• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pedal to the Mettle (599)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I dunno why Team Rocket even bothered helping out cuz they didn't even do it to steal Pikachu or anything. I guess that the writing staff simply wanted them to appear here and them running the scoreboard was the only valid excuse hee hee.

Running the scoreboard and preparing the battlefield here was their job apparently. I think this was one of those rare times that we saw their side jobs lol. :p

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Running the scoreboard and preparing the battlefield here was their job apparently. I think this was one of those rare times that we saw their side jobs lol. :p

O yea I remember now that Team Rocket have secondary jobs that we usually never see, so I guess them working on the scoreboard was one of them. I just assumed that they had volunteered to help the referee as part of one of their plans.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
O yea I remember now that Team Rocket have secondary jobs that we usually never see, so I guess them working on the scoreboard was one of them. I just assumed that they had volunteered to help the referee as part of one of their plans.

They would've been dumb to even try to steal any Pokemon here anyway since Paul was around and his Pokemon could solo TR and stop them in seconds. ;)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
They would've been dumb to even try to steal any Pokemon here anyway since Paul was around and his Pokemon could solo TR and stop them in seconds. ;)

That's true hee hee. Paul had his best Pokemon including Weavile, Electabuzz and Torterra with him for this six on six battle and I'm sure he would've been really annoyed if Team Rocket had interrupted him battle with Ash.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Paul had his best Pokemon including Weavile, Electabuzz and Torterra with him for this six on six battle

Eh, I wouldn't consider his Weavile to be that great since, as we saw, Ash's Staraptor made quick work of Weavile. Like, it was odd how fast Weavile went down given Paul's strength...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Eh, I wouldn't consider his Weavile to be that great since, as we saw, Ash's Staraptor made quick work of Weavile. Like, it was odd how fast Weavile went down given Paul's strength...

I thought that Weavile managed to seem strong since it was speedy and damaged Staraptor with Metal Claw and Blizzard. Him losing was good tho cuz it showed us that Paul's team wasn't invincible and that Ash had improved as well. ^^

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I thought that Weavile managed to seem strong since it was speedy and damaged Staraptor with Metal Claw and Blizzard. Him losing was good tho cuz it showed us that Paul's team wasn't invincible and that Ash had improved as well. ^^

But then Ash's Grotle got knocked out by Honchkrow right after lol. So I have my doubts that Ash had improved that much by this point.

Leonhart

Imagineer
To this day, I find the Shinji versus Satoshi match at Lake Eichi to be silly in the sense that whether Satoshi won or lost, nothing would've changed. What amused me was how the Rocket-dan helped with the scoreboard.

Vulpicks

I think this is the most switching during a battle I've ever seen, especially from Ash. It's just like when people fight each other in the games lol.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wish that Satoshi hadn't swapped Pokemon so much here, because it made him seem indecisive, which is unusual for him. In fact, his strategies in general here seemed different than usual.

Daizy

I call you honey
The music is really something else in this episode. I really enjoyed that which I saw of the battle as well. I was half hoping that the episode would have ended with Magmortar sending a Fire Blast towards Pikachu.

Scorbunnie

One of the best sinnoh episodes hands down. Paul was so good at strategizing and he made Ash look weak by comparison when you look back and see how prepared Paul was for Ash's battle plan. Ash dropped the ball and had to keep switching his pokemon just to keep up.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Scorbunnie said:
One of the best sinnoh episodes hands down. Paul was so good at strategizing and he made Ash look weak by comparison when you look back and see how prepared Paul was for Ash's battle plan. Ash dropped the ball and had to keep switching his pokemon just to keep up.

Satoshi did seem unprepared despite the match being planned in advance, and my head-canon explanation is that he underestimated Shinji's growth. I think that Satoshi beating Shinji at PokeRinger before might've gotten to his head and made him think that he had finally gotten stronger than Shinji.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Good episode. I liked seeing Ash and Paul battle near Lake Acuity, rather than on the usual battlefield. Weavile jumping on Staraptor's back was cool, as was Torterra chomping on Gliscor's tail. Using Grotle against Honchkrow again was stupid, though. TRio were actually funny there.
9/10

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Good start to the Lake Acuity battle, and a luxurious one might I add. A traveling referee, a real scoreboard, like this match is being treated as such a professional/serious event. As it should, but still I was taken aback for a bit.

More acknowledgement of Paul and Ash being parallels to one another and the key to their relationship, always love to hear it. Paul being noticeably different to everyone was also good followup to the start of his development last time around, and it shows. The whole battle is being dominated by very meticulous planning and team building on his part, like Reggie said he intends to win with no room for doubt. The numerous substitutions and strategies set up and at play make this a very fun battle to analyze and try to keep up with. Great stuff so far