• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Persona: Fallen Paradise (Discussion Thread)

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
I just love that no one in this RPG has Bufu skills. Storymaster, I dare you to give us a boss battle where the only thing that can hit it is Bufu skill.s

Liltwick

Matt/Nidhoggr does. xD
Yea, but what's the odds Matt'a going to be in that battle anyways? I would love him to most likely evolve his person and pull a Big Damn Heros if that does happen/

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
So, boss info. I'll repost Ironside here so all five have their stats conveniently available:

Sir Ironside, the Red Knight
Arcana: Chariot
Weapon: Sword-claws
Primary Element: Fire/Physical
Slash: -
Strike: -
Pierce: Strong
Fire: Absorbs
Ice: Weak
Lightning: -
Wind: -
Light: -
Dark: -

Skills:
Maragi
Cleave
Agidyne
Rampage

Notes on Ironside: Its armor is basically very, very hot, so if you touch it, you're probably going to be burned. He's basically a furnace in plate armor. Like, insides are literally fire. Blades are hot too. Basically, any physical contact is probably going to get you burned. He does have weak spots, like his joints and eyes, and basically if you find a way to break his armor then he loses his structural integrity and just falls apart.

Sir Perarde, the Black Knight
Arcana: The Chariot
Weapon: Greatsword
Primary Element: Darkness/Physical
Slash: Strong
Pierce: -
Fire: -
Ice: -
Light: Weak
Dark: Absorb

Skills:
Revolution
Rampage
Skull Cracker
Mudo

Sir Pertolope, the Green Knight
Arcana: The Magician
Weapon: Twin longswords
Primary Element: Wind/Physical
Lightning: Weak
Wind: Absorb

Skills:
Maguru
Tarunda
Rakunda
Sukunda

These two will herd two groups into one and fight as a team. General strategy is that Pertolope harasses with his superior agility and debuffs, opening the way for his brother Perarde, who is much slower but also much strong. Perarde mainly packs close-range attacks, and can be avoided fairly easily under normal circumstances, but his team-up with Pertolope means you'll likely be fighting while debuffed, making things harder. Regarding their weakness, both are incorporeal, but in different ways. Perarde is basically an armored knight made of shadows so only certain parts are solid. Slashing weapons will most likely just go through his incorporeal parts. Pertolope on the other hand can make parts of his body go incorporeal to a degree, but since he has to focus on specific areas, he can avoid stabbing attacks easily but is more susceptible to wide slashes. Perarde also has Revolution to buff himself and his brother, and Skull Cracker just to be really irritating.
Now then, other two:

Sir Perymones, the Puce Knight
Arcana: Justice
Weapon: Longsword and shield
Primary Element: Ice/Physical
Pierce: -
Fire: Weak
Ice: Absorb

Skills:
Arm Chopper
Cell Breaker
Mabufu
Stagnant Air

Perymones is basically all about being intimidating. He's essentially a juggernaut who doesn't get tired and won't stop coming. On top of that, he has Enervation and Fear ailments as side effects to his physical attacks, and Stagnant Air to make those ailments go off more often. Mabufu is there to be nasty as well. Also, he's deathly cold to the touch and his sword can freeze things it touches over time. So yeah. Nasty piece of work, since although he doesn't have the variety of resists the others do, he gets by being a hard-to-kill SOB with a ton of endurance.

And finally:

Sir Persaunte, the Indigo Knight
Arcana: The Emperor
Weapon: Lance
Primary Element: Lightning
Slash: Strong
Strike: Strong
Lightning: Absorb
Dark: Weak

Skills:
Mazio
Zionga
Dia
Elec Break

Ah, Persaunte. His gimmick is basically spamming you to death with lightning from across the battlefield. He'll have Shadow minions running around too, all of whom have electrically-charged swords (read: they deal Lightning damage), so his Elec Break opens you up to a mob. They can generally go down to one good hit, but Persaunte is well-armored and resists all physical attempts to hurt him, so yeah. Also if lightning strikes and he's not throwing it from his lance, he's just summoned more Shadows to pester you. So yeah. Best way to take him down is to try and spam magic, basically. Dark magic if anyone on the team fighting him has it ought to work wonders, since he's weak to it.

Basically, Alistair's group can have a post or two of fighting Ironside, then I'll drop these four on the other groups.

Pir8Heart

ƸӜƷ
Well, got around to posting, attempted to cast Pulinpa on Ironside. It's settled, Aika's post in Avalon are basic comic-relief. XD

Pulinpa apparently has a 4/10 chance of effectiveness, according to my skill-chart, but I'm not sure how that would play out on a boss... :p

Last edited:

Liltwick

Wishing everyone here a Happy New year and to the hope the RPG lasts through the year! Right now Alyssa would be making everyone their favorite cupcake!

Well, at the current matter at hand, still waiting for certain people to post... Someone rescue Shin, I don't want him to awaken to Alyssa in her panties >.>

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Yeah, I basically just assigned the knights at fairly random. I can't have much control over Perarde, Pertolope and Perymones without somewhat messing with your characters, so generally I'll be trusting you guys with fighting them from now on. I can handle Ironside and Persaunte, since Alistair and Matt respectively are fighting them.

Future boss fights will probably have us less divided up. Like, I have ideas for seven Shadow version of legendary heroes. And we'll fight each of those with all of us against them and maybe their Shadow minions. I'm kinda set on two, Theseus and Odysseus. I have some ideas for who the others might be, like maybe Karna, though I need to work on my concept for him. Since as is all I've really got is Persaunte but on steroids. I also have ideas for a few other bosses who I'd rather not share just yet because they're not fully ironed out and I want to keep them under wraps until I implement them.

Also I may end these by having the Guardians of Avalon swoop in for a rescue. I'll almost certainly be having Sir Gareth show up to help fight Ironside to call back to the myth.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Maybe I'll post something later today. No promises though.

Warning: Slight bunnying of Carina and Dani may ensue. Cesaire can crawl into a hole and die. I'm sure he'd like that too. :p

Also, Phoenix is Light, were facing a Boss with Darkness, which Phoenix is weak too, and she doesn't know Hama yet... Well, there's still Gabriel. xD

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Posted. I danced a lot around the exact positions and conditions of Diego, Alyssa and Shin. If Kiruria wants to give me a heads-up about how much Shin recovers and whether Rokuten Maou is about doing things, I can edit in that detail, otherwise we can just run with what we've got. Ideally, I'd think that Dia should bring him around enough to make a run for it, at least.

Louise's current strategy for Perymones: Hide in the forest, make him chase them where he can't maneuver around, and whittle him down with sneak attacks. Feel free to bunny her doing a bit of that if it helps you move things along.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Shin is pretty much fully recovered thanks to Jeanne's healing, but he's still damp and covered in sand. And currently his plan is to slow down Perymones while the others have time to escape, so that he won't catch them along the way. The fact that Rokuten Maou is resistant to Ice comes in real handy here. I also think Merlin should help, because his fire techniques will be "super-effective" against Perymones. Meanwhile, Shin's contributing by inserting Annoying Arrows into Perymones. That should slow him down a bit too.

Of course, with Shin's taunt and everything, I think Perymones will be focusing on him for a while. When I posted, I had not yet read storymasterb's post here about letting us control the knights, so for now I guess we can assume Perymones and Rokuten Maou are in the middle of a sword fight. Over time Rokuten Maou will probably slow down due to strikes by Perymones' sword (despite his ice resistance) and Perymones will continue his pursuit of the others, but will be a little behind by then.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
You can control the knights, since they're NPCs.

OF all the knights, I'd say Persaunte will be the most difficult. Lightning spam attached to staying out of reach and minions to bog you down. Which is really difficult to deal with, especially since Persaunte can Elec Break away resistances to lightning.

Still considering dropping in the Guardians of Avalon to help finish the fights. If I do, Gareth will show up to finish Ironside for lolmyth. Not sure who'd fight the others. Maybe more Knights of the Round Table.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
I'm around, apparently. Now to figure out what Carina's up to (apparently fighting some Time Mage/Heavy Knight combo).

Oh, and I figured I'd work on her status sheet, but ran into a bit of a problem as Undine's apparently an odd Water element in a system without Water, hah... and that she has a sleep inducing spell when there doesn't seem to be any such thing in SMT games. I was wondering if I should rework her into a more dedicated healer, although it seems we have plenty of characters with healing skills.

I'll try to post once I figure out how to fit Undine in better.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I'm around, apparently. Now to figure out what Carina's up to (apparently fighting some Time Mage/Heavy Knight combo).

Oh, and I figured I'd work on her status sheet, but ran into a bit of a problem as Undine's apparently an odd Water element in a system without Water, hah... and that she has a sleep inducing spell when there doesn't seem to be any such thing in SMT games. I was wondering if I should rework her into a more dedicated healer, although it seems we have plenty of characters with healing skills.

I'll try to post once I figure out how to fit Undine in better.

You've already had Undine use Water and heal, and people have responded to it, unless we retcon... Keep the Water, SMT games have Water. Replace the Sleeping Spell with a Charm spell. (We need a female charmer, the others are male. xD)

Last edited:

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Water's fine...it's unique. XD I remember earlier Persona games had Water, along with Earth (Remember Terri? She was built around the "harvest goddess" or "Queen of Pentacles" concept, so Earth was fitting.) Carina seems like a Queen of Cups to me, so Water and healing combo works well. XD

And yeah, keep her a Red Mage of sorts...I'd like the pink girl to have some offensive prowess of her own. XD

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Uh... why is this RPG slowing down all of a sudden? There are quite a few people in this RPG, so I didn't expect it to be this slow... I just posted to keep the RPG alive, but I can't be the only one...

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I think storymaster really hasn't been posting as much. I can try and post later on.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Uh... why is this RPG slowing down all of a sudden? There are quite a few people in this RPG, so I didn't expect it to be this slow... I just posted to keep the RPG alive, but I can't be the only one...

Agreed!

I'm gonna be blunt. Leo is the only one in his group who's active, and I would really really really really REALLY appreciate a post from someone in that group so I have someone to interact with, and so I don't have to bunny everybody in the group. >_>

Ysa, GH, anyone, I could use some help. :3 Please and thank you.

Either that, another group merge so I can get with someone active, or the shenanigans in Avalon to finish.

Last edited:

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
I'm here and I'm working on a post. I'd have it done today, but I got assigned a paper to write over the weekend. :/

Anyway, I'll be jumping right in as opposed to trying to re-cap things. That way I can get things rolling for my characters again without taking too long.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Well, less than half of everyone has checked a post in since the bosses were set loose. That'd be part of it. I haven't posted in a while, either, but I don't want team Alyssa/Diego/Louise/Shin to be way ahead of the others (we currently are responsible for seven of the last nine posts in the main thread).

That said, I still intend on updating Louise's position in the next day or two within the week, after another person outside her group posts. She'll probably still be wimping out of an actual fight surviving in the trees. (You people attacking a fifteen-foot titan are crazy.)

Last edited: