• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Performing with Fiery Charm! (883)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Braixen and Pancham! Charm Everyone With Your Firey Performance!!

It's finally time for Serena's second showcase. After the issues with her first one, Serena is determined not to fail. Meeting up with Miette for the first time in a long while, Serena is completely fired up to do her best. This time, the performance's theme is about making PokéPuffs, which is one of Serena's specialties, which allows for her to rapidly pass to the next round. However, things start to go awry backstage. Will Serena overcome these issues and win her first showcase?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Last edited by a moderator:

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
A few quick things I saw from the episode so far:

- Serena watches the sunrise with her Braixen and Pancham, and resolves to do her best in the Tripokalon held later today.
- Professor Sycamore and his assistants are watching the Tripokalon at the lab
- Grace is watching the Tripokalon outside her house on her laptop
- Trevor, Shauna, and Tierno are watching the Tripokalon at a Pokemon center
- Aria is watching the Tripokalon with her Aromatisse and Delphox
- Ash and the gang meets up with Miette; Serena is surprised to see Miette there and learns that she is also a Performer.
- Miette asks if Serena has 'fessed up yet, of which she blushed deep red. She then whispers in Serena's ear about her "secret", which makes Serena blush deeper.
- Serena quickly turns around to see if Ash heard what Miette said (teasing Serena's crush on Ash), but Ash didn't hear it and acted normally. Oh Ash, that's the Oblivious Ability that we all know that you have.
- Tripokalon starts. Jessie and Miette make it to the Free Performance portion w/o any problems.
- Serena makes Poke Puffs during the preliminary round and gets into the Free Performance round without any problem.
- When Serena is walking to the stage, she runs into Jessie. Jessie attempts to sabotage Serena's performance by bumping her to the ground. Unfortunately, this tears Serena's Florges Furisode outfit. Serena then furiously repairs the dress and manages to make it to the platform in time.
- Serena performs her routine during the Free Performances, and pulls it off without any problems.
- At the end, all of the finalists come together and the audience votes on which routine they like best. Serena is very nervous during this time (there were many flashbacks of her ups and downs in the past). But then she suddenly gets a boatload of votes from the audience. As a result, she wins the Princess Key by a significant margin.
- Professor Sycamore sees Serena win on TV and celebrates, but faceplants on the ground instead
- Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor are all happy to see Serena win her first Princess Key
- Grace fist pumps in reaction to seeing her daughter win her first Princess Key
- Aria is happy to see Serena win her first Princess Key
- The gang gather outside celebrating Serena's win in the Dedemille Town Tripokalon
- Ash complements on Serena's dress; she blushes
- Miette suddenly pops up out of nowhere and surprises Serena; she blushes as she thought that Miette would out her "secret".
- Serena and Miette exchange handshakes, symbolizing their now-permanent rivalry in the Tripokalon scene
- Before Miette leaves, she continues to tease Serena to no end. Serena blushes very hard.

Awesome episode all around; throughly enjoyed it. 10/10

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
Mieffete is back and she is teasting Serena! Also Bonnie want that chick from the episode 26, also it seems that Bonnie might know about serena crush

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Lol! Was that Litleo's debut!? HAHA!

Edit: This episode included a few of the flashbacks I imagined it would have. Didn't think they'd actually showcase Sycamore, the "rivals", Elle and Grace here as actual watchers (by television).

Last edited:

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Serena & Jessie's performances were incredible! I loved the episode overall, I'm happy she won!

Loved to see the flashbacks and Sycamore/Aria/Shauna/Grace's reactions.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Loved the episode. Miette teasing Serena was hilarious and had a great performance as well. Serena's performance was great as well and I'm glad she finally won a key. 10/10

Last edited:

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
****ing great episode, they literally wasted they no time in doing what they wanted to do. There was amour, there was backroom drama showing the cutthroat world of tripokalon, cameos were they actually show a character's quirks (Sycamore), recurring background characters (Blanche where?) emotions from the competitors other Millefeui and Jessie, Jessie actually doing an impressive performance, FLASHBACKS, DORIDORI, and Serena finally overcoming the odds and winning her first Tripokalon. I was really excited throughout the episode and it shows, this was a very well done episode.

JD

I'm looking forward to the future showcases now this episode was pretty nice, hopefully Jessie wins the next one I thought her performance was really great. Also it's funny how both Litleo and Honedge debuted here two Pokemon I think Ash has a chance of getting.

PortugueseLynx

I'm really the only one who rather see her losing, right?
Please don't take me wrong, it's not like that. But the thing is, I find things much more striving when the characters keeps losing but grow on motivation and effort. Serena just cut her hair, evolved her fennekin and seriously I didn't see any real improvement from her previous peers. I sorta wished she would lose so could make a deeper soul search and see what exactly she got wrong. You know, like, real life? Things are very difficult to be archived and usually you don't get it at the first or second try, but only if you insist and keep improving.
I just don't find any amusing to see a realistic first loss and then wins for now on like there's no real competition and everyone gets everything too easily. Say it wouldn't be interesting if she doesn't manage to get all the keys on time? It would be nice to see something different for once. Plus I don't understand why the writers hate to make Jessie besides a recurring punchbag with no character development since like ever.

Hope my comment doesn't do any outbursts. I saw the potential of this season compared with the BW one but personally I just think it could be better. More dramatic. More challenging. More life-pressuring.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Please don't take me wrong, it's not like that. But the thing is, I find things much more striving when the characters keeps losing but grow on motivation and effort. Serena just cut her hair, evolved her fennekin and seriously I didn't see any real improvement from her previous peers. I sorta wished she would lose so could make a deeper soul search and see what exactly she got wrong. You know, like, real life? Things are very difficult to be archived and usually you don't get it at the first or second try, but only if you insist and keep improving.

And why she should lose another time right after the first loss? That would break the whole development of her after XY60 and the hair cut wouldn't make that much sense. Also we are 80 episodes in this series and stretching her first win more would be just so plain unnecessary.

@Topic: Pretty nice episode. The teasing of miette was funny, the performances were well done and Serena finally winning one key.

9/10

Xuxuba

I just don't find any amusing to see a realistic first loss and then wins for now on like there's no real competition and everyone gets everything too easily. Say it wouldn't be interesting if she doesn't manage to get all the keys on time? It would be nice to see something different for once. Plus I don't understand why the writers hate to make Jessie besides a recurring punchbag with no character development since like ever.

Hope my comment doesn't do any outbursts. I saw the potential of this season compared with the BW one but personally I just think it could be better. More dramatic. More challenging. More life-pressuring.

She baked pokepuffs a lot, she groomed her pokemons almost every single day, she has been rehearsing that Free performance even before her first Showcase. What do you mean there was no improvements? She is also a lot more confident now, that change in her looks was just a way to show that she is not as defeatist as before.
Besides, Serena's career is performing, she would have to win eventually, those competitions are just sectionals, they are not supposed to be extremely hard. Irl, it is not that hard to win a few local competitions if that is your career and you already had some experience, people always say that the first one is always the hardest, i actually won a tournament the second time i tried and i wasn't even that good.

Last edited:

The top co-ordinator

The Kalos Queen
Loved the episode, I liked Serena's performance a lot and I must admit, her Pokepuff looked pretty fabulous, if I do say so myself! Also, despite the fact that Jessie did of course, lose, I liked that she at least did decently, I enjoyed that sculpture that she made.

Yuraenia

Call me Qooky :)

I think you're forgetting that this is a kid's show. You can't really hold it up to realistic, adult expectations or else you'll be disappointed every time. You'll almost always have the positivity after a crushing defeat. I'm glad she won cuz it would look totally pathetic on her part if she didn't win this time (in fact i think it would even make it look like she had absolutely NO character development with another loss behind her back) Plus, you need to remember that it took Serena 50+ episodes to participate in her first ever competition. That's a long time. Compare that to Dawn who did lose twice apparently, but it took place within the first 30 episodes of the DP arc (though according to Bulbapedia, she won her second official Pokemon contest). If what Dawn experienced happened to Serena, I would be a little disappointed cuz imagine this. Why would we want to wait another 20 episodes just to see Serena lose again? Anyway that's my two cents! :)

As for the episode, while I did felt it a little rushed, the little things within the episode helped make it good. I'm happy with the Amourshipping teasing hehe and...did Satoshi compliment Serena a second time, this time without any prompting? :D

Soniman

Break the Limit
Okay well, that was a good episode, but I have some minor gripes.

Lets start with the Tripokalons, they spent WAY to much time on the baking portion and not the actual fun stuff like the Performance rounds, im sorry but seeing them bake was pretty boring. The problem with it is that unlike Contests and appeal rounds, I have NO idea if the contestants are doing any good or not until im told by the judges (it’s not like I know, I don’t how they taste), it’s just kinda eh to sit through especially when they spend SO MUCH time on it. But when we get to the free performance stuff it’s actually rather fun, I did quite enjoy Serena’s act. I also wished we got to see more of Miette in general really, her performance was snubbed a bit due to the baking portion (and the fact that the writers had to make us see JESSIE’s more instead) and she looked totally fabulous on stage when we got to see her.

I think that’s it for my issues though, I liked how the “backstage drama” that was hyped up wasnt anything Ash related but a fashion malfunction because Jessie is a huge *****, and I liked how Serena had no one to help her through the problem and she had to figure out on her own.

The Amour was there of course but it’s kept minimal, Miette teasing her about it is more hilarious then anything because it’s a simple gag and not a thing that takes up the episode, I could do with Miette being a little more antagonistic towards Serena as at the end of the day they seem to be on good terms, but I think she’ll be the closest we get. Basically I got excited whenever she was on screen lol, I hope we see her again soon.

And finally there’s Serena winning the whole shebang, totally expected but nonetheless good for her since I felt like she earned in. I actually found it a really sweet scene and the fact that she was in tears at her first ribbon was really heartwarming. Also can we PLEASE take a moment to appreciate how amazing Braixen and Pancham are?? I can’t get over how much they love and care about Serena, like, they hold her hand when she’s nervious during the baking round, they defend her and growl at Jessie when she pushes her, and of course they embrace her lovingly when they win, they’re just SO precious together I almost dont want her to catch an Eeeve as it might disrupt the amazing synergy haha.
Good episode, good first win for Serena, keep on trucking girl.

phanpycross

God-king
Overall good episode, pretty much better than the last 10 episodes combined in all honesty.

Only issue is that Serena seemed too touchy (I think she looked like she was about to cry like four times during the episode), and Miette still being rather dull outside of shipping bait, which is just boring IMO.

7/10.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
First, I was surprised nobody found that her dress during the TriPokalon was shorter during the performance than in XY73. I actually never expect the problem was the "dress".

Also I never expected all of those characters from the VA List to watch the Tripokalon on TV. I never expected that, and I always expected flashbacks from earlier episodes.

In general, I like this episode but there's a few list that I don't like much:
-First, I think the Pokepuff took too much time of the competition.

-Second, I think Serena deserved to win... but not with that obvious advantage, as seen in this picture.

[img139]http://filb.de/content/anime/xy/079/513.jpg[/img139]
Seriously, Serena shouldn't have won with that advantage. I don't like because it makes "easy" to become Kalos Queen. I hope Serena's other win won't be like this Tripokalon.

dp045

Technically Serena won because short skirt a little, if he had "perverted" in the audience, xD. Well I mean I think that despite not having seen the episode yet but seeing the image capture and the comments I guess it was the victory of Serena well and even though he had a setback that more could have cost him his victory he recovered immediately and what should be its official slogan since it has held more than Ash.

Navin

MALDREAD
Technically Serena won because short skirt a little, if he had "perverted" in the audience, xD. Well I mean I think that despite not having seen the episode yet but seeing the image capture and the comments I guess it was the victory of Serena well and even though he had a setback that more could have cost him his victory he recovered immediately and what should be its official slogan since it has held more than Ash.

Google Translate at its finest.