• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Persona: Fallen Paradise (RPG Thread, PG-13)

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
XIII. Jannike Mortensen
Mortensen Residence
21.07.2012, 6:00 PM

Janna sat in front of her computer, her eyes heavy, bags of new purchases at the door and a half-empty can of Heineken next to her. Alistair's words still rung in her head, and they were both comforting and bothersome at the same time. He had practically assured her that the zombie was not a possibility, and that whatever it was, he wouldn't let anything bad happen to her. Unfortunately, it also had the side-effect of making her think of Alistair more than once after that. His green eyes, his smile, his touch...he was both hot and nice after all...a pretty rare combination from her experience.

Man, what the hell am I thinking? I've been reading too many erotic novels lately...

"What's the matter with me?" She muttered as she got up and headed for her bed, unfastening the cord of her black silk robe and reminding herself of the whispers. She was damaged goods and she knew it. Casual flings, one-night stands, losing her virginity at sixteen...Alistair was too good for her. He was probably never going to like her that way even if she wanted to and even if he knew. Shaking him out of her head, she climbed up onto her bed, beckoning for Lupus to come up. The pure white Northern Inuit bounded up, his tongue hanging and his tail wagging. Having woken up extremely early, she felt that she needed a nap, and a pretty good one at that. She allowed Lupus to curl up next to her before she got under the black silk sheets and closed her eyes.

Avalon
???, ???

The butterfly, it materialized in front of her again, fluttering in front of her very eyes. Instinctively, the teenager followed it, remembering her promise. This was just one of the very few surprises her life in Misty Springs had, and it definitely was a welcome change. She followed it to the light, her civilian clothing replacing her nudity, the hair she let down before she slept fixing itself back up into its usual ponytail and the scythe she wielded the night before appearing in her hand.

And then, the ghostly man appeared, after which she felt the familiar falling feeling. Down, down...until everything turned black.

Janna woke up to the sounds of the seashore. Waves crashed, the winds blew and she found herself lying on the soft sand once again. Getting back on her feet, she picked up her scythe, which lay next to her, and looked around. Definitely more than four people around this time. It looked more like everyone from that room was present. She caught Alistair's smile, and she faked a salute at him as she grinned back.

"So... who are we all?" he finally said. "For all of you who don't know me... I'm Alistair. Alistair Blake." He said, allowing everyone to introduce themselves.

A different man introduced himself as Matt. He was older, though probably no older than thirty. Then Alyssa did the same. Janna's full height of six feet allowed her to be pretty much seen by about everyone. It didn't hurt to introduce herself either.

"Jannike Mortensen, though you probably heard my name from...Igor, was it? Just call me 'Janna' though." She said, introducing herself before she looked towards Alyssa, who was now telling people to group for combat reasons. She strode towards Alyssa, knowing very well that she had never even seen her Persona.

But I don't even know what my damn Persona is or is capable of...

"Alyssa, can we think about that once...I...get to see my Persona? I mean, I haven't even seen mine yet, let alone fight with mine." She murmured, before heading back to everyone else.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Alyssa H. Lovelock
Avalon
???

"Alyssa, can we think about that once...I...get to see my Persona? I mean, I haven't even seen mine yet, let alone fight with mine." Janna murmured, before heading back to everyone else. She also saw Diego come to her and introduce his friend Louise

"Nice to meet you Loiuse." Alyssa said with a curt bow, before speaking out once more

"Since you guys might be a little shaky on what you're Persona is... I guess we should just use Practice Matches. I can sense that 9 of us has awakened their Persona, including me. Since the other ten of you don't know who they are... Maybe we should do one on one Matches first..." She spoke out, and then whispered to Diego "Hey, wanna be my opponent?" She asked him.

She then looked back onto the waves, and waited to see if those eyes have returned. They have, and for some odd reason she felt the Tarot Card forming into her head, she looked at everyone, who were doing a myriad of things. She then decided she shouldn't. Not yet at least.

Well... Maybe one use wouldn't hurt, right? Oh well... I don't even know if Valkyrie has any good powers next to that lightning spell... What ever that is... What was that spell again?

"Mazio!" Alyssa shouted, forgetting to keep her thoughts to herself. She then held her Tarot card closer to her heart, and moved to a clearing that nobody was occupied in.

"Alright then... Who's up first?" Alyssa asked the crowd as she stuck her gunblade into the ground, taking off her glasses and putting them in her pocket.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
XVI - Alistair Blake
Avalon
?, ?

"Since you guys might be a little shaky on what you're Persona is... I guess we should just use Practice Matches. I can sense that 9 of us has awakened their Persona, including me. Since the other ten of you don't know who they are... Maybe we should do one on one Matches first..."

"That's a bad idea," Alistair replied. "Fighting now would only make us tired before we've even met any of those... monsters." Seeing Alyssa conjure her Tarot card, he focused, instinctively drawing forth his own. The card marked XVI formed in his grip, ready to be shattered at a moment's notice. "We can't afford to tire each other out now... not with things like that out there. As for splitting up, even if those of us without Personae can still fight, there's still the risk of a group getting massively outnumbered and being stuck without help. We can't risk it... this isn't a game. We can't make horror movie mistakes here and get someone killed. I... I won't let it happen."

"Alistair's right," Matt agreed. "Fighting with each other isn't something we can just do. Maybe back in the real world... but not here, not when we could get killed by one of those monsters. We can't afford to be below our best before we've even started to fight."

"It's not just about those of us who don't have their Personae yet..." Alistair murmured. "This isn't a movie or a game or something. We can't just rush in and split up and stuff. Because if we do that... chances are we'll just get ourselves killed. I don't want to return home only to find out that one of you hasn't woken up. I just... I can't accept that. Not when if we act smartly and don't fall into those typical mistakes, we have a much better chance of staying alive." As he spoke, the images were crowding at his mind, the very images he was trying to deny. Janna... Carina... Matt... one of them falling dead amidst these black sands. He didn't want to see that happening. He didn't want to feel so helpless. Even if he barely knew many of these people, seeing any of them die would be... he didn't want to imagine it.

"We can't mess around... not when there's so much at stake. When this world is so dangerous..." he said softly. "Do you see where I'm coming from, Alyssa? It's too dangerous to separate us out that way. And these sparring matches... not here. We can meet back in the real world and find a way to practice, but here... it's just too dangerous. We don't know when those monsters might attack again."

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
[XVII] Louise Henrietta DuBois
DuBois Residence
21.07.12 - Saturday Evening

Louise fell flat on her bed, staring at the ceiling. Despite the frankly embarrassing amount of time she had spent in the library today, her efforts had gotten her a load of what-might-bes rather than any sort of what-is. Even web searches for the "Yu" and "Minato" who had been mentioned resulted in thousands of results, none helpful. Part of that was due to how slowly she had to read in English to catch everything, and part of it was the inherently abstract nature of the subject material. But mostly she was just beginning to feel like this was something that she couldn't properly understand - the only people that really knew more about "Avalon" and "Personae" in the sense of the word that she cared about were Igor and his assistants, and they kinda seemed hard to talk to properly. So, maybe she'd have to figure this all out by experience?

No matter how hard she thought on this, Louise wasn't going to come to any meaningful conclusions tonight, so she banished the thoughts from her mind. The first distraction within reach - her cell phone - proved to be a worthy choice the second she grabbed for it. Apparently Diego had left a message while she was in the library with it off:

Hey Louise, I was thinking we could spar. I found a claymore at a pawn shop. We can go later and see f we can something so we can train together

Louise furrowed her brow for a fraction of a second, then released it into a smile. Of course, he was only joking - there was no way that he would have gone out and just bought a sword. So, what was his "claymore," then? Probably little more than a fire-poker, if that. She lazily replied with an affirmative that she couldn't remember the details of before heading off to slip into pajamas.

???

Falling. Gently, she was falling. Not the sort of terrifying plummet experienced from a high place, but almost more like she was floating downward, deeper into her dreams. She could just make something out below her - it was small and faint, but definitely there, and gradually approaching. Or, rather, she was gradually approaching it.

It had the same feel as the world from last night. That blue glow... the butterfly again? She reached one hand towards the insect, but her descent would not hasten at all. Though it remained out of reach, they grew closer, bit by bit, the blue glow brightening steadily. Soon it could hardly be called a glow, but rather a light, and then it was shining in her eyes, blinding her.

Then it receded.

As the light receded, Louise found that she was no longer falling, but standing upright on sand. It was surprisingly cool for a beach - almost unreal. Her eyes still strained from the light, she dabbed at her eyes with her left hand, finding clutched in it a blue card. On second look, it was clearly marked with the roman numeral XIV. Fortune. In her right hand she was already clutching the glaive which had done her so much good last night. Even as she was getting her bearings, the others appeared from smoke and mist, gathered armed as she already was. This world had brought them here already equipped to fight for their lives.

What a reassuring notion.

Louise made note of the others' names, giving her own in turn, and found herself quickly accosted by Diego and his friend Alyssa into joining a group under the assumption that everyone would be more comfortable defending themselves in small groups. Before she could even object, Diego had already dragged the three of them together and Alyssa was already practically bowing to her.

"My pleasure," she replied, grinning back. She admired Alyssa for just a second - long and copper hair, a sweet air about her, why did Diego seem to know so many cute girls? Still, she felt ready to challenge the idea of splitting up - it would, after all, be safer to stick with the power-in-numbers mentality in such a strange land, though this idea never left her lips.

Indeed, she was prematurely interrupted by a suggestion from Alyssa that everyone get into a sort of sparring match. Another boy, Alistair, cut that idea off right where it was. In fact, he went onto a near-rant about how they needed to take everything very seriously, that survival was of the highest priority. That was true, of course, but he and a young man older than the rest, Matt, had a fair back-and-forth about it, descending progressively to we're-gonna-die-if-we're-not-careful levels. Perhaps they were taking a bit too far? They needed to keep some hope in their systems, after all - gloom 'n' doom would drag them down almost as fast as recklessness.

"Ah, yes, that reminds me!" Louise piped up, raising her hand and trying to relieve a modicum of tension. "We should all meet tomorrow - in the real world, I mean. Maybe... noon, at the school? We should at least stay in contact there."

She quickly looked between the others gathered, gauging the response before gesturing at the nearby building and adding a second suggestion, "But we should get moving, too. Maybe to the castle? We're in the open, standing here." As if to nudge the others in her direction, she edged a bit in the direction of the castle, just about a step or two.

Liltwick

Alyssa H. Lovelock
Avalon
???

Alyssa shot the nastiest look she could manage at Alistair and Matt. They had a point about the sparring, but the first part was just overkill. She looked at them, and pointed her gunblade at both of them

"Remember who you're talking to. The second thing,I have to agree with you guys, but the first one is uncalled for. Claiming that it's dangerous and we'd get killed is very likely, even if we all stayed together, but it's the best we got. Think about it tactically for a second. If we engage in a battle with one of the Shadows that Igor mentioned 18 to 1, we'd be tripping over each other's feet. I remember that their was about seven or eight harpies that attacked us, and four of us when they did. I was able to save my group with Mazio, and I'm sure the rest of you who used your Persona did the same. I know that you're being cautious, but think about it just for a second... would it be wiser for us to split up into smaller and more reasonable teams to explorer the place more and understand our surroundings better, or stay in one giagantic group where we're a giant target wearing a "Slaughter Us" Sign." Alyssa berated the two men, justifying her reason why they should split up into smaller groups.

"Ah, yes, that reminds me!" Louise piped up, raising her hand and trying to relieve a modicum of tension. "We should all meet tomorrow - in the real world, I mean. Maybe... noon, at the school? We should at least stay in contact there."

"Um, sweety, we're in the middle of July... We don't have school during July in America. I think a better place would be a bookstore I know. The owner has a conference room in the back that's hidden, so we might be able to converse there." Alyssa replied to her as Louise suggested they should head towards the giant Citadel in the sky.

"That seems the most logical, but maybe we should train around the beach some more against any Shadows we find? I just have a bad feeling about that place... Also, does this place have a map? It would be a lot better if it did..." Alyssa sighed as she walked forward, pointing her gunblade at the Citadel.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I- Diego Vendrix
The Infinite Fields of Thought
DreamTime

"Since you guys might be a little shaky on what you're Persona is... I guess we should just use Practice Matches. I can sense that 9 of us has awakened their Persona, including me. Since the other ten of you don't know who they are... Maybe we should do one on one Matches first..." Alyssa spoke out, and then whispered to Diego "Hey, wanna be my opponent?" She asked him. Before Diego could answer, she asked the whole group. He wondered what she was thinking.

Diego then heard to listen to Alistair's and Matt's refusals and their explanations as to why not. He had to not. They did have several valid points. He did admit he could warm up just a bit. Diego then saw Alyssa chew out the guys. Diego liked Louise's idea of meeting at the school though Alyssa told her the school was closed.

"She meant the school grounds..." Diego said. It made sense, seeing as it was where most if virtually not all of them know and went to. He then heard the suggestion of the bookstore. Diego saw the large Citadel as he was thinking.

"That seems the most logical, but maybe we should train around the beach some more against any Shadows we find? I just have a bad feeling about that place... Also, does this place have a map? It would be a lot better if it did..." Alyssa sighed as she walked forward, pointing her gunblade at the Citadel.

"Regardless, we have to be careful. I wonder where our mysterious hosts from the last time we were here are at. I suppose we should head to the Citadel. That seems to be our only lead. I suppose I agree with both sides of te argument regarding whether to remain together or splitting up. I suppose it is best to be flexible and what it is either way. In this case, we split up but we head toward the same destination and regroup," Diego elaborated on.

"I suppose, Alyssa, Louise and myself are a team. Jannike, Alistair and Matt could be another..." Diego said as he was thinking.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
XIX - Leonardo "Leo" Silverstone
Saturday
Silverstone Residence

After finally getting home, the first thing Leo did was get on the computer, and do reaserch on his Tarot Card. He was very happy with what he had come to find. There were a lot of vague meanings, but the key words that stuck out to him were Happiness, Enthusiasm, Energy, and Self-confidence, among others. Leo couldn't help but chuckle at how fitting a lot of that was. "Wow, they pretty much got me down to a T!" Ironically, a very approriate song just happened to be playing, coming from his little sister's TV.

♪Come on everypony
Smile, smile, smile!
Fill my heart up with sunshine,
Sunshine!
All I really need's a smile, smile, smile!
From these happy friends of mine!♪

The moment was ruined when Lilly came home. "Oh hey Lil! how was your date..."

She didn't give much of a response. "It wasn't a date... And it went as well as one would expect..." Then she went to her room without giving him any further information. Then his phone started beeping, saying he had recieved a text message, it was from Diego.

Hey Leo, glad you agreed with me in Avalon. We better learn how to wield our weapons. I was thinking meditating would help us also. Happy almost Birthday

Leo wasn't really much of meditator, and wasn't sure how much it would help. He wasn't really good at sitting still, not thinking for that long, it just make him anxious instead of the intended effect of being relaxing.

In all of this Avalon business, Leo had actually forgotten that his Birthday was soon approaching. "I still haven't figured out what I'm gonna do for that." Leo immediately sent him a text back.

Thanks! And your welcome. ^w^ I'm just upset I didn't get to say it first. :p lol

See ya in Avalon!

Then, Leo went back to his reserch. He then looked up Lilly's arcana, The Heirophant. It was funny that apparently meant "The Pope" but she's a girl. "I guess not everyone's card fits as perfectly as mine does. Some of the keywords he found for it made sense for her though. Education, Knowledge..." it also represented rules and authority. "Well, yeah. She can be a party pooper sometimes."

?
Avalon

As he expected, ecerything was dark, and he couldn't see anything but himself, and the luminescent blue butterfly. He went after it. Slowly, his clothes started appearing on him, almost like a magical girl type transformation. his red tank top, his jeans, his sneakers, his favorite pair of goggles on top of his head, ending with the sword appearing his hands. Then he fell through a void, while seeing the leader of this operation Philemon smile at him.

Then there he was, on the shores of Avalon. Everyone that had been at the Velvet Room earlier was there. This was good, we would need all the help we can get. He smiled and waved to some of the people he knew, like Diego, Carina, Louise, Janna. After Alistair, Matt, and a few others introduced themselves. Finally, it was Leo's turn.

"Hey guys. I'm Leo! I'm sure most of you have seen me around town before though. If anyone needs a friend to talk to, or someone to brighten their day, that's what I'm here for." He said while taking a bow. "I am The Sun after all." Ending his speech with a wink, and a giggle.

V - Lillian "Lilly Silverstone
?
Avalon

And here she was again, back in this place. She wasn't willing to admit it, but she actually enjoyed beating up monsters last night. This type of thing is an RPer's dream come true. What she could do without however, were all these people. She was never really fond of crowds. They were so noisy and she never knew how to jump in on a conversation. She tried to go as far back as possible, to hopefully blend in with the crowd, not be noticed, and remain hidden untill Shadows show up.

Last edited:

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
XVI - Alistair Blake
Avalon
?

Alistair was shocked into silence by Alyssa's retort. He couldn't understand. Didn't she see? Couldn't she recognize that this wasn't a game? Groups of three could easily be overwhelmed and killed. And yet, he could see the sense in her argument. It was just... images kept flooding him, images of the others cut down, lying dead at his feet. He couldn't bear them.

She kept talking, talking about the citadel, talking as Louise suggested meeting in real life. But it seemed so... light-hearted. As though the true gravity of those world was lost on them. As though... they didn't understand. He couldn't find words to answer her. Those images were crowding him and stunning him into silence.

Matt spoke up. "Louise is right. We need to start meeting in the real world. If we're going to be fighting this out together, we'll need to practice and get to know one another." He paused. "I can see the merits in separating, Alyssa. But I can also see where Alistair's coming from. We could split up, but if we do, I would recommend keeping the groups at a fair size to reduce the risk of a group being outnumbered and overwhelmed. Perhaps four or five people each. Accounting for Personae, that gives each group eight to ten fighters, which should be enough for them to avoid just being overwhelmed by a group of those monsters."

Alistair heard the words, and while they should have been something he accepted, even such a reasonable suggestion, he just couldn't bring himself to. Those terrible images were still there. To have one of them dead... to have their corpse at his feet and their blood on his hands...

"I..." he murmured, trying to gather his thoughts. Trying to form some coherent answer.

Then the sands exploded and shadows poured from them, cutting through the group and tossing them apart. The beach was broken asunder and divided by the roiling tide of darkness, tearing the group from each other and tossing them to the mercy of the raging sands.

"Janna! Matt!" Alistair cried aloud as the darkness snatched him away, throwing him down into the sands. He burst through them desperately, reaching for air, for his allies. Then the shadows ripped him into the sky and smashed him down. He blacked out momentarily and rose to find himself with three others tossed onto a small isle of sand amidst the storm of darkness. Groaning with the pain that ripped up his arms and through his ribs, he rose, and as he did they emerged from the darkness. Masked with white bone and clad in black chitinous armor, wielding viciously bladed and barbed whips, blades and white-hot irons in hand. Cackling the tormented, insane things approached, ready for battle.

Alistair gripped his sword in hand, having somehow kept his grip on it. In his other hand, the Tarot card reformed from light, the Shadows recoiling slightly at the sight of it. Alistair glanced around, taking in the raging shadows surrounding the battlefield.

"You're in my way," he said softly. "I don't know what happened to the others... but if any of them are dead... I'll make you pay hell for it." He looked back at the other three. "Let's do this and find the others."

He turned back to the Shadows, raising his Tarot card and tossing it into the air, swinging his sword. The card shattered like glass as the blade parted it, shards of light raining on Alistair as he called out. "Mordred!"

Darkness pooled behind him, and then shadows were rushing past him. His Persona struck in a flare of steel, silent and deadly. The knight's swords crashed on a white-hot glaive and the Shadow he fought cackled like a lunatic, glaring with mad bloody eyes into Mordred's golden irises.

"With me!" Alistair cried to the others, preparing himself to charge.

-

IX - Matthew Clark
Sundered Waste, Avalon
?

Matt groaned. He rose up, using his halberd to prop himself up as he stood. Around him, three others were scattered, left on the sand. They were groaning and rising too. Around them, the shadows danced and raged, darkness ravaging the air and tearing up the sand.

"What happened... what was that?" he groaned. "Was it that power... the one they were talking about?" Suddenly worried, he readied his halberd, reaching into himself. That dark cold power was there, he could feel it like ice in his heart. But he couldn't reach it, couldn't bring it to the surface and unleash it into the world.

There came a terrible sound of hissing and then the shadows parted, creatures emerging. Stalking forwards, the things were lithe and animalistic, ghoul-like beings with dark marks covering their faces. Their arms ended in vicious blades and they scuttled on withered, clawed legs, barbed tails lashing around behind them. The Shadows hissed viciously, glaring at the humans with hunger.

Matt readied his halberd. Terror was filling him, but he knew he couldn't run. He couldn't leave the others to die. "With me," he said. "We'll get through this."

The Shadows charged with those terrible hisses, and Matt braced himself...

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
XIII. Jannike Mortensen
Avalon
???, ???

Alyssa refused to listen, instead suggesting sparring matches, pitting the ones without Personae against the ones who already had awakened theirs. Janna did not like the idea. What of the ones without Personae, especially the younger ones? Fortunately, Alistair shot down the idea, stating that it was unreasonable. Alyssa was adamant however, stating that splitting up into triads was the best way to go about the situation.

"Remember who you're talking to. The second thing,I have to agree with you guys, but the first one is uncalled for. Claiming that it's dangerous and we'd get killed is very likely, even if we all stayed together, but it's the best we got. Think about it tactically for a second. If we engage in a battle with one of the Shadows that Igor mentioned 18 to 1, we'd be tripping over each other's feet. I remember that their was about seven or eight harpies that attacked us, and four of us when they did. I was able to save my group with Mazio, and I'm sure the rest of you who used your Persona did the same. I know that you're being cautious, but think about it just for a second... would it be wiser for us to split up into smaller and more reasonable teams to explorer the place more and understand our surroundings better, or stay in one giagantic group where we're a giant target wearing a "Slaughter Us" Sign." She stated, before taking a suggestion from the dark-skinned beauty who Janna remembered from the Velvet Room earlier to meet up in the real world.

Matthew then spoke up, agreeing with the girl, whom Janna learned was named Louise, as well as defending Alistair and offering the compromise of splitting up into larger groups for safety. Janna walked over to Alyssa and grabbed her shoulder.

"Enough, Alyssa. I am not allowing anyone's blood on my fucking hands tonight. Never again. Sometimes, you shouldn't be so stubborn." She whispered, looking at the older girl. She couldn't help but remember what had happened to her mother and brother back when she was twelve. Though, because of her father, she knew that she wasn't responsible for it, she knew the feeling of guilt and loss for just standing there too well and looking back, it wasn't the best time in her life. Now that she was older, she knew that she could do something, look out for her comrades, take care of them...

"Janna! Matt!" Alistair's cry distracted Janna, urging her to look back only to see the sands exploding and dark shadows spreading. In a matter of seconds, the shadows reached Janna and pushed her down, forcing her to wince as the pressure hurt her large breasts. She struggled to break away, get back on her feet but before she could, the shadows tossed her up into the air and dropped her. She landed roughly on her back, pain searing through it and her chest as she got back on her knees, then on her feet. While she had fallen, she let go of her scythe, and seeing it lying next to her, she grabbed it immediately. She looked back and saw that dark warriors had emerged from the shadows, as well as Alistair trying to fight them off, the latter summoning Mordred soon after.

"With me!" He cried out, to which Janna nodded as she ran forward. Where she landed was surrounded by a shadowy storm, from which more of the warriors emerged. A lashing, searing pain erupted from her right arm and she turned to her side to see one of the Shadows, grinning maliciously at her as it held its white-hot whip. It lashed out again, forcing her to turn around to take the hit on her back. While the leather of her corset protected her mid-back, the exposed skin on her upper and lower back were now bleeding like her arm. She looked back and saw that the Shadow was raising its whip once again. Instinctively, she swung her scythe at it and sliced off half of the whip as she did. Seeing this as her chance, she ran towards Alistair.

"Right here, Alistair!" She exclaimed as she joined Alistair, ready to swing her scythe.

Liltwick

XI Alyssa H. Lovelock
Avalon
???, ???

She just gave a small nod to Matt, Alyssa was already lost in her own thoughts. She looked ad the tower with a sort of unearthly curiosity. It was as if it was attracting her somewhere, no, it was attracting her to there. She did have another answer for Alistair, but she just decided to keep it in her head. She had to be strong, but not intimidating. She needed the strength to show them, but not power.

Alistair, everyone who was here can see those images, the blood-shed, the piles or organs scattered and crushed bones. Bodies mutilated so that they can't even be recognized. Though... Think about it. Everyone who awakened their persona last time... Was about to die. It seems fear is one of the few things that allows us to evoke our personae. My only goal is to protect you guys, but I shouldn't have blown up at you like that. I mean, all of us have some sort of heartfelt cry or another at one point in our lives. At least Matt can see the light in my suggestion.

Though, a voice broke her from her thoughts. It was a familiar voice, as if it was a sort of whisper.

"Enough, Alyssa. I am not allowing anyone's blood on my fucking hands tonight. Never again. Sometimes, you shouldn't be so stubborn." Janna whispered *** she looked at her. Alyssa was taken... a back.

What the- No, I can't be... I'm going to have to ask her later. Alyssa thought to herself as she saw an eruption of shadows.

They almost seemed to go for people with out personae, and Janna was already down. Who else was down? Who else might die here? She saw Alistair rushing towards Janna, freeing her from her clutched wit hModred, but she was distract to long, and felt them on her. She almost struggled, but she knew it would only make them into a frenzy. She felt them crawling over her skin, as if constricting and binding her. She felt like she was going to scream, but she then felt another force within her mind, and seemed desperate to stay alive. Even though it was a familiar feeling to her, it was just that, it felt different. It was like all of the malice on the world was forced onto her, chocking her and holding her down. She felt them getting tighter, and they started to attack her. She had only enough time to utter a word, and she hoped it was going to help.

"Mazio!" Shr almsot cried out as Valkyrie appeared, sending down lightning onto her attacks. She could almost hear the distort cries of the shadows writhing in agony, but the still pursued her. She had Valkyrie fire of a couple more Mazio's, but it seemed one of the enemies was immune, and it was coming towards her fast. Though, it seemed a sort of awakening had occurred inside of herself, and she charged at it, looking for a spot of vulnerability. She thought she saw a weak-spot on it's neck, and ran up with a look of sheer determination. She swung her gunblade as hard as she could, and surprisingly, it was easy. Alyssa's hand had a sort of muscle memory for wielding the weapon before..

"That's right, this feels like a tennis racket. Valkyrie, get me the head. "She ordered as her Persona flew up and tossed her the head. She then looked at the on coming shadow's coming towards her, she through the head in the air, and served it with the flat part of the blade. Right as it landed, Alyssa ordered Valkyrie to use another Mazio, which almost seemed to instantly get rid of the shadow's attacking her.

"Only through death, will a soul be truly saved..." Alyssa muttered to the shadows. She then had Valkryie use Rose Shield on her, and started to head towards the forest.

"Everyone close by, follow me!" Alyssa yelled, hoping to get out of the fight more then needed. She was one of the few one's with Persona for now, she couldn't waste her Persona's ability. She sat down by a tree, out of breath, looking at the wounds she ignored in her rage.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
XVI - Alistair Blake
Sundered Waste, Avalon
?

Mordred loosed flames from the air, searing across the cackling things. The fire tore across their ranks and was followed by black steel, Alistair's Persona meeting their shrieks with silent flares of his dark blades. The Shadows fell, ripped asunder and tossed to the dust by the knight.

Fighting beside Janna, Alistair clashed blades with a leering, laughing thing. His sword met its white-hot blade, and he kicked it back, pressing the attack as it stumbled. The creature reacted like lightning, instantly countering his thrust and reaching with grasping talons. He gasped in pain as his arm was caught by the vice-like grip, claws digging through his clothes and into his skin. Blood welled around the wounds and he snarled, before the thing went limp as one of Mordred's swords pierced through it.

Alistair knocked the Shadow away as his Persona twisted aside to face another, only to be suddenly struck. A whip lashed into him and smacked him back into Janna, tearing through his clothes as it did so. Blood seeped in his shirt and he hissed in pain. Flames ripped through the air and washed over the Shadow, making it howl as Alistair lunged and stabbed it through the chest with his blade. The thing fell as he kicked it away, his wounds burning with pain. Another Shadow leapt at him and he just barely prevented its blade from cleaving his face by intersecting his sword, but he was still knocked staggering back. He stood back-to-back with Janna, groaning with the effort of keeping the Shadow off him, and he could see more stalking to him.

Mordred burst through the Shadows, trailing blackness and fire. The Persona staked Shadows on the blades of his swords, consuming them in hellish fire, and as he killed them indiscriminately, not a sound escaped Alistair's black knight. Not even as a Shadow fell into pieces at his blades did so much as a breath escape the dark warrior. It was almost terrifying to watch Mordred at work, so effortlessly cutting down these nightmares.

Mordred's flames ripped across the Shadow's back, making the creature recoil in agony, and Alistair struck, carving his blade through its chest. Black ichor sprayed from the cut, burning his face as drops struck his flesh. The ichor burned like acid, hissing as it seared his skin. Grasping at his burning skin, Alistair hissed in pain, trying not to panic. A Shadow lunged, wielding a blazing iron, and he ducked its swing and stabbed it through the chest, gasping in a breath as the cut across his chest blazed with agony. It was beginning to hurt to move, what with all the cuts and bruises scattered over his form. This was hell. The heat of their brands, the ravaged waste all around, the cackling lunatic demons...

He cast a weary glance back at Janna, who was fighting with her scythe. She was facing those terrible things too, cutting them down with her weapon's blade. She was injured as well, bleeding from cuts like he was. He hardened his expression and turned back to the Shadows. They had to win this fight. That was the truth of it.

-

IX - Matthew Clark
Sundered Waste, Avalon
?

The halberd struck through a Shadow, cleaving it asunder. Another rushed for him, but Matt smashed it back with his weapon's shaft, before stabbing and impaling it. He reeled the weapon back, kicking the Shadow off its blade and striking at another one. The halberd was somewhat unwieldy in these circumstances, he reflected. If it weren't for the others beside him he would probably be overwhelmed by now.

Two Shadows charged him at once and he lashed out with the halberd, one taking the blade but inadvertently sheltering the other. Matt tried to get his weapon back, but the blade stuck in the Shadow's corpse and the other was rushing him. Its blades struck and he howled as they ripped through his skin, knocking him to the sand. The thing reared up over him and its blades were drawn back, ready to stab down and end it. Memories passed through him, sad and happy, good and bad alike. Smiling and laughing besides Leah, then broken and weeping by that cold, sterile bed. The pain of his wound surged through him, mingled with a thousand past days, a hundred warm moments and a hundred grief-filled days of agony. And at his core the memories collected and the darkness welled up, burning through him with blazing ice. A voice rumbled through his body, shaking him to the bone as it roared.

"I am thou, and thou art I,
From the sea of thy soul, I come,
I am the lone darkness, the eternal prisoner..."

A Tarot card formed, floating down. The Shadow recoiled, hissing, and taking his chance Matt lashed out and crushed it, screaming the word to the stormy heavens above with all his voice. "PERSONA!"

The sands underfoot exploded, sending him and the Shadow crashing apart. From the shadow rose bronze and darkness and ice, a titanic figure of gleaming ice and metal encasing dead black flesh. The monstrous dragon spread skeletal, frosted wings and opened bloody red eyes, howling and hissing its fury as its armor crashed and shuddered against it. The thing towered up, and as the Shadow gazed fearfully at it, the dragon's claws lashed, ripping it into pieces. Matt's Persona threw back its head and gave an earth-trembling howl, and its name reverberated through him.

"Nidhoggr..." he whispered, staring in awe at the Persona.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
XIII. Jannike Mortensen
Sundered Waste, Avalon
???, ???

Janna struck at another Shadow, the pain of her wounds only intensifying as she did. Alistair and Mordred were holding their own, until Janna heard the crack of a whip, followed by Alistair's back colliding with her own, causing her to gasp in pain as her injury throbbed violently. She was not going to scream, not when Alistair's life was at stake. Gritting her teeth, she swung her scythe at three Shadows who were approaching her, hitting the middle one squarely in the stomach. However, the other two were fast, surrounding Janna on both sides. Before she could react, searing pain erupted from both her sides, causing her to drop her scythe and fall on her knees in pain.

She tried to get up, first on one knee, then on the other. She grimaced, trying to stay strong as she stood up and started making a dive for her scythe. Another lash of a whip punished her for that, forcing her to collapse on the sands. Her vision was starting to swim, and she felt more hot blood down her back. If she wasn't going to get up soon...

She concentrated, images flashing in her mind. Norway, her mom, her brother...the lonely girl she once was after their deaths. Alone, refusing to let anyone in. And then...America, a new life...her father, people who actually thought that she mattered. Just like that, the light at the end of her tunnel came and gone was the depressed Janna. She saw herself laughing, drinking...happy. The old her was dead, and that was yet another beginning. Friends, her father...Alistair...she had people to live for and she knew that she was going to keep going on. Janna then heard the sound of distant howling, the seemingly sad, mournful calls reminding her of wolves. Inside her, she felt shadows. Not graceful ones but rather, wild, feral ones both dark and fierce.

I am the bane of the sun, the dying of the light..."

I am the death of the moon, the eyes of the night..."

A Tarot card materialized in front of Janna, the same card she saw in the Velvet Room, with the number XIII and the picture of the Grim Reaper. Looking up at it, she pushed herself back up with all her strength and reached out for the card, now standing up once again despite the pain. She took it in her hand and crushed it, instinctively yelling out the words.

"PERSONA!"

More howling, except they were coming closer and closer every passing second. Just moments after, the sands in front of her exploded, causing her to step backwards. Two swift blurs emerged, one a purple so dark that it was almost black like the midnight, and the other was a deep red reminiscent of late sunset. They charged quickly, knocking the Shadows away from Janna before they stopped, growling. It was then that they faced Janna and she got a good look at them. Her Persona or rather, Personae, took the form of two wolves of roughly the same size, about three feet tall on all fours. Not very big, but no less impressive than Mordred in her eyes. The red one had golden eyes, was slightly rougher-looking and a little more heavily-built, while the dark one had silvery eyes, was a little sleeker and a bit leaner. After that one moment, they faced the incoming Shadows and attacked, the red one howling as it charged forward, its fangs bared as it closed in on a Shadow, while the dark one running swiftly off to the side, evading the Shadows and attacking from behind with a dark fog just as the red one's teeth sank into a Shadow's leg.

The two Shadows struggled as the red wolf continued attacking and the purple one intensified the darkness. After what only seemed like a while, the Shadows collapsed. Janna took this time to get her scythe back, before looking at her Personae, who looked back at her.

"Sköll...Hati." She repeated. It was as if the wolves spoke to her mind, telling her their names. Another wave of Shadows approached, and they instinctively turned back and howled. Filled with renewed strength, Janna prepared her scythe, ready for what was coming.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I- Diego Vendrix
The Infinite Fields of Thought
DreamTime

Diego didn't have time to mull much of what was going on because shadows appeaed and attacked the group. From his brief observations, they were going after the individuals who have not yet unlocked their Persona.

Oh joy.

With sword in hands, Diego swung as he began fighting off the shadows. Diego had been doing a pretty good job before they began hurting him a bit. Diego had noticed that Alyssa and the others were in trouble.

He also paid attention to Louise. However, he was...

He was holding back.

Why do you hold back? a voice told him. Diego looked around and remembered the dream. The dream of standing above all... the dream with... with Louise and Alyssa by his side...

He got a light blush again.

You have ambition! You have the skills! You have the spirit! You have the reason!

Take what you want from life! Create your happiness! Protect what values to you!

Your friends!

Your family!

The voice said. It sounded like him. But more confident...

Belive in the you that believes in yourself... it told him.

"I trust myself..." Diego said as his eyes gained a shimmering quality.

I am the sorcerer, lord of arcane..."

A Tarot Card appeared in front of Diego. It was the one he saw in the Velvet Room. He grabbed it with his bloodied hand and looked at it.

The Magician- I.

For the first time, he was number 1.

Diego's brown eyes glowed to a dangerous and exotic gold.

"PERSONA!!" Diego said as he crushed the card and raised his sword in the air.

A sudden blast of fire washed over the nearby Shadows and incinerated them. Above Diego was the figure summoned. The strange markings on his skin glowed and his robe fluttered. He had a distinct and powerful image of magic.

His gold and silver eyes surveyed as he landed on the ground.

Diego examined his persona. His sorcercer's cap was off, revealing the curled horns and pointed ears. His robe fluttered as he faced the shadows. With movements of a conductor, he commanded flames to attack the shadows.

Diego realized who it was. Who was his Persona.

"Merlin..." Diego said in awe before he noticed the sword in his hand. The runes were glowing. With renewed vigor, Diego attacked the shadows.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
[XVII] Louise Henrietta DuBois
Avalon
???, ???

Stopped in her tracks in seconds, Louise found unexpected resistance at her suggestion. Alyssa's response was almost chiding, pointing out that class wasn't in session in July. Well, of course the school was closed! But everyone at least knew where it was - and if it was abandoned, didn't that mean they could go about their business unnoticed? It sounded much more reasonable than her suggestion a back room in a nondescript bookstore, at least. And as to taking refuge in the castle... Alyssa declared an intent to pick fights with the monsters around the beach first. What was it with her and obsessing over "training"? Wasn't it more important that they keep themselves uninjured for the case that something even worse should come along?

Louise looked briefly to the others, but they all seemed disinterested in the debate or unwilling to support either case. Well, then, she would just drop the idea for the moment. Obviously neither of them was going to convince the other. But again Diego brought up the suggestion that those gathered split into smaller divisions for the duration of their hike to the castle, which she could swear had already been shot down but a minute ago. Without a pause for discussion, he even began to assign groupings, and Matt chimed in behind him with blessed support for her earlier suggestion but feeding the notion of dividing themselves! Louise pouted and anxiously pressed the end of her glaive deeper into the sand.

"Why travel apart when there is strength in large numbers?" she asked of him. "No, we ought to travel together when possible, and splitting apart would make little sense now." She tried to make it clear in her tone that her issue was with the tactical idea and not its endorsers, but something in his expression let hint that she had come across as more coddling than anything. Still, in the time that they were spending more time down here in the open, trying to make their march marginally more pleasant, they might already have made half a kilometer in the direction of the fortress. They might separate there, to search, if they wanted! For now, march!

No sooner than Louise had opened her mouth to voice this notion, the very sands themselves were blown apart around them. Louise snapped her head to the side, rubbing her eyes with her free hand. Nobody had approached them.... so they were being attacked by something lying in ambush, able to burrow through sand? Or worse, something that lived down there.

The sand stung at her eyes, but still Louise could hear shouting and a clanging from every direction. She kept desparately wiping her eyes, catching only a blur of motion here and there. More monsters, likely a breed of the "dark forces" of which they had been warned. They seemed to have their claws in every bit of the land - an enemy that might strike from anywhere. If Avalon had such a relentless stock of deadly enemies laying in ambush for them, perhaps going along with Igor was less than a smart decision.

Would ye lay down your sword so quickly? Fie, you green woman!

...who are...

I art thou... just as thou art I.

From the sea of your soul am I born,

For I am the maiden warrior, the peasant now a conqueror!

Louise swung her arm forward from her now-clean arms, striking something unseen in the process. As her eyes blinked open, they were instantly bombarded again, now by a potent radiance appearing before her. Though the light made it hard to see clearly it was definitely a feminine figure, bearing a sort of sword-and-shield combination and curiously having no apparent legs.

But Louise was given little time for admiration, as the creatures about them continued to swarm. She spun her head about, finding that the nearest was nearer than she might like, and rapidly closing distance. Not knowing what else to do - last night's attackers had been so wildly different and had bested her anyway - she edged backwards and gripped her polearm with its blade staring down the charging beast, hoping that it might blindly impale itself. It was made abundantly clear to Lousie that she was not equipped to handle this.

Your resolve swounds as a leaf in the wind! Come and have strength, little leaf, and the day shall yet be ours!

The monster did not make it within three meters of her - it found itself cut off, blindsided by the shining figure's shield and summarily impaled upon her sword. The figure shot a glance at Louise with a mere hint of the blue eyes beyond her visor - a visor without a helm. Now moving about, it became more apparent that woman was clad in alternating armor and bare skin - a tight-fitting mail shirt with no sleeves, with shapely silver plate armor about her chest and collar. This, then, was her guardienne? She felt more secure already.

Emboldened, Louise gripped her glaive and lunged toward the nearest non-human, first jerking her head left and right. Alyssa was some distance off, something or another at them, but not close to anything visibly moving. Diego was off on his own, as well, but much closer and alongside some large mass that gave the appearance of a wizard - his Persona, likely. The only other entities near were clad in some sort of bonelike armor - all a legion, none her allies. They had separated anyway.

Her vision snapped forward. Her target was within arm's reach. Louise kept running, forcing her spear through the monster's shell and knocking it off its feet. The thing stumbled, but sharply and aggressively raised its sword overhead. Louise kicked at its shin to no effect. She cringed as the blade fell toward her shoulder, but it stopped short. The creature's face, previously blank, was now lit into a gruesome visage by a shining spark running across its armor. It went stiff for a moment, then slumped down, leaving Louise to pull her weapon from its chest like some horrible scabbard. As she did, Louise turned to once again see the woman shadowing her, sword pointed directly at the slain monster.

With a short bow, rustling her brutally short hair and red cape, the figure dissolved into the very air, leaving a card floating before Louise. On instinct, she took it. A calling-card for her guardienne, as it seemed. She claimed to be a... maiden warrior? And she wore armor like that of the middle ages. Then the spirit from before, fighting without relent,

was Jeanne D'Arc herself.

But this was no time for sleuthing, and Louise found herself again fending off an unholy creature with a sharp thrust of her spear.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Avalon
?

Shortly after Leo had arrived, the sands started blowing in all directions. Shadows were running amuck and causing chaos everywhere. "Guys...!" Leo began to shout, but a shadowy tentacle reached out and grabbed him, and threw him back. He blacked out breifly, when he came to again, he quickly rose to his feet, and reached for his rapier. He looked around, and saw that he had been seperated from the others. It was only Carina, that Danijela girl, and himself. He really wasn't ready to deal with the redhead so soon after the "plushie incident" earlier today, but there was much bigger problems. They were surrounded by shadows. These things seemed much more vicious then the Lizard men from last night.

Leo lunged foward to strike them with his weapon, but the monsters were prepared for that. A few of them surrounded him, and gave him a lashing with their shadowy tendrils before he had a chance to move. He tried to step back, but these things were quite fast, more seemed to appear before he could recuperate, and attempt to hit them. For once, the usual smile on Leo's face was beginning to fade. Trying to stand up to a bunch of really fast shadow monsters with a really skinny sword was difficult. The others also seemed to have their own problems to deal with.

Just when things seemed hopeless, he heard a kind feminine voice in his head. "Do not fear my child. From the ashes of chaos, new hope rises."

"W-wha...?" Leo said weakly.

I am Thou, and Thou art I.
From the sea of thy soul, I come
I am The Divine Bird of Rebirth.

Then a glowing version of the Tarot Card he saw in the Velvet Room earlier appeared before him. "Phew! I'm glad that's done. I'm not good with this fancy talk, it's just doesn't feel natural. Now, can you please smash the card so that I may assist you already?"

Leo managed to let out a giggle. "With pleasure!" He proceeded to do as instructed, and smashed the card with his rapier. For a moment, there was a blinding flash of light that Leo had to shield his eyes from, it also seemed to disorient the shadows a bit. When it passed, there was a red and gold, Firey, bird of prey was hovering before him. The bird flew upwards, screeched loudly, and shot out a fireball from her beak towards one of the shadows. Causing the target to burst into flames, and the other shadows nearby to fall back a bit.

Leo's jaw dropped. He had summoned his Persona, and she was awesome. Somehow the name of his Persona came into his head. "Phoenix!" Leo repeated.

Hello there! I am your Persona. I'd were a perfect fit wouldn't you say? Phoenix greeted while she continued shooting Fireballs at shadows. Leo couldn't believe how relaxed she was through all this. He looked around to see how the others were doing. He couldn't find where Danijela had gone. Meanwhile Carina had summoned her Persona, and it looked like she had taken a bit of a beating. Leo nervously bit his lip.

Phoenix seemed to get the message. "Ah, I see. Don't worry." She reassured him, as she flew above Carina's head, and a single tear fell from her eye. Carina glowed for a second when the teardrop landed on her head, and her injuries either became less prominent, or disappeared completely. I can do more than burn shadows. I am also a healer. You and your friends will be perfectly safe as long as I'm around."

Leo breathed a sigh of relief. "Thanks Phoenix!" He said with a smile.

The bird nodded, then flew up and fired some more fireballs at the shadows. Leo smiled, and gave Carina a thumbs up, then turned around and thrusted fowards with his weapon to attack more shadows.

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
OOC: This is my first post in Avalon! W00t!
IC:

Shin Megami Tensei
Nighttime
Tensei Household

Today was actually quite interesting. Shin had met with Antonio Candia, one of the managers over at Sleuth Financials, regarding a possiblt internship at the company. The meeting went rather well; Antonio had basically given him a lecture about what is to be expected for working for such a firm, the type of work Shin would be doing as an intern, and the nature of the company. To this, Shin listened, paying attention to any detail that sounded like it could be important. For as an intern, he had much to learn about all the ins and outs of the company. And he had to know those ins and outs, in order to take the company over someday. It disappointed him a little that Antonio made no mention of Shin's further goals, but Shin just assumed that to be him treating every person equally. Now was not the time for Shin to go about criticizing anybody at Sleuth, for they were to be his respected allies.

The day after that had been relaxing. In celebration of Shin landing that internship (which would start in early July), the family all went out to see a movie, and all went out to dinner afterward. Now, it was about 9 at night, and the family had just gotten home. Most of his uncles were already tipsy or drunk, having enjoyed perhaps a little too much beer over at the restaurant. And Shin did a few chores, as there were usually more chores to be done when there were guests over, and since he was the youngest in the family, he was the one who was expected to do most of them. It was a simple family obligation. And just before bed, Shin had just over an hour to look online at any stuff about the new programming language he was learning that he could find.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Avalon

After Shin fell asleep, the first thing he saw was a sparkly blue butterfly. A butterfly that was all too familiar to him. Like the will-o-wisps of Celtic folklore, it glistened with a beautiful yet ominous air, beckoning him onward, leading him to the exact place he was destined to be. In the background, he could hear a piano softly playing a melody he could remember from somewhere... a melody reminiscent of a lonely voyage across the sea at night. Not having anything better to do, Shin's mind followed this butterfly, unaware of any sense of himself, open to all the fates had to offer.

The next thing Shin knew, he was sitting on a bed of sand. Opening his eyes, he looked around to find himself on a moonlit beach, on some island that he... recognised, somehow. Wasn't he just here a little while ago? Whatever the situation was, he instinctively knew that danger lurked in this place. And, also instinctively, he looked out to the sea, and he saw a shape that he could swear resembled a ship of some sort. If that was what it was, then he remembered having been on board such a ship, a ship with a velvety blue interior and smartly-dressed otherworldly people dressed also in velvety blue. And something about teamwork and tarot cards. He knew. And he had always known.

And he was not alone. Other people, ones he felt as if he had known from somewhere as well, had gathered around, some wielding weapons, others with monsters of some sort standing by their side. And he looked around further, trying to make out detail in some of those people. They all looked to be about his age, though some looked just a little older and others much younger. One of them was an older man who... wait. He knew him. He had just seen him that morning. Same went for the goth girl near him... Yes, it was his waiter at the Jasmine Cafe. The one who he had accused of slipping something into his coffee. The one who he had also seen in the Velvet Room.

Something truly fishy is going on... Shin thought as he briefly closed his eyes. I'm dreaming. By definition, I am in a lucid dream, therefore. Huh, I was reading about lucid dreams, and doubted whether or not they could actually happen. Though, I guess there could be an explanation as to how they happen. And the fact is at least that this is a dream. As long as I don't go mad from it, I should be fine.

And then Shin looked down towards his feet. There, he noticed something stuck in the sand beside him. Something that looked at first glance to be a small black anchor... but when Shin picked it up, he knew at once that it was something else: a crossbow. Curious, he held it in his hand, and even drew an arrow back just to see how supple the drawstring was. Doing so felt so natural to him, it was eerie. It was as if the crossbow was made specially for him. It handled kind of like a gun, with the vertical support just below the bow part, so that Shin had something to grasp and subsequently aim with. A pretty handy weapon, actually, though as he thought about it now he would have probably preferred a pistol of some sort.

Just for curiosity, Shin tried shooting an arrow at a tree nearest the sand. Picking up the quiver that came with the bow and slinging it over his shoulder, he withdrew one arrow from it and slipped it into the crossbow's shaft. And then he drew the string back, aimed at the tree, and fired... and the arrow his squarely on the trunk. Wow. Shin was a pretty competent archer already, and he didn't even know it. Actually, now that he mentioned it, this was a pretty darn cool weapon.

After Shin waked over to the tree and withdrew his arrow from it, he glimpsed Alistair and Jenna, who had just found each other, out of the corner of his eye. Alistair had just finished introducing himself to everyone, and some of the others were doing the same.

Now this is just silly, Shin thought as the ntroductions were held. Does nobody else besides me realise that this is just a dream, and that it won't even matter once we wake up? And why does my waiter, of all people, seem to be unphazed by this. This is REALLY weird...

In fact, Shin had had enough of it. After most of the introductions seemed to be done, he walked over to Alistair, straightening out the sleeves of his fancy blue coat as he went.

"Alistair," Shin began, sounding as cold and serious as the young businessman he was. "What is all this? A dream? An illusion? A mirage that you slipped into my..."

Before Shin could finish his sentence, panic rose in the air. They came. Monsters of all shapes and sizes approached the group, cloaked in a shadowy air, hungry for the souls of the people on this island. The group broke, as people dealt with the monsters. Shin himself swerved around the masses of people and ducked behind the tree he had shot an arrow at earlier, watching intently as Alistair faced one of the shadows. At one point in the game, he summoned a powerful-looking being before him, probably a demon of some sort, a great and terrible one at that. At the sight of this, Shin couldn't help but smile. But he remembered something... something he had overheard from one of the people in the Velvet Room. Something about a Persona... so was this demon creature a Persona? A look around at the crowd told Shin that there were other people with odd creatures by their side, and not all monsters or demons either. A couple of them were even recognisable: one of the girls had the one and only Joan of Arc before her, and a Hispanic-looking young man elsewhere had an old wizard Shin knew to be the one and only Merlin by his side.

Figures of history and mythology... Shin thought, clearly puzzled. Are they Personae too? Why should they take on such a form? Hmm. If this is a dream, I suppose it makes sense why some of them would manifest as beings familiar to me. But there are many I don't recognise...

As Shin was counting the Personae that had appeared, he heard a crash above him, and the crunching of wood. He shut his eyes tight, and when he opened them again, he saw that he was no longer in the shade of the tree. Looking up, he saw that the entire top of the tree had been ripped off. And above him, a loud SCREECH sounded.

He remembered this screech. He had seen it before when he hid behind this very same tree last night. He remembered it now. All details of a dream almost exactly like this one that he had had last night. He remembered this beach, he remembered the castle in the distance, he remembered this group of people before him... He even remembered the crossbow he now held sitting in the sand some distance away, only last time he had not bothered to pick it up. And he remembered the monsters. Especially this one in particular...

And the same thing happened to him that did last time. Shin looked up, and he found himself face-to-face with a harpy. A menacing hybrid between a wretched woman and a crow, gleaming with hate, emitting the same shadowy air as the monsters Shin had seen approach just a while ago. He remembered last time, somebody else attacked the harpy... but this time, that didn't happen. Instead the harpy grasped its surprisingly strong talons around Shin's shoulders and lifted him into the air. Shin was so startled that he dropped his crossbow near the ripped-up tree.

Some distance away, the harpy dropped Shin, who landed just about a foot away from a sharp rock jutting out from the sand. Looking at this rock, Shin just realised how doomed he might have been if that harpy had dropped him just a hundredth of a degree to the left of her course. Above, the harpy was making more unearthly screeching noises, which quickly turned into a chorus of three... Wait, three? Looking up once more, Shin saw that there were now three harpies in the air, all with their eyes on him.

Damn harpies, this is my dream, Shin thought. My territory. As the rightful member of the Yakuza, I feel the right to disapprove of that. You have crossed the line. Prepare to die.

In one fleeting moment, Shin dove to the side, narrowly missing the simultaneous swooping down of the three harpies. After that, he made a mad dash to his crossbow.

Why am I even doing this? Shin thought as he ran for his bow. This is a dream after all--I should be able to spontaneously develop telekinetic powers that would bring the bow to me if I am in control of it.

Focusing his attention on the bow now, he tried to will it back to him, as if he really did possess telekinetic powers. But it didn't come. Maybe he wasn't concentrating hard enough? Maybe the fear of being killed by the harpies was still on his mind? He tried to push that out of his mind now, again trying to bring the bow to him as he continued running up to it...

Shin was so focused on the bow, that he failed to notice a cute little Shadow Crab that had been crawling along the sand. In all his focus, Shin stepped right onto the back of this crab, which threw off his footing and made him faceplant right into the sand. The impact wasn't that hard--if anything, his face itched--but when he looked forward again, he saw that one of the harpies had Shin's crossbow in her grasp, and was now carrying it over his head. Shin whipped his head around to see where she was taking it... and watched as she threw it into the sea.

"Drat!" Shin swore aloud. Throwing his arms aside in exasperation, and wondering where he went wrong, he turned around back to face the trees. But as his gaze passed over the sharp rock he nearly landed on, he spotted something peculiar about it... specifically, something on the rock. Something small and rectangular.

A tarot card.

This card depicted a middle-aged yet strong-looking man with a scepter in his hand, standing in a mighty stance and looking out over the world. At the top was the roman numeral IV. And at the bottom it read...

"The Emperor." Shin read it aloud, unsure of what it meant. He had seen this card back in the Velvet Room too, as he recalled, but did that even explain anything?

Moreover, as Shin gazed at this card, a voice spoke inside his mind. A deep and powerful-sounding voice.

"Thou art I, and I art thou.
From the sea of thy soul I cometh.
I am the Great Demon King of the Sixth Heaven."

"Demon king... of the sixth heaven..."

Just as Shin was repeating this, wondering what the voice was, he felt something strike him hard in the back. Panicking and wincing, Shin found himself pushed right into the side of the jutting rock, the wind knocked out of him. And then his arms felt really light... and something was grasping them... and then his feet felt light... Looking from side to side, he realised that two of the harpies were now lifting him into the air once again. And, just like they had done with his crossbow before dropping it, they were flying him out over the sea. A screech sounded overhead: the third harpy was flying right above him.

Nice try, harpies... I can swim, you know... well... then again, I have no idea how cold that water is...

Somewhere inside, Shin knew that he was doomed. Especially now that the harpies were carrying him higher into the sky. His heart was pounding. This was perhaps the first time he had ever been afraid for his life.

But wait... he thought, desperately. This is a dream. If I die in a dream, I just wake up. It wouldn't make sense any other way. This is simply a nightmare. Once I wake up, I'll be back in my house again. I'll be back in my life again. I'll be helping my mother make breakfast. This is all just some silly dream that trying to toy with my mind... But I know better. I alone am in control of my life, and this silly dream is powerless to stop me.

Shin's gaze again averted to the sharp rock on the shore, where he had just seen the Emperor card moments before. As he did, a peculiar thought came to his mind... a single word rather. A word he had heard back in the Velvet Room... a word he had heard a few of the others call out, even...

Then Shin's heart skipped a beat: the harpies had let go of him. Now he found himself plummeting towards the sea, his coat fluttering upwards in the air, nothing there between him and the possibly-icy water below. He took a quick glance to the shore and thought that maybe he might be able to swim there, but would the fall kill him first? For a moment he had forgotten his surmisation that dying in a dream would not matter. And he was falling fast. In less than a second he would be submerged in the sea... He had no choice.

"P-P-Persona..."

SPLASH.

~ ~ ~

Meanwhile, high above the water, it was the three harpies' turn to panic. For just then, in a flash of crimson light, he appeared. A demon king clad in black armour with red trim, giving off a truly forbidding air, his cape flapping in the sea breeze, his hands reaching for something at his hip...

The haries had no time to react. In three quick motions, all three found themselves sliced in half, and then dissolving into the air. Rokuten Maoh, the Demon King of the Sexth Heaven, withdrew his crimson thunderbolt-shaped blade, looking now to the sea below. And he curled up into a ball, and plummeted into the sea himself. When he landed, he created a wave that crashed onto the shore, a cloud of steam forming above it.

And but one thing washed up on shore as a result of the wave: Shin, who was both drenched and motionless, the Emperor card lying beside him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOC: Shin is unconscious for the time being, in case you haven't guessed that already.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Ian Blackwood
???, Avalon

I simply let the others deal with introducing themselves, instead summoning my tarot card to my hand while they argued.

Astaroth. Whoever that was, was my Persona. The name sounded vaguely demonic, which was some form of help if I ever got the time to do research on that subject. That was…nice, comforting even. I would eventually get to know what was going on, and then apply that knowledge. That was my concern. I was not a fighter, I much preferred hanging back and playing everyone from the background, knowing everything. This whole scenario was not doing wonders for my mental state. The one lesson I had taken from my father was that I should always know everything about everyone, and then use that knowledge for my own advantage.

Just as the bickering was coming to a head, and I was almost at the end of my rope with all of it, something happened. I felt it before I saw it, whatever it was.

It, as it happened, was the Earth suddenly exploding, and hurling us in various directions. I rolled dazed, before falling into the sand. My head was ringing, while my possibly concussed mind raced, trying to catch up with what had happened.

Somewhere in the distance I could here someone speaking. Groaning rolled upright, just in time to duck under an attack from something. Somehow my gun appeared in my hand, and I shot the thing, sending it tumbling. I stood shakily and found myself staring down a horde of something’s. To my left, someone, Matt, if my memory served, was fighting, and slowly losing.

I raised my gun, and fired, blowing one of the Shadow’s head’s in, but before I could fire a second time, the creatures were upon me. I dodge the first sweep, and killed that Shadow, but the next managed to cut my arm slightly. I stumbled, falling flat on my a*s. The creatures hissed with glee, when suddenly a shout split the air.

Persona!” the world shook again, throwing the Shadows back. I scrambled to my feet, in time to watch in both horror and awe, as a gargantuan figure appeared next to Matt. The dragon, for it couldn’t be anything else, seemed to be covered in ice, and partially zombified, straight out of the lowest circles of Hell.

My lips curled into a twisted sort of smile. There was something that could give the me cover I needed to think this through. I summoned my own Tarot card, and crushed it almost thoughtlessly.

Astaroth!” I called, and with much less fanfare, my Persona appeared. The air hung thick with tension, as the Shadows hung back, leery of having to fight the massive dragon, however it wouldn’t take long before they attacked again. I needed to cooridate with Matt on how to do this.

Astaroth followed me as I moved back, standing next to Matt. “Matt isn’t it?” I asked. Without waiting I continued. “I don’t suppose you have some grand plan to get out of this alive?

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
OOC: Sorry if this post is bad, but I promise the ones in the future will be better.

III – Krystal Storm
Krystal’s House

Lying in bed, sick and weary, Krystal wasn’t sure how long she had been staring blindly up at the ceiling as she pondered what had transpired the day before, but the feeling that coursed through her was clear in a single word: disbelief. Utter disbelief. Dreams weren’t meant to be so vivid, so realistic that you felt as if it had actually happened. Dreams weren’t meant to make sense; they were only to be the offspring of the coloration made up of your darkest desires, feelings, make the impossible possible for the briefest of moments.

So, how, HOW, could any of what had taken place been true? It was absurd, and, and….

Yet it felt so real. Krystal mused. So real that it was hardly a hallucination.

As similar thoughts swirled through her mind, she shivered as the truth inside of her threatened to reveal itself.

And a mere dream didn’t have the power to leave a girl bedridden afterwards.

Was she going mad?

~00o00~`

Persona. Velvet room. Avalon.

Small flashbacks of these concepts shown in snippets appeared before her eyes.

"I presume none of you know where we are?" The man, Matt, asked quietly. "I don't know this place at all. I've been to temples in Greece and Rome... Norse settlements in Scandinavia and Iceland... Hindu sacred places in India. But I've never seen anything like this. Especially not like that." He gestured to the citadel. "It's like someone's taken architecture from a dozen different ancient cultures and just smashed it all together."

He paused. "Either way, we need to see if anyone else is here. Maybe there're people living there who can help us."

And at that precise moment, all hell broke loose. From the skies came the screams of angel winged women with talons wearing masks, and snake like figures burst out of the ground. The creatures lunged at the four, their actions radiating bloodlust. Heart racing, Krystal scanned the barren earth before her, barely dodging a harpy’s talons as she spotted a blade embedded in the earth. Her shaking hands pulled the black katana out, her eyes quickly noticing the glowing roman numerals carved into the hilt: III.

Then, as another monster came at her, Krystal closed her eyes, and aimed for its heart. Blood sprayed across her face.

Krystal remembered what happened after that clear as day. She woke up in her room, terrified, and out of nowhere a purple door appeared in front of her, which led to a location apparently known as the “Velvet room”…

Krystal found herself seating at a horseshoe shaped table alongside many people she recognized, such as Diego and Louise, all of which looked as confused as she felt. Along the center of the table sat three individuals who soon introduced themselves as Theodore, Margret, and Igor respectively. Questions were raised toward the trio, and soon enough the room went eerily silent as Krystal and the others processed all that was said.

To summarize it all in a single sentence: They and their Personas were in charge of man kind’s fate.

Krystal stared at the tarot card in her hands, chilled as she recognized the familiar numbers etched on its surface. Roman numeral III. The Empress.

Despite being ill, Krystal stirred beneath the soft blankets as curiosity got the better of her. She needed to research. Immediately. Determined, she managed to stand before a sense of nausea overcame her, forcing her again to the bed.

Krystal cursed softly. “Damn diabetes.” That’s what she got for nearly missing her daily insulin shot.

Well, guess that meant all she could do was sleep. Ugh.

~00o00~

III- Krystal Storm
?
Avalon

Krystal opened her eyes, and naturally found herself in her least favorite place, only this time she didn’t recognize her surroundings. Wearing the same outfit as last time, she looked down to once again see that black blade in her hands. Standing nearby were some of the people she saw in the Velvet room, but no Diego…

Krystal bit her lip, worried. I hope he’s okay, along with the others…

As introductions came one after another, the boy next to her spoke up.

"Hey guys. I'm Leo! I'm sure most of you have seen me around town before though. If anyone needs a friend to talk to, or someone to brighten their day, that's what I'm here for." He said while taking a bow. "I am The Sun after all." Ending his speech with a wink, and a giggle.

She smiled slightly, almost envious of his personality. Well, at least one of us can manage to be cheerful, despite the circumstances.

Naturally however, that temporary moment of peace was shattered into bits. The sky grew black as a sandstorm appeared out of nowhere, the ground giving a mighty tremor that about sent Krystal to the ground. She squinted in an attempt to keep the sand out of her eyes.

Where were the monsters? She was blind as a bat.

“Where—“ Before she could finish something slimy and dark wrapped around her waist, and legs. Instincts took over and she slashed at the…tentacles..?...with her sword.

“Let go!” She growled, cutting off the things around her legs before struggling against the thing around her waist. “I said let go!”

Where were the others? Were they okay? She needed to—

And suddenly she felt herself being thrown through the air like a ragdoll. Then she crashed onto something. Hard.

~00o00~

OOC: Someone can choose what she crashes into, if they like. XD

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
IX - Matthew Clark
Sundered Waste, Avalon
?

The monstrous dragon raged, its claws rending the air. A Shadow was ripped apart under those dark edges, the creature's tattered body falling to the sand. Nidhoggr roared and black ice howled from its terrible maw, taking another Shadow in its folds and sending oily trails of frost to chain its body. Then the great beast's claws lashed and the Shadow broke, its form shattering like the ice it was encased in.

Beneath his Persona's shadow, Matt fought with renewed strength. His halberd speared a Shadow on its tip, and he kicked the creature's corpse off. Another Shadow lashed for him, and he turned and backhanded it away, howling in pain as its claws raked him. His dragon Persona struck, its claws grasping the Shadow's head and crushing it as easily as Matt himself might crush an insect in hand. The thing went limp as Nidhoggr struck once more in its rage, another Shadow falling to black, necrotic talons. Nidhoggr's maw reeked with poison and frost as it loosed a gush of foul blackness, the darkness washing into a Shadow and eating through its skin. The creature shrieked in agony as it was torn apart by the black plague, Nidhoggr casting more jets of the foul darkness into the endless horde. More Shadows fell dead, eaten down to nothing by the unstoppable pestilence.

As Matt fought, another person came through the dissipating ranks of Shadows, who seemed to be falling away under the terror of Nidhoggr's onslaught. Matt looked to the person, seeing a Persona behind him, a demonic being.

“Matt isn’t it?” I asked. Without waiting I continued. “I don’t suppose you have some grand plan to get out of this alive?

Matt considered, warily eying the Shadows as Nidhoggr towered overhead. He could feel his Persona's buried rage, its desire to just break loose and rip and tear the things apart. He could feel that deep-seated anger, that burning pain just longing to be set loose. He almost wanted to let it go. To send it ripping the Shadows apart. But he held it back with his will, keeping the mighty dragon at bay. As powerful as it was, ultimately, it was just a part of him.

"I don't have a plan," he said quietly. "All I have is... survive. That's all we can do. With Nidhoggr, we have more of a chance." As he spoke, a Shadow stalked closer, only to be annihilated by a flare of shadows from Nidhoggr. The others cowered back, recoiling in fear from the massive Persona.

Matt readied his halberd. "So... let's fight. It's all we have now."

-

XVI - Alistair Blake
Sundered Waste, Avalon
?

Alistair watched as Janna's twin Personae took form, a smile forming on his lips in response. A Shadow leapt shrieking at him, and he took it down in a sweep of his sword, crying out as its own blade raked over his shoulder and sent blood splattering his shirt. Another Shadow came at him, hoping to exploit his weakness, but Mordred swept forth in a flare of darkness and ripped it apart with sweeps of his swords. The Persona hovered beside Alistair, warily regarding the battlefield.

Alistair felt the knight's deep emotion, the cold, logical resentment which seared within. The feeling of abandonment and disillusionment. He felt that chilling wish to throw aside his chains, to prove his worth to all. As Mordred hung in the air, swords at the ready, Alistair knew the knight's feelings of coldness.

A Shadow lunged in, and the two struck as one. Two swords buried themselves into the Shadow's chest, and two legs kicked out, lashing the body into the sand. Two pairs of eyes met, Alistair staring through those cold golden portals into his own deep soul. More Shadows charged, and the two stood together, striking into the Shadows. Claws and blades and irons scraped on Mordred's armor, the metal's screams mixing with the howls of the Shadows as he decapitated them and rent them apart. Fire and blades parted the air, and the Shadows fell with shrieks of deathly rage.

Behind Mordred, Alistair howled too, a blade caressing his arm, an iron stroking his leg. His sword flashed and a Shadow fell, disemboweled. Another flash and another fell, its head toppling from its shoulders. Another blade caught Alistair, rending over his shoulder blade, and he howled again. His Persona turned and his sword laid low a Shadow, a blade singing through the air to strike another through the eye. Flames howled over the sand and the Shadows recoiled. As they paced and hissed, Alistair fell to a knee, gasping with pain. Mordred stood proud over him, a noble, black guardian. The Persona's golden eyes fell on the ranks of Shadows, cold with silent rage and promising death.

Alistair looked up as the heavens began to rumble and thunder, lightning raging through the clouds. A bolt flashed, bridging heaven and earth for the briefest moment, and then faded. And a nightmare rose.

The being that rose was a knight clad all in bloody red, bar the white mask upon its fae. It wielded no sword, instead, it was armed with great claw-like blades extending from its elbows, which burned red with intense, fiery heat. Behind the knight's mask, its eyes gleamed like hot coals, and flames licked out from the joints of its plate armor. Roaring, the knight rose, blades at the ready.

"I... am Sir Ironside, the Red Knight!" the thing roared. Flames poured from its maw as it howled out its words, its voice loud as all the clamor of the battlefield. Though they stood far away, the humans and Personae could feel the heat of Ironside's breath, it was like a hot desert wind blowing against them. Ironside stalked forwards, its blazing claws raised. "All who would dare to face me, you shall know only terrible death!"

"Oh... no..." Alistair groaned as pain stabbed through him from his wounds. He gazed up at Ironside, fear stabbing into him now. But though he felt fear, he knew what had to happen, and he forced himself to his feet, readying himself. "Janna... everyone..." he said. "Get ready... we have to fight him..."

Ironside gazed down on them with its burning eyes, and though there seemed to be only flame beneath the armor and mask, Alistair felt that the demonic knight was smirking with a sadistic joy. "Come, then!" the monstrosity roared. "Come, and experience the might of a true warrior! Come, and see if you are worthy to stand upon the hell called... the battlefield!"

Pir8Heart

ƸӜƷ
XVIII - Aika Ichigawa
Plush Mountain
Dreamy-time

tek504d6ff0095522258440.png

Aika Ichigawa woke up... on top of a mountain. Normally, the peak of a mountain is where it's the coldest, but in this case every inch of it was warm all over. Why, you may ask? The entire mountain was made of plushies! Stuffed animal of all sizes and colours were piled up to the heavens, only to be gently roasted by the cinnamon-bun sun. Fluffy marshmallow clouds lazily floated by, and Aika almost wanted to jump up and catch one. So she got on her bum, then on her feet, and maaaagically soared into the sky. Almost there... catch! She hugged a cloud and slowly floated back down. Landing on her bummy-bum, she decided it would be fun to take a big CHOMP out of the cloud!

"Mmm, ththh reeree doth tathteth rike marthmarrowth! (Mmm, this really does taste like marshmallows!)"

Suddenly, she could feel the mountain under her shift a whole lot. It appeared that a group of plushies were having a meeting at the bottom of the mountain, so the mountain itself shifted to the side to make room for them... if that made any sense. Getting up on the cloud as if it were a horse, she commanded with an "Onwards!" and it cruised down the mountain. The whole journey seemed like a magical tour. Every now and then, she could she plushies she remembered clearly; there was Skelekitty waving his paw at her (she waved back of course), to the left of him was Dolly and Lyall chasing each other-

and suddenly, the cloud stopped with a jerk, launching Aika forward. She had arrived at the meeting.

It was a familiar sight; 20-something stuffed animals were seated on a velvet-blue carpet. They were all propped up on tiny velvet-blue chairs. She recognized a wolf in black attire, a lion-phoenix hybrid of the sorts, and a raven with a insanely long beak appearing to be giving the plushies a preaching. "Thass right, this isss..." Aika's mouth was still sticky from the marshmallow. It took a bit of effort, but she finally licked it clean, granting her the ability to speak properly. "This is... the Velvet Room, was it?" She propped herself in one of the tiny chairs and closed her eyes. She remembered all the stuff the raven long-nosed gentleman and his cohorts had talked about; mankind's legends, scary end of the world things... quite frankly, they were recruiting child-soldiers to help them fight against evil shadowy things. Not that she minded; Aika thought it had a certain... charm to it. It was like fantasy-style fighting was the jewel in the chocolate, and all the "protecting the world" mumbo-jumbo was the chocolate itself.

It didn't take long for an azure butterfly to flutter past the group. She watched it travel to the opposite side of the group, then she got back up on her cloud and pursued it. Inch by inch, she grew closer to the insect, to the point where she could almost jump off her cloud and grab it. And when the chance came she did. Then...

Sundered Wasteland, Avalon

... her face met some sand.

Luckily, Aika was mentally prepared to hit the ground, so she didn't struggle in the slightest. Getting up on her knees and dusting herself off, she instinctively searched for her weapon. After pulling her peculiar chain-sickle out of the ground, she waddled over to the larger group. Then she noticed the big citadel overhead. "Oooh, pretty." It was so mesmerizing that she didn't bother to listen to what everyone was saying. Either way, they seemed to be lightly arguing about something, so it probably wasn't something Aika wanted to get into. But she did notice that most of the people were holding cards; did they summon them out of thin air? "Well, this is a dream world, and..." She tried stretching her hand in front of her and making a tight fist. Nothing.

Again. Nothing. Third time's the charm? Finally, card XVIII formed in her hand. It displayed a picture of the moon, and above it... two towers and... a lobster? She found her eyes fixated to this oddity. She wasn't sure what relevance those items had to the moon, but she figured it would be best to ignore it. And just as she was about to zone into the conversation-

*LOUD BANG*

*SOUND OF AIKA BEING FLUNG BACK*

... That kind of stuff. The large group of teenagers was soon split up by menacing black shadow... things. What did they call them again... "Shadows!" ... Something like that. Holding her sickle outward, she tried to stab a shadow in the head, but the chain she had somehow forgotten about made the entire swing rather difficult. This gave the strange dark creature an opportunity to bash her in the head, sending her a small ways back. "GAGH...! Stupid chain!" picking up her chain-sickle again... she realized something. "Gh, I have no idea how to use this...! And this thing's supposed to be my chosen weapon, c'mon!" Swinging around the chain in a finicky rage, it landed squarely on a nearby Shadow's head. "... ... Nah, I'm not going to take any risks with a weapon I can't control properly." Sighing she stuck her poor misused weapon into the ground, then stretched her hands into the air.

Next problem; "Ari... whatever the hell your name is!". This was answer by a rather composed sigh.

"Please don't pressure yourself, dear. You must concentrate on the dilemma set before you." On cue, the mysterious silver maiden formed above Aika, and with a simple wave of her hand, darkness swallowed the nearby shadow, finishing it off. "Now, a refresher. My name is Arianrhod; "Arian" meaning "silver" and "Rhod" meaning "wheel". Arianrhod of the Silver Wheel."

"That's rather... elegant. Nice to meet'cha!" With a suppressed giggle, the goddess replied,

"Haha, yes, it's nice to meet you as well. Step back a bit." Following the maiden's advice, Aika stepped away from the bulk of the action.

"What else can you do, Miss... Arianrhod? Other than that dark-looking attack?"

"Good question. It appears I can also attempt to confuse the enemy; I'm not too sure of the chance of that being effective, however. Next, as the legends surrounding me go..."

But the sudden uproar of thunder and lightning had cut the conversation short. A bolt flashed and struck the ground, leaving behind a rather menacing foe. A knight, clad in blood-red armor, with eerie claw-like blades sticking from its elbows, now stood in front of the Persona-users. It's white mask obscured two coal-like eyes, staring out into the battlefield. Aika, feeling uncomfortable around this flaming menace, stepped back ever so slightly. And then, its flame-trickled joints creaking, it roared;

"I... am Sir Ironside, the Red Knight!"

Although its bellowing rattled her eardrums...

"Sir... Ironside...?" ... it was rather anti-climatic. She wasn't even paying attention to the rest of what it was saying, when-

"Kihahahahahahahahaha!" Aika Ichigawa let out some rather boisterous laughter. No cataplexy to hold her back. "Seriously, what kind of a knight do you name Ironside of all things?! It's like-"

"D-Dear, I would advise you stay quiet now... so as not to attract any unwanted attention." A long silence, then; "You don't seem to enjoy fire too much, judging from your actions before. Despite this, we should probably get a bit closer if we want to land an attack more precisely. Try 'Pulinpa'."

"Gh, alright..." after standing still for a few moments, Aika sprinted to the left, towards the group she was stranded with, and called out, "Pulinpa!"

(OOC: So her current position is not too far behind Alistair, Janna and (Drake?).)