• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Persona- BOSS

Zincspider

My Bloody
@VB
That's wonderful, thank you. Even if it does make me think of a soap-opera, what are but just that, really? A soap-opera with the summoning of brain-fairies in order to fight inky blobs of human emotion. But a soap none the less.

@SoS
I've gotten a perfect on all my essays, and I don't think this one will be any different. I just hate writing somthing for a grade (The paper was the same length as my last post here, by the way. It wasn't exatcly long.)
Also, go ahead and try... it'll be ammusing for me.

Jason-Kun

I'll post either later tonight or tomorrow morning, depending on how much of a post I manage to bang out/my mood at the time. Just popping in to say that much.

Zincspider

My Bloody
So Lace was pimp-slapped down the hallway. Not that Shadow Liza would say it as such... she's a bit brief. Chooses not to use loaded words as well.
Writings from her perspective are going to be very short.

Shinai also shared a few kind words with JP, as well.
His first interaction with a PC other than Sofiya a whole session ago!

niedude

Don't forget to grin
That was... odd. Shinai's really going insane, isn't he? I'd assume he'd at least hide some of his... creepiness. Regardless, he's caught JP's attention, and he won't be getting away that easily. I assume Shinai will keep ignoring JP should he try to speak to him? My post will probably end with JP chasing Shinai down the hall and grabbing him by the arm after his been ignored enough.

And I love the writting style you use with S.Liza. So... robot-y. EVERYONE, THROW YOURSELVES AT SHADOW LIZA JUST SO ZINC CAN WRITE MORE OF HER AUTOMATON AWESOMENESS.

In return I may try to get some ShinaixJP going on.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
I had my post written, and then a Zinc post appears. Of course.

The thoughts of another GM about Mana's idea with Horus: use the example of the Cardcaptor Sakura Maze card. When Sakura thought to use Fly to get out, Maze caused itself to grow a mile high. And presumably would keep doing so if she still tried. Of course, they ended up using a powerful item to just bust through the maze walls...

niedude

Don't forget to grin
I had my post written, and then a Zinc post appears. Of course.

The thoughts of another GM about Mana's idea with Horus: use the example of the Cardcaptor Sakura Maze card. When Sakura thought to use Fly to get out, Maze caused itself to grow a mile high. And presumably would keep doing so if she still tried. Of course, they ended up using a powerful item to just bust through the maze walls...

So awesome to see I wasn't the only one who remembered this.
But what doomed Sakura was she didn't have the support cards that would help her get through the maze then, like Loop (form a loop around the exit and the place she was) or rubber (erasing instead of destroying the walls) or any other clever trick, since that maze called for a magic trick to beat it. Zinc's made it pretty clear we just need to run until we run across drunk vikings mounting bears, supposedly being commanded by a *****.

Alright I kinda assumed the last part, but I made my point.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
So awesome to see I wasn't the only one who remembered this.
But what doomed Sakura was she didn't have the support cards that would help her get through the maze then, like Loop (form a loop around the exit and the place she was) or rubber (erasing instead of destroying the walls) or any other clever trick, since that maze called for a magic trick to beat it. Zinc's made it pretty clear we just need to run until we run across drunk vikings mounting bears, supposedly being commanded by a *****.

Alright I kinda assumed the last part, but I made my point.

I only own the first six mangas, and I can only remember seeing two or three episodes. So I wouldn't know of those cards. *needs to get more of the manga*

Shinai might be too absorbed in madness already to realize that he looks creepy.

Does robo-Shadow-Liza have eyebeams?

Zincspider

My Bloody
Does robo-Shadow-Liza have eyebeams?

Well, she didn't.
Now I'm not so sure.

@niedude
He'll totally ignore him and mumble to himself until actually grabbed.

Son_of_Shadows

Oh wow, Cardcaptors, that takes me back about ten years. Good Lord. Nickelodeon used to be so cool. But yeah, I would imagine Zinc has a measure like that in place to prevent us cheating.

Whee, a flying Lace. I take it she'll be seeing circling birdies and trying to catch them. Seems like something she'd do.

So, Shadow Liza is basically an icy Terminator? We're boned. Quick, someone call John Connor!

I'm sort of wondering how to write my next post without it being "Joshua continued with the group through the maze of mirrors, twisting and turning through corridors." He's definitely not going to engage Liza unless someone's in big trouble.

EDIT: YSAVVRYL WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, NOW SHE HAS RANGE.

Zincspider

My Bloody
I would imagine Zinc has a measure like that in place to prevent us cheating.

Even if there was something I hadn't thought of, be sure that it will be countered in my next post.

So, Shadow Liza is basically an icy Terminator? We're boned. Quick, someone call John Connor!

Nah, but writing a completely emotionless voice often sounds robotical. She doesn't feel the need to kill... or at least doesn't know she feels it.

I'm sort of wondering how to write my next post without it being "Joshua continued with the group through the maze of mirrors, twisting and turning through corridors." He's definitely not going to engage Liza unless someone's in big trouble.

Have him run into walls and get a bloody nose. I'm not sure if you people realize how confusing a maze of mirrors is. You can't really tell what's open and what's not on the fly without touching it unless you're really perceptive.

EDIT: YSAVVRYL WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, NOW SHE HAS RANGE.

Mwah hah hah laddy.

Answered in quote.

Last edited:

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Yay, I've used my evil GM skills in a game that's not my own! I could make that suggestion even worse, you know (and it'd be all too easy).

Zincspider

My Bloody
I'm not sure... I just have a weakness for lazzzzer eyes.
Of course, I'll probably save those for later on somthing else.
*And then Shadow Sigmund was born*

EDIT: Wait. Mirrors reflect lasers!...
LAZZZZZZER GRID! YOU WILL BE SLICED!

Last edited:

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
You got it! Not only that, but since it is a maze, they'd be bouncing all over the place, extending her range even further. Maybe even hitting Shadow Liza, but then there are more of us than her. We'd be risking a total party wipe... scary.

Niihyl

Posthuman
A deadly matrix of lasers that takes Matrix-style bullet-time to dodge? Oh... I think we'll be needing a lot of Media...

Trafuri!

Ohright, Alice/Mana's weaknesses are now Fire and Light, with Absorb-Dark. Null-Dark if Abs. isn't permitted.

Son_of_Shadows

If I remember right, Absorb isn't permitted, so yeah, Null Dark.

In response to Zinc's point about confusion: I suppose I haven't really been picturing it yet, I can picture the glass surfaces but not the reflections of the whole area that would make it so bizarre.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Well when you put one mirror facing another, its reflection will show up in the other mirror's reflection, which will show up in the first mirror's reflection, which will show up in the second mirror's reflection... and so on to eternity, or until it gets so small that the human eye can't see it (but it's still there). So there's like an infinite number of reflections of everyone inside the maze, making an immense amount of visual activity. Especially if people are calling their Personas and lobbing fireballs and such about. And if the mirrors are really clean, it messes with your perception because it's harder to judge distances. Watching the mirrors for long will become visually overwhelming.

Way back when I was a kid (before some of you were born), I once visited a children's science museum where they had an enclosed mirror room set up. You crawled in one place and every wall (ceiling, floor, and the closed door included) in the small space was a mirror. That was pretty crazy and I got dizzy watching my little sister jump around.

Zincspider

My Bloody
Absorb is fine if it's dark. There aren't enough enemies that use it to make it a problem.
Absorb is hard to get, usually you'd have to take a weakness that's common to get it (Liza has absorb Ice, but is weak to strike attacks, the default attack of most shadows.).

Also, Ysa's got it right.
A mirror maze is about confusing as hell. It can hurt you metally and physically.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Oh hey, Ysa, I've been in a place like that too (it wasn't a museum though, 'twas an amusement park. Our museums are dusty and boring). Though there were openings there places you could walk through that weren't mirrors, but they actually made it even worse. The idea was to find your way through the mirror maze. I remember my tactic was pretty much... touch everything and see where my hand got through 8P

I second whoever said we should all throw ourselves at the terminator S!Liza just to hear her talk, btw. Of course, Sofiya won't be doing that, she'll be risking her life on Horus' back above the possibly sharp-edged mirrors instead.

Might post tomorrow if Marble doesn't do so today anyway.

Zincspider

My Bloody
I've never actually seen the terminator movies... or the Matrix. I feel so out of the loop here.
All I know is blue pill/red pill, "I know Kung-Fu", and 'Ill be bach'... and I'm not ever sure that's from the right movies.