• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pencil Meets Photoshop

Due to the great number of art threads I've made, I decided to make this, therefore as of now, this will be my one and only Gallery thread.

No need to concern yourself with the title, I simply have no imagination =). I will be posting all my art here from now on, providing a thumbnail if possible to make it easier for people to browse. Most of my work is available in my DeviantArt gallery, this is mainly for updates, and to expand my audience...if you can call it that...can you???

September 03 2009

Update time, and well, I do photoshop junk too so =P

cd2a02461590e2bb3a4280b84e760831.png

Your Daddy
(as named by AerialAce!)

This one is the colored version of a sketch by Profesco(yah, the mod dude), which I re-drew and whatnot. It brings back memories.​

August 02 2009

Lately I've been struggling with Photoshop since so much of what I wanna do is near impossible without a tabled ;__;, so I took a little break again and went back to good old sketches, they're so much easier =O. Simply click on the pic to go to the DA link if you wish :)

[IMG200]http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs47/f/2009/213/f/4/f4a1e7d83ef817e74e65a5946d46bce5.png[/IMG200]
Melancholic
Poor thang, finally something not referenced n___n, hadn't done that in a while.

[IMG200]http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/213/0/a/0a94c700aa5d9a49b4effc63569f4af4.png[/IMG200]
Kissing Phail
Err... um... anyway... A little collaboration never hurt anyone, so I did that with a DA friend, LuigiWithCheese, whose ridiculously random inappropriateness amuses me to no end :)

[IMG200]http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs46/f/2009/213/2/8/28767cae0e27d176cb6817f33438c50e.png[/IMG200]
Palkia
Took a snapshot of the Palkia trophy in brawl and drew it, changing it a bit since snapshot pic's quality sucks D:

7-15-2009

Hmmmm..... I guess it's time I posted something ^^;;;;; Here we are:

Celebi
Click on the image, or here, to read my thoughts and see it in Deviant Art if you wish ñ__ñ​

[IMG200]http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/175/3/1/318939b4bef9c8a867c5ef60a55971ed.png[/IMG200]

Sugimori's Cyndaquill

Done as requested by Briankelly130 from the Gay/Lesbian Alliance Club. First time I saw him I thought he was just some lost person, but he's actually pretty cool ^^

Just a copy, nothing special, that's what he asked for after seeing the Totodile I drew(also Sugimori's), wouldn't have drawn this if I wasn't so bored in the middle of the night with lots of other thins to do.

[IMG200]http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs47/f/2009/175/c/3/Lucas_Lineart_by_TheMexicanSmeargle.png[/IMG]200

Lucas Lineart

Based off a Brawl snapshot, but this time I did a bit more than just copy, since things are too stoic in brawl sometimes imo Xd. I plan to use it in Photoshop for some painting in the near future

I'll be posting more later when I get them all uploaded, there are six new drawings in all.

[IMG200]http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/175/0/4/045451711b126ad999b20f1ced97e3e0.png[/IMG200]

The Many Faces of Brawl Charizard

Click on the pic to go to my description

June 05 09
Sometimes I ask myself why I even bother updating, why do I even bother drawing? I don't know, okay, I just don't know. Most of my time had been recently spent doing something I was requested to do. To be prudent, I will not be showing it =P. As always, click to go to full size, and click to enlarge.

CuteNess (should have gone for adorable =P)

A child's innocence remains one of the most beautiful and fragile things in this world.

May 26 '09
Update time Xd, this time I took the pleasure to re-work a couple of my personal favorites by the very talented Profesco ^^. Please read the description and view the full sized version, as always, by clicking on the pint sized image. I want to hear your thoughts so please comment ^_____________________^

[IMG200]http://th05.deviantart.com/fs45/300W/i/2009/146/3/d/Charizard___Profesco_by_TheMexicanSmeargle.jpg[/IMG200]
Charizard - Profesco

[IMG200]http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs45/i/2009/146/a/c/Cyther___Profesco_by_TheMexicanSmeargle.jpg[/IMG200]
Scyther - Profesco

May 23 '09
Sometimes when I get sidetracked on something, it becomes my main priority, and I neglect my other work, that is why I will probably be taking a break from art once I finish what I'm working on. The first to be finished is Ness, because I have some strange attachment to him:

NESS
He was supposed to be an American boy named Ninten by default, then on the sequal/remake he was an English boy names Ness. Fans debate whether Ninten and Ness are ultimately one and the same. All I know is that he's cute as a button, yet cool like a skater boy, but he kicks *ss like a jock =O. It's confusing how baseball's his thing in Earthbound since he's English, I can't picture an Englishman ballin' ^^; The signature on the cap is there for theft purposes, and to have it include a touch of me.

May 18 '09
Update time again =O. I'm atill working on some of Profesco's drawings, my sleeping schedule's a bit off, and I haven't found the energy to do much lately =/

[IMG200]http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs42/i/2009/138/a/1/TMFoB___Pit_by_TheMexicanSmeargle.png[/IMG200]
The Many Faces of Brawl - Pit

Apparently scanners hate me more than Mario fans hate Microsoft =/. In this case the horrible noise got rid of a staggering amount of detail I put into the hair. Without further ado, this is what I drew a few days ago, The Many Faces Of Brawl - Pit

[IMG200]http://th00.deviantart.com/fs42/300W/i/2009/138/c/1/Ave_by_TheMexicanSmeargle.jpg[/IMG200]
Ave

And of course I'll post some old sketch I did a long time ago for no reason at all. As always, click on the image to go to the bigger version if you like.

May 13 '09

Mother's day in mexico went by without me being able to talk to my mother =[. Ok enough about me, I always b!tch about me =P. I am going to show you people some things that I was working on a little while ago but wasn't able to upload until recently when I went to get them scanned. As always to avoid mindless bandwidth abuse Click on the thumbnail to go to the nice and pretty big version. And I put my comments on the DA thing for a reason people, stupid questions and stupid comments suck. I do, however, appreciate you taking your time to look at my stupid drawings =P

That Happier Feeling - Pencil

This was just me doing someone else's drawing in my style. I take no credit for it whatsoever. The original artist is in the description at DA and the original piece can be found here.

Andrew's Totodile

Please read the description at DA. I don't usually do requests anymore =P

The Seventh Day

Lol, I have no imagination XD. I did this without a reference at first, then crumbled it up, then started again, looked at the original Sugimory art for some details, and at a picture of a resting goat =P, but that was after I did the face lol. His head is HUGE XD Mew was meant to be there, but have you any idea how complex mew is? Yes, MEW. Read the description in DA, on the other ones too =P.

The Many Faces of Brawl - Ike

The hair took hours, and I didn't feel much like working avidly hard on the rest of the body, what you see is what you get. I felt a need to apologize to Ike for messing up my last drawing of him.

Dialga Trophy

This one's the trophy of Dialga from brawl, horrible drawing, I know. I did it before the Celebi trophy, a much better draw ^^; This was meant as a gift for my nephew. He's like 6 and just drools over Pokemon XD. Unfortunately this is one of the ones I was never able to give him ;_;, but he did take an awesome none-referenced Entei drawing of mine, I even drew a background for it =O, I never do backgrounds =O

May 08

I TRIED to do myself as a MOTHER/Earthbound character, and no, I can't come up with a good pose if my life depends on it. Click to go to the DA version. I couldn't upload the big version since DA never works right for me =/

April 30

I'm working on a toon link drawing and coloring my Articuno sketch. I haven't done much lately since I jump from one thing to another. I'm editing this to test out something with transparency. I won't be posting anything soon, since all I get is mediocre feedback anyway. See y'all in a few months.

Here goes nothin'

Leafeontransparency-1.png

April 25

I did the background on it, and I wanted to make it glow, but not all "OMG it's th3 GLOWING11! =D"

Moltres Constellazione Fenice

April 24

I did Moltres from an old drawing I had. After spending nearly an hour doing the lineart on all the fire, I felt really constricted by it, and stripped it off the drawing. I just let the fire do it's thing. I didn't add a background, I didn't feel like spending another couple days desiggning it and all that, and I didn't just want to add a mediocre paint fill, so I left it blank, for now. I had originally made a night sky as the background, but I felt that I wasn't able to make it glow properly.

Anyway, here's the link to Moltres Fenice or you may click on the picture.

As an added bonus, here is what it WOULD have looked like, had I kept the background:
Fullscreencapture424200925039AMbmp.jpg

Nope, not posting full version =/

April 22

First of all, happy Earthday, if you didn't know then shame on you =P. Today I wanted to post something I spend some time doing yesterday, and all night long for htat matter, I haven't slept since 2pm yesterday, I think. Anyway, this piece is a photoshoped version of a Leafeon I drew way back in '06, and posted in '07. A link to the original can be found in the description.

April 21

I feel like posting my newest piece, and also some old things.

Like I say in the Intro(which is not there right now), today is like my fifth day with photoshop. For the last three days I have been working on a little Earthbound/MOTHER piece I like to call ExpressionlessNess. Be sure to read the description before asking questions, if any, that I may have answered in there.

This is an old-ish sketch of mine that I did last year when I was feeling a yearning to draw. I based it on the pose of someone else's sketch. I simply named it Articuno.

This is the Suicune drawing that I based off the Suicune Trophy in Super Smash Brothers Brawl that the people below this post have been commenting on.

Last edited:

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
whoa... Where'd you learn to draw hair like that? This is too amazing for words. ^_^

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
I must admit that this is stunning, but I have a few qualms that may just be my inexperience...

1. I think that a few places should be darker, namely Suicune's back (maybe), its left hind leg, and its underside.
2. I don't like the hair effect on its mane. Perhaps it is hair, but I've always envisioned it as being some sort of dense mist. But its probably just my perception.

Always great to see artists using plain old pencil nowadays, with all the newfangled digital tools available.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Very good. I love your work! Although I must say its hair looks a little wierd, but that could just be me :p

Thanks KS ^_^

Atoyont, I was considering making those places darker, but I thought about it, and it would make the underside's white surface about the same color as the blue parts. The hind leg, and the back were part of my concern as well. I kept them lighter because I was thinking about the trophy, and how there's really no real shadows in it, only shading, and I imagined Suicune having a little bit of it's own light source.

The hair the hair the hair, well I looked at the trophy and saw that they did hair shading, I wanted to make it a little more "me" and went all drastic and extreme XD. I know it should have been a bit lighter, and it should have a bit less highlights, but I said, meh, it worked for Articuno.

Mr. Joker, again, the hair is mostly me and my craziness =P

Kreis

Still Dirrty
That looks extremely good. You did a very good job. I also agree with Atoyont, perhaps the underside and the left leg could be a bit darker. However, I think the mane is fine. Good job.

...Suicune. 8D

That looks extremely good. You did a very good job. I also agree with Atoyont, perhaps the underside and the left leg could be a bit darker. However, I think the mane is fine. Good job.

...Suicune. 8D

I knew you'd like it, you Suicunephile you XD

The light source is really nonexistent, so I decided not to shade the back, i bet that's all I;ll hear from people for a long time to come though... >_<

YellerCrakka

Honestly guys, if you want to see it darker, up the contrast on your monitors. I really like it. You kinda need a soft touch when drawing with pure pencil, or else you end up pressing harder and harder until you bore a hole in the paper. It really does show your personality and the only thing I would like to see is if you colorize it in photoshop, so it keeps all the lines and character, but would be in color. ^__^

This piece led me to :devWatch: you!

Honestly guys, if you want to see it darker, up the contrast on your monitors. I really like it. You kinda need a soft touch when drawing with pure pencil, or else you end up pressing harder and harder until you bore a hole in the paper. It really does show your personality and the only thing I would like to see is if you colorize it in photoshop, so it keeps all the lines and character, but would be in color. ^__^

This piece led me to :devWatch: you!

Soft touch my butt =P, I have huge heavy hands, and I did rip the paper on my most recent drawing, a streaking Lucas lol. It's taken me some time to get my shading how I kind of want it, but I'm still nowhere near my goal.

I just got photoshop two days ago. If I so much at touched my drawings with my current skill level, I would destroy them.

EDIT, however, I did attempt it earlier, so look above and check it out.

Thanks for watching ;D

Last edited:

YellerCrakka

Yeah! I looked at it before I read this message so I assumed you were rather proficient at PS! ^__^ It looks excellent! You got all the colors perfect!

The only critique now is that it can be cleaned up a little outside the lines. After being colored you can see the little bits of smudging around the outer edges which are somehow more acceptable in a plain pencil drawing.

I really like all your work and I look forward to seeing more of your art!

Averyy

Ima firin' muh lazer
Those are very good and I love the detail you put into suicunes .. erm.. head 'piece'.
I guess I will say that I agree with the comment that YellerCrakka made about smudging so this won't be charged as spam :)

Keep up the amazing work.

I'm getting better at PS, but I won't be coloring anything, that was just me playing with just another button lol.

Yeah, I know, the lines could be cleaner, smudges gone, black outlines should have stayed, all that. Just testing some things here and there.

I'm working on something for the MOTHER fans.

Profesco

gone gently
Smeargle, you artistic genius, you've done it again. My henchmen will be at your door promptly. u_u

Anyway, good points: In your color version, you've highlighted quite beautifully. Also, the way you've given Suicune's body a furry look works out rather better than one would assume. Given Suicune's typing and association with crystal and clarity, I usually imagine the texture of its body to be somewhat smooth, glassy, and maybe even rubbery, but your interpretation looks marvelous.

And critiques: The hair is colored and drawn fine, wispy, flowing, curled, all that good stuff. But where it tapers off at the back, you've gotten a bit too close with your lines. It begins to look thin, like paper or something, almost pointy. And if there's anything a Suicune's mane shouldn't look like, it's folded paper. Second, the hexagonal headgear's lines look a bit wonky. In the monochrome, it looks a bit distorted on the left side, as though the edge/corner/however you want to say it should be further to the left. The bend looks too centered in the middle of the structure. Third, the shading around the nose is great on the right side, but that triangular darkening on the left is odd. I know what you were doing, and it seems appropriate, but the way it actually looks is as though the bridge of Suicune's muzzle is too thin and highly raised. It almost looks like a duck's bill...

And my goodness, I hate how this post looks now, too. There really are extremely few things to complain about in your picture. The critique paragraph there only looks so large because I was stumbling over how to explain my points. =X

Anyway, I'm still greatly impressed by what you're capable of with a mechanical pencil. They've always been awkward and difficult to use for me, as it feels like they slip across the paper too easily. You work with them amazingly, though, and the outcome is downright astonishing to witness. =3

And now to break up a good critic's quote...

Smeargle, you artistic genius, you've done it again. My henchmen will be at your door promptly. u_u

Anyway, good points: In your color version, you've highlighted quite beautifully. Also, the way you've given Suicune's body a furry look works out rather better than one would assume. Given Suicune's typing and association with crystal and clarity, I usually imagine the texture of its body to be somewhat smooth, glassy, and maybe even rubbery, but your interpretation looks marvelous.

Hmmm, I did the coloring just to test out the color replacement button on PS, I didn;t think it would come out as good, but I could have done much more to improobe it, i.e outlines, shades, cleaning it up a bit, and much much more. I never thought of Suicune that way, and the furry thing came from thinkind a little bit about it's little diamond-like white spots. I thought they'd look way too cartoony if I just did some bold outlines on it that vaguely stated "this is where the white spots are."

And critiques: The hair is colored and drawn fine, wispy, flowing, curled, all that good stuff. But where it tapers off at the back, you've gotten a bit too close with your lines. It begins to look thin, like paper or something, almost pointy. And if there's anything a Suicune's mane shouldn't look like, it's folded paper. Second, the hexagonal headgear's lines look a bit wonky. In the monochrome, it looks a bit distorted on the left side, as though the edge/corner/however you want to say it should be further to the left. The bend looks too centered in the middle of the structure. Third, the shading around the nose is great on the right side, but that triangular darkening on the left is odd. I know what you were doing, and it seems appropriate, but the way it actually looks is as though the bridge of Suicune's muzzle is too thin and highly raised. It almost looks like a duck's bill...

I get what you're saying about the hair in the back, it should have probably kept on flowing thinly and somehow get a bit wider, then just seem to disappear. My imagination was on vacation XD. On the hexagonal thingy, Yeah, it does look funny in the monochrome, since I wasn't able to interpret the varying hues and whatnot with black and white, figures. I noticed the shading thing around the facial area DOES make it seem like a ducks bill. I never would have noticed that =O. And I agree with the out of place triangular shading, since my model was in 3d, that just so happened to be the part where the polygons were slanted, as was the crystal thing, and the shading was off.

Anyway, I'm still greatly impressed by what you're capable of with a mechanical pencil. They've always been awkward and difficult to use for me, as it feels like they slip across the paper too easily. You work with them amazingly, though, and the outcome is downright astonishing to witness. =3

Thank you, I'm quite flattered ^o^

Shadow_lugia991

Fish sticks
WOW 0_o I'm good at drawing suicune but lookie here you are waaay better than anyone i've met, even my friend who draws pokemon awesomely xD

and nice job with the crappy 0.5 mechanical pencil-those blasted things always break too easily for me

Last edited by a moderator:
ShadowLugia991, who's your friend? I'd liek to see his/her drawings =D. Please don't doub;e post, there's an Edit Button. As for the pencil, yeah, that thing always breaks on me sooner or later, but since I use it so often, I hardly break it now. What gives me the MOST trouble is the eraser. Due to constant erasing, the texture of the paper may change, and you could end up with something fugly.

Last edited:

Warfare

liverliverliverliver
Sorry if it's not clear in the rules, but you should have only one thread up at a time unless your recent one becomes older than thirty days.

I merged both of your threads, so if you want me to change the title, PM me. On the other hand, if you dislike what I did overall, you can ask me to close or delete this thread and allow you to repost it to your liking and such.

Also, I'm going to delete the posts with comments that have absolutely no contribution at all.

Light

M3s0s Pl0x.
=0
stunning...SO STUNNING...the signature i mean!
lol but uhm the whole package screams ah-maze-ing! What really draws(no pun intended lol) me to the piece is the signature.
Edit: Just took a look at your Ness and Lucas bit along with the Articuno. fuxpro much!? You're pretty talented there.

Happy Earth Day People

Today I'm adding something I revamped a bit. It's a Leafeon I made back in '06, which I posted in DA in '07.

Light...I was thinking about Suicune's hair, that's why my signature came out that way. My actual signature doesn't spell my last name, and has a musical thingy on it, II don't remember what you call it XD, but it's in a few other works I've done.

milenadrg, what is it?

Last edited: