• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

People who think Pokemon is demonic

EmeraldLeafBlade

I used to take the "Pokémon is demonic!" people all seriously, but now I just find them silly. Especially since most of them have long moved on to the next innocent kid's series they can bash.

Unfortunately, I'm sure there are kids out there who's parents still believe this stuff and as a result are not allowed to play Pokémon. It's quite sad. The only time I've come a across a person in real life who thought Pokémon was demonic was in middle school. I had Pokémon drawings on my binder and he randomly came up to me during lunch and "informed" be that the word "Pokémon" stood for "Pocket Demons". Poor kid.

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
Anyone who thinks Pokemon's evil, demonic, promotes animal cruelty and stuff like that and is actually serious is an idiot and will be treated as such. They really tick me off. I know they're morons and I shouldn't get worked up about it, but come on. Some people really take it too far. It's just a game.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Pokemon hurt each other but i never seen one really die on the show. Am i wrong?

A couple have died in the movies, but it was usually a noble sacrifice against some sort of natural disaster
Latios sacrificed himself in the 5th movie to stop a tidal wave from destroying Altomare, Lucario gave up his life energy in the 8th movie to restore the Tree of Beginning
. Those are the only two examples I can think of where Pokemon outright die. There might be others though, but I'm fairly certain that none were the (direct) result of trainer cruelty.

Fortunately, I've never actually met these people. The only thing I think when I hear about it is, "It's a ****ing drawing." They're figments of the human imagination, which is based on what we see in reality. Pokemon are based of off animals, people, mythical creatures (which are also based off of animals or people), and objects. If I draw a scary-looking frog with a flower on its back, is it suddenly a demon? No. That's basically what Venusaur is.

Of course the people who believe this crap are extremely fearful, irrational, gullible people who constantly think about their god and associate anything they see with the Bible and think largely on biblical terms. They (these fundamentalists, not talking about all believers here) become very much like the fearful, irrational, gullible, primitive people who wrote it. It's a shame seeing people revert to that, especially in our civilized society where we have access to so much knowledge (which they've been taught to fear much of the time).

I always feel sorry for their children. Pokemon had a very positive impact on me when I was kid, and it taught about friendship, helping others, loving your Pokemon, following your dreams, believing in yourself, etc. It's not even violent despite the battling.

They're ridiculous, these people.

FE21

A couple have died in the movies, but it was usually a noble sacrifice against some sort of natural disaster
Latios sacrificed himself in the 5th movie to stop a tidal wave from destroying Altomare, Lucario gave up his life energy in the 8th movie to restore the Tree of Beginning
. Those are the only two examples I can think of where Pokemon outright die. There might be others though, but I'm fairly certain that none were the (direct) result of trainer cruelty.

Well, to be fair, in Giratina and the Sky Warrior (SPOILER ALERT), Giratina is almost completly destroyed by Zero. Just sayin'.

If anything, Pokemon has helped me to increase my vocabulary to the point in which people barely understand me, adding words like "Summery","Nature (refering to the pokemons nature)", and "Reverse".

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
If anything, Pokemon has helped me to increase my vocabulary to the point in which people barely understand me, adding words like "Summery","Nature (refering to the pokemons nature)", and "Reverse".

Really? I knew those words when I was 5.

thunderblade12

It's usually the same type of people who do the most heinous **** 6.5 days out of the week and believe going to a special building for a few hours on Sunday absolves them of all of it, that take a moral high ground over others for something as trivial and moronic as this.

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
Those people think that whatever doesn't promote "god" is evil

StarBP

I've seen, and even personally know, quite a few of these people actually... They are all very reserved and controlling though (even to the point of homeschooling their kids because they hate SOMETHING about every school system, both public and private) so you very rarely see them or their kids anywhere except on Facebook... and even then half the time their kids are on its actually them checking on the accounts... and many of these kids are in high school.

This was not a troll post by the way, even though it may look like it. Personally I think kids should be able to get whatever they want as long as they pay for it, and provide any transportation, themselves.

Ausgirl

I have an uncle who seriously believes this but he has a lot of other strange ideas. It was never really a problem though since my brothers and I rarely saw him. Which was probably a good thing cos we always had to leave our games in the car so as not to offend him.

halloweenghost

I have an uncle who seriously believes this but he has a lot of other strange ideas. It was never really a problem though since my brothers and I rarely saw him. Which was probably a good thing cos we always had to leave our games in the car so as not to offend him.

he's probabaly just crazy then from the sounds of it lol

Kingsley

do my dance
I wonder if people who think Pokemon is demonic are the same one that over analyze music videos, write long paragraphs on illuminati forums and make youtube videos to 'expose' the industry? lollll

Celestial Moth

Guardian of the Tree of Time
I wonder if people who think Pokemon is demonic are the same one that over analyze music videos, write long paragraphs on illuminati forums and make youtube videos to 'expose' the industry? lollll

hehe you never no, though when i saw the name of this topic i couldn't stop laughing personally lol.

How is any aspect of this game demonic haha.

PS, if this does become a religios war, POKEmon i got yo back

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So... What do you do when you meet these people?
Prepare for the interrogation with a baseball bat, mouse traps, and a rerun of Jerry Springer.

What wrong with just not saying anything? If they really got on my nerves, I may tell them to leave me alone, but there is not much to really convince them.

Old Soul

Banned
people that think pokemon are demonic are el loco. i remember when i was younger i went to my friends house and they were like mega bible thumpers. so i had my pokemon game with me and i was playing it, and i had a bunch of geodudes. me being the sadistic person i am i decide to have them all use self destruct because i think its funny. give me a break i was ten. so then like, his parents come out and start freaking at me saying that i need to take that witchcraft out of their house. 0____0

Innocentmercy

Hmmm, I will say... "Prove it, you butthead."

Seriously, some people complain about cute happy creatures that appeared to be demonic in some psycho's point of view. No offense.

Politoed Maniac

Poli-Swag!
I met one person who said pokemon was little devil in japanese (I was way younger) and said they were bad demons

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
lol i've never met anyone that thinks that even though pokemon was the biggest thing at my school for 2 years, but i would tell them how ****ing retarded they are.

Last edited: