• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Perhaps another Ash & Pals trade?

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
Well we all know Dawn has/will get a Swinub.
If I've learned anything, it's that characters only get Pokemon of old generations to evolve them into something from the new generation. A few people said that Mamoswine doesn't fit Dawn, I agree with this and thought Brock should have gotten Swinub. Ash traded Pokemon with Dawn, this trade (Unlike Ash's last trade) will be permanent, if it happened once, it can happen again.
Brock has a Happiny, why? I can't for the life of me figure out.
I'm not sure how good Happiny or her evolved forms would do in contests but she is a girly Pokemon.
I'm thinking Dawn and Brock's Happiny might get some one on one time and start to bond, while Brock takes care of her Swinub, grooming and feeding it until he starts to really love it.

So, what do you all think about the idea of Brock and Dawn trading Pokemon?

Last edited:

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
i guess it could happen...although Swinubs/Mamoswine's ice moves would make great contest moves, so perhaps she would look past that and keep it. I think Brock only got Happiny to go with the whole 'Pokemon Breeder' thang he's got going on, but i always thought it was a bit of an odd match up...but then he did have Bonsly for a fair while, so...I think, if anything happens with Happiny, it would evolve all the way to a Blissey, to help out Brock with his breeding ambitions. Plus it would give Blissey some air time as well.

BUT saying that haha, Dawn does have a very 'cute' team, and Happiny/Chansey/Blissey would fit in very well with that, so who knows? Swinub fits at the moment, but if it were to evolve, it would kinda mess up that dynamic...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Why must Dawn have all cute Pokemon, why can't she have a Piloswine?

One of the things the writers should stop doing is giving the girls all stereotypical cute or girly Pokemon.

A few people said that Mamoswine doesn't fit Dawn

Because it's not cute? Because it's a beast? A huge Pokémon, perhaps? I was a Swinub for Brock fan, but now, since Dawn got Swinub, I'm just dealing with it and not complaining about it. DDD:

Brock has a Happiny, why? I can't for the life of me figure out.

Because Brock is a breeder ._.! And I doubt he's focusing on Rock+Ground-type anymore, since he has captured a lot of different type (we had Mudkip, Lotad <3, Croagunk, Happiny...) since he left the Pewter City Gym. <~

I'm not sure how good Happiny or her evolved forms would do in contests but she is a girly Pokemon.

0.o... Sorry for not understanding correctly, but... you're saying girly Pokémon are better than boy-ish-sh Pokémon, in Pokémon Conests?

I'm thinking Dawn and Brock's Happiny might get some one on one time and start to bond, while Brock takes care of her Swinub, grooming and feeding it until he starts to really love it.

Really pointless, in my opinion s:". I don't see why Swinub should grow up with Brock D8. Dawn's taking care of it perfectly (well, from what I've seen since its capture).

So, what do you all think about the idea of Brock and Dawn trading Pokemon?

For me it's a no. ":l Even though I really like Happiny, I think she should stay with her papa, which is Brock. : D

So yeah... :C Mamoswine is different, Kenpachi ^^. Having a different Pokémon for once is... unique >D. All of Dawn's Pokémon are cute, in my opinion :3. And I think that Mamoswine would, like, make things better, because it's not really... cute x33;. lol.

houndoom15

Pokémon Writer To Be
I hope it doesn't happen, and I on't think it will. Dawn needs a real powerhouse on her team, and Mamoswine could be just that.

hmmm

Scuffle of Legends
im looking forward to dawn having a big tank like mamoswine, i love it. I think it could suit her. Brock having it, another powerhouse, would be lame.
croagunk > strong
sudowoodo > strong
happiny > surprisingly strong

do we really need another? nope!

thunderblade12

Brock has Happiny because he is a breeder. It fits him more than anyone.

1. Its a healing pokemon..Brock, as a breeder, is a healer
2. Its a baby pokemon, which Brock can raise into a mature adult pokemon.(Because hes a breeder..raising,healing and feeding is basically all he does)

Just because DP had one trade doesn't mean it is inclined to have more. They might not have anymore trades until the 5th gen, 6th gen, 7th etc.

Besides, Dawn already has 2 normal types. Does she really need another?

Last edited:

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
i honestly never see that happening

Dax

Legend
Yeah sure! Let's give Dawn all cute pokemons. Let's make her a generic and boring coordinator that has nothing to offer other than rainbows on her team.

Seriously, Dawn doesn't need 3 normal types, she doesn't need all cute pokemons and Mamoswine with her is very interesting. If by any mean a trade does occur for me it will be the biggest mistake ever. :)

Porygandrew

One of the things the writers should stop doing is giving the girls all stereotypical cute or girly Pokemon.
One of the things the writers should stop doing is rehashing old plotlines, or having the new character always be the new female (goes hand-in-hand with rotating out said lead).

What I'm getting at is there are a lot of things people can say the writers "should" do or not do. But imo, as long as they keep surprising the viewers, anything's off-limits. Heck, I'd like to see the two trade, only to show a togepi-like bond happiny could have with Brock and have happiny not want Dawn as a trainer.

but with that said, while it's interesting to contemplate, the trade, I doubt it'll happen.

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
she prolly wont trade with brock
look at may she has a venasaur which isnt girly
like her possibly future mamoswine

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
she prolly wont trade with brock
look at may she has a venasaur which isnt girly
like her possibly future mamoswine

Anonymous Trainer

<-----Facewall
Misty has a Gyardos, a scary Pokemon
May has a Blaziken, a tough Pokemon, and a Venusuar

Misty obtained Gyarados after she left.
May's Combusken evolved right at the end of her term.
Bulbasaur evolves all the way to Venusaur after she leaves.

So far, they give tough, brutal Pokemon to the girls when they leave the group.

hmmm

Scuffle of Legends
Misty obtained Gyarados after she left.
May's Combusken evolved right at the end of her term.
Bulbasaur evolves all the way to Venusaur after she leaves.

So far, they give tough, brutal Pokemon to the girls when they leave the group.

but then we wont see mamsowine, or maybe even piloswine, until near the end up DP :(:(
i hope she gets it soon

piplup_777

Paparazzi ♪♫
dont see it happening really at first i thought that she would give swinub to her freind that has 3 of them
but i doubt it
dawn is the best character(to me)
and she deserves strong pokemon
like maybe empoleon lopunny and mamoswine(doubt piplup will evolve though)

dman_dustin

I'm really getting getting sick of this. This obsession for Dawn and Mamoswine never happening is ridiculous. They are never going to trade period. Happiny would never go with it. And WHY DOES DAWN NEED 3 NORMAL TYPES? It is ridiculous, Happiny's moveset isn't very useful in the least. And looking at the other Pokemon, they could've given Dawn, Mamoswine was the only one that made sense. Gallade? No! Magnezone? No! Porygon-Z? Yeah like that would happen (plus its normal type). Dusknoir? Again I doubt that would happen. Togekiss? Not going to happen. Magmortar? Nope or Electivire? Nope. Rhyperior? Ha more people would be complaining if that happened.

They most definately want Dawn to have a third stage Pokemon, and honestly this cute Pokemon stereotype for Dawn is the lamest excuse I've ever heard. It is honestly stupid.

Swinub never fit Brock, in my opinion. Swinub would've been useless to Brock. Happiny is there to be cute and strong and show us what a good breeder Brock is. Sudowoodo is there to show that it evolved from a fourth gen Pokemon. Croagunk is there as Brock's main battler and to get him away from the girls he flirts with. Swinub would've just rotted in Brock's Pokeball and only occasionally came out to battle. And for what? To show off Mamoswine? If they were going to do that with Brock there are better choices than Mamoswine. Magnezone for example is probably a better choice. Or heck Rhyperior is clearly the better choice because at least its rock type. And I honestly find it ridiculous that you would rather Brock have Mamoswine then Rhyperior. And why do I come to this conclusion? Because if you are so set on Brock having Mamoswine, there is no way Brock will get Rhyperior. I actually can't believe anyone would suggest that. I mean I'm surprised no one is holding out that Brock will get a much better choice then crappy Mamoswine simply because its not cute and they don't want Dawn to have it.

Seriously enough is enough, Dawn is getting Mamoswine....PERIOD!

Araleon

Chill
No. Just no. Brock and Happiny are qawesome. Happiny likes being on Brock's team. She isn't Aipom. She is a baby, and babies don't adjust well to changes. I saw this thread coming. I love Dawn with MAmoswine, and if she wasn't gonna get it, I would've wanted it to go to James.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Hapinny fits Brock as he is a breeder. When/If Hapiiny evolves, it would be a perfect Poke'mon for a gym leader. As for Dawn, I agree that a Mamoswine doesn't suit her, but who knows, maybe it might work out.

thunderblade12

Who expected them to be able to make Gliscor look "cute" in the anime? If they can do it with the big evil vaampire bat-scorpion then they can do it with the mammoth pig