• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Persona: Fallen Paradise (Discussion Thread)

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Yeah, because we'd like to induce a Mushroom Samba followed by the punch Janna spikes taking effect. XD

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Also, It would be the Tanetane Island Mushroom Samba

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
@TSR: I think Drake is more likely be Nodoka's study partner than one of the students she tutors.

@CR: Drake might just "accidentally" use his duel disc and summon a few of his monsters during the party. *begins imagining party's reactions*

Liltwick

Waa? How is that even... ???

Mother 3 continues the tradition when the party is forced to eat some strange mushrooms found in the jungle — in this case, it serves as a rather spiteful Journey to the Center of the Mind , as the hallucinogen preys on 'guilts and fears' (the party's dog is the only one not taken in). The events were apparently supposed to be even more horrible, but the creator decided to tone it down. It's still unrefined Nightmare Fuel, though.
Claus: Everyone's waiting, Lucas. Everyone's waiting to spit at you, throw rocks at you, and make your life Hell. Who's "everyone"?... everyone you love.

Just for everyone to expect what will happen

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
@Mon: Read Drake's history and it'll make sense.

@CR: Oh boy, Drake's gonna have some fun... ( Oh the joys of playing a shrinking violet who can border on fragile flower)

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Feel free to have Alyssa cater. Just keep things (relatively) PG-13, I'd rather not have a mod coming after me with a banhammer for breaking my stated content category.

In any case, I think we can keep up the interaction a bit longer before Avalon kicks in. It's just not Persona without the interaction mixed in with supernatural nightmares, after all.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
@Manaphy Mare: Don't forget, Nodoka's advanced for her age. She's studying at a second or third year college level. And that's across ALL subjects, not just science or math.

Drake might have some good science down, but is he secure in his World History? Classic Lit? Philosophy? Psychology? Calculus? Japanese? Etc.

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
@TSR: He's probably pretty solid in Calc and Classic Lit (he is quite a bookworm at times) As well as his sciences. His history and Japanese might be a bit problematic though. He'd probably be the one who has Nodoka tutor him to ensure he maintains his straight-A's (hence why I said they'd probably be closer to study partners).

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Hmmm, I'm willing to work with that. Who knows, he could be her "Star Pupil" or something.

*pens another name into Nodoka's address book*

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Feel free to have Alyssa cater. Just keep things (relatively) PG-13, I'd rather not have a mod coming after me with a banhammer for breaking my stated content category.

In any case, I think we can keep up the interaction a bit longer before Avalon kicks in. It's just not Persona without the interaction mixed in with supernatural nightmares, after all.

Don't worry 'bout that. CandleReaper would probably think up of a fantasy ingredient that nobody knows causes hallucinations as a side-effect. XD Here's the TvTropes page detailing on that! XD

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MushroomSamba

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Now, Carina was elected Prom Queen. (Unless Ysa has a problem with this. In which case, I'll edit.) I needed a conversation starter.

Lucy is basically an NPC, but Lilly will be a player character (And Persona user,) once her sign up is finished. xD

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
So, essentially. All the allowed Arcana are now taken, so we should be at our character quota once these sign-ups are in.

Now, probably just gonna keep up a little bit of interaction. Once I think we've done enough, I'll jump in, close up the interaction between Alistair and Ian at the cafe, and jump Alistair home to go to bed. Go to sleep, dream, blue butterfly, and into Avalon. Once we get into that part, I'll do plotty stuff, and give you some info here on general progression.

I'm also thinking of staggering the order in which people get their Personae, to avoid this mad jumping rush all at once to post people awakening their Personae, which would be awkward. Also, at some point after our first excursion into Avalon, I'll drag in the Velvet Room and Residents to provide EXPOSITION~. Yeah. Get used to there being two fountains of GM EXPOSITION~ here, Matt, and the Residents.

Liltwick

Well, we still need Mays and Manaphy to respond for Alyssa's Cupcake Contest, and then after that she'll close up shop.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Hm, okay. Well, there's still the other bakery, but we can deal with that, by GM timeskip if necessary. The cafe stuff can be resolved by GM intervention also so yeah. I'll hold out though, interaction is always good.

Also, we should probably have people noticing each other in town after two or three meetings in Avalon, to clue people in that no, they weren't having a really wacky dream, and Avalon is in fact real. Though the Velvet Room should help with that too.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Hm....Well then I will need to find reason's to get Ian out of his house. Ah well, that should be fun. and I need to talk to *Jean Gray* about something.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Well, all of the stuff at Sunrise is pretty much idle chatter that Leo/Mon could theoretically wrap up all in one post.

Other than that, if you need help deciding on awakening order, I'll volunteer Louise to be among the last. Honestly, I care little enough to throw myself on that grenade - I can hold off for a bit.

P.S. - I like how Ysavvryl didn't even have to ask or campaign for it, but basically just got Carina promoted to prom queen for him whether he wanted it or not. Also, looking forward to the implications of a male prom queen in drag.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Okay, fair enough.

On my end, Alistair will likely be among the first to awaken his Persona. Just as a matter of GM needing a Persona-awakened character to lead the action, generally.

As for the prom queen deal, I did not have anything to do with it. That said, it should be amusing and interesting.

Also, that Jeffrey the Emolga is an idiot. Gah. Asking if Pokemon are allowed in a Persona RPG. Just, urgh, the stupidity. Does not compute.

Liltwick

I'm thinking Alyssa will most likely be one of the first ones because of the

Team Mom+Yandere+Fiery Redhead+Action Girl Combination

I know, he does seem to be one. He'd probably sign-up as Ash...

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Okay, fair enough.

On my end, Alistair will likely be among the first to awaken his Persona. Just as a matter of GM needing a Persona-awakened character to lead the action, generally.

As for the prom queen deal, I did not have anything to do with it. That said, it should be amusing and interesting.

Also, that Jeffrey the Emolga is an idiot. Gah. Asking if Pokemon are allowed in a Persona RPG. Just, urgh, the stupidity. Does not compute.

Well, Leo is basically using Ho-Oh as a Persona. xD

The Prom Queen thing was my idea. I thought the implications of a "Male" Prom Queen would be hilarious. xD Carina has Leo to thank for her victory. lol xD

As far as when Leo will awaken his Persona, uh... I'm not sure yet. I'll figure that out when we get there.