• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

People who think Pokemon is demonic

Swampasaur

The Swamp Creature!
Everyone once in a while you find people who think Pokemon is evil. They may think it's demonic or that it promotes slavery and animal cruelty.

So... What do you do when you meet these people?

Mr.FusRoDah

It's mostly the fake Christians who do this, not true Christians. I am a Christian, and although I do think that Arceus is just an overpowered pokemon that was promoted as a creator in Sinnoh's myths, I do not think that Pokemon promotes idolatry or demon worship. I blame the Westboro crowd who mistakes their pastor's hatred for God's will and Fred Phelp's distorted preaching as what the bible actually teaches. It is a game which has a lot of lessons and insight, and is an educational tool. It has helped me a little on math, and tbh it has kept me from going insane from lack of occupation during the day, for I am also a high functioning autistic who needs something to keep myself preoccupied during those times when I am out of work.

Kingsley

do my dance
people that think pokemon is demonic = people that need to calm the **** down

Mr.FusRoDah

people that think pokemon is demonic = people that need to calm the **** down

Yes, I had a friend in school whose mom thought it was demonic. Needless to say I wasn't allowed to go over to his house by my mom after my mom found out her radical views. If you think Pikachu is the antichrist, then Bill Cosby must be the father of lies himself.

Gillig

Its mostly overly religious people who don't know the difference between pretend and real. Pokemon is a game/story.

If anything it promotes good lessons. In the show the main characters help people in need and stop team rocket from stealing. In the games the character fights on the good side and helps npc's. I have played pokemon for years and it has not made me do anything bad.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
It's mostly the fake Christians who do this, not true Christians. I am a Christian, and although I do think that Arceus is just an overpowered pokemon that was promoted as a creator in Sinnoh's myths, I do not think that Pokemon promotes idolatry or demon worship. I blame the Westboro crowd who mistakes their pastor's hatred for God's will and Fred Phelp's distorted preaching as what the bible actually teaches. It is a game which has a lot of lessons and insight, and is an educational tool. It has helped me a little on math, and tbh it has kept me from going insane from lack of occupation during the day, for I am also a high functioning autistic who needs something to keep myself preoccupied during those times when I am out of work.

That's for sure, I know plenty of Christians, my age or so who likes/know/watch/played etc Pokemon and not many of them or their parents think like that. And a friend said Westboro was more of a cult, they don't really teach what they preach etc.

I personally think those who think Pokemon is demonic are crazy. It's a damn TV show, I am tired of everyone acting like a TV show or movie is bad or stupid because it teaches immoral stuff or things that wouldn't happen in real life, yet if I recall, TV was a way for us to escape the reality of life, why does everything need to be so close to real life? Sorry little rant but still.

voicerocker

Platinum Master
Anyone who thinks Pokemon is demonic...well, I'd hate for them to see games with creatures that are SUPPOSED to be demons! Yeah, most of those folks are supposed highly religious people who probably take things WAY to seriously. Yes, I believe the biggest complaints were from people who said they were Christians, but as a Christian, I've never heard anyone actually say that. Probably a very small group of people would agree that it's evil, seeing as how Pokemon is as popular as it is. Put simply: those people don't know what they are talking about.

Now, on to animal cruelty folks. If someone told me Pokemon promotes animal cruelty, I'd first say "Hello, N!" and then tell them they should either play or at least read the story of Black and White. N pretty much plays the role of the animal rights guy fighting for Pokemon freedom, yet completely misses at first that Pokemon WANT to battle and be with their trainers. So, Game Freak pretty much answered this concern with Gen V's story and N.

Personally, I've never met someone with such an extreme few of Pokemon, and hopefully, never will. It's just a game for the sake of entertainment.

That's for sure, I know plenty of Christians, my age or so who likes/know/watch/played etc Pokemon and not many of them or their parents think like that.

I'm a Christian and so is most everyone I know. I've never heard any of them say Pokemon is evil. (Some say it's a silly little kids game, but not evil.) I think people say that because it's so popular that it will draw attention.

And a friend said Westboro was more of a cult

It pretty much is. Whether it's about Pokemon or anything else, NEVER listen to anything someone from Westboro says.

Last edited:

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I hate it when they claim Pokemon demonic. It's just a game and they take it so seriously.

halloweenghost

When i first bought pokemon stadium when it came out ..i was over at a friend's playing it,.. his little brother had friends over and when they came in, my friend was like.. look pokemon!

One of the kids was like... my dad says pokemon is evil... all I said was.. no, they are not... needless to say the entire group sat and watched.. even the kid who was told pokemon are TeH DeBiLs...

Last edited:

Mr.FusRoDah

Anyone who thinks Pokemon is demonic...well, I'd hate for them to see games with creatures that are SUPPOSED to be demons! Yeah, most of those folks are supposed highly religious people who probably take things WAY to seriously. Yes, I believe the biggest complaints were from people who said they were Christians, but as a Christian, I've never heard anyone actually say that. Probably a very small group of people would agree that it's evil, seeing as how Pokemon is as popular as it is. Put simply: those people don't know what they are talking about.

Now, on to animal cruelty folks. If someone told me Pokemon promotes animal cruelty, I'd first say "Hello, N!" and then tell them they should either play or at least read the story of Black and White. N pretty much plays the role of the animal rights guy fighting for Pokemon freedom, yet completely misses at first that Pokemon WANT to battle and be with their trainers. So, Game Freak pretty much answered this concern with Gen V's story and N.

Personally, I've never met someone with such an extreme few of Pokemon, and hopefully, never will. It's just a game for the sake of entertainment.

Amen. Between you and I, I see pokemon as more of a UFC style thing, that the creatures are perfectly okay with participating in. Which is fine with me, seeing as I have a 7 nation army so to speak. Lol.

voicerocker

Platinum Master
Amen. Between you and I, I see pokemon as more of a UFC style thing, that the creatures are perfectly okay with participating in. Which is fine with me, seeing as I have a 7 nation army so to speak. Lol.

Yes. Pokemon is very much a combination of MMA and football: competitive fighting with a team of players lead by a coach. The Pokemon love battling each other. In the opening for Movie 3, after Ash and that girl trainer finish their battle, Ash's Pokemon and the girl's Pokemon are all eating together. THAT is what a real Pokemon battle is, not the bloodbath of violence people want to make it out to be. Just friendly competition.

Mr.FusRoDah

Yes. Pokemon is very much a combination of MMA and football: competitive fighting with a team of players lead by a coach. The Pokemon love battling each other. In the opening for Movie 3, after Ash and that girl trainer finish their battle, Ash's Pokemon and the girl's Pokemon are all eating together. THAT is what a real Pokemon battle is, not the bloodbath of violence people want to make it out to be. Just friendly competition.

True. The only exception is in situations like when you have to battle Giovanni or Cyrus, those men seemed to have a lot more in mind than friendly competition. In my honest opinion, that seems to be the sole exception.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I like to affirm their theory with this image:

vanillite.jpg

It's so demonic I can't even.

Mr.FusRoDah

I like to affirm their theory with this image:

View attachment 5263

It's so demonic I can't even.

It's eyes mirror what's on the inside...no soul! Much like the lettuce head kids off of Robot Chicken. Lol. Out of all seriousness, Vanillite was actually one of my favs in gen V, due to it's lighthearted shape. I would eat it, but if I'm not mistaken, it is the by-product of light, ice, and possibly harmful chemicals, kinda like an ice-grimer.

Swampasaur

The Swamp Creature!
Didn't think that this would get this popular this quickly...

I agree. Misguided Christians are the ones who are guilty here. I'm a devout Christian and I see nothing wrong with it.

EDIT: Ignore the link. I screwed up.

Attachments

• togepievil_if_we_could_have_pokemon_good_or_evil-s559x477-67020-580.jpg
    togepievil_if_we_could_have_pokemon_good_or_evil-s559x477-67020-580.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 37

AwesomeReshiram93

THE MANNIS ARISES
Luckily I haven't met people that think this. And I really don't see what is demonic about Pokemon. The people that say this need to shut up and stop ranting and calling anything that is popular the "Devil's work".

halloweenghost

Luckily I haven't met people that think this. And I really don't see what is demonic about Pokemon. The people that say this need to shut up and stop ranting and calling anything that is popular the "Devil's work".

thats one of the reasons why they say it is,.. as thouh shall not worship false Gods and such.. so anything popular they go after.

Mr.FusRoDah

If they want to see the devil's work, they can turn on the news and see the gleam in the eyes of reporters as they smile with glee over the death of someone's brother or sister, completely unphased due to their sociopathy. The pokemon games, not so much. Just something a japanese man invented because he had glee over catching bugs as a child and wanted others to feel the same joy, but he decided to amp it up with more than just insects.

(·-·)(o_O)

oh hai there
"Prove it."
That's what I say and if they do come up with a reason, I know they're just jealous of it XD

Megh

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'd say, 'There are games where the only goal is to KILL PEOPLE, and you complain about happy little creatures that like fighting for SPORT.'

Mmm hmm.