• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

People need to get over time not passing

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
ok guys, just stating my opinion and reasons, lime the thread asks

voicerocker said:
Once again, he can't have teen problems if he's not a teen. And these internal conflicts would probably shift the focus away from Ash's journey as a trainer and the Pokemon.
im saying if time had passed, he WOULD be a teen and THEREFORE have teen problems

AuraMaster said:
People need to stop being so butthurt about it and deal with it.
WHOA. im not "butthurt" its something i want but not to the point that i'll cry over it

voicerocker said:
Also if Ash retained ALL of his "experiences" from 15 years of Pokemon, he'd already be an expert that would know exactly what to do in every situation. If that was the case, he might as well take all of his strongest Pokemon like Charizard and Sceptile with him to the next region from the start.
i shouldve mentioned this before but i think the age formula should be one year older per region

It's ok to want something aimed at an older audience, but when people start saying a change is needed is when you become selfish.
im glad u said that because i never said "needed"

blaze boy said:
Then you need to get over it.
excuse me, but if i personally feel that ash should age, its my opinon, and thats ok. get over me getting over it

blaze boy said:
He's 10 years old what's so hard to understand about that?
if he aged he wouldnt be 10, whats so hard to understand about that?

blaze boy said:
Remember the younger audiences don't care about Ash's past experiences.
the younger audiences watch because they see cool animals beat each other up with colorful attacks. they could care less about the plot and, furthermore, ash's past experiences

Poliwhirl'sMittens

Lorelei's Apprentice
When I first heard about BW, I heard rumors that Ash was going to be replaced. At first I was like UNACCEPTABLE THEY CAN NEVER REPLACE HIM! But now...Yeeaaahhh...I think they should replace him now.... What they should have done was make the main character his son or maybe even set it into the future to where he becomes a champion.

randomspot555

When I first heard about BW, I heard rumors that Ash was going to be replaced. At first I was like UNACCEPTABLE THEY CAN NEVER REPLACE HIM! But now...Yeeaaahhh...I think they should replace him now.... What they should have done was make the main character his son or maybe even set it into the future to where he becomes a champion.

What the hell?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Honestly, I've never had much a problem with time not passing. To me, it was never something that prevent me to like the series.

The only thing I think could be better handled is how the writers handle the "reset" they have to make in Ash and Pikachu. But overall, I don't mind with Ash staying as a 10 year old.

Stage On

Aura guardian
Time not really passing only works in shows like the Simpsons because it's a sitcom with little to no ongoing plot.

That doesn't work in Pokemon because they aren't truly resetting everything once a generation is over.

Ash has been to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Kanto again, Sinnoh and Unova all in less then a year? That's an insane amount of time compression