and unique little quirk that the two have :D. They have done it on numerous occasions now, so it is safe to assume that it is their unique way of showing each other support. It's really cute that they do it.

Last edited:

sweetpikachu

PYT. ♥ (:
pearlshipping

Hi! I`m a new member to Serebii and I just want to say that I LUV Pearlshipping!!! Ash and Dawn look awesome together! Dannyphantomhott,
can you please add me to the list of pearlshippers???;

PKLegendHeroe

Welcome. Dannyphatom is not here. I dont even where she is. anyways welcome to the forum and have fun
and yes im a true Pearlshipper lover too!!^^

Last edited:

sweetpikachu

PYT. ♥ (:
Welcome. Dannyphatom is not here. I dont even where he is. anyways welcome to the forum and have fun
and yes im a true Pearlshipper lover too!!^^

Thanks! If Dannyphantomhott is ever online when im not can you send her a
message saying I asked to be on the list?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.