• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Persona 4 The Animation

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
It just started tonight! So who else is going to be watching this one? Any hopes on how it's going to play out? I haven't played the game for myself so please keep spoilers as minimal as possible.

One thing I noticed early on is that this anime has a fetish for adding gradients to each individual part of the colouring of a character. It's weird once you notice it. I also JUST noticed how odd it would be for someone watching this and not knowing about the games. They'd be wondering what Persona 1-3 are.

The main character seems a little bland at the moment but this is only episode one (why did he unbutton his shirt at the end?). The supporting cast is entertaining though, Sakonata's a real cutie.

Anyone else watch the yellow subs that said "So I'm stuck here for a whole year here?" WAT.

Also, I LOVE the eyecatch.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
This is advertised as 25 episodes.

I wonder will it be enough to cover all teammates dungeons/Mitsuo, and possible ending routes in time?

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Was considering watching this, but decided to go with Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai instead, may still pick it up later though.

Wardek

U & I
Subbed yet?

The main character was nameless in the name, I wonder what they did name him here.

Darkseeker

Crimson Denizen
It started yesterday???? damm I should start paying more attention to this...
Can't wait to see shadow _____in HD XD, but then again all the shadow forms are amazing...

It's the only game i had played more than 3 times...

RiotFire

Loved it!! ...so much! lol!
Massive fan of the games so completely loved the use of the original soundtrack, the character status screens at the commercial breaks, the day cycle screens! Big big love for me...

However, that said I can appreciate that perhaps it would all seem a bit so-so to viewers that haven't played the games... but that's their loss ;P

Chris

Old Coot
Subbed yet?

The main character was nameless in the name, I wonder what they did name him here.
An official sub stream's been available not long after it aired: http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Persona-4/Episode-1/Watch

And the Brotag is named Yu Narukami in the anime (and the upcoming fighting game).

Loved every bit of it and was surprised by how much content they kept from the game in just one episode. Only real differences I noticed was the lack of oddly starting with Rise's commercial and Yukiko's stalker, though I imagine the latter will be given a scene shift to another episode. Also, dat Persona summoning scene. You know ****'s going down the moment "Reach out to the Truth" kicks in and Yu is unbuttoning his blazer right in the middle of a fight.

Unicorn

Neigh.
I'm totally watching this right now. **** yes.

My only complaint is that King Moron didn't look nearly doofy enough. His teeth needed to be at least three sizes bigger.

THE ANIMATION IS GLORIOUS THOUGH. I love the fact that all the little quirks from the game have returned into the animation, like when the days switch and it shows the forecast, and it shows Yu's progress. Awesome. Just awesome.

uber gon

Accept Change
God I hope this is dubbed soon.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Today I had a schlick. Not just any old schlick, but one over YU FOCKING NARUKAMI. And I thought Souji Seta was the man!

Blue_Horizon

Corrupted Master
Yeah really enjoyed the first episode, eventhough I haven't played persona before.

Was fast-paced and to the point for the most part, had fabulous animation (esp at the persona summoning at the end), good voice acting, and an interesting premise so far.

I hope all this is explained soon though.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Tonight's episode's conclusion felt a little forced.

Chie was upset about Yukiko and that their relationship only existed because Yukiko needed her. She also saw herself as useless. Then all Yu says is "No, you're not" and everything's better? Not only that but in the very next scene Chie is upset about the same thing again and Yu basically says the same thing to cheer her up.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
ehhhh at this pace how are they going to stretch 24-26 episodes?

1 ep per persona/teammate addition plus a red herring or two, and various possible endings, I see maybe enough material for 15 episodes.

Chris

Old Coot
Tonight's episode's conclusion felt a little forced.

Chie was upset about Yukiko and that their relationship only existed because Yukiko needed her. She also saw herself as useless. Then all Yu says is "No, you're not" and everything's better? Not only that but in the very next scene Chie is upset about the same thing again and Yu basically says the same thing to cheer her up.
Think you missed the point of it. Chie initially went through the emotions that Yukiko needed her and believed that she needed to help Yukiko because that's what a good friend does.

In turn, she was actually suppressing her own emotions where she also did it to feel better about herself and that it was actually her who relied on Yukiko's problems to make her feel like she had one over her. This caused her to think she was a terrible friend.

Yu merely reassured her that regardless of all of that, she still saw Yukiko as her friend.

Also, that ****ing moment when the writers destroyed all doubts of seeing other Persona by having Yu withdraw Izanagi and bringing out Pyro Jack. Hell yeah! On another note, the writers and animators paid attention to detail. During the time outside of the TV world, Yu is taking part in the game's part-time jobs of folding paper cranes and making envelopes. Hilarious especially since the cranes help raise Understanding, while Yu just stood around as Yosuke was getting choked out. Guess that boy needs some more points to understand the situation. Also confirms we'll be seeing the people from the other Social Links.

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Think you missed the point of it. Chie initially went through the emotions that Yukiko needed her and believed that she needed to help Yukiko because that's what a good friend does.

In turn, she was actually suppressing her own emotions where she also did it to feel better about herself and that it was actually her who relied on Yukiko's problems to make her feel like she had one over her. This caused her to think she was a terrible friend.

Yu merely reassured her that regardless of all of that, she still saw Yukiko as her friend.

That actually clears is up a lot. Thanks.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
I watched episode 5 and it was pretty good. I liked the break from the Persona battles and it was a pretty funny episode at Yu's expense.

I do wish that the others had their stats shown as well besides Yu. Who is increasing his Courage and Diligence a lot.

Judging from the awesome opening song, we still have 2 more members to add before the series can really start going into Boss battles and what not.

Can't wait to see Yukiko in action with her Persona.

Chris

Old Coot
I do wish that the others had their stats shown as well besides Yu. Who is increasing his Courage and Diligence a lot.
It's because only Yu had those stats in the game. Raising those stats helped with starting and progressing through social links, as well as earning rewards.