• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Performing a Pathway to the Future! (916)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This has nothing to do with Japan VS America. Creators "make it a huge deal" both places, that's how royalties work in the first place.
Part of the reason the English dub replaces so much music is so THEY now own the music in the show that other non-Asian dubbers have to license through them, which means that when, say, Germany dubs and airs an episode, most of the royalty fees for the music in that episode go to the American dub music creators (TPCi) rather than the creators of the original music that got replaced.

Oh, I see.

Well, they're not missing much from the music of the American dub rather than the Japanese dub. Ha ha.

Nothingjustgo.

Aria's performance was lame, why did she win?

And I really liked Aria and Serena's interaction in that one episode way back in X and Y. It's a shame that they haven't addressed that or interacted since.

Epicocity

Because she panders to what the fanbase wants(?) and she actually has a ridiculously large following.

Even if there is absolutely no difference whatsoever in her performances.

Just look at Shauna. Girl puts on literally the same performance every time with nary even a subtle difference like Serena does and she still nabbed three Princess Keys and got to the semis.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Aria's performance was lame, why did she win?

And I really liked Aria and Serena's interaction in that one episode way back in X and Y. It's a shame that they haven't addressed that or interacted since.

Real answer: because plot device.
The excuse that was given: because Aria had a larger fanbase.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I don't know why I had my hopes up for Serena to win, but Aria's performance was lacking in my taste. At least the ending was reassuring; Serena was no longer satisfied with her performances and wants to put other people before herself. That scene with Palermo was one of Serena's best moments in the series thus far.

Even seeing Shauna tear up after the semi finals was rough; her VA did a decent job over the course of the show.

Jessie taking the loss was a surprise; glad it wasn't the usually rage moment like before. Much respect to Jessie!

I'm going to assume with Palermo offering Serena the opportunity to be her mentor, Serena is gonna leave after the XY anime to learn with her. Guess we'll see.

And of course, Serena's high pitch screaming, calling out Miette, was amazing. Haven Paschall, you do a fine job~

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Decent episode IMO. Grace was super happy about Serena's win. I loved that she was actually telling everyone that that was her daughter. I'm surprised Jessie didn't throw a temper tantrum upon losing like she normally does. :x

Alloutℯ

Banned
Unfortuantely Serena lost despite the fact that her performance was better than Aria's in every conceivable way possible. I knew Serena wasn't going to win anyway, but they could have at least made Aria's performance actually be better than Serena's.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I don't get the "Master Class". If they all won 3 Rookie Class Keys to graduate to the Master Class, what happens to them in the Master Class now that this showcase is over? The whole Master Class is just one showcase? Do the 27 girls now get demoted back to the Rookie Class and have to get 3 more keys for the next year? Why shouldn't they be able to stay in the Master Class??

* All those scenes of Serena talking to Yashio could have easily happened at a previous Showcase; instead, it's ham-fisted into this one even though it's been established that she had the commitment/dedication to become Queen for a long time now

Yes, it was rather odd that the Palermo storyline, that we all thought would play a big role during Serena's showcase quest, ends up not resulting in anything until after

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I don't get the "Master Class". If they all won 3 Rookie Class Keys to graduate to the Master Class, what happens to them in the Master Class now that this showcase is over? The whole Master Class is just one showcase? Do the 27 girls now get demoted back to the Rookie Class and have to get 3 more keys for the next year? Why shouldn't they be able to stay in the Master Class??

Yes, it was rather odd that the Palermo storyline, that we all thought would play a big role during Serena's showcase quest, ends up not resulting in anything until after

Because there may be 28 other girls who are better than the 28 for this event.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Because there may be 28 other girls who are better than the 28 for this event.

So what class do this year's competitors go to? Back to the Rookie Class?? That doesn't make any sense because they're not rookies anymore....

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
So what class do this year's competitors go to? Back to the Rookie Class?? That doesn't make any sense because they're not rookies anymore....

Yes...just because you were good enough this year doesn't mean you're good enough for next year.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Yes...just because you were good enough this year doesn't mean you're good enough for next year.

So basically these aren't "classes" at all. They're basically a misnomer. Because "Rookie Class" based on its name should only be for rookies. And Chris, I understand what you mean about the badges and ribbons being one time passes, and I'm sure the Keys are the same way, but it's just confusing in this case since it's called "Rookie Class" which implies first time ever competing (first year)

As for the openings, blame that on Cartoon Network's silly 30 sec opening rule.

Actually, we now have proof it's TPCi and not Cartoon Network because the same thing is happening on Disney XD

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Though Serena and Aria's performances were quite short (felt that Aria's performance was shorter than Serena's), that Sylveon helped Serena with her balance and that Vivillon flew Aria around the entire stage, I couldn't really decide who was going to win although I felt like that Serena was going to lose just like Ash's League losses. At least Palermo offered to mentor Serena and was kinda glad that Serena was going to Hoenn so that at least she could in some way hone her batting skills due to the nature of the Contests.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Between the performances, deciding the winner and the aftermath, I thought it was a well balanced episode. Perhaps one of the better ones which are Serena centered?

Excluding Serena's loss, this did seem like an important episode for her, and I can't recall any other instance where she seemed to be at her best in terms of how she was commanding her Pokemon.

Zyar

Unknown Member
Jessie, dear, you've sure come a long way since Hoenn. You were the hightlight of this episode for me.

Predictable how Serena wouldn't win and, well, also predictable how she wouldn't stay for next gen. I haven't expected any Pokégirl to stay since Dawn :'(
What bothers me is that the writers always make every Pokégirl (with a goal, that is) reach the finals of their respective competitions since May in Kanto. There are not unexpected twists. At least with Ash we get some variety, even if the end result is also expected.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jessie, dear, you've sure come a long way since Hoenn. You were the hightlight of this episode for me.

I was extremely proud of her here, much like I was when she managed to enter the Shinou Grand Festival. Her loss wasn't that bad to me since it was expected, and yet it was still a pleasure to watch Musashi's progress.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Predictable how Serena wouldn't win

Well for me it felt that Serena did have a chance to win because Aria's performance was cut short, resulting in more focus on Serena's performance but when Aria flew around the stage with Vivillon I felt a strong sense that Aria was going to win. But then there was the foreshadowing by Palermo although then I still felt a character that Serena would win.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Predictable how Serena wouldn't win and, well, also predictable how she wouldn't stay for next gen. I haven't expected any Pokégirl to stay since Dawn :'(
What bothers me is that the writers always make every Pokégirl (with a goal, that is) reach the finals of their respective competitions since May in Kanto. There are not unexpected twists. At least with Ash we get some variety, even if the end result is also expected.
Yeah, that's why I can't stand the "status qu0" of the show, which not only Ash had to lose every Pokemon league for the sake of keeping him and Pikachu, but the main Pokegirls had to lose to their goals as well and then written off of the show once Ash is done for each region. I do agree that Aria had a larger fanbase for her advantage but her whole performance felt so lackluster. :(