• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Permenently Disabled Adults.

Honor

Prinny God
Every child looks at their parents as just that parents but they are people to.
People who have plans to retire and live there life traveling , not babysitting till there 80.

Ya it sounds pretty mean but lets say the parents are 80 there 20 year old son disabled himself by [Insert stupid thing here] why should they suffer ? It's not fair to ruin 3 lifes just for 1 who messed up.
The disabled person will be ok if he lives in america, Getting 2000 dollars a month or more while sitting back and doing nothing, or get a job, or join a program , there are so many options.

Disablization do to parents genes. Truly another subject, i still will not blame the parents for this like they planned it. But for this they should take a little more attention since the child did not do anything to deserve this.

If this post anger you just stop for a sec and think, imagine you had a awesome dog that you played with everyday. Now imagine that dog jumped of a roof {?] now everyday you have to wake up every three hours and feed him or give him water by hand. Yes a good soul will waste the rest of there lives doing this , but most will just put the dog down because they don't want to and don't deserve to have to take care of it.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
But it's (seemingly) more common for a disabled person to not be interested in friends than a non-disabled person.

Are you serious? Not even the "seemingly" in there excuses how awful this post is. And many of your previous posts in this thread -- here's a hint, referring to a human as an "it" is dehumanizing. This goes for non-cisgendered people, disabled people, and everything in-between.

Genetic disabilities are never, ever the parents' fault. Even if they're aware of a history of it in their families, and run that risk anyway, it's not their fault for conceiving a child because they wanted one. It's a risk they took, but they didn't magically bestow the abnormality onto their child on purpose.

I think there's a line to draw somewhere between someone who has a disability who is using it as a crutch or otherwise riding on it as an excuse to be lazy, and someone who has a genuinely impeding disability that would make working difficult. There's a lot of variables here, though: the type of disability, the severity of it, how it might affect their job as a [insert occupation here], the family situation, their relationships, how the individual him/herself regards said disability... and probably many others.

For argument's sake, let's talk mental disabilities for a bit. They come in all different types, with different levels of impairment in regards to various things. You have schizophrenia, autism, ADHD, OCD, bipolar, anxiety, and even things like depression that seem simple on the surface. All of these could be anything from mild enough to work with, to severe and crippling to the point where even medication is barely enough to function. Most of these, depression aside, are things people are born with. And once a child is born, that child is here to stay, barring illegal activity.

There are always people who use their diagnoses as free rides for an "easier" life, absolutely. It'd be ridiculous to cut benefits to all disabled individuals just to cut off the extra pressure they're adding to the system, though, and trying to evaluate every family's situation who applies for disability benefits would be equally crazy. Sometimes it doesn't even last forever, and they get removed from it after taking the time to get on their own feet and adjust.

Disabilities should be reasons, not excuses. "Should" is just an ideal, however. Trouble is, is there a way to inspire the people who loaf around because oh no, I have Asperger's and I can't work to suck it up and try to work on their weaknesses and become slightly better functioning members of society?

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Ya it sounds pretty mean but lets say the parents are 80 there 20 year old son disabled himself by [Insert stupid thing here] why should they suffer ? It's not fair to ruin 3 lifes just for 1 who messed up.
The disabled person will be ok if he lives in america, Getting 2000 dollars a month or more while sitting back and doing nothing, or get a job, or join a program , there are so many options.

Ahaaaaaaaahaaahahaha, I WISH I got 2000 dollars a month or more. I only get about 1200 dollars a month, and that doesn't cover the rent and all the bills, let alone food, transportation, spending money. For me to support myself, one of my parents has to also be a homecare worker and contribute that wage, and then neither of us can get an actual job or I don't get paid that 1200 dollars anymore, because the state concludes I don't need it. What happens without that extra parent? I don't know.

That's the thing everyone needs to realize: we can't be on a program and get a job at the same time. Entitlement programs help us barely get by. In any case, we are not living in the lap of luxury. It's best to go to college anyway, volunteer, generally keep busy, because those handicapped people who actually do sit back and do nothing are apt to develop psychological problems and depression because they aren't being active, and all they have to think about when the movies and the video games end is their handicap and how they are hurt. And not getting active in many cases can make someone's handicap progress quicky. What a healthy person would think is a lazy life of fun all the time is actually quite miserable. My friend is an autistic adult and that's pretty much what his life is like: trying to chase away the depression with video games, because he gave up trying for college.

Parents are not babysitters; family sticks with you 'till the end. We handicapped people are not injured dogs.

Last edited:

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Ahaaaaaaaahaaahahaha, I WISH I got 2000 dollars a month or more. I only get about 1200 dollars a month, and that doesn't cover the rent and all the bills, let alone food, transportation, spending money. For me to support myself, one of my parents has to also be a homecare worker and contribute that wage, and then neither of us can get an actual job or I don't get paid that 1200 dollars anymore, because the state concludes I don't need it. What happens without that extra parent? I don't know.

That's the thing everyone needs to realize: we can't be on a program and get a job at the same time. Entitlement programs help us barely get by. In any case, we are not living in the lap of luxury. Those handicapped people who actually do sit back and do nothing are apt to develop psychological problems and depression because they aren't being active, and all they have to think about when the movies and the video games is their handicap and how they are hurt. And not getting active in many cases can make someone's handicap progress quicky. What a healthy person would think is a lazy life of fun all the time is actually quite miserable.

Parents are not babysitters; family sticks with you 'till the end. We handicapped people are not injured dogs.

...This is a good post.

I'm on disability too, actually, but I don't plan on being on it forever. The benefits do limit the amount of income your household can get every year, as well, so yeah, it's not all sunshine and rainbows after you get it.

I guess this really is where ableism is a big issue. I know my dad was thoroughly guilt-tripped into taking care of his mother until the end of her life, because she had no one else to do it in his place -- and she lived to the ripe old age of ninety-two -- but she didn't start out disabled. No, actually, she lost the ability to walk because she didn't get up and do anything, so eventually her legs just gave up and stopped working. It wasn't that she couldn't take care of herself, she just didn't want to, and there was absolutely nothing wrong with her in any other way either. She probably would've lived even longer than that if she'd taken care of herself better.

Still, even those on disability who may appear to be a leech to the government and society are either A) in need of help to stand on their own feet financially and otherwise, or B) really, really, really ****ing miserable people in every sense of the word who think nothing is wrong at all. Alternatively, they acknowledge things are wrong, but they never do anything to try and fix it, just whine about it constantly and become not only a resource drain to those around them, but an emotional one as well.

I do think some disabilities can be crippling in the right conditions, and that disability is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. That doesn't mean it works like "once disabled, always disabled", because some things really can be worked through.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
That's why I think disability is somewhat of a Faustian deal. Once you're on it, it's so easy to become dependant on it, both realistically and mentally. It's a problem if you can't get a job without losing your existing income immediately. And what reason is there to act if you're being supported, mediocre or not. I sure hope your plan about not being on disabilty forever works, Asuka.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
That's why I think disability is somewhat of a Faustian deal. Once you're on it, it's so easy to become dependant on it, both realistically and mentally. It's a problem if you can't get a job without losing your existing income immediately. And what reason is there to act if you're being supported, mediocre or not. I sure hope your plan about not being on disabilty forever works, Asuka.

It is, but that's something that happens with anything considered "easy". It really can be difficult when you get taken right off as soon as the government finds out you have a full time job, though. :S And it's the kind of thing where you might risk losing more than you gain by trying to support yourself.

Well, I'm planning on going to school first, at least. I'm grateful for it as something to sustain me now, but I don't want to rely on it forever, for more than just my own sake.

Ludwig

Are you serious? Not even the "seemingly" in there excuses how awful this post is. And many of your previous posts in this thread -- here's a hint, referring to a human as an "it" is dehumanizing. This goes for non-cisgendered people, disabled people, and everything in-between.

I am serious.
Why is it awful?
The only difference between "it" and "he" or "she" is that "it" is gender neutral, the other options aren't which I why I used it.
Why is the rest of the post written in the context of a reply to me?

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Every child looks at their parents as just that parents but they are people to.
People who have plans to retire and live there life traveling , not babysitting till there 80.

Disablization do to parents genes. Truly another subject, i still will not blame the parents for this like they planned it. But for this they should take a little more attention since the child did not do anything to deserve this.

If this post anger you just stop for a sec and think, imagine you had a awesome dog that you played with everyday. Now imagine that dog jumped of a roof {?] now everyday you have to wake up every three hours and feed him or give him water by hand. Yes a good soul will waste the rest of there lives doing this , but most will just put the dog down because they don't want to and don't deserve to have to take care of it.
I will never relate my children to a dog Honor. Nor is caring for my child less important than circling the globe. I give you a pass for you apparent ignorance as you probably do not have children of your own. It is my duty as a parent to raise and care for my children so long as I live. Having a child that has Aspergers, I don't know what is in store for him or my wife and I.

As for why they should suffer... THEY are parents. As a Parent I suffer every day wondering if my children will make it in the world. I'm 45 and my dad still worries about me! Just a few years ago my parents & I had to bury my older brother. You think my dad doesn't worry he'll have to do the same to me one day?

My father in Law has a son who became a millionaire, lost everything, and ended up back at home. He is starting over and doing ok, but if his parents were not their he'd be in a world of hurt.

So don't think for a moment that once a child reaches maturity and moves out that a parents job is done. Don't feel bad though, I thought the same way you do, till I had my own children. Including one who may need a guiding hand through out his life.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
I am serious.
Why is it awful?
The only difference between "it" and "he" or "she" is that "it" is gender neutral, the other options aren't which I why I used it.
Why is the rest of the post written in the context of a reply to me?

Because you are being an enormous ableist *******? The whole post wasn't completely in reply to you, though, it was just my general thoughts on the subject.

And no, "it" is very dehumanizing when used to talk about people. Gender-neutral though it may be, there's a reason a lot of the LGBTQ crowd avoids using it for those who identify as third-gendered or gender-neutral.

Ludwig

Because you are being an enormous ableist *******? The whole post wasn't completely in reply to you, though, it was just my general thoughts on the subject.

And no, "it" is very dehumanizing when used to talk about people. Gender-neutral though it may be, there's a reason a lot of the LGBTQ crowd avoids using it for those who identify as third-gendered or gender-neutral.

What do the stars mean?

There is no reason for it to me dehumanizing. Except, maybe, that it can refer to matter that isn't a human, but that applies to "he" and "she" too.

7 tyranitars

Stop talking like we humans are so special, we are just another animal, and we refer to animals (atleast in english) as it, so why shouldn't we towards other humans, are we really that arrogant?

Last edited:

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
It may be Arrogant or it could be the PC generation. I use he or she when I refer to a pet but if it's a bear in the wild & I don't know the gender I will use it. "They" is also gender neutral and can refer to individual or groups and is less... offensive.

Ludwig

It may be Arrogant or it could be the PC generation. I use he or she when I refer to a pet but if it's a bear in the wild & I don't know the gender I will use it. "They" is also gender neutral and can refer to individual or groups and is less... offensive.

But there is no gender-specific alternative for "they", also, that wouldn't help if the group contain members of both genders.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Actually why wouldn't it? They can be both male and female and is more living a title that it. But that's just how I see it.

Ludwig

Actually why wouldn't it? They can be both male and female and is more living a title that it. But that's just how I see it.

Even if there is gender-specific words for a group, they would be useless if the group contain people of both genders because using a male word would be incorrect due to the females and using a female word would be incorrect due to the males.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
No because They are both genders and yet neither They are male, They are female, and they are both male & female. They works equally no matter which gender you are referring to.

Ludwig

No because They are both genders and yet neither They are male, They are female, and they are both male & female. They works equally no matter which gender you are referring to.

Use a dictionary and reread what I wrote.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Ludwig sometimes you just have to close the dictionary and think for yourself. Use what works best even when it isn't a perfect fit.

Ludwig

Ludwig sometimes you just have to close the dictionary and think for yourself. Use what works best even when it isn't a perfect fit.

I told you to use a dictionary because your replies haven't made sense in the context of arguing against me. Therefore, I assume that you lack the skill to properly understand English.