• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Persona: OP

Jason-Kun

I've just started to look into the TvTropes, Kent definitely would think that everything's is better with motocycles. And thanks Wordy for taking the time to make the character page! Hooray for the half-hour wasted! Although...how are we supposed to add to it? I somehow cannot access the 'edit page' option. ;_;

Faiiillll.

You need an account and you need to be logged in in order to edit stuff.

(And I actually like Haruhi. Then again, I'm biased since she's my favorite character.)

As for beach episode, I agree with putting it off for a bit. Possibly during a moment if downtime when the characters aren't as busy with more pressing matters.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Well, I'll bring my trope lists over there. XD

I wonder if JP/Theresa would be considered Matzo Fever? (Theresa being the "Matzo", she's half-Jew)

niedude

Don't forget to grin
SO MUCH TO REPLY

Nihyil (totally misspelled your name xO) I am actually pondering that. Heavily. But then I'd lose my Mass effect Save Games.... AAAAHHHH SCREW IT

I just might do it. It will cost me some of my fav games, like Fable 3 and ME2, which I didn't wanna buy again...... And I've wasted quite a bunch of money on my account. (like, 20 bucks...!)

I might stop by a gamestop next time I go to the shopping mall closest to home that has one and get informed (I sound like a 13 year old with a pamphlet on sex)

Wait, weren't there some PS3s that could play PSP games? I think my friend said his could, but he's full of **** most of the time. Is that true?

If so...

DISSIIIIIIIDIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
BIRTH BY SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
AND SOME OTHERS

Damnit, you're tempting boy <.<

Speaking of which, I'm testing waters now, trying to make the short-sighted obsessive part of Sigmund's personality more prominent. It is, after all, more interesting than just the average high school student bit (he was kinda flat in UtGoG besides the revelation of his Persona). This week's obsession: herbal tea!

I used this last post to work on JP as well. He was getting kinda stale and going from secretly cowardly and compensating through sports to Abs of Steel guy. Which he still is, but not as Gary Stu-ish.

IM SO UP FOR THE BEACH EPISODE

Maybe not right now, but once the entire group has accessed the court and is slightly familiar with each other (not totally, bonding at night would take a whole new meaning. Anyone see Theresa doing an EXECUTION scene?)

Jason-Kun

Also still fleshing out Clarise with my intro post. Still trying to think of a weapon for her as well, since the keys are only temporary.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
How about bowgun? It hasn't been used yet, and is pretty feminine too. XD Or maybe a WHIP (combined with dance moves)? XD

Jason-Kun

Do you mean a blowgun? Don't think she can get one and I'd rather go with something other than a whip (though I'll keep it in mind). Trying to think of something a teenage girl could get other than a knife.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Bowgun, or to make it more clear, pistol crossbow. It uses arrows like a bow, but is one-handed and shoots and is held like a handgun. Zinc said that normal guns don't work. XD It's possible to dual-wield this kind of weapon I guess. There isn't any girl dual-wielding yet, if I'm not mistaken. Like in this picture:

maplestory-mercedes.png

Last edited:

Jason-Kun

*Googles* Oh, no. I'd rather a blowgun since it seems more feasible. Or something else she can have whilst living in the dorms.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Hmm...Clarise seems to be a DEX-oriented character as far as first impressions...how about Shuriken? Or Sai Swords? Neither of them too big...plus can be dual-wielded. (I always saw her as a dual-wielder because of her pom-poms.)

Jason-Kun

I'm thinking maybe something like a blowgun as backup. I'll find some other main weapon for her.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Woo, you guys talk a lot. As if that's anything new in these discussion threads, heh. But try to keep more on the subject of the game so that we don't get thread-locked.

Hey Blivsey, if you need any info on herbal tea, feel free to ask me. I know who to borrow reference books from. And I'll try to be on more often.

Well I'll try. I'm preparing for NaNoWriMo in November and volunteering as an ML there (a sort-of forum mod), so I'm busy with that all of this month and next. But you know, I can use game updates as an excuse for a few extra hundred words if I get stuck (it's still writing!).

A beach episode would be fun, but it should wait a bit, I think.

Gotta go; on a library computer and the timer is ticking down!

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
Lol, I totally wanted Ciara to have a whip at first before realising that coupled with the ice queen thing it kind of got into BDSM territory. Hence the umbrella, which totally had nothing to do with Skullgirls.

I'm totally a video game fiend (Sequel knows, as does anyone who's ever seen my VMs on his page), so time to dispel the rumours!

No PS3 can play PSP games, sorry.

Persona 4: The Golden, the remake of Persona 4, is being released for the PlayStation Vita handheld in Spring 2012. It promises 1.5x the voice acting of the original, has no FeMC, but promises exciting new features.

Persona 4: The Ultimate in Midnight Arena, the Persona fighter (current cast: Yu, Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko, Kanji, Aigis) is being released on both PS360 formats. You can see a trailer here- it shows I think what Persona would be closer to being in this RP, as opposed to all the turn-based stuff, and the spells all have very real combat uses. Character gameplay- honestly worth watching for Kanji's Awakening alone.

Considering how Catherine and P4UMA both have came out/are planned for 360, as far as P5 is concerned it's a good bet that it'll be on 360 too.

Trailer for P4: The Animation. Looks fun.

This has been Wordy, the insufferable.

Also, I now love .:Lemon Tea:. more than all of you because she said thank you and that was nice and I appreciated it very much. Yeah, you have to 'get known' first, it's very simple.

I'm totally not sure what stats Ciara would have. What spread are we using, anyways? I would normally think St/Ma/En/Ag/Lu, but you said Dex so...

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
I think Zinc is using (Str-Dex-Wis-Con/End) or something. 4 stats.

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
I guess I'll said it too, Thanks Jason-kun and Wordy for the work you put in making the trope page and the character's sheet. As well as anyone else that edit the page.

Also if Russell get pulled into Friday's Court I don't think he'll be much in the mood to go to the beach. I can see him being really freak out about it, but he'll try to hide it when people are around.

I haven't decide on a weapon for Russell yet either. I was thinking of something blunt or long range. I actually thought of starting him off with a crowbar. I'm going to have a nice montage of him trying different weapons and failing horribly at it.

Zincspider

My Bloody
I thanked Jason I think, but if I missed it thank you both once again. It means alot to me. Seriously.

Also, you don't have to be worried about being drawn into the Court. All newcomers are in on Friday. I don't have to worry about 20 people this time around.

JG is right about what stats I use. It really only affects how you preform tasks such as attempting to push somthing heavy (like in a puzzle when you guys finally get into the School during the Court), or avoiding a trap or attack from the shadows. It also helps during Shadow Self fights, but it just makes you more likely to hit them. It won't be too difficult either way, but I won't always let someone like, lets say Snow, punch a Shadow in the face without reprecussions (not that Ysa would make Snow punch somthing unless absolutely needed).

Jason-Kun

Thanks for the character page, Wordy. And thank you everyone else for using the page.

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
My information gathering got me this:

-------
Homeroom Class

Mr. Testa Class Members

Theresa
JP
Mana
Halberd
Ciara
Joshua

Ms. Halls Class Members

Russell
Snow
Sigmund
Sofiya
Clarise
Lace
Kent

I don’t which homeroom she is in.

Miyuki (Sequel is one of the three hadn't posted yet)
-------

So the homeroom are almost evenly distrubuted. So are we waiting for the other two new people to post and Sequel to post?

Yup, you don't just let the other veteran (well more maybe not yet) persona-user there worry about the confused and frighten new guys... Russell stats would not start off very good I think he'll have wisdom and maybe endurance but everything else would probably be a low. I just he can built up on it a little.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Wow, you guys keep these discussion threads active huh?

I just found this and you guys are on page 2 already... O_O Then again, I was out of commission for a few days, so I guess that's partially to blame.

Anyways, I'll have a post up sometime today.

(To throw my two cents in here, I love the Haruhi series.)

I'll get on updating that Trope page if I get the chance, though I think *Jean Grey* is going to beat me to putting up Miyuki's tropes, but I do love anything to do with TV Tropes, so I'll be frequenting the page nonetheless. Also, thanks Wordy and Jason-Kun for setting that up.

The Beach Episode also seems like a fun idea, especially considering Miyuki's limitations in that regard. I can picture her just huddled under an umbrella with a dejected look, maybe building a sandcastle or something as she watches the others run around in the sunlight. But I also agree with the others that it should wait a bit. Maybe do what P3 did and leave it as a mid-story rest-time.

I still have no clue what Miyuki's stats are...

Well, that's all for now. Be back after I can get a post up.

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
Aww, I was only kidding, but thanks guys. Hopefully as we get more into the meat of the school year instead of just the first two weeks the main page will start to fill up as well as the character sheet.

I'm honestly not sure whether I'd want the beach to fall right before or after Ciara's character development... but it couldn't come right now because I really don't want to miss out and it would be OOC for her to pop up like that, (I'm immensely selfish like that). Actually, if we go with Ysavvryl's 'week before=pressure' idea, then Ciara's will be the opposite of everyone else's as they'll all be being extra-nice to her and trying to melt the shell, and she won't be able to handle it.

Oh, thanks about the stats. I just find all this extra stuff really interesting, especially stuff that isn't necessarily mentioned within the main role play. Hey, we could use this as All There In The Manual on the TVTropes page! I'm not sure what Ciara would be... I think of Kitsune as being a very physical-attack/agility based Persona because of the whole 'transforming body parts' thing, but at the same time Ciara would be kind of fragile by herself.

Ciara's weapon is umbrella! Yay for dual-shelter from rain/killing Shadow action. "Yeah, can you upgrade this umbrella for me? I'd like the fabric to be Teflon, and the tip to have acid."

Do you think that the characters will ever actually see the tarot cards at some point and be referred to by number/arcana name by *insert spiritual being here*?