• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Performing with Fiery Charm! (883)

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Don't really feel anything for Serena's character at all so the episode where she broke down didn't tug at my heart strings at all. Heartless, yeah i know but just being real. Plus The Ash/Serena thing i'm not invested in anymore. So far much of the XY anime gen has been pretty disappointing.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Great episode; I loved Serena's performance and that she won by a large amount of votes. Miette was pretty hilarious with her teasing as well. Serena's freestyle performance looked awesome.
10/10

erebus

Gotta say, I don't like these new performance things; contests are way WAY better, and, like a lot of people have already mentioned - the baking and dress-up stuff is boring as hell (also, sexist. Is there a Kalos King showcase, or do all the boys just challenge the gyms instead????).

However, I've gotta admit; one good thing about Serena's new hobby is her new rival. I really do like Miette, she is sassy and adds some much needed teasing where Serena is concerned (her character is far too wimpy and quick to cry for my liking, so the more teasing she gets, the better!). I look forward to them having more interactions in future episodes - outside of episodes containing performance competitions, as well as when they're actively competing against each other, similar to Dawn's rivalry with Zoey. I just hope Shauna doesn't steal all the Serena-rival glory and push this (imo much more) interesting character to the sidelines.

P.s. Just wondering - does anyone else see the major problem with having the audience choose the winner? If one of the contestants gets popular outside of the competitions (say, for example, they get famous doing those pokemon videos), there would be an undeniable bias in the audience to favor her, no matter how good the other performers are. In other words it becomes a contest based on popularity instead of actual skill.

P.p.s. when is that weird, mysterious woman Palermo going to come back? I can see there is an opportunity for some interesting story lines surrounding her and Serena.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I do prefer Contests overall, but I'm glad we have Showcases. It's better than nothing.

Glad to see Serena's win first hand, although the time for it was long over due.

Miette was great, still love her "competition" to win Ash. I'm glad to see some personality among the rivals. She's definitely not aggressive as Ursula or Georgia, but I can enjoy Miette's presence when she's involved with the main cast.

Jessie actually performed well. Still underrated, and I hope she makes it to the A-Class to become Kalos Queen. Much bigger stakes when it's Serena, Shauna, Miette, Jessie and Nini competing against each other.

DatsRight

Not a bad showcase episode, but I feel like they should have had some spacing between Serena's first showcase and her first win. Her losing to Miette but getting a good runner up would have felt more like natural progression, not to mention made Miette seem like a more effective rival. Having Serena win instantly when a trip up wasn't involved makes it seem like it was the only thing preventing her winning the first time round, like she never even needed to develop or train (or scalp herself :p). It's ironic that Jessie's progression feels more natural, even if she obviously didn't see it that way (poor James).

I just noticed, Meowth out cooked a Sneasel, with a Pokepuff that looked ridiculous but tasted delicious. Did the XY writers remember 'Hail to the Chef'?

Last edited:

Alloutℯ

Banned
Serena's performance was boring until Braixen jumping on Pancham's Stone Edge and using her stick, which visually looked amazing. I'm also glad that the writers didn't ignore Jessie's Sinnoh Contest era, but it seems like they will continue screwing her up for the sake of Serena winning.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
It was so nice to hear Pokémon Connoisseurs being mentioned in this episode as one of the judges was one. Too bad it wasn't Cilan. It would have been nice to have Cilan return for a 2 or 3-episode arc in Dendemille Town, with him telling Ash he'd been invited to judge because he's a chef and a connoisseur, and then this episode could have been the last episode of Cilan's return.

Serena, Braixen, and The Cham just went and showed the world you don't need ice appeals to win a girl sidequest. I'll enjoy it until she gets a ice Pokemon.

LOL, I'm glad for your sake that Serena's Eevee didn't evolve into a Glaceon.

The fact is, of Ash's five regional female companions, two had traditional battle-related goals (Misty and Iris), and three have/had Contest or Performance goals (May, Dawn, and Serena). A 3:2 ratio is hardly as lopsided as you claim.

What about Bonnie?

You'd think with 2 region's worth of contest experience jessie would at least be somewhat competent at this.

apparently not.

Actually 3

There might be judges in Master Class sure

Well too bad even the Master Class didn't have judges, and in fact, this was the only episode that had judges for any part of the competition, and judges didn't even return for the Couriway Showcase which also had a theme performance of PokéPuffs.

Although, I do have to say that somehow in the Master Class Showcase when I saw the audience at home voting, it made me feel that was fairer. Maybe it's because it reminded me of reality shows in real life in which the judges step back in the final rounds and allow the whole country to vote.

800+ episodes so I might be forgetting, but this has to be the first time that I've seen 'Who's That Pokemon?' include two Pokemon like that.

I think they did it because Plusle and Minun's silhouettes are indistinguishable, so it wouldn't have been possible to get the correct answer without guessing, if it had only been one. Another odd thing to note about this Who's That Pokémon?, which I also don't remember previously, is that Plusle and Minun didn't say their names after being revealed.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Leonhart

Imagineer
I loved seeing Platane-hakase, Serena's mother, and Sana and her friends watching this TryPokaron since Serena had her first chance to impress everyone when she won. Millefeui was slightly irritating, however. She seems to be Urara-lite.

Serena got herself a rival and managed to win a Showcase. This was a much needed episode for her and I'm glad things worked out. I wasn't sure whether or not she was actually going to win, although I had a good feeling she was overdue. 70+ episodes into the series is a bit long for her to start making major progress.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Looking back, Serena got extremely lucky that this TryPokaron's performance theme involved making PokePuffs since she had prior experience with that. Had it been something else, she might've lost early in the competition.