We're finally at Lake Acuity, & with a full-blown war going on soon, the hot lead is going to be flying all over the place.
- Ash is getting his Pokemon checked up in the PC. A wise move, considering that Paul did the same thing earlier.
- Once everything is ready, they head out to the PC Wargrounds.
- Unfortunately, this warground is under refurbishment by none other than TR. This time, there are no gimmicks here, as they've seen that "help wanted" poster nearby & figured, "Hey, this is a great opportunity to actually get some money in our bank accounts!"
- However, Reggie has found means of improvising, as they moved the war-zone over to the very lakefront of Lake Acuity. To top it all off, he also found them a traveling referee, whose balloon also becomes a reference board.
- WAR START!!!
Ash starts off with his Buizel, & Paul starts with Torterra.
- ...& right off the bat, he switches out with Gliscor.
- He starts off with a Sand-attack. Torterra uses Giga Drain, which of course misses, but Paul has an idea... He plans on taking advantage of his cockyness, & combine that with studying Ash's team, he's formulated a strategy to overwhelm Ash.
- Ash, on the other hand, hasn't come up with any strategy against Paul, so he's probably already lost this fight...
- Gliscor pelts Torterra with numerous X-scissors. Torterra tries to counter with Frenzy Plant, but can't get a bead on him.
- Gliscor moves in for the kill, but Torterra Crunches on his tail. With Gliscor ensnared, he's open for another Giga Drain.
- Gliscor is on the ropes, when he gets a Fire Fang in there & finally frees itself.
- Ash swaps out to Staraptor, & shortly after, Paul does the same, only with Weavile.
- Staraptor starts off with Brave Bird, Weavile gets a Swords Dance in. Weavile lets out a Blizzard that stops Staraptor in his tracks.
- He tries again, but Weavile jumps on him & uses Metal claw, with serious results.
- But now, it's time for CQB, in the form of Close Combat! Weavile, having a quad weakness against it, couldn't take this sort of punishment.
- One more Brave Bird, &...
- Ash drew first blood! Hehehe...
But... it's just begun...
- Ash gets out his Grotle, & Paul gets out Electabuzz.
- Grotle fires an Energy Ball, but it is stopped by Electabuzz's Light Screen!
- Right off the bat, Paul swaps out for Honchkrow, & now this becomes a grudge match.
- Honchkrow easily dodges all of Grotle's attacks, & begins pelting him with Night Slash.
- Grotle tries to Retaliate with Energy Ball, but Electabuzz's Light Screen is still on, which, combined with Honchkrow's typing, virtually nullifies this attack.
- Grotle is taking a beating, so it uses Synthesis. However, it used it at a bad time, which Paul takes advantage of.
- Grotle tries to retaliate with Rock Climb, but it's too late... Grotle's dead, Jim!
- Paul's strategy is working, & his confidence reaches an all time high.
- Pikachu gets in there, but he is met with a Magmortar! Turns out that Paul found a way to upgrade him.
- The two of them face-off against each other... & cut!!!
Dammit! Guess this war is going to take more than a measly half-hour to finish, & I'm still miffed over CN moving this show to 7:00 in the morning. The anticipation is killing me!