• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Persona: Fallen Paradise (Discussion Thread)

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Approved by Kamotz. Thanks to him for that.

So, I figured we could use one of these, especially since Jean Grey asked about it, and here it is.

I – The Magician: Diego Vendrix + Merlin (DVB)
II – The High Priestess: Drake Lune + Anne Frank (Manaphy Mare)
III – The Empress: Krystal Storm + Gabriel (Aura of Twilight)
IV – The Emperor:
V – The Hierophant:
VI – The Lovers: Carina Dawson + Undine (Ysavvryl)
VII – The Chariot: Danijela Cernik + Typhon (GoldenHouou)
VIII – Justice:
IX – The Hermit: Matthew Clark + Nidhoggr (storymasterb)
X – Wheel of Fortune: Nicolas Harley + Nostradamus (Billy May)
XI – Strength: Alyssa H. Lovelock + Valkyrie (CandleReaper)
XII – The Hanged Man: Cesaire Moreau + Ankou (GoldenHouou)
XIII – Death: Jannike Mortensen + Skoll and Hati (Jean Grey)
XIV – Temperance: Nodoka Hirano + Tsukuyomi (TheSequelReturns)
XV – The Devil: Ian Blackwood + Astaroth (SoulMuse)
XVI – The Tower: Alistair Blake + Mordred (storymasterb)
XVII – The Star: Louise Henrietta DuBois + Jeanne (Blivsey)
XVIII – The Moon: Aika Ichigawa + Arianrhod (Raiden193)
XIX – The Sun: Leonardo Silverstone + Phoenix (Mon1010)

So, basically, this thread is for asking questions about the RPG (so long as they're relevant), plotting out stuff which you feel needs discussing with everyone, and finally I can post here to set you guys on track if I feel I need to.

General direction for now is interactions, and once I think we've done well enough with that, I'll ram us into the plot and start the supernatural stuff by introducing our characters to Avalon.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
We still have some spots open, I see.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Well, Son of Shadows reserved Justice, but his reservation expires tomorrow so we'll have to wait and see on that. I'm not too fussed by it, the nature of things makes it fairly easy for me to drop in new characters if needs be.

Also, everyone's allowed up to two characters, so if anyone wanted to grab any of the open spots for a second character, feel free.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
We have three Cafes/Bakeries, isn't that... just a little overkill?

Liltwick

True, but my Character' Archtype is Sweet Bakery Owner who will snap your neck in a matter of seconds....

Yea, Alyssa's an OC of mine...

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
I suggest no more bakeries, but multiple cafes are probably possible. In any case, I had nothing to do with the bakeries *holds up hands*.

And that's fine, Mon1010. I can introduce new characters into things easily enough, since I can just do dreams - blue butterfly - Avalon. Like what I'm doing with everyone else.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Hey, I've got the grandfather clause on the whole "bakeries" thing. Besides, I was imagining mine more as a convenience store for bread, bagels, etc. than a pastry shop. I do agree, though, that we're at full saturation on those. A bakery, bakery/pastry shop and a cafe all at once is more than plenty. What we've got now could turn into a sort of shop rivalry, though...

So, while we're at it, do we want to decide whose characters are familiar with whom? Or do you guys just want to make it up as we go along? Right now, Louise is friendly with Diego, but I feel like she should have a girl or two to hang out with.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Regarding who knows who... Dani just transferred, so it's very likely she doesn't know anyone. Cesaire's been living in the town for two years, so people have probably seen him stalking around and acting creepy, though he isn't too sociable so he most likely has no friends or even acquaintances.

Oh and hey, storymasterb, I've got a question. What sort of spells should we start out with? The basic Dia, Agi, Garu, Tarukaja, etc. or something stronger?

Either way, I'll probably post tomorrow. I've yet to read the posts in the thread too, so Imma go through them first.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Well, on my end, Alistair's reasonably friendly and popular, so he may know various people. Matt's a recluse so most of the cast would likely only know him as that guy who lives in the house on the edge of town.

As for spells, while I'm not strictly going with the Persona spell system, in general terms we'd start with the basics and then 'level up' as we fight more in Avalon and gain more experience.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Leo's been in Misty Springs for three years, so he can know some people. I gave DVB permission for Leo and Diego to be friends, which works. Also, if it's ok with Ysa, I would also like Leo to know/be friendly with Carina (No, they haven't dated.) I imagine Leo has more female friends than male friends, and her personality seems like it'll work with his. And they have more in common then Leo knows. Hehe. B)

Last edited:

Liltwick

Well Alyssa has been living in the town her entire life, so she knows the Local, and everyone knows about the tragedy that befell her, unless they're new. (Which is about everyone's character) Jennike is a regular customer of hers, and she likes to befriend all of her customers.

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
Nick has lived in Misty Springs for 16 years, but he's generally only active at night and tends to hang around people his age, so besides Alyssa I'm not sure anyone would recognize him.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
The powr of FRIENDSHIP comppels you

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
@Billy: Well, if Nick moves mostly during nighttime it's entirely possible he and Cesaire have seen each other, if not necessarily interacted; he likes to wander around the town and the local graveyard at nights.

@storymasterb: Ah, that's what I figured about the skills, thanks for clearing that up!

Liltwick

Yea, Story, should sometime later in the Role Play have Alyssa explain to anyone who has a character who's only live in the down from 0-4 Years explain her back story? It might be a good story compelling moment

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Hmm... Louise has only lived in Misty Springs for two or three months, but she's fairly amiable, so whoever wants to could probably adopt her as a friend. Given current connections, she should at least know Leo to some degree, but other than that she's open.

@CandleReaper: I'm not the GM, but I would suggest that your character only go through their backstory if it becomes directly relevant to whatever's going on. Otherwise, it just feels artificial and shoehorned in. Besides, I think Story mentioned at some point that shadow selves aren't totally out of the question, and any sort of tragedy would make a great breeding ground for a shadow.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Hm, yeah. That's probably a good idea. Hm. Neither of my characters really work with that, since Alistair's been in MS his whole life, and Matt's about the same, bar his reclusiveness and time in college. You'd have to sort it out with someone else.

And ninjad. Blivsey makes a good point about relevance. Also, yeah, I'm still weighing up the idea of Shadow Selves. My big aversion to them is the size of our cast, which means I either spam them at us all at once, or spread them out and have them take a fair amount of time. That said, Shadow Selves fit very well with the idea I had for the overarching villain of this, and would carry on a proud series tradition, heh.

Liltwick

Well, that would be true, because what's the point of saying something and not having it be relevant to anything at all... I wonder what Shadow!Alyssa would be like if we included them