• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Penguinshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleRoses

Jaejoong is HERO
WII-HII!! A penguinshipping thread!
Can I join, please?
thankies!

Why do you like/support Penguinshipping?
At the first, I rather dislike Dawn, because... I dunno why, but I felt she's the one who made May and Misty disappear... But, when I saw getting The Pre-Contest Titters (Did I spell the title correct?) when Kenny teased about her past childhood and Dawn got angry, I like this ship, although I dislike Dawn for her feminime-ness. (I love tomboyish pokemon characters!)
PLUS, when he called her Dee-Dee, I thought he called her Dear-Dear!! Silly me to get the wrong idea!

What do you want to happen between them?
I just really want to know why he called her Dee-Dee right now!

How do you think the two become friends, and what was their relationship like when they were younger?
Uh, maybe they were friends, or good friends. Seeing he knows about (almost) all of her secrets

If Dawn had met Kenny before Ash would she have traveled with him instead?
This is a perfect question and the answer is yes! Kenny is her childhood friend, after all!

How would Kenny confess his feelings to Dawn and vice versa?
Small chance there. I always thought Kenny is not a flirtatious guy like Drew, so maybe he's a shy person when it comes to confessing things.
This applies to Dawn, too.

Finally this place has been bumped, I was gonna do it weeks ago, but was afraid of Chelc, Thx Mel :D, so I'm here and I'm also gonna try my best to keep this place alive too guyz, anyway

How would Kenny confess his feelings to Dawn and vice versa?

I think he would confess by accident, or like stutter when he confesses, and like blush so red he could pass as a tomato, or just like say it in this way:"ILOVE/LIKEYOUDAWN/HIKARI" I just see him as the kind of person to do these things

Do you think Kengo will appear more or less after watching the new opening? Why? How will it affect Penguinshipping?

I think more, why, simple, b/c he hasnt appeared for how many episodes and arcs, and I find him as a main rival compared to Nando, so I think he wont be kicked out in the circle of rivals Dawn has, just yet, DX......... Penguinshipping will still get a chance of happening , and them bonding more, more hints, and of course, this place will be alot more alive

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Why do you like/support Penguinshipping?

Well, I am already a big pokeshipper..........When i saw the one where they introduce Kenny, the two immediately reminded me of Ash and Misty and that's kinda why i became a penguinshipper......

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!
Good news guys
Kenny returns after more than 20 episodes
Anyone have a new topic for it or not? Oh,
and Hikari's Buneary evolves

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
lol at what i am about to say..........

Maybe Kenny's Prinplup will fall in love with
Lopunny

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!
Where did you get this information?

If I tell you where I got that information, then it'll spoil everything.

Come on DP100's gonna' probably be big for us Penguinshipper's, Think of a topic like one of the shipper's in the previous said,
IF Prinplup falls in love with Lopunny, wouldn't this show a hint for Penguinshipping?

Mel-Girl

left. right.
Welcome to the thread new members and yaaaaaaaaaaaaay for people posting! =D I knew that reviving it was a good plan. Better than starting a new thread when we have one where I'm co-owner... *shot*

And foxkrystal, that's some interesting info there. =D But Kengo hasn't been mentioned in the threads about DP 100, so I'm not too sure on this one. Especially since the ep is mostly revolved with Satoshi, his Turtwig and Shinji appearing. OMG Shinji, my second fave bishie <3333 And I'll shut up about that.

I do get the feeling Kengo will appear again soon though. Just this feeling I have. And like, he should tell Satoshi or someone that he's kinda interested in her... That would be cute. But Satoshi shouldn't blurt it out straight away. Let things develop... =D I'd rather a developed relationship than a rushed one.

Do you think Kengo will appear more or less after watching the new opening? Why? How will it affect Penguinshipping?

I think he will, I actually think he will. Or more, I really hope so. The opening theme does seem a tad Pearlshippy but not enough that it rules out other shippings. And Pearlshipping isn't even one-sided yet. People may say that Penguinshipping is one-sided and that Hikari isn't even interested and yet they forgot some things.

That can change. After all, people forget that while Hikari was just teasing Kengo back then about him thinking she was pretty, well, she wanted a reaction, didn't she? When you tease someone, you want a reaction right? And to tease him about thinking she's pretty, you gotta think about the reaction she wanted.

After all, she didn't tease the other guys like that. She just teased Kengo about it. She wanted the reaction from Kengo, and she seemed to have no problems with the reaction she got. Maybe she wants Kengo to take interest in her? Why would she want that if she was 100% not interested? Maybe I'm thinking too hard into this, but you gotta think about other sides to things, right?

Plus, that teasing was totally the cutest thing ever and what got me into liking Penguinshipping to begin with, so why not? Plus Kengo likes her and she's obviously not disinterested so why not?

So yeah, I think Kengo will start appearing more and I think it'll give Penguinshipping more of an impact, maybe some more followers and like, a happy Mel-Girl.

IF Prinplup falls in love with Lopunny, wouldn't this show a hint for Penguinshipping?

Tbh, I really don't assosciate Pokemon ships with their trainers as being hints. If Satoshi and Haruka's Bulbasaurs liked each other and Hikari's Buneary liked Pikachu, which they do, does that also equal Advanceshipping is canon and Pearlshipping is onesided from Hikari's side? I think not.

Hikari's an oblivious girl who doesn't seem to realise that the guys like her. So in any case, I really don't think that Prinplup liking Lopunny (if Buneary evolves to that stage) would affect Penguinshipping in any way, unless it was brought up in a way that made Kengo or Hikari be like, "OMG connection?!"

Damn my long posts.

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
Gotta love KennyxDawn.

Why do you love Penguinshipping?

Because it is a realistic kind of crush, where both 'secretly' like each other but don't want to admit it, and cover it up by teasing each other, but you can tell they care for the other.

I agree, Mel-Girl, it's definitely not one-sided because Dawn was trying to get Kenny to notice her as a girl, and not just that old friend who you used to play hide-and-go-seek with.

pokemaniac10

クロツグ
After ALMOST one month, this thread is alive.
I honestly thought that this thread was going to be dead and that we had to remake the whole thread again; I guess I was wrong.
I should start paying attention to more than just the Pearlshipping thread.

Good news guys
Kenny returns after more than 20 episodes
Anyone have a new topic for it or not? Oh,
and Hikari's Buneary evolves
Now that I read this, I should start going back to the anime section more often.

Being a Pearlshipper, Its no surprise that I pick no. The song looks Pearlshippy and even the translation itself is Pearlshippy. I think he'll still appear, albeit less than in the first half.

Probably. I recall hearing that if a pokemon has a crush on another pokemon, than theres a good chance that their trainers have a crush on each over aswell.

Last edited:

aerisLana

i cannot believe
D: Ouch! Sorry if I complete forgot about this thread. Sorry! >.< Now then, to answer the topics...

Nah, I don't think so. Kenny just needs some time, so I hope he'll appear sooner or later. After all, it's just an opening anyway, so I think it won't affect Penguinshipping that much. ^^; I'm still counting on Kenny's appearances in the future episodes, since Dawn & Kenny have a great childhood bond after all. I hope they will likely focus on Kenny in the future episodes, and less on Zoey because she appears more often that him. D:

I think there will be no hint from this. Penguinshipping was made because of Dawn & Kenny's main Pokemon, Piplup and Prinplup, which are both penguins. I dunno how to make a broad explanation to this, but for me, I think it won't be hint since I think those two Pokemon are not right. =/

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
I agree that it is more likely to see a spark between Prinplup and Piplup than with Lopunny. It makes more sense, being both Penguins. Either way, I think that if that does happen, it will hint towards PenguinShipping, mostly because of the way Kenny and Dawn would react.

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely

To be Blunt...i don't believe so...I mean sure they would make a cute couple but i agree with most of the other members when they say that Piplup goes with Prinplup...Another thing is that even though a lot of people do say that a pokemon reflects their trainers...you have to realize that Pokemon in the anime all have different personalities...not just what their trainers are feeling...so yeah this wouldn't really prove penguinshipping at all.....

Nah, they dont look cute together, Prinplup is better off with his kind (hint:piplup) I mean starting with their races in this case egg group they're totally incompatible, it would make more sense IF Prinplup falls for Piplup, and wouldnt THIS show a hint for Penguinshipping

Chelc

Ok guys - unlike the other "mainstream" shippings, we're very limited. >>; It's past the two week limit so I'm going to close this due to limited things to talk about. However, it will be open again once we get news of Kenny appearing or anything like that.

DO NOT CREATE A NEW ONE.
Thank you.

Swifty

So what's the deal with Kenny going into contests? We know he's a great battler and seems to get excited when he talks about battling with Ash. He even almost gave Ash a run for his money when they battled each other.

...So why is Kenny into contests? If he's so good at battling, he might as well got into something he could go far in. But no, he decides to do something he's not entirely familiar with. Could it be that Kenny got into contests after hearing that Dawn went into contests as well? Is there any other proof in the anime to support this theory?

Espeonic

Hero of Winds
I've always wondered that, too. I don't know if there is any proof to support that Kenny entered Pokémon Contests because of Dawn. I'll rewatch some earlier Kenny episodes when I get the chance.

Since PenguinShipping is my second favorite ship, I'm going to start posting here, too. Hey, that can be a topic.

Do you think that Kenny started to compete in Pokémon Contests to become closer to Dawn, or because he wanted to on his own?

I think he became a Coordinator because of Dawn. He's the only one to seem to be actually smitten when he's around her. Not to mention he didn't want Ash to tell Dawn that he was freaked out in the Solaceon Ruins. And just like Swifty said, Kenny seems to be more interested and more skilled in traditional battles.

Dawn/Hikari

♥ Hikari
I really like Penguinshipping
I think it's a really cute ship because of how Kenny teases Dawn! :)
I just wish Kenny would come back soon.

Chelc

So, what did you guys think about the latest episodes? :p Anything you thought you found interesting and/or comments?

I have to say I'm disappointed, but then again, I don't know what the heck they are saying anyway, lol. :[ What about you guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.