• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Perpetual Motion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TML

Also I forgot to mention in my goodbye post, bloody good job PA and Meliekpi for winning their war battles! :)

Derp~

Haters gonna hate
Looked at the wars, two clans were having a war and the members were never online at the same time because one team mainly had battlers who live in Britan and the other clan had battlers who live in America. They've gone way over their deadline.

Made an NU team, it's in this spoiler:
Samurott@ Life Orb
Nature: Naive
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA; 128 Atk; 128 Spe

Swords Dance
Aqua Jet
Ice Beam
Megahorn

Briavary@ Choice Band
Nature: Jolly
Trait: Deviant
EVs: 252 Atk; 252 Spe; 4 HP

Brave Bird
Superpower
U-Turn
Return

Bastidon@ Leftovers
Nature: Brave
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk; 252 SpD; 4 Def

Stealth Rock*
Metal Burst
Iron Head
Stone Edge

Charizard@ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Trait: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SpA; 252 Spe; 4 HP

Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Air Slash
Fire Blast

Emolga@ Leftovers
Trait: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Spe; 252 SpA; 4 HP

Volt Switch
Charge Beam
Substitute
HP Grass

Leavanny@ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Trait: Chlorophyll

Leaf Blade
X-Scissor
Swords Dance
Slash

Not too sure about Emolga, and the items repeat a lot.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Looked at the wars, two clans were having a war and the members were never online at the same time because one team mainly had battlers who live in Britan and the other clan had battlers who live in America. They've gone way over their deadline.

Samurott@ Life Orb

Swords Dance
Aqua Jet
Ice Beam
Megahorn

Briavary@ Choice Band

Brave Bird
Superpower
U-Turn
Return

Bastidon@ Leftovers

Stealth Rock*
Metal Burst
Iron Head
Stone Edge

Charizard@ Leftovers

Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Air Slash
Fire Blast

Emolga@ Leftovers

Volt Switch
Charge Beam
Substitute
HP Grass

Leavanny@ Life Orb

Leaf Blade
X-Scissor
Swords Dance
Slash

Since I played a bit of NU before, I can give you a bit of flaws I find

First off, Stealth Rock. 3 pokemon take 25% off everytime they switch, Charizard takes almost half. This makes you very vulnerable as well, since you don't have a spinner.

Secondly, as you're very vulnerable to entry hazards (Leavanny, Bastiodon and Samurott get poisoned and get spike damage, with Leavanny heavily crippled after rocks), I think you might want to get a spinner. In NU, you have Wartortle, Spinda, Torkoal and Armaldo. Spinda is just bad... it has too little defense (though Contrary Superpower is fun in random battle). Torkoal and Armaldo are worth trying but they add to the SR weakness. Wartortle is fine, but doesn't really work with Charizard IMO.

If you want an attacking electric, you might want to try Ampharos > Emolga. Emolga is frail, and while Ampharos trades in speed, it gets extra cuteness and bulk. Here's an Agility set if you want to Agility sweep with Amphy

Ampharos @ Life Orb/Lefties
Ability: Static
Nature: Timid/Modest
EV: 252 Speed/252 Sp.Atk/4 HP
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power (Ice) / Focus Blast
- Agility
- Subsitute

hide behind subsitute. agility boost. sweep. :3 Simple as one two three.

I think bulky Amphy sweep might be better but this set is fine too. Amphy is just cute <3

Moving on...

Leavanny should run Return > Slash, since Slash is just... Return has a nicer B.P and Leavanny isn't very bulky to survive many hits either to wait for hax to happen.

Samurott should run 252 Atk and 128 Sp.Atk, since Atk is more helpful as three of Samurott's move (including Swords Dance) are attack reliant. Ice Beam is the only one that really benefits, so I think running more atk than special is better.

That's all I found really. Since this is in-clan I probably wouldn't get killed.

So how did I do xD

Samurott@ Life Orb

Swords Dance
Aqua Jet
Ice Beam
Megahorn

Briavary@ Choice Band

Brave Bird
Superpower
U-Turn
Return

Bastidon@ Leftovers

Stealth Rock*
Metal Burst
Iron Head
Stone Edge

Charizard@ Leftovers

Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Air Slash
Fire Blast

Emolga@ Leftovers

Volt Switch
Charge Beam
Substitute
HP Grass

Leavanny@ Life Orb

Leaf Blade
X-Scissor
Swords Dance
Slash

Personally, i think samurott should be fully physical if you run sd because you need 252 evs in speed even with aqua jet.
You're team, as lanturn said, is sr weak and is pretty slow. Ampharos can help this but for it to sweep you need to make sure lickilicky can be better checked.
Bastiodon should also run a defensive set because its offensive stats are terrible and does not have the speed to hit anything.
I dont think leavanny is that great of a sweeper or pokemon in general so that may be the pokemon you should look into swapping for a spinner.
Have not played NU in a long time so these are all general suggestions.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
After another round of looking at your team, I found one huge weakness.

Skill Link Cinccino

It is almost always that Skill Link Cinccino, a popular choice in NU, carry Rock Blast. Rock Blast hits 4/6 of your team for super effective damage, with only one resistance. Sure, you can switch Bastiodon in, but there's always a chance that it can switch out and get a strong fighting or ground type such as Sawk/Torterra and KO you. There are a few measures you can take against Cinccino, such as Physically Defensive Misdreavous. IMO you should take out maybe Bastiodon. Here's a nice Misdreavous set from Smogon

Misdreavous @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Will-o-wisp
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball

Against Cinccino, Misdreavous can just Will-o-wisp and cripple Cinccino, halving its attack. It can just speed up the process by Pain Splitting.

But if you want to really run Bastiodon, try running Hazard + Roar to prevent being a setup bait (hopefully the opposing don't have Taunt either. Otherwise, you're just setup then)

You might want to throw in Emboar or Sawk somewhere to deal with Lickilicky. The best one I can find is Charizard, since sunny set isn't the best for your team.

Emboar can also deal with Amoongus as well as Lickilicky. I assume you're running physical Emboar, so it's calc time!

Adamant LO Emboar 252 Atk Superpower V.S Bold Lickilicky 252 HP / 252 Def: 94.3% ~ 112.3% 1HKO at least

Usually Lickilicky don't run full def (at least from Smogon sets) so I guess... you're safe?

Anyways, I'll add more when I get home. I'm going out now bye!

Changelog

Emboar/Sawk > Charizard
Agility Ampharos > Emolga
Eviolite Misdreavous > Bastiodon
Roar + Hazard Bastiodon > Current Bastiodon set if you don't want to switch to Misdreavous

Derp~

Haters gonna hate
Thanks for the advice! I'll use Ampharos instead of Emolga, but I'm not sure about switching Charizard since when it uses Sunny Day, if it faints before the five turns are up then Leavanny benefits from the sun because it has Chlorophyll. I'll switch one of Bastidon's moves for Roar as well.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
For Bastiodon, you can try this set instead

Bastiodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Stury
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def or Special Defense - Depending on which tank you want it to be / 4 Def or Special Defense - Depending on which one you picked for 252
Sassy Nature
0 Speed IV

- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Metal Burst
- Toxic/Taunt

Scubasteve23

Dath Scuba
Damn Lanturns going all out here. I like that!

Edit: Alright guys I guess now is a better time than ever to get this thing rolling. As everybody who talked to me, kyro, or zero knows: we are going to be making a super clan alongside with Eliteknight, McDanger, and BAS. Everybody that is in this clan is encouraged to move to this clan, that will be known as The Battling Corporation. But let's not ever forget about Perpetual Motion, because I don't know about all of you, but this is definitely the bast clan I've been a part of. I don't really need to give some huge goodbye speech to each individual member because most of you already said you're coming to the clan anyways. The clan will be submitted tomorrow so I figured I'd give you some time to say whatever you want to say.

Last edited:

Kyro13

Banned

Edit: Alright guys I guess now is a better time than ever to get this thing rolling. As everybody who talked to me, kyro, or zero knows: we are going to be making a super clan alongside with Eliteknight, McDanger, and BAS. Everybody that is in this clan is encouraged to move to this clan, that will be known as The Battling Corporation. But let's not ever forget about Perpetual Motion, because I don't know about all of you, but this is definitely the bast clan I've been a part of. I don't really need to give some huge goodbye speech to each individual member because most of you already said you're coming to the clan anyways. The clan will be submitted tomorrow so I figured I'd give you some time to say whatever you want to say.

Yeah guys, and, iirc, EK is letting you all keep your rank as it is. Sorry, I'm no good at saying goodbyes

But I gotta say, we sure as hell went out with a bang beating TA like that :3

00swms

Chaos Theory

Also really just updating on everything that needs to be known. Elite just submit the first post of the new clan. So all Leader I hope will be Ready to post.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
I wanna write a huge paragraph. But everyones gonna move so no sad goodbye post.

Summary:
No Flaffy Rank, bye Flaffy. Bye PM. Hi new clan. More activity pl0x and a tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.