• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Persona- BOSS

Zincspider

My Bloody
Well, one out of the way... can't say I'm excited about the results.
1/3 of the test was something we covered 5 minutes in class... like, wut. Did not think it was important enough to go as in depth as the test expected.

Also, of course it's dead in here most of the time now, we're down 3 people (VB's coming back soon and I still haven't used Lace, TSR's bogged with 70hour work weeks, and GH is... off being GH.), and we're not making any points of conversation. Just statement.

So, I guess I'll go ahead and announce what that list is up there.
*AHEM*
Ladies and slightly manlier ladies. I present to you, the-

Persona BOSS Pokemon TOURNAMENT!

Now, as the fun guy I am, I thought of a few ways to make this tournament interesting. First: Double Battles. That's the format here people. Leave your Single battle mindset at the door.
Second: Neverused.
Smogon is full of pretentious jerks set on making pokemon not fun. BUT, they do provide a few nice things that I can't help but use, such as the tier list. Most of the time, I only use these to find good movesets to fiddle with, but now, we're gonna be using them as criteria!
http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/nu
Only pokemon on this list may be used in the tournament.
The list that I made earlier was the ban list. Banned for such reasons as having the ability to use a megastone now, being usable in OU viably without relying on a certain set up, or increasing their stats too much in weather (which is totally easy to achieve in Doubles).
So, the rules are there. 6v6 Double battles with Neverused pokemon.
I'd get started on your team if I were you.
More rules to come (basic stuff to set the game to)
If you want to partake, it'll be in a week or two. Just tell me here!

EDIT: Also, OW! My eyes... why'd I make that text red?

niedude

Don't forget to grin
The text is red because THESE BATTLES WILL MAKE BLOOD RAIN

And awww why'd you ban Taurus. If I'm making a JP-theme team (which I so ****ing will) Taurus was epytomal. No, Bouffalant won't do. That affro's way too... It reminds me of Sig. And Sig is the antythesis of JP, personality wise. (Calm bruiser vs Prone-to-rage Bruiser). And Taurus even had the ability Anger Point oh cmon ooooooon.

I'll cope.
Somehow.
(If Terrakion is in that NU list... I'm sure it isnt but here's hoping)

Zincspider

My Bloody
Lol, Terrakion on NU. Always OU.
Actually, why did I ban Tauros?
I think that was early on when my standards were less strict on banning. Let me take another look. I might remove it.
EDIT: It's off, along with a few more.

Last edited:

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
**** zinc's got a status condition
anyone have some amrita?
<.<

Sorry I only know Charmdi so unless he's been charmed I can't help him.

Unless you want to exchange Soul Silver/Black pokemon codes; I got no friend code as I still do not have the things I need to play the Pokemon X game.

.....The first two on that list made me sad because I like those pokemon... I know they're overused but still... It's my favorite starter pokemon and my favorite electric type and awww... I like using my male Gardevoir... It's like the rarest thing to see now that it has a manlier evolution XD Well, you only have one fire type on the list so it all good for me.

I'm not a big pokemon battler myself (blasphemy, I know) but how would I join this tournament?

Niihyl

Posthuman
Awesome, definitely participating. I'd love to use some 'mons that are awesome but, well, never used because they aren't as strong as the 20-odd best guys.

Aw, sorry InnerFlame. It's not fun to be left out... maybe you'll be able to pick something up on Black Friday/Christmas?

Now I can think of two options. We could use pokemonshowdown.com, the battle simulator. The upsides of this are 1. Not having to train a team of NU Pokemon in seven days. I don't keep NU Pokemon just lyin' around, man. 2. Everyone can join in, regardless of their ownership of the devices. It might not quite have the feel of "I trained these guys myself in the spirit of Pokemon," but it does make it easier for everyone to participate.

The other option is to be hybrid-y. For people who have the game, they battle each other in game, as per usual. For people who don't, they can use pokemonshowdown, and the people who do have the game can (must) replicate their in-game teams with the teambuilder. Might give people who are exclusively on the simulator an advantage, but that's not what really counts here, is it?

So can we not use Gen 6 Pokemon at all? The tierlists are only for BW so far, I believe.

Also prizes. I demand prizes.

Also Zinc, you have a bright red signature. Pls.

Edit: I need people's friend codes. Only have Zinc, Wordy and Sequel right now.

Zincspider

My Bloody
But... I already got started on my team. I did 3 this afternoon. Bred em and everything.

Also, that is correct about no gen 6. I have no idea how those guys will place in the tier, and seeing as it's a pure NU tier tourney I can't rightfully allow them.

Prizes? You want PRIZES?... sure, but only if you're able to show me your team in game. Basically, I'm saying we do the hybrid option. Everyone has fun there. BUT, only those who can show me they raised their team in game have the right to win anything. You can still take part, but you won't be able to take home the grad prize. Even if you win, I'll move down to second place for the prize. Cause they put the work in.
That's just the way it's got to go.

Yeah, but it ain't huge.

Shoulda sent me the PM, mate. Aw hell, I guess I'll put the word out again.
Anyone who wants the friend codes of people in BOSS, send me yours in a PM, I'll get them all back out to you guys.
Niihyl, Nie, and GH I'm looking at you.

Niihyl

Posthuman
Ey, that's not fair. You knew about the tourney beforehand. :<

Awright! Besides, the recognition of one's peers is the greatest reward, isn't it? Mm, I'm fired up about Pokemon again. Was a tad burned out on it, but I'm all giddy about raising a new team. Full training mode, activated!

I did get the game about two weeks after the release date, so never got into the first round of PMs. Will do so now.

Zincspider

My Bloody
But I didn't start training until the announcement.... alright a little bit, but not enough to make a difference. Just taking advantage of one of my breaks.

Sure, why not. Other than cash that is. Sweet sweet cash.
Me too. I got burnt out after spending a weekend breeding a perfect team and playing one game. Ugh.

As for this website... there's not much you can do for Gen 6 stuff, if any. Hmm...
EDIT: Actually, it seems to be updated with the GEn 6 stuff so... that's nice.

Last edited:

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
I'm always behind on my pokemon games, I tend to wait until it go down in price though 3ds will be quite the wait. Well you guys fun, tell me who wins... I guess I'll just draw something. It been while since I've drawn pictures related to this this RPG... Maybe I'll attempt comic.

Niihyl

Posthuman
You can join in, IF. Pokemonshowdown.com is a free website that lets you build a team and battle online with other players. Zinc might not give you a prize, but this is just for fun.

Edit: Can we use the Mega banlist Pokemon if we don't use mega stones?

Last edited:

Son_of_Shadows

I am in depending on dates and stuff.

EDIT: Also Zinc, you didn't get back to my VM, so I'll ask here: do you need another post or two out of me for the tower?

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
A Pokémon tournament? Count me and my renewed-thanks-to-Y-interest-in-Pokémon in, yo! I wassss kinda hoping expecting it to be solely PO/Showdown based, though, because two weeks to build a competitive team in the middle of all this schoolwork and shiz? Damn. But sure, yeah, I'm in with whatever I can get in that time.

Either way, I can offer to contribute when it comes to prizes. No, not a steamy night all alone with me, sorry. I could draw something. Yeah, yeah, I know, GH's a lazy-as-fuck artist, but I'm usually more motivated and fast when I have reason to be. So drawing prizes. Yee. Motivation.

I also suggest we have two winner categories/winners/whatever my English sucks today. One prize goes to the actual winner of the tournament (and possibly the runners-up), and one to whoever's team best matches what their BOSS character would have. Say, JP's team would most likely be reckless and offensive, Snow's supportive and more about strategy and so on. Would also nicely tie in with the actual rp, you know, as well as give the Showdown-only players a chance to win too.

And PM. Mm. Yeah. Sure. Soon.

Zincspider

My Bloody
Dude, you can catch wild Ursring. Send me your FC and I'll trade you one.

Oh and to answer other questions:

SoS, yeah, go ahead if you want. I'll be backed up with studying till Wednesday.

Niihyl Yes, they're still banned. They got Megaevolutions for a reason, that being they were already really popular pokemon that people used anyway. I can count on one hand the games I haven't used Ampharos or Grdevoir. No fun when you're not using strange pokemon in a NU tourney.
Plus, some of them got buffs to go with their Mega forms in this gen, so... not sure where they lay now.

GH, two prizes sounds good. I'll put you in charge of the Team Prize. I for one am still ineligible for any prize (Which is always sucky), so I'm just doing this for funs.

Last edited:

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
How have I never used this Showdown thing before. It's sooo fun. Such easy, such miracle.

Q: are Pokemon that have changed type between Gen V and VI banned? ie. your fave Mimey-chan. Is this a Fairy-free ghetto?
Q: I'm assuming that Pokemon that have to be Pokebanked in and with movesets that would have to be Pokebanked in are banned as well? To be fair to the poor souls who'll actually try training their team on their game.

Too lazy to train up a team fo' realz on Y because jesus it takes forever but I'll happily kick *** for the sake of kicking ***. Frankly, this team is likely to be gimmicky as **** as well so unlikely to win the 'closest to character' prize. lol. But it'll be cute. Adorbs. I like cute. Unsure as to what the conditions for 'team that suits Ciara' would be. Especially given that there is barely any *****iness left in NU.

Last edited:

Zincspider

My Bloody
I've been thinking about that for a while, and... I think I'm having to ban Fairies altogether. It only shoes out Mr. Mime and Granbull I think
And I had a Mime trained and everything, no joke. His stuff is great for doubles.

Yep. No Ice Punch on your Primeape. Can't get it in Gen 6, can't get it for the tourney.

I love this damn thing too... how have I not seen it is a wonderful question.
I've made several teams for the tourney already. All character based, save for one that has to be scrapped cause it has Mr.Mime.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Hey, guys. Let's try to keep Discussion Threads...I dunno...on topic?

Yeah?

Cool.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Lotsa restrictions on this tourney, eh?

Really, though, we need to use whatever effort you would have put into this instead into making the RP live again. We're moving at, like, 1-2 posts a week, and that's not cool. As much as I love the side projects, they're kind of taking over from what we should be doing.

As I asked over a page back, do you want us in the mall group to move ahead in our duels contingent on Ysa's post or wait for you to have Team Shadow beat us around a bit?

Last edited:

Zincspider

My Bloody
Yeah, sure, fight em a bit.