• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Persona: OP

Zincspider

My Bloody
Bellow High:
Located on 22nd Street in the bustling town of Quarterman (That's Quarterman... not Quartermain), Bellow high is what some would call 'Luxury Public'. Due to the eccentric billionaire, Fredrick Klause, and his many generous donations, it has become not only a largely well designed school, but also completely free to the public of Quarterman. But that wasn't good enough for Mr.Klause, he wanted students from near and far to experiance this acomplishment, and constructed several Dormitory buildings just downt he street to allow students to stay in Quarterman and attend his school.
The only thing students have to pay for is lunch.

The school's architecture is odd, being a complete circle, save for the face of the school which is flatened. The frame is completely constructed with the finest mahogany, and it's walls are crafted from pure black marble.

In the center of the school, lies the 'Auditorium'. A large semi circle consisting of over a thousand plus red seats at several levels, allowing perfect veiw of the stage on the other side. While this mostly used for school adresses, the Drama Club are allowed to put on plays and skits here as often as they like (as long as they get permission from Mr.Klause first).

Conected to the Auditorium are twelve long hallways, each consisting of nearly ten classrooms (this is not including the set of bathrooms in each hallway, or the multitude of janitor's closets, or the circular hallway that goes through every other hall in the school connecting them). Each room is labeled by the hallway number, and how far their classroom is from the auditorium. The halls are numbered as though they were hours on a clock, making the Main Hallway that is attached to the face of the building 'Hall Number 6'.

Looking at the school from the face, you can also find to your left, another large marble building that is the school's own Medical Wing. A pharmacy, nurses office, and even emergency hospital are there just in case of an accident. The hospital is open to all, not just students, but students are given huge discounts when staying.

To your right, you would see a large rectangular building that takes the part of the Gymnasium. Inside is a swimming pool, several training rooms for select athletic groups, and and indoor court. Behind it, you can see a large open stadium used for everything from practice outdoors, to track meets, to football (American and otherwise), ect.

Behind the school, is the cafeteria, where world famous chef 'Valdimir Von Trovsky' takes an iron fist to the near army of cooks preparing lunch each day. The cost of wages and food is enourmous for the cafeteria, making lunch one of the only things children have to pay for (although, it is a non-profit business, charging the students just a few cents more over the flat cost for ingridients).

The teachers are competent. Students are supervised by some sort of Hall Moniters (Not student ones mind you), so school yard violence is kept to a minimum. Teachers can and are encouraged to report mistreatment of students and teachers by any party, and it is handled quite nicely. For students who do poorly, tutors are availiable for after school courses if you wish to take them.

There isn't any garbage can dunking, or old gum under the desks (The large cleaning staff takes care of this every night.) Plus, anyone causing trouble around the campus, such as bullies, are taken care of by the Crimson Beasts, who have brought it upon themselves over the past week to keep the students safe (Plus, Randy wanted to live up to his self-appointed 'Bancho' title.)

-
Clubs
Like most schools, Bellow High has a selection of clubs for the young to experiance after school hours. Unlike most schools, however, is the selection of the clubs. It goes as far as to include the Japanese Art of Kendo, the graceful Art of Fencing, and even a small club dedicated to bagpipes (that one... is a bit odd). Schedules of the practices will be provived to those who join.

Athletics-
Kendo
Fencing
Archery (Real coach is out with several broken appendages. Mr. Jones is taking her place temporarily)
Boxing
Swiming
Track
Football (both kinds)
Basketball
Dance (Yeah... it goes here)
Wrestling
Mixed Martial Arts (Taking this means you have to sign a release form)

Arts-
Publications
Sewing
Art (the basic painting, drawing, and sculpting variety)
Band
Dance (It goes here too)
Free Candy (exclusive)
Bagpipes (... these guys are really wierd... seriously. I wouldn't suggest trying for this)
Drama
Book Club (reading and discussing of such)
Poetry (All kinds... so you can expect bongos and berets as well as scarves and roses)
Debate

Student Council-
ummm... Student Council

Link to Sign-Ups (Will add the new ones in a bit):

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=526384

Original Rules:
1: When making a post, make it short, sweet, and well detailed. Each post should not be a mini-novella. It should be detailed, but not overly so. It should have basic actions, not a paragraph describing your walk out the door. And it should get the point across without being boring.

2: When asking questions to regular NPCs which will be created as the plot demands, you can make their voices your own based on their previous established character. But when talking to a GMPC be sure to let me take up the reigns of their speech.

3: Days will pass as I post. If you are not around for a day, and I see that the RP needs to move on, your character will have been considered studying at home for the day.

4: There are Dorms at Bellow, which are free. If your character wishes to move in, see Mr.Testa after school and he'll get the paperwork in. If you wish to stay at home or otherwise, just carry on as usual.

5: GMPCs can join the group after certain conditions are met. They are valuable as they increase your chance of survival by a huge amount... but making bad choices when trying to get to know them can also get them killed (Telling a depressed person to go jump in front of bus might make them actually do it, you know).

6: If you die in the game, your character is dead. D E A D, dead. Nothing can bring them back, and it's a sad occasion for everyone (everyone who like you anyway).

Changed Rules

1: I'm not going to make you recruit the GMPCs. They will come in as the story needs.

2: Evokers are required to be the gun variety.

3: Miss Halls is not a Persona user.

Last edited:

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Converse.

Actually, I've had an idea that's been hanging out in my head for a couple of weeks. It would be nice if there were some advance warning of whose Shadow self was going to show up. And it doesn't even have to be for all players; just the particular person owning the character needs to know. That way, there could be some problem that comes up with their personal story that intersects with the Shadow self's attack.

Like right now, from the posts so far, I would say that Joshua's Shadow self is most likely to show up because of that nightmare. It's like the Shadows are already toying with him, trying to weaken his resolve for the confrontation.

Although an advantage of letting all players know in advance is that they could have their characters unwittingly increase the pressure on that person, or notice that something is wrong but get caught up in something else so that they don't get fully involved until that person's life is in danger.

Niihyl

Posthuman
I like the idea of at least that person knowing. Instead of telling everybody directly, but through character actions, series of unfortunate events, etc., cluing everyone in on the next shadow.

I'm imagining Joshua's shadow self to be vaguely like Kanji's. 'Cept Josh isn't actually gay, or implied to actually be gay. But Josh's shadow gets to mess with JP. Hilarity must ensue at some point.

Hey, what happens if you accept your shadow? If it comes up and starts off on the Hannibal Lecture thing, and you just agree?

Son_of_Shadows

The effect I was going for with the nightmare is this.

Joshua simply isn't used to this insanity, and witnessing someone get burned to ashes like Diego put the fear of God into him. He's in way over his head, mostly because he's a very sensitive guy. Plus he's got very deep seated father issues (as you can plainly see) and sheer exhaustion is going to catch up with him very quickly.

Also, I couldn't resist the whole headdesk thing. It was too funny in my mind, and my brother just about pissed himself when I told him.

And Ysavvryl, I'm in full agreement with your proposal.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
I agree with ysa, and it made me think of something.

How about we turn the Ball Punch JP suffered and turn it into a running gag of sorts? At least for Josh's Shadow. The Shadow could go like: "*punch and grab JP by the balls* Meh *throws away, chases after Sofiya and gropes her* MUCH BETTER"

Or something.

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
How about we turn the Ball Punch JP suffered and turn it into a running gag of sorts? At least for Josh's Shadow. The Shadow could go like: "*punch and grab JP by the balls* Meh *throws away, chases after Sofiya and gropes her* MUCH BETTER"

LOL but that makes him seem like his darker other self is really a prevert XD I actually thought that Joshua's nightmare was a good mixture of past problems and currently anxiety/fears.

I really can't say much about my character, since he hasn't done anything yet. And I don't want to trope him until at least the first Court of Miracle or he does something or else it might be a bit spoiling...

Also I want to say hi everyone, it's an honor to roleplaying with all of you; especially my good friends that I know. Let's have fun roleplaying together.
------

Characters as Pokemon

Izzy/Randy/Liza/Wulfgard/Mr. Testa

Joshua/Mana/JP/Theresa/Russell

Sigmund/Sofiya/Miyuki/Ciara/RIP Kent

Snow/Halberd/Lace/Clarise

Different Pokemon Characters Poses

Randy-Hero Pose/Ms. Hall- Christmas Fanservice/Queen Ciara and her Slave

Rejected Pokemon

Sofiya/Miyuki

Persona as Pokemon

Scathach

Last edited:

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
Yay! We have a place of discussion to discuss the discussibles (that should totally be a word, by the way).

I'm kind of imagining Ciara's repressed self to be completely different to everyone else's, if only because the Shadow will be like 'You want friends, you don't really hate them all' and she'll be all 'No I'm fine on my own dammit, they're all obnoxious idiots'. Because Ciara is a contrary person like that.

The idea of the Shadow selves popping up due to sudden stress on the 'original' is a neat idea and I think it could work, as long as the original knew in advance. I think it would weaken them mentally enough that they'd be exhausted to not be quite as logical as usual and default to the 'you're wrong about me' mindset.

Does anyone mind if I move all the characters that have 'left' into their own folder on the TV Tropes page? Things are kind of overcrowded and it would be neater and less confusing if everything could be dumped in one place. Also, they're going to have less tropes than everyone else. Still, I felt it was unfair to leave them out completely considering how they had some plot relevance even if for a short time.

I mean, it's not noticeable right now because the page is pretty sparse, but as it (hopefully) develops... yeah. I would do Ciara now, but I'm kind of tired (my no. 1 excuse, as you can tell). The first post has displayed her surface character at least.

A new challenger approaches- massive bitch! Time to ruin morale in style.

Niihyl

Posthuman
Has anyone else realized that the thread is called Pesona, not Persona? 0.o I just realized... And if it's mental nervousness/stress, everyone's a bit grim right now.

Has Zinc said anything about uniforms? I remember something about school uniforms being required... Or summat like that. Newbies will enjoy Court. Every midnight, we have epic rave parties.

Wordy, your character's shadow is thus oddly nicer than the actual person...

Whee! Persona 4 remake for PS3! Also whee, a Persona fighter from the creators of BlazBlue! Thirdly whee, Persona 5 rumors! And Persona anime. Unless that goes the way of Trinity Soul...

Last edited:

Jason-Kun

No, Persona 4 The Animation is the game so since it's not anything new, we don't have to worry about that.

Zincspider

My Bloody
SON OF A BIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!
I mispelled PERSONA! FFFFFFFF--

---UDGE!

Uniforms are a white button down shirt, a navy-blue blazer, and black pants. You can wear a black skirt if you're a girl.

Niihyl

Posthuman
360? You got scalped.

PS3 has far better exclusives. Uncharted, inFamous, Persona and lots of other widget (Weird Japanese Thing) games, Disgaea, LittleBigPlanet, Tales, God of War, and many others. Plus XBOX Live costs money. I think... it used to?

What has Xbox got? Halo?

So I assume uniforms are required now? Mana can keep his headphones like Yosuke does, right? And on the idea of Josh's shadow and ambiguous gayness... (lol at that by the way. Why Sofiya in particular?) do we get to have a Culture Festival? *Evilgrin* The "Kick JP's *ss Club" can sign JP into the cross-dressing contest, right?

It's okay Zinc, Pesona is fine. We can shoot ourselves in the head and shout "PESONA!" because that'll terrify our eldritch abomination enemies in Tartarus.

Hey, that gives me an idea for a trope. RetCon: Evokers were originally non-required. Then the GM required them for everyone, allowing it to be anything. Then it was changed into everyone requiring a standard gun evoker.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
I bought it three years ago, back when XBOX was winning the war, and when the only exclusives the PS3 had were stuff like... heavenly Sword.

While XBOX had Fable, Mass Effect, and quite a few other stuff I can't recall anymore. But most importantly, I had this friend who had (still has) like a hundred 360 games and will lend them nearly indefinably as long as you ask.

But now...

God I regret buying the xbox so much. And yes, LIVE is not free (at least not multiplayer, you can still do things with Silver Free Membership. Like BUYING things... Smart asses)

You know whats the worst thing though?

Not Persona.
Not the upcoming remake of Final Fantasy X.
Not Ratchet and Clank, one of my favourite franchises which I haven't touched since the new gen dawned.

It's Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

HOW THE HELL WILL I BEAR MISSING THAT?

And Kingdom Hearts. But I've already missed out on the super plot important portable releases, so the franchise has kinda drifted away from me...

JP dressed in drag? What, will Josh be Teddie all over, with no one noticing he's a guy and actually going head over heels for him?

I chose Sofiya because that's the first character I think off whenever I imagine weird random hilarious **** happening. I also thought of Ulala/Minami since Josh was closest with her, but she's no longer a Persona User, soooooooo she wouldn't be there.

Niihyl

Posthuman
Ditch the Xbox at GameStop and get a PS3. You could find the warehoused old 60gig ones. The good old ones that could play PS2 games. You could probably find one for fairly cheap. And besides, I think even the new ones are $250 now.

JP would be closest to Kanji in that situation, I think.

"A runaway express train that can kill with both her fists and her looks!"

I actually always imagined Snow to look kinda like Human-Teddie. By the way, was Josh always campy? Didn't he suddenly become interpreted like that after the Stupid Sexy Flanders moment?

"Next- a swimsuit competition!" Teddie's ulterior motive. But then again, he was creepily happy about all of this beforehand, a bit too happy.

We should do that sometime. We can't be serious demonslayers all the time. We need a comic relief OVA episode. And yeh about Sofiya. Her antics send us into Haruhi Suzumiya type weirdness though. SLASH BLOOD KILL CUUUUTE~! ... I've never actually seen more than one episode of Haruhi Suzumiya though... Mana needs to start working on his Kyon voice.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
OVA? I sense a beach episode! Oddly enough, I've actually had that idea running around in my head - JP pulling the guys into hitting on beach-goers, all manner of swimsuit shenanigans for the girls, and a HIGH-OCTANE CRAB-HUNTING COMPETITION. TO THE DEATH.

*ahem*

You guys have both got me beat, I don't have any of the newer consoles. I did finally beef up my PC, though, and I've been able to play most of the important console releases through friends (though regrettably not all). But yes, I definitely would prefer a PS3 over a 360 (the Blu-ray player might even bump it over the Wii in terms of exclusives for me).

You guys should definitely let me know if the P4 anime ends up being good. I kind of want to get the gist of the story, but I really don't want to sink another 100+ hours into an Atlus game. Now, if only I could get back around to finishing off P3:FES...

Slightly more on-topic, thanks for the clue-in on the retcon. Somehow I had missed the fact that we had switched back to standard-issue evokers, though the new sign-up format should have clued me in. Dunno how I feel about navy-on-black for the uniforms, as those colors kind of clash. It kind of worked for the Haruhi series uniforms, but theirs were more of a brown/umber...

...Don't look at me like that. We've already got a token ambiguous.

Oh, and Niihyl? Definitely watch through the entire series and/or read the novels if you can afford the time. Totally worth it (one of my top three favorite series).

EDIT: Dropping a link to the TVTropes page here for the sake of convenience.

Last edited:

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
WHY IS THERE SO MUCH HAPPENING WHEN I'M AWAY. DON'T YOU GUYS LOVE ME?!

VALIDATE MEEEEEE!

I'd... I'd actually feel bad for that shadow if he groped Sofiya. No, seriously. Not because she'd scream pervert and slap him around, but because... she'd just stare blankly. And then grope him back. Hard. With nails. And smile, because that's what you do when you're intimate with someone, right? It'd be hilarious.

I'm rooting for the beach, by the way! So many... possibilities with Sofiya. I wanna play thaaaaat *whine moar* And I can't wait for the JP/Joshua interaction there. <83

I STILL LIKE MY XBOX360. Because I can't use my PC as a gaming console, and none of the great games you mention for PS3 ever make it to where I live anyway. THERE IS MGS4 THOUGH AND THAT MAKES ME HAVE A SAD. But not so much I couldn't wait a couple o' years before buying it.

And I still need Persona 4. Fuckcakes.

I'm not really a fan of the Suzumiya series, I mean Haruhi's a bitch. Srsly. The random yuri moments are a win, though. Even if it's like... Why do you guys allow her to DO that? Also, Itsuki/Kyon ftw

I should start fillin' that TvTropes page, haven't touched it yet...

EDIT: Oh, and I love Ysa's idea regarding the Shadow Selves! For Sofiya, the trigger to that could be that she gets a phone call from home, and gets told that Pyotr's condition suddenly got worse. THAT should be a kicker enough to cause a freaking army of shadows.

Oh and welcome aboard, Inner!

FFFF now I replied to EVERYTHING. I think. Uh. School time now, I'M GOING TO BE LATE BECAUSE OF YOU ALL.

Last edited:

Niihyl

Posthuman
It's okay Houou, we all love you. In a totally platonic and non-weird way. You just have too much other stuff to do compared to us that live on Serebii. Which is incomprehensible, really.

I'm totally backing the beach episode. As soon as this Friday night's Court is over, we should take the weekend to go to the beach. Wulfgard could be training us in aquatic conditions or testing the extent of the Court or something. Or just letting the crew have a weekend off. It'll be fun. Character development over plot, just for a bit. Better than RPing dreary school days. I do that in real life.

Last edited:

.:Lemon Tea:.

Crystallized decay
I agree with ysa, and it made me think of something.

Or something.
To be honest, the whole Joshua/JP thing makes me laugh, especially how JP views Joshua in this whole confused way since he's 'campy'. xD;

I wonder how JP would think of Kent, because Kent really doesn't act like the stereotypical gay and if JP ever questioned Kent's sexuality, he would probably get some snarky, laid-back response back from Kent asking about what the hell JP is on. I don't know. I can imagine the question coming bluntly from JP, and Kent laughing his head off in an amused way, then asking about who pissed in JP's cornflakes that morning.

And I love the shadows ideas Ysa. Joshua does seem ideal for this kind of situation as he isn't new like some of the other characters are, but he isn't so close to many of the others to the point where there are close bonds and relationships.

As for Kent....Kent's always looking for an escape, always to try to find himself. He suffers from a bad case of wanderlust. But at the same time, he tries to reject-or even tries to convince himself that his current and past actions don't make who he is. In a sense, he's running away from his problems, fleeing from them just like he flees from reality when he's on his motorcycle. I think Kent would have to realize that Quarterman is a place worth living to, and that sometimes, home is where the heart is. Hm.. >_>;

I can imagine the Shadow questioning Kent about his apathy to everyone around him and accusing him of fleeing from his problem than resolving them head-on. That, along with the fact that Kent doesn't want to accept the fact that his family-no matter how indifferent they are to him-have molded or helped him become the person he is today.

Meh.

And LOL at the Itsuki/Kyon pairing Houou. Haruhi would have a hissy fit. xD
And then procede to destroy the universe.

I've just started to look into the TvTropes, Kent definitely would think that everything's is better with motocycles. And thanks Wordy for taking the time to make the character page! Hooray for the half-hour wasted! Although...how are we supposed to add to it? I somehow cannot access the 'edit page' option. ;_;

Faiiillll.

Last edited:

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Yes, we do care about you and your wacky shenanigans! Even time zones or sudden schoolwork loads cannot separate us! Perhaps!

(To be fair, GH, I agree with you about SHnY. Of the cast, Haruhi is among my least favorite characters. Luckily, she's practically the antagonist. Kyon's commentary, Koizumi's filibusters and Yuki's oddities are what make the series worth sticking through... I could type a lot more, but I doubt it would be particuarly interesting to read.)

Hah, I struck the right vein! However, as we're still in the first page of role-play, might I recommend that we hold off on the beach for a bit, maybe just until next weekend? Still, I agree that we should get it out of the way when it would be logical for the students to take a beach trip.

Speaking of which, I'm testing waters now, trying to make the short-sighted obsessive part of Sigmund's personality more prominent. It is, after all, more interesting than just the average high school student bit (he was kinda flat in UtGoG besides the revelation of his Persona). This week's obsession: herbal tea!

Oh, and I cleaned up the pages a bit. Not much, just patching a bit of formatting/grammar and rewording things a bit. Can we work on moving character tropes to the character page, though, and adding non-character-specific tropes to take their place? Cool, I'm out for a while while I sleep and then maybe get things done.

Son_of_Shadows

I actually always imagined Snow to look kinda like Human-Teddie. By the way, was Josh always campy? Didn't he suddenly become interpreted like that after the Stupid Sexy Flanders moment?

To be fair, he's quite sensitive and musical theatre. He's reasonably camp, just playing it up a bit more.