• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Persona: OP

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
Russell does seem like a funny victim for dwarf jokes...maybe have an axe as his alternate? XD

I will give him an axe then but I'm going to get him to gradually learn to use. He'll build up his strength (Haha, get it he's the Strength Arcana) so he can use it then chop down Mana(or Niihyl ) for throwing him... Now we're the same height! ...And that why you don't throw dwarves, gnomes are fair game though ;)

I'm in the Eastern Time Zone (GMT -5), just so ya know.

Alignment... Neutral or Chaotic Good for Russell? He kind of a little rebellious but tries to not be thought badly about... I'm really not sure.

I like Lemon Tea shipping name more.

... I think I replied to everything that matters you chatty people. By the way, I trying out editing the trope page and put in some stuff about Russell if anyone cares.

Jason-Kun

Still trying to think of tropes for Clarise myself. Would love to get some input/help from you all.

As for things like armbands for BEAST, maybe we could do specially made jackets/rings instead?

Zincspider

My Bloody
@Jason
We'll cross that bridge when we get there mate. We need to focus on the now.

Niihyl

Posthuman
A lawful evil enemy would be constrained by his own rules. If the enemy starts changing around the rules, that heads into neutral or chaos area. A chaotic evil enemy would be unpredictable, and unbound by moral or other constraints. But they end up like Orc hordes a lot, uncontrolled, wild, and lacking in strategy.

So, Neutral Evil, performing evil while obeying the rules when it suits him, and breaking the rules when they do not. Self serving to the extreme.

Whereas Neutral Good involves obeying the rules, but breaking them without a second thought if it's to do the good thing. The most 'good' alignment.

True Neutral is self-serving, I suppose, and not bound by any requirements. I like to think Mana'll stay good for now, unless more people start dying and he becomes unable to deal with past grief, etc. When will Persona evolutions happen?

I would actually like a game with the following alignment scales:

Good-Evil
Law-Chaos
Fame-Infamy (So you could be an evil monster, but if you kill all witnesses, no one knows you're evil. It always felt weird that everyone on earth suddenly knows I'm evil in games like inFamous when I killed all the civilians nearby. Who told people?)

Oh, and of course:

Cynical-Idealistic. I'm Cynical-Good. ;)

Yeah, BEAST is nice, right? Fits in with the pre-established setting. But no red armbands. That's just asking for Nazi references.

Hey, there are lots of yaoi shippings for straight characters. There are even Nevermetshippings. And are you sure JP is straight? -.- Mana was going to be bi, before it was changed due to liek EVERYONE being homosexual or bisexual. So, BEAST might be required clubwise. Maybe Mana should join Josh in Drama. I like acting. But no musicals. Singing is bad. As is dancing.

NOOOOO!!! You'll never find out where I live!!! ... Pacific Standard... Or summat like that. West Coast of the US of A. I don't know the exact GMT - though.

Zincspider

My Bloody
These don't really affect anything you know, Niihyl. :p
I think you meant you want to play a video game with that, but I can assure you that no one here will have there character know your evil if you slaughter someone and all the witnesses. Ok?

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
I don't like pinning alignments on characters unless it's certain. And with Snow being under The Hanged Man, it's uncertain. Anyhow, I'm in Central Standard Time.

I've been looking at the TVTropes pages. Pretty neat... could someone add The White Prince to Snow, pretty please? That was my inspiration for him. And if there's someone piano or music related that'll fit him, that'd be great. Thank you.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Hmm...for Clarise?

-You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Dark Blue.
-Black and White Beauty
-The Cheerleader: Averted, she's a nice girl.

Jason-Kun

Black and White beauty doesn't fit, she lacks the skin color needed for it. Other two fit well though.

Last edited:

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Oh, plus "Every Girl is Cuter with Hair Decs"!

Jason-Kun

This is true. Wonder if there's a trope for eye contacts, since she wears them. Meh, we're getting way offtopic. I'll ask over on the actual page.

Last edited:

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
I've searched...nothing turned up. XD

Now that I've put it on the trope page, I can confirm that Theresa is afraid of needles. XD Zinc, there should be a checkup soon, I wanna make Theresa cause a scene. (Oldest student afraid of needles will be quite a sight. XD)

Zincspider

My Bloody
Wait, Mods can change thread names right? Well, time to go grovel at the feet of my aquaintence, RL.

Also, does anyone know how to add a picture to a TV Tropes page? I was thinking of adding as many drawn character portraits as I could.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
I think you'll have to upload the image first. After that, you get the image's URL, then paste it on the editing part...under the headers I guess, based on how I read the editing boxes of other pages...

Edit: NINJA'D!

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Hmm... we mentioned that the dorms have a kitchen before - how well is it stocked, generally? Might be doing some experimentation there. Also, school lunches aside, how does the meal situation work for students? They're on their own? (I tend to ask lots of questions about details I use once or twice, BTW)

Ooh, drawn character portraits! Should be nice (though I did lift Sig's design pretty much entirely off another character in the first place).

[Central US Time Zone (GMT -6), since everyone seems to be throwing that around now.]

niedude

Don't forget to grin
Damnit, interwebz ate my post. That's what I get for stealing wifi xD
YOU SHUSH, it was that or not getting online at all!

But damn guys, 4 pages o_O

Onto the discussion:

BADDASS ACRONYMS WIN! BEAST, FTW!
And we totally need red jackets! or red anything! if only so that we can eventually look something like this:
imgres

on to that alignment discussion:

JP is a big True Neutral. I had a big argument to prove it too but interwebz was hungry and decided to have it. Damnz it. basically: he's selfish, self centered, cares little about his friends, likes to consider himself superior to most. Also, remember the bar scene? JP walks into a bar, and mops the floor with the bouncer, just cause he felt infuriated at how he had been humiliated in the Court (and Diego died, too. Minor detail xD) also, he's Persona not only knoes Mudo, but is also historically Lawful Evil.

The reason JP cant be considered XXX Evil is because he, himself, isnt. He holds treason as the single worst thing one can do to another human being, and that includes cheating and other things (note how the two most important woman in his life, Maria and his mom, both betrayed him one way or the other) and holds his own code of conduct (which he dislikes to break, but will absolutely do so if the need arises, like one of the boss Shadows in the court)

As for Terri, she's Neutral Good. No doubts about that. in my opinion, its not that she dislikes laws, its just that she doesn't give a crap about them and does what she believes is right, or apropriate (her actions and her clothing kinda reflect this) throwing Lawful alignment out the window. As for Chaotic... She just isn't. As I said, she acts acording to what she believes is right! She uses her morals. Chaotic doesn't use moral, they use rationality, or some other such and such.

Correct me if i'm wrong JG.

PS: GMT + Zero

Zincspider

My Bloody
GOOD NEWS!
Razor Leaf has changed the thread name! It's no longer 'Pesona', it's 'Persona'!
Everyone thank our friendly mod!

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Oh dear me... I feel so lost now. The real world is not being friendly at all to me in terms of free time, so I've had no time at all to read through the past RPG or the rest of this Discussion Thread, even. I have schoolwork, including two midterms coming up which I have not studied for. I have a job, which takes up my weekend nights. I have an internship I need to get caught up on. I have pressures to apply for graduate school. AND on top of that, I have my own RPG (Sword of Destiny) to run. ...Yeah. Being a college senior is fun, isn't it?

Well, I've already stayed up very late posting in my own RPG (it's quarter to 5AM where I live), so I might as well stay up all night to work on my first post for this RPG... just be aware that I might not be able to post very often this month. Fortunately my job lasts only during the Halloween season, so I should have more free time to post come November.

EDIT: Okay, I finished my first post. I know it's not much, but it's the best I can do when I'm tired after a long night at work...

Last edited:

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
..... Sigmund= Chocolate Superman n__n Sorry that just amused me I think I like Lace and her crazy little thoughts.

Yay, Kiruria isn't going to be booted... I stumbled upon some tropes I thought fitted Halberd tell me what you think if you happen to come around?

Bryan ‘Halberd’ Donneley

Man in a Kilt: He wears one.
Genius Bruiser: Good with technology/gadgets and he is a big, stocky guy.

Also since Zincspider didn't answer and I'm curious about it myself I shall requote Blivsey last statement.

Hmm... we mentioned that the dorms have a kitchen before - how well is it stocked, generally? Might be doing some experimentation there. Also, school lunches aside, how does the meal situation work for students? They're on their own? (I tend to ask lots of questions about details I use once or twice, BTW)