• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Perfect Sharpness! Kartana has Arrived! (1067)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1067.jpg

Master the Z-Move! Kiawe's Fierce Boot Camp!

All throughout Alola there have been reports of things getting cut randomly, and it turns out it's the Ultra Beast Kartana. The Ultra Guardians are dispatched in order to send it home. However, as the time for the Stufful Meteor SHower approaches, Deoxys and Rayquaza are out in space and are about to cause an effect on all of Alola. Are they able to stop it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Kartana's voice clips appeared to be played backwards, I wonder if it's actually talking once we get to examine the clips more closely.

...or actually, I think we have a King Crimson situation here where the clips have segments actually cut out. I definitely heard some legible dialogue, so it might not be reversed.

Last edited:

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I was expecting Kartana to slice TR's Mecha but didn't expected it would slice it and background of their motto before they finished it which I found both unexpected and very funny.

Last edited:

fidjnr

I was expecting Kartana to slice TR's Mecha but didn't it would slice it and background of their motto before they finished it which I found both unexpected and very funny.
one moment TRio have done their motto the next that used to be a TR mecha

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Oh look, bullshit UB filler number 12 -5/10 would never watch.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Despite the unnecessary Rayquaza and Deoxys appearance, this was one of the better UB episodes. Granted not the best, that title goes to Buzzwole/Phemorosa and Guzzlord.... but certainly better than most. *cough* Celesteela

I love how Team Rocket got to appear in the latter ones, I was worried for a long while that the worst one was going to be the only UB episode they featured in
Though there is one complaint..... poor Mallow never got to capture an UB, wouldn't be so bad if she actually got to catch something.....

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
1067.jpg

Master the Z-Move! Kiawe's Fierce Boot Camp!

All throughout Alola there have been reports of things getting cut randomly, and it turns out it's the Ultra Beast Kartana. The Ultra Guardians are dispatched in order to send it home. However, as the time for the Stufful Meteor Shower approaches, Deoxys and Rayquaza are out in space and are about to cause an effect on all of Alola. Are they able to stop it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
This is the wrong title. You may want to edit it.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
This episode basically just once again reminded me of while I don't even care much about the Pokemon anime these days.

A Ultra Guardian episode focusing on an UB.

The Ultra Guardians did overall jack squat.

The UB Katarna did everything (including destroying the large meteor, opening the Ultra Hole, etc).

SM episodes never fail to disappoint. Especially post Necrozma arc.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
For a UB Filler, I thought this one was done quite a lot better than say the Celesteela one. A lot of little chuckle moments for me, especially Kartana's whole samurai voice and his little scene he always does. Also with the rainbow, I thought that was nice. And even though it was completely expected, it was still nice when Kartana decided to go against the meteor, out of a want to cut it or if the kids were able to get it to care.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
What a boring episode, at least next week's looks great

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Anyone think they are hardcore hinting at Melmetal with how well Clefable is training the meltan? Like those pyramids were on spot with Clefable's orders, if Ash can make his Meltan a great battler, and Clefable can train the other meltans to follow orders/organize themselves well... think of how well that Melmetal will do!

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
"The Ultra Guardians and Kamitsurugi have saved the Pokémon School!"
Yeah, pretty sure a meteor that size would have killed everyone on the island, actually. Stop downplaying their accomplishments -_-

Also, Kamitsurugi sure has an interesting way of speaking... He speaks actual Japanese, chopped up and played in reverse. Most of his lines are "mata tsumaranu mono o kitte shimatta", which I hear is also the catchphrase of Goemon from Lupin III, and is typically translated as "Once again, I have cut a worthless object". Then before cutting the meteor he says "oi" and "makasero (Leave it to me)", and then "tegotae ari ("A worthy challenge", or something to that effect)" after cutting it, and his last line over the "To be continued" is "mata aou (Let us meet again)".

Last edited:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Kartana is surely powerful, and it has honor too as it takes pride of its cutting arts and it's willing to save the world by cutting the falling meteor into pieces. As cutting TRio mecha and the rich guy gold statue, it's just trolling from them. And it's a good thing that it was sane and kind as we know how dangerous its blades are and how messy/gory things would be if it actually cut Pokemons and humans in pieces.

The Rayquaza and Deoxys fight in space was a plot device to make the meteor fall into Earth, more specifically the Pokemon school. The Ultra Guardians didn't do anything and it's not a good thing. They got lucky that Kartana was a good UB, otherwise they really would be in trouble. And yeah, there isn't much going on from the main cast as the UB itself is so good that every spotlights went to it.

Decent episode. I did like people shocked reactions of Kartana actions.

Also if Ash's friend can't cut straw then this Pokemon League is gonna be bad
Nah, the straw was there as a foreshadowing to be cut by Kartana blades, and that they couldn't give the main cast more straws to destroy.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Last time he appeared, Viren said he was going to make a stadium. Here, we see said stadium. Again, I like SM's continuity, even for minor one-off lines that don't really matter in the end. It's the little things.

I liked the cutting gags, my highlights being when Kartana cut through the Team Rocket motto background, but my absolute favorite scene was Bewear grabbing Team Rocket, shoving them into the robot, putting it back together, and then blasting. That's the kind of insanity I expect from it.

*Ahem* But there's a one scene that really confused me. No one's mentioned it by now, so I'm probably the first to notice/care.

There's only supposed to be 20 Meltan in total, including Ash's (I counted; it was consistent between both Meltan episodes), but now they've doubled and there's 38 (not including Ash's). What's with that?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Last time he appeared, Viren said he was going to make a stadium. Here, we see said stadium. Again, I like SM's continuity, even for minor one-off lines that don't really matter in the end. It's the little things.

I liked the cutting gags, my highlights being when Kartana cut through the Team Rocket motto background, but my absolute favorite scene was Bewear grabbing Team Rocket, shoving them into the robot, putting it back together, and then blasting. That's the kind of insanity I expect from it.

*Ahem* But there's a one scene that really confused me. No one's mentioned it by now, so I'm probably the first to notice/care.

There's only supposed to be 20 Meltan in total, including Ash's (I counted; it was consistent between both Meltan episodes), but now they've doubled and there's 38 (not including Ash's). What's with that?
OH NO, THEY'RE REPRODUCING