• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Penguinshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelc

Hi.

This thread will live. I will make it live. Even if I am double posting. Man, it's sad that I'm bumping my own thread. >:[

Anyways, I want to talk about this. WHY I DIDN'T NOTICE THIS THE FIRST TIME I WATCHED THE EPISODE, I DON'T KNOW. It saddens me that I just discovered it yesterday, when I could have known about it for months now.

I think it's cute, for sure, but I'm not sure if it can be classified as a hint. Still, it's a more recent moment for us Penguinshippers. 8) I now have some hope for Penguinshipping in the Grand Festival.

Swifty

I think it's pretty relevant that Dawn blushed at Kenny's compliment. She seems to be surprised that Kenny would watch her. Him complimenting her and making her blush makes it seem like she values what Kenny thinks of her.

Yeah she likes him. XD

Rebeccag

Yay more hints ^_^. Ill have to check that out
A topic. What about
"Will Kenny and Dawn both appear at the Sinnoh grand festival and will they have to battle one another?
I think 1 Yes because I think both will get their five ribbons and 2 yes I think they will have to battle one another. I think however Dawn will beat Kenny i dont know why but I think she will

BlueDragonfangirl

I'm sure Kenny will be at the grand festival. That normally happens, all the rivals come and challange Dawn. I bet Kenny will make some sort of a move on her there too, causing both to blush. Which is one reason I look forward to those episodes.

Swifty

ContestShipping didn't really take off until the Grand Festival. There were still a lot of doubts as to if May liked Drew that way. A majority of people believed that Drew liked May back then. However, there was little to go on that established May's attraction to Drew save for a two second blush. May's first Grand Festival had her blushing pretty good in retrospect. XD

I'm predicting that the same will happen for Dawn. Hopefully some drama will happen between Dawn and Kenny making them more aware of their feelings for each other.

Sunsurge

.:Judgement:.
While I can't QUITE say I'm a shipper of this particular ship, I WILL say I do see a great chance of it happening. Kenny obviously likes Dawn, and I think Dawn shows the most hints (than with any of her other ships) of possibly liking him back. Or...at the very least, having liked him in the past.

For some reason, I can see a young Dawn being hopelessly infatuated by Kenny. XD And whenever the two are together on screen, it's obvious they have some sort of chemistry.

My only problem with this ship, is that he's almost ALWAYS gone, so it's easy to forget he exists. But if anything were to happen, I'm sure it would be at the Grand Festival.

Chelc

Welcome to the thread, Sunsurge!

Drew Hoenn appearances: AG033, AG034, AG050, AG051, AG061, AG062, AG077, AG078, AG113, AG121, AG122, AG123 - 12 episodes, two of which he barely had screen time in, so more like 10 episodes.
Kenny Sinnoh appearances: DP026, DP027, DP055, DP060, DP061, DP078, DP079, DP106, DP122, DP123. - 10 episodes, unfortunately 4 are cameos, so...6 episodes total.

Hopefully there will be another filler/Contest episode with Kenny before we get to the Grand Festival. Even without another filler or Contest, Kenny will have 3 (unless it will be longer this year) more episodes, making that 9 total (without the 4 cameos), which will pretty much be the same as Drew.

Really, I remember not being big on Contestshipping until the Hoenn GF/start of the BF season. ^^; So I'm hoping the Grand Festival gives us some Penguinshipping. :p

Espeonic

Hero of Winds
While I can't QUITE say I'm a shipper of this particular ship, I WILL say I do see a great chance of it happening. Kenny obviously likes Dawn, and I think Dawn shows the most hints (than with any of her other ships) of possibly liking him back. Or...at the very least, having liked him in the past.

For some reason, I can see a young Dawn being hopelessly infatuated by Kenny. XD And whenever the two are together on screen, it's obvious they have some sort of chemistry.

My only problem with this ship, is that he's almost ALWAYS gone, so it's easy to forget he exists. But if anything were to happen, I'm sure it would be at the Grand Festival.

I know what you mean. Kenny rarely appears, but at least we get some kind of hint from him every time he appears (aside from cameo appearances).

I want to come up with a good topic, but until then, I'll answer a topic that I didn't answer before.

Why do you like/support Penguinshipping?
I love it because while it's similar to PokéShipping and ContestShipping, the nice difference this ship has is that Dawn and Kenny were friends before being introduced as characters. It's an interesting element that gives the ship some more potential.

That idea of a younger Dawn having a hopeless crush on Kenny sounds hilariously cute to me, Sunsurge. This would give this ship more potential, that is if the writers ever came up with an idea like this.

Rebeccag

Why do you like/support Penguinshipping?

Im not really sure why. I think I do because it has similar traits to Contest and Poke shipping but they were also friends before Kenny arrived so its kinda different as well
Cant wait for kennys next episode only a week to go ^_^

Swifty

There's another trait of PenguinShipping that distinguishes it from the other ships. It's not only the fact that Dawn and Kenny were friends since childhood.

With PokeShipping, it's more like Ash and Misty wouldn't admit that they liked each other. In ContestShipping, May and Drew had more of a competitive streak with each other, with Drew suavely flirting with her.

PenguinShipping distinguishes itself such that the guy is the one with the secret crush and has difficulty showing his feelings. Kenny gets nervous around Dawn when it comes to his feelings as opposed to Drew's confidence towards May and Ash's hostility towards Misty.

I think people tend to vastly overlook that when they compare it to ContestShipping. Sure, Dawn and Kenny are rivals like May and Drew, but the similarities end there. Kenny doesn't give Dawn roses nor does he flaunt his ego nor is he very public with his attraction. It's a totally different specimen.

Espeonic

Hero of Winds
There's another trait of PenguinShipping that distinguishes it from the other ships. It's not only the fact that Dawn and Kenny were friends since childhood.

With PokeShipping, it's more like Ash and Misty wouldn't admit that they liked each other. In ContestShipping, May and Drew had more of a competitive streak with each other, with Drew suavely flirting with her.

PenguinShipping distinguishes itself such that the guy is the one with the secret crush and has difficulty showing his feelings. Kenny gets nervous around Dawn when it comes to his feelings as opposed to Drew's confidence towards May and Ash's hostility towards Misty.

I think people tend to vastly overlook that when they compare it to ContestShipping. Sure, Dawn and Kenny are rivals like May and Drew, but the similarities end there. Kenny doesn't give Dawn roses nor does he flaunt his ego nor is he very public with his attraction. It's a totally different specimen.

Very true. In fact, when I think about it, I can really emphasize with Kenny. With any girl that I had a crush on in middle and high school, I was always pretty nervous around them. Kenny also seems to be afraid of looking like some sort of coward or loser to Dawn. At least, a lot more than Drew and Ash. Once again, I can relate to that, so that's another reason why I love this ship.

Chelc

I think Hikari's rivalry with Kengo is going to heat up a bit once we get to the Grand Festival. In DP123, Kengo declared "war" against Hikari, vowing to win all of his Contests and stay ahead of her. While waiting for the results from the Appeals Round, Hikari was talking to Satoshi about what he said to her. Satoshi said something like (I don't remember that well, I deleted the episode off my computer, and I cba to download it again, lol, if it's wrong, I apologize), "you're rivals, so you should accept his challenge!" Hikari looked over at Kengo as Satoshi said that with a...confused? look on her face, which Kengo returned with a look of determination. She's always thought of him as a friend rather than a rival. I think she finally accepts that he is a rival to her, and their relationship may not be so friendly anymore. At the end of the episode, Kengo tells her he'll see her at the Grand Festival, and nothing more than that. Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but I'm interested to see if that conversation will affect their relationship in any way.

Chelc

No, not yet. We're hoping to get an answer to that soon, and it'll hopefully be a big thing for Penguinshipping. :p

Uh, I'll add something to this post later to make it so not spammish.

J-boogie200

May I please join!

I love Penguinshipping, besides Pokeshipping, it's my favorite ship. I love it because I find the relationship of Kenny and Dawn to be very cute. I even find it to be cuter than Contestshipping!

I find it awesome that Kenny owns a Prinplup, while Dawn owns a Piplup and the fact that they've both beaten each other once, each owning a ribbon from defeating the other. In other words, both will have a piece of them and share something going into the Grand Festival.

I really feel bad for Kenny, cause Dawn won't admit her feelings for him, and he really isn't popular to the Pokemon fanbase as a whole.

However, I love Kenny and Dawn, and I love that the writers didn't make him a Drew clone.

This is why I want to join this thread, because I love Penguinshipping and I don't want it to die.

I'm also obsessed with Penguinshipping videos on Youtube!

Kenny + Dawn forever! <3

Espeonic

Hero of Winds
Hey, I've been meaning to talk about the episode with Kenny that aired a little while ago. It didn't have any hints per se, but I really liked how Dawn reacted to Kenny saying that he wants to catch up with her. She was really flattered that Kenny sees her as serious competition.

Like people said before, the Hoenn and Kanto Grand Festival had the biggest moments for ContestShipping, so I'm hoping that will lead to some good moments in the Sinnoh Grand Festival.

Chelc

Lol oh hey this thread hasn't died yet! ;P

Welcome, J-Boogie! It's great to have you here.

Yes, that recent moment from DP123 was great for us. I'm glad we at least have a little something more for this ship.

I guess there really isn't much to talk about...still. I thought Kenny would have appeared in this next upcoming Contest, but I guess I was wrong. I'm wondering now if he won't appear til the Grand Festival, because of what he said before he left in DP123.

Espeonic

Hero of Winds
Well, there's one thing we can talk about. I'm sure there are some others around here who are aware of this, but just in case...

The recent Japanese episode with the first appearance of Kotone (also known as Soul) had her questioning Dawn if Ash was her boyfriend. She denied it a bit frantically, (but without blushing) and said that they were just good friends. Kotone then apparently ask if there was a boy that she like, and Dawn replies that she's never thought about this. Also apparently, the narrator in the episode said that Kotone will act as a "cupid of love".

Now, before I talk about my thoughts on this, I want to point out that I'm not 100% certain if those last two details are true; it's just what I've heard around the forums.

It's interesting that she is she shipped with many characters, but now we have some actual insight on Dawn and romance. Misty and May are more interested with romance, as seen with episodes like "Wherefore Art Thou, Pokémon?" for Misty and "Love at First Flight!" for May. I recall Dawn commenting on the premise of her Buneary battling Phione for it to have a chance to go out with Buneary as romantic, but she never was as interested as May and Misty. Now she apparently hasn't put any real thought into who she could have a crush on, that is if she even has a crush now (we're rooting for a certain someone).

Now, if that last thing about Kotone is true, then that can give quite a bit of potential for Dawn's ships. Could this possibly mean she might be the driving force for PenguinShipping? I heard that PearlShippers are excited for this for their ship, but based from what I've seen from the screenshots of Dawn denying a relationship with Ash, I don't think she would be the driving force for PearlShipping, especially if she didn't question Ash and Dawn again (after Dawn denied it without blushing), but then decided to ask about someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.