• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

peoples thoughts on spiritomb?

Gryphie

I like it!

I got mine by trading a female Combee for a Spiritomb. It had Pokerus. Soon I'm going to try to train one competitively.

It looks cool. :)

Sponge

I like it, after all it looks like no other pokemon, completly unique and it was a clever idea to include the number 108 into Spiritomb's.....Background.

Spoinky

becstar xoxo!!
I don't mind it, I've never really trained any ghost Pokemon before except Drifloon. I don't mind it's design though it doesn't seem to fit like it's a different style of art compared to other pokemon.

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
I think that it is an excellent new Ghost-dark pokemon, much better appearance than sableye, good movepool and it just looks so evil.

Plus the way it is bound to the odd keystone and indeed it's whole background along with the way that you catch it and it's unique design, are extremely cool, albeit time-consuming.

Last edited:
Spiritomb is pretty good in competitive battling so I hear. Its not as good as Gengar, or Dusknoir, or Advance Dusclops, but still good.

Spiritomb's cool. But his cry sounds like: Bon, Sure. My spelling's not right so it is: hello, in french.

Dragon_Knight

dragon rider knight
I take back what I said. Spiritomb is the superior choice. The only advantage Sableye has is punishment along with flatter and swagger.

DoubleJG3288

ポケモンはすごい!!
When it comes to Spiritomb, I think it's just an uglier yet revamped version of Sableye.

It's a good pokemon, but come on... They should've got it right the first time around with Sableye.

aquasuicune

I think he's pretty good, but nothing completely spectacular. HP is too low, resembles dusclops/dusknoir a bit too much stat wise.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
If it is made of malevolent spirits it may be an evil Pokemon

Sphyxius

Okay, let me reprhase that: Who with the slightest bit of competitive battling says that?

*shrug* I just see a lot of people saying it, on this thread and others. And Spiritomb is better. Saying its on par with Sableye is like saying Swampert is on par with Quagsire. XD

Kecleon King

Enterprise Captain
spirtomb rawk they are logically the coolest ghost type with rotom second and sableye third the essence of a creature forged from spirits and locked to a stone in which it tries to escape is inspired lol nothing is better than kecleon though ok? ;352;

I don't think its a bad design but its pretty annoying to get it.