• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pedophilia

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are REALLY argueing about it?
Okay,here's my opinion so don't get all mad at me.
Opinion: I just don't CARE what the age difference is in a relationship.
I don't CARE if an 80 year old man had sex with a 16 year old.If the girl wanted it,then it's NOT a problem,even though quite akward as everybody knows.
BUT,it is NOT okay if the girl did NOT want or ask for it,THEN it's rape.
It's as easy as that.You can be a Pedo,just DON'T do it to girls who don't want it.
And people who call them Pedo's,don't because it's rude.
It's just love,no matter HOW old you are.
I KNOW some of the high-school boys here remember a time they were 13 or 14 and wanted a 16-18 year old girlfriend,just admit it,I did once,lol. :p
So yeah,that's my opinion. :)

Psychic

Really and truly
Did you read the rest of the post? I'm saying that I feel what we're doing now is fine, and I never explicitly stated that I wanted it to be legal. I'm fine with the harsh consequences, though sometimes people make it to be such a big deal, turning it up to eleven and whatnot.
Maybe because it is a big deal? As we've said before, the victims of pedophilia are almost always psychologically and physically harmed in the long-term. Imagine the victim was someone you knew: a friend, a sibling, a cousin under 12. Imagine an adult coercing them into having sex. Studies have proven the harm it does. Would you ever want that for someone you know and love?

Anyhow, to go back to your original post:
I don't think it should be completely outlawed either, as pedophilia is a choice, albeit harmful. Honestly, I think what we're doing now is probably the best course of action, though maybe add and remove a couple clauses, make it more specific.
I'm not really sure what you mean, then. You say it shouldn't be against the law, but that the current laws are fine. But the current laws regarding pedophilia is that it's against the law. I'm not really sure what changed you'd like to see. Have you looked up the specific laws in your country/state?

Phrases like "pedophilia is a choice, albeit harmful" sounds unfortunately like "murder is a choice, albeit harmful." If any act hurts someone, then why should there be any leeway for it to be done? I'm sure this isn't what you meant, but your wording was incredibly unfortunate.

I don't CARE if an 80 year old man had sex with a 16 year old.If the girl wanted it,then it's NOT a problem,even though quite akward as everybody knows.
BUT,it is NOT okay if the girl did NOT want or ask for it,THEN it's rape.
We know what rape is, but I don't think you know what statutory rape is. :/

Also, the point of pedophilia is that a child can not give informed consent to have sex. It's almost impossible for most children to decide whether or not they want to have sex because they don't know what sex is, they don't know what it means, they don't know what will happen, they don't know the consequences, and they don't even know how to be safe. So no, just because a child says "okay, let's have sex" does not mean they actually understand what they are getting into.

It's as easy as that.You can be a Pedo,just DON'T do it to girls who don't want it.
And people who call them Pedo's,don't because it's rude.
Oh my goodness, are you listening to yourself? If you don't want people to use a term, why are you using it?

It's just love,no matter HOW old you are.
I KNOW some of the high-school boys here remember a time they were 13 or 14 and wanted a 16-18 year old girlfriend,just admit it,I did once,lol. :p
So yeah,that's my opinion. :)
No, an adult preying on a child is not "love," it's a problem that will cause long-term harm to the child. Do you have any siblings or cousins under 12 years old? Imagine an adult wanted to have sex with them. Imagine an adult convincing them to have sex. That is what we are talking about.

People need to stop making this mistake:
Sex involving teenagers is NOT pedophilia, so stop confusing them.

~Psychic

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Did you read the rest of the post? I'm saying that I feel what we're doing now is fine, and I never explicitly stated that I wanted it to be legal. I'm fine with the harsh consequences, though sometimes people make it to be such a big deal, turning it up to eleven and whatnot.

Well I'm sorry for reacting so harshly, but then I really don't know then what you meant with:
I don't think it should be completely outlawed

Anyway, this thread is about pedohilia, not rape (as Psychic also said). "Pedophilia" ONLY refers to grown men (and/or women???) having sex with pre-pubescent children.
Wich , in my opinion, is completely wrong and should always stay illegal no matter what. It is/it is not a choice, it is/it is not the person's fault for having this perversity, doesn't matter, they're harming kids, wich cannot be acceptable in any civil society. Period.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Hey, the Japanese do it all the time so why not?

I seriously hope you're joking.

Anyway, this topic is starting to become more than a little creepy... I'm just saying.

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
Sorry about all this, folks - I'd tried closing the thread last week, but there was some confusion and I assumed it was still open for a reason. Woops.

Anyhow, closing because this thread was...always kind of weird, plus half the posters don't know pedophilia from statutory rape and a fair amount of the discussion here belonged in the Homosexuality thread. :p

~Psychic

Status
Not open for further replies.