• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Persona: OP

Jason-Kun

I can't honestly say I like the pressure idea. An advanced warning given to the player whose character will face their Shadow Self next so that they can plan for it postwise, sure. Other players knowing and having their character put pressure on said character/neglect to realise something's wrong with the character? I don't really see why you'd want to do that/what the benefit of doing that actually is.

Niihyl

Posthuman
What's all this about pressure? I thought it was just the player whose Shadow would appear next gets a PM, then prepares themselves, not everyone knows and starts whaling on the character in question. I don't like that idea either.

Fine, beach ep. can come later. But we can have a Halloween episode, right? Ouran High School style? They celebrate Halloween everywhere, right?

YSA! You're a mod for NaNoWriMo?! I've signed up for that! Looking forward to it. A 50,000 word novel... I can do that. Maybe. :D

Persona Mayonaka Ultimate isn't it? Looks epic. BlazBlue plus Persona. That's like, magic. I could hop around skipping.

Right, PSV, not PS3. Persona 4: The Golden... I'll be getting that. I'll have to take a PSV over a 3DS, really.

Tomorrow is the premiere for P4: The Animation! YAAAY!

Oh, and thank you Wordy for the TVTropes page.

Umbrella? Channeling Mary Poppins, are we? And about the dual bowguns talked about before - utterly impossible. Impossible to reload, even more than dual guns, and crossbow/bowguns are really, really heavy. And recoil would make aiming impossible. Then again, we have scythes, so Rule of Cool could work out...

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
@Niihyl: Yup, I am! I did so because last year, I hit a quarter of a million words in November. After Oct 10, you should tell me your username there so I can add you as a buddy.

The duel wield crossbows gave me that impractical idea too. Umbrella as a weapon is always awesome, though.

On the idea of putting pressure on that character, it's more of a writer thing. It may not work out so well for a RPG, but from a drama and story-telling vantage, focusing on the victim works in stories. In a game, well, we do have interesting enough exchanges just by winging it and building off each others responses.

I don't know Snow's stats either... but yes, I doubt I would have him try punching something in the face.

Jason-Kun

What's all this about pressure? I thought it was just the player whose Shadow would appear next gets a PM, then prepares themselves, not everyone knows and starts whaling on the character in question. I don't like that idea either.

Well it was suggested that everyone could know and have their character add on pressure.

Niihyl

Posthuman
Philemon. It's PHILEMON! WHY USE ONE LETTER WHEN TWO WILL DO?

@Jason-Kun

Oh... well, Zinc'll probably tell us how things'll work. And I also want to know if we'll ever figure out our Arcana. Because Mana'll just be like. "Well, that explains a whole lot. DEATH. Never saw that coming."

Oh, and as for a weapon for you Jason, how about the Tessen? Japanese War Fan? Used to deflect arrows, slicing, clubbing, and defense, while still looking feminine? Then again, Samurai used them. (I don't know your character, but Jean Gray said something about that...)

I wants to get moving. Totally.

By the way, happy birthday Ysa! (I'm one day late, but it's okay, let's blame it on time zone shenanigans).

Zincspider

My Bloody
Posted. Write your reactions if any, and then the bell rings allowing you to leave. Mr. Jones will happily tell his students good bye, while Miss halls will wave and continue her work.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Added my trope lists from the old thread, as well as the trope lists others made plus some new ones! ^_^

Zincspider

My Bloody
Cool. I'll try to edit a bit myself. I still need to figure out how to though.

Jason-Kun

@Niihyl A Tessen might work, depending on whether or not either of my other ideas work. Still running those by Zinc though so we'll see.

And I'd also like our characters to find out their Arcana in some way, that'd be pretty cool.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
For the new characters' convenience, a list of the weapons not being used so far are as follows:

- Spear/Naginata/Guan Dao (we've missed almost all polearms, surprisingly enough)
- Axe (we missed this one, too)
- Quarterstaff/Parrying Stick
- War Fan
- Crossbow
- Mace/Club/Hammer
- Throwing Knives / Darts
- Nunchaku
- Whip

If anybody needed ideas. Keep in mind that the more exotic weapons would be incredibly difficult to learn effectively in such a short time span.

I dunno about finding out the Arcana, since while it would be interesting, the tarot deck may be a bit obscure most high-schoolers and our characters don't show any obvious signs of affinity with the suits. However it would definitely be within reason for somebody to realize that everybody's Personas are beings out of mythology and literature (a much more obvious connection), which could also be interesting.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Yeah...we need more pole weapon users! T_T

Niihyl

Posthuman
I know about Tarot. (It's Tare-oh!) Then again, the reason I know is Persona... Hrm. What if we fuse P3 and P4 summoning styles and use the evoker, which... Makes a card appear? Or the gun evoker gets a roman numeral inscribed on it, along with the word? A wizard did it?

Someone should be Roman soldier (Centurion?) and have a big shield and spear.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Roman numeral sounds cool! XD

That would make...

0 - Randy
I - Izzy
II - Clarise
III - Theresa
IV - Mr. Testa
V - Halberd
VI - JP
VII - Kent
VIII - Miyuki
IX - Liza
X - Mr. Wulfgard
XI - Russell
XII - Snow
XIII - Mana
XIV - Sig
XV - Shinai
XVI - Joshua
XVII - Lace
XVIII - Ciara
XIX - Sofiya

Jason-Kun

Well Clarise is Duel Wielding a Knife and a Tessen. Though I do like the idea of having the Evoker get the roman numeral and card name inscribed on it when first used either permanently or otherwise.

Zincspider

My Bloody
Umm... whip has future uses.
And I had someone who would tell you your arcanas already planned. Don't fret none.
Also, it seems people have a knack for not taking in Bellow High for it's intended purpose. It's not your average high school. For future purposes, take the following statements into account.
The teachers are competent. Students are supervised by some sort of Hall Moniters (Not just student ones. Teachers also patrol.), so school yard violence is kept to a minimum. Teachers can and are encouraged to report mistreatment of students and teachers by any party, and it is handled quite nicely. For students who do poorly, tutors are availiable for after school courses if you wish to take them.

There isn't any dunking any people in garbage cans, or old gum under the desks (The large cleaning staff takes care of this every night.) Plus, anyone causing trouble around the campus, such as bullies, are taken care of by the Crimson Beasts, who have brought it upon themselves over the past week to keep the students safe (Plus, Randy wanted to live up to his self-appointed 'Bancho' title.)

All of this was going to fit in during my own posts, but I thought it would be better here. (This is also getting posted on the front page, for easy referance).

Last edited:

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Ohh...Testa has a whip! Cool...I think it would be very entertaining. XD

Zinc, please tell me one of the GMPCs has a pole weapon (Spear? Glaive? Trident?).XD It would look pretty funny for Theresa to have the biggest weapon...and the only pole-ish weapon. XD

Vivian_Bloom

Army Field Medic
We're using pistols/guns as our evokers right? As for weapons go, is there a type of martial arts club where students can borrow equipment from instructors? Lace would work in hand-to-hand for combat but I am looking for an excuse to throw a staff her way.

Zincspider

My Bloody
Wulfgard has one in his arsenal. You can pick one up from him after your first Court.
(All clubs, rules, ect. are on in the first post again.)

Jason-Kun

What dorms are open? Was planning on having Clarise stay in the dorms. Though if there's a female character with a dorm and it's allowed, maybe she could share with them?