• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pencil Meets Photoshop

I did Moltres from an old drawing I had. After spending nearly an hour doing the lineart on all the fire, I felt really constricted by it, and stripped it off the drawing. I just let the fire do it's thing. I didn't add a background, I didn't feel like spending another couple days desiggning it and all that, and I didn't just want to add a mediocre paint fill, so I left it blank, for now. I had originally made a night sky as the background, but I felt that I wasn't able to make it glow properly.

Anyway, here's the link to Moltres Fenice or you may click on the picture.

As an added bonus, here is what it WOULD have looked like, had I kept the background:

Fullscreencapture424200925039AMbmp.jpg

Nope, not posting full version.

PlexOnFire

Amaing man. I could only dream to draw like that.
I thought that the moltres looked pretty good in the night sky really. 10/10 mate.
Totally awesome :)

HakuBlue

Up and away
I love the coloring and shading it's really good. And yeah, I know how hard it is to come up with poses... though I don't use much references on them hahaha, lazy-pants over here ^^.

Thank you HakuBlue

Now, I haven't posted anything because...I haven't finished anything, I'm actually hard at work with some things, but to kill some time today, even though I don't have much time to kill, I did a leafeon transparency, and changed leafeon's colors a bit since the ones on the earthday one are too dark imo.

Anyway, it needs a little trimming here and there, but here it is:

Leafeontransparency-1.png

junpearl63

their rooms
Wow... your artwork is amazing. I really like the Moltres one. Its wings must be hard to draw. Can you draw trainers and the others pokemon?

Mi10ticFan thankyou ^_^, but it's nowhere near perfect. I could have done a whole lot more, but I never finish things...

junpearl63, the only trainer I've ever drawn is Pike Queen Lucy, but she's naked, and I'm already working on a photoshop version of my drawing just for practice, as was the Moltres one. They are both really simple, so I couldn't do much with them. I don't understand your question.

I haven't done much, well I HAVE, but it's not enough that I need to update, but here is a little Articuno Project I'm working on. I also did a sketch of Toon link, which I'm this close *pinches index finger and thumb* to crumbling up and lighting on fire, and an Arceus sketch. I will upload the sketch when I go pay my internet bill, possibly later today, since it's 3am here =P.

~DragonFriend~

Konata Freak
wow! i absolutely love you art, and the shading too.
Its beautiful. keep up the good work

Last edited:
I am broke off my a** so I won't be uploading anything that needs to be scanned, that means my new Arceus sketch will keep collecting dust.

Ignoring the Articuno Project, I felt like trying to draw myself as a MOTHER character. I suck at poses, and the hands look all funny but I don't really care(click on it to go to the Deviant art page):

Since the site isn't letting me upload the big version yet, I guess the little one will have to make due.

HakuBlue

Up and away
The coloring is flawless, and you're transparency is waaaaaaaay cleaner/smoother than mine. Anyways there's just some things that aren't of my liking. The hands like you said are a bit weird (lego-ish?), the shirt seems a tad too loose (making him quite big, but maybe it's intended?) and his eyes, they look more like sapphires than eyes, perhaps it needed more color/highlights ( a quick and easy white dot maybe?). I luuuuuuuuuuved the hair and the jeans though. I'm not that good with lighting, so I'll just pretend I do and assume the shadow's positioned right lol ^^;. Oh, and this is just me and I don't know if you want that look/style, but I tend to make the cheeks of my chibi's way more prominent and more squirrelish looking( I don't know if you can understand such descriptions), in other words concaving the chin more (while yours is more rounded).

Last edited:
HakuBlue, thanks for the crit. I usually mess with the background and transparent background to make sure there aren't too many things "dripping" here and there, and I like clean wok, so I try to be as precise as humanly possible when erasing and coloring. Since this is more or less a mixture of the old school MOTHER style and my own way of coloring, I didn't feel like putting much emphasis on the hands, in fact I was't going to add the fingers in at all, but I went for it in the last phase of the drawing.

The shirt is loose on purpose, I always wear big shirts for some reason, they're more comfortable than tiny polos anyway =P. The eyes were also intended to be very monochrome, on the actual size, a version too big to post because of bandwidth and whatnot, the highlights I put in there are a lot more noticeable. I kept the face rounded because I wanted to capture my look from a couple years ago, I actually had that hair more or less XD, but I forgot to add the 160GB iPod and possibly that tiny "beauty mark" on my cheek lol

Last edited:

HakuBlue

Up and away
In that case, you executed the drawing beautifully c:. For the record, I'm a perfectionist, but even after like 5 different tries the Haku text was still pretty messy. I'll probably fix it in a week after I have the time to waste on being nit-picky ( I have two finals left ;.; ).

I hope the few people that like my stuff didn't think I had forsaken the .5mm #2 mechanical pencil =O

Pretty big art update, so I'll just copy and paste and fix it later =P

May 13 '09
Mother's day in mexico went by without me being able to talk to my mother =[. Ok enough about me, I always b!tch about me =P. I am going to show you people some things that I was working on a little while ago but wasn't able to upload until recently when I went to get them scanned. Funny story, the place I usually go to to scan my things was closed due to the Swine flu =P As always to avoid mindless bandwidth abuse Click on the thumbnail to go to the nice and pretty big version. And I put my comments on the DA thing for a reason people, stupid questions and stupid comments suck. I do, however, appreciate you taking your time to look at my stupid drawings =P

That Happier Feeling - Pencil

This was just me doing someone else's drawing in my style. I take no credit for it whatsoever. The original artist is in the description at DA and the original piece can be found here.

Andrew's Totodile

Please read the description at DA. I don't usually do requests anymore =P

The Seventh Day

Lol, I have no imagination XD. I did this without a reference at first, then crumbled it up, then started again, looked at the original Sugimory art for some details, and at a picture of a resting goat =P, but that was after I did the face lol. His head is HUGE XD Mew was meant to be there, but have you any idea how complex mew is? Yes, MEW. Read the description in DA, on the other ones too =P.

The Many Faces of Brawl - Ike

The hair took hours, and I didn't feel much like working avidly hard on the rest of the body, what you see is what you get. I felt a need to apologize to Ike for messing up my last drawing of him.

Dialga Trophy

This one's the trophy of Dialga from brawl, horrible drawing, I know. I did it before the Celebi trophy, a much better draw ^^; This was meant as a gift for my nephew. He's like 6 and just drools over Pokemon XD. Unfortunately this is one of the ones I was never able to give him ;_;, but he did take an awesome none-referenced Entei drawing of mine, I even drew a background for it =O, I never do backgrounds =O

Last edited:
This was a crappy sketch to begin with, I didn't pour my heart and soul into making it smooth or anything. When I went to color it, I didn't feel like doing it the same way I've done other things. I wanted to make it have a feel, but not like an overwhelmed with effects feel. Let it keep it's rough edges, shed a little light on it, but remember what makes it special, those were words that were randomly flowing through my head.

I'm nowhere near some other artists, and I've only scratched the surface of photoshop, but i think I achieved at least some of the calmness that I wanted this piece to have:

Comments are very much appreciated =]

dawsoc

Yes, I'm still alive
arceus was really awesome!

HakuBlue

Up and away
The Arceus isn't that bad if you're still not used to PhotoShop (but lord, is it way better than me and my first encounters with PS... lets just say I went overboard...). I do agree that the vibe is right, the blur+lighting combo worked really well, but I'd think it would look better if maybe the gray areas were a bit more darker in order to enhance the effects. Overall I say that you did what you intended, nothing maaajor, but something simple and modest, but still great overall. BTW, how did you get to be that good at shading with pencils?

Profesco

gone gently
Smeargle, I'd be pleased and honored if you redid any of my posed Pokemon in your pencil shades. You'd be adding a dimension of skill that I can't, and it would be wonderful to see the finished products, wouldn't it? Our combined talents might very well make for spectacular Pokemon. ^_^

Hmhm, many good things to look at, yes... *rubs chin thoughtfully*

That Happier Feeling
Yes, very nice. Your pencil shading is as good as always in this one, and your subject choice was just plain fun. There's really nothing worth bringing under spotlight, but I guess the blush around the nose looks a bit too heavy. Honestly, I'm just digging for something to complain about. It's that cute. =x

Andrew's Totodile
Wow, at first glance, this one seriously looks like it's going to jump right off the page and snap its jaws a you! Smeargle, I just can't get over your shading skills with those maddeningly frustrating mechanical pencils. I'll just mention that Totodile's body looks a bit blobby, as though you were too loose/free with your line. =/

Dialga Trophy
Ooh, I love the metallic head-spike thing that sides Dialga's skull. You've really made that part stand out and shine, and it's amazing. Dialga's face/forehead looks just a slight bit too flat and pointy, but the picture does exert a certain pressure and presence~

The Many Faces of Brawl - Ike
No complaints at all. My hands and eyes ache just thinking about the time you spent on his hair, Smeargle. @_@ Excellent job~

The Seventh Day
I like Arceus's head, actually. It looks a bit wider at the base (behind the sticking-up things) than it should be, but the mane looks great! And the neck looks a bit smaller, if I can picture it right... but to be honest, we don't have a whole heck of a lot to go on for Arceus. It'll be easier to get a feel for what it looks like in action... um, when we actually get to see it in action. For now, your colored version is simply beautiful. Your shading skills extend past monochrome and into color nicely, and you really did succeed on the misty, cloudy texture. That Arceus looks like it's frolicking around inside a warm, soft cloud... *sighs happily*

BTW, how did you get to be that good at shading with pencils?

It has to be some sort of witchcraft, it just has to!