• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pedal to the Mettle (599)

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
I loved how Grotle and Honchkrow are starting a rivalry now, but doesn't it seem like an odd pairing? I always thought it would be Staraptor and Honchkrow... oh well.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Well, Grotle was somewhat disappointing but Gliscor made up for him in spades. Staraptor was quite impressive, Even if I dislike it. And the reaction when Magmortor came was classic.

cloudk

hates you.
-Gliscor has increased in strength, or maybe Torterra decreased in strength, or maybe it was Paul not ordering Torterra to do anything when Ash was spamming his skillz.

-Dawn and the idoits got shocked when Ash switch Buizel out. I wonder why.

-Purple scythe thing couldn't have been Swords Dance-Honchkrow used it to attack Grotle. Speaking of Grotle, i don't want to speak about it, since the writers like to shove it aside so much

-Nice to see Light Screen carried over, but Dawn and the idoits just like to keep on talking, huh?

-Preview shows Monferno as expected, and it learns Mach Punch as spectaculated earlier on. Seems like Monferno is a huge threat(I'm glad it is)

-The episode was pretty meh. i'd give it a 7/10 , but the constant talking and lousy music urges me to hate this episode. 4/10 it is.

Not the most "remarkable" episode i've seen. One of the lousiest battles i've seen in DP, TBH.(Besides the Grotle VS. Swampert)

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Who says it is a rivalry? People are just tossing that word around these days.

Actually, this is the first time in a while that the term 'rivalry' has been used where it's needed. Grotle has actually shown signs of wanting to get back at Honchkrow.

Whereas with the Gliscor's, the birds, etc...People have just assumed there's a rivalry due to the typing/Pokemon. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Gliscor rivalry as much as the next guy, but as of yet, there isn't one.

Rampardo

-The episode was pretty meh. i'd give it a 7/10 , but the constant talking and lousy music urges me to hate this episode. 4/10 it is.

Not the most "remarkable" episode i've seen. One of the lousiest battles i've seen in DP, TBH.(Besides the Grotle VS. Swampert)

I agree. Brock and Reggie need to shut up! It felt like it even wasn't a battle... I've never experienced this much sideline talk during a battle before. Totally ruined it...

-Nice to see Light Screen carried over, but Dawn and the idoits just like to keep on talking, huh?

I seriously wanted to break something with the amount of talking that went on instead of battle footage in this episode.

So damn irritating. D:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The kiddies need Brock and Reggie to explain every little thing that goes on in the battle.

But yeah, I always find it ridiculous the amount of time they spent on Brock literally explaining things we already know or just saw.

HoennMaster

And that's probably why I couldn't watch much of it. :)

Edit: After watching this episode to the end. Yeah, all the talking really brought the battle down. Not only that, but Magmortar's fire (on its body) is kind of lame.

Last edited:

JD

Erm I starting to think ash souldve never traded ambipom but its o late know but I cant wait to see monferno

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
Erm I starting to think ash souldve never traded ambipom but its o late know but I cant wait to see monferno

Better Ambipom disappear than Buizel, I seriously don't see why people think Buizel's suddenly weak.

Sure, it lost in one match, but I still believe it has some potential to kick butt later in the series. It's not any of Ash's other pokémon could easily blow away Steelix and Ursaring...

aipom1234

Master Coordinator
haha,
I really loved how Ash thought he was gonna get the advantage,
and next thing you know Magmortar's out and he's kicking ***!
Ash needs to bring back reserves if he wants to beat Paul!!

And I'm getting a little effing sick of Brock taking up the whole damn episode explaining every possible angle of the battle, even after it was just demonstrated.

Netbug009

On the subject of a lot of dialog, I think this battle was a lot more psychological than matches in Pokemon usually are, hence a bit less action and more talk in it.

Alloute

Not Banned
Very interesting episode.

I felt like I was watching a Pokemon League battle.

9/10

pokemonmewpikachuluv

pikachus biggest fan
pikachu, buizel, gliscor, monferno, grotle, staraptor, ash
u all still won in my hearts