• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Persona 4 remake and fighting game confirmed

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
I doubt I will ever recover from P4 Protag being called Yu. Please be wrong this is going to extend to the fighting game too Wikipedia. Please. ... This is what I get for being attached to the manga.

Well if that V is as symbolic as it seems maybe Marie'll appear in Persona 5 older and wiser?

Chris

Old Coot
I doubt I will ever recover from P4 Protag being called Yu. Please be wrong this is going to extend to the fighting game too Wikipedia. Please. ... This is what I get for being attached to the manga
You do realize what "Yu" implies, right? It's meant to basically be one letter off from "You," whereas the "Narukami" portion of his family name stems from "to become a God." It literally means "You become a God," which fits the situation regarding his Persona, Izanagi.

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
You do realize what "Yu" implies, right? It's meant to basically be one letter off from "You," whereas the "Narukami" portion of his family name stems from "to become a God." It literally means "You become a God," which fits the situation regarding his Persona, Izanagi.

That may be so and I realized this from when the anime was first unveiled since people were telling it to just about any fan who preferred calling him Souji (or their own name for him), but well; this is one of those series that doesn't put such high emphasis on name meanings, as far as I know. A name deliberately cool just kind of... lowers the quality of it to me, ironically.

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
Last edited:

natie

Mr. F
Both look awesome. P4: The Golden makes me want to get a PSV even more.

Chris

Old Coot
The Vita's horsepower takes it above and beyond the PS2 original. Sooo exciting.
Actually, it's pretty much just taking the PS2 game and displaying it in HD. Popping Persona 4 onto an emulator shows that the game can look pretty damn good when not displayed in standard definition: http://i.imgur.com/qye14.jpg

Chris

Old Coot
You're absolutely right. The same can be done on most GameCube and PS2 games.
Fixed for ya. :p But yeah, it's similar to taking something that we've seen on DVD and releasing it on Blu-ray.

natie

Mr. F
It can be done for Wii games as well. Xenoblade in 1080p is gorgeous.

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
720p trailer!

OK, so heaps of footage now coming in for P4: The Ultimate in Midnight Arena from TGS
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (kind of)

Looks AWESOME. (Why isn't Aigis playable, I wonder?)

So 'Colour Priset (sic)' changes both character and Persona as matching sets, but there's also an option to change them individually of one another. I love that pastel blue Konohana Sakuya.

Basic game mechanics, scroll down for movelists. (kind of contains swearing, maybe I should copy it in here...)

There may be original characters in P4: UMA, or alternatively perhaps characters from other Atlus series/earlier in the Persona franchise? (Let's positive thinking!)

Images of movelists, some translation notes below:
Yu Narukami (an all-rounder who can fight at any distance)
After pressing D while using a standing D attack, or doing a jumping D, he'll be able to fight independently of his Persona.
Swift Strike can be used to counter attacks.
EX Zio puts the enemy into shocked status, and prevents them from moving.

Chie (shines at close-range rushdown)
Rampage cancels into Skull Cracker, which breaks guard. (I might be misinterpreting this)
Power Charge is a super, and buffs her damage (can stack up to 3 times)
Agneyastra is her ultimate attack, and if guarded brings you very close to the enemy. (Yeah I'm definitely misinterpreting this lol)

Yosuke (speediest in the game!)
In the air he can cancel any of his specials into another special. He can cast Tentarafoo, which is unblockable and causes panic status. While in panic status the enemy's left/right controls are reversed. After casting Sukukaja (his ultimate) his dashes are considered attacks (might be misinterpreting that last part).

Yukiko (her fans allow her to pressure the enemy from long range)
Dia restores her health as you hold down the button.
Fire Boost increases the damage of fire attacks and is stackable.
Fire Break makes your next fire attack unblockable.

Kanji (gets in close and uses grappling moves)
His normal grab and Skewer command grab have extra range. 耐えてみやがれ! can grab enemies unless they're crouching. As the enemy takes damage from his D attacks, they get closer to getting put in shocked status which prevents them from moving.

- Beatdown Attack (Has super armor, Hard to punish on block, {Instant Block -> 5A} works best)
- Awakening (Doesnt activate while being combo'ed, you can die before it kicks in. The bonus defense also wont apply.)
- Counter Hit (Increases damage and untechable time.)
- Fatal Counter (Like Blazblue, increases untechable time +2F)
- Instant Block (Like BB/GG)
- Air Turn (Odd usage, like Chie's Reverse TK Dragon Kick to run away)

- Negative Status
Some moves causes these:
Poison: like Bang's, lose HP over time
Shock/Paralyze: cant move
Confuse: Reversed back/forward walking

[IMG139]http://i52.*******.com/2m4d7r8.jpg[/IMG139]

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I wonder what the inevitable SNK Boss version of the MC will be like. Maybe he'll have Yoshitsune?

In any case, finally, a game where we can beat up Aigis.

Is it seriously just going to be "Round # - FIGHT!"? What happened to you, ArcSys?