1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Persona: OP

Discussion in 'RPG Café' started by Zincspider, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Jason-Kun

Jason-Kun Well-Known Member

I don't even listen to the music Zinc links to when he adds music to posts. I doubt I'm going to listen to any playlist. And I honestly can't be bothered to come up with one for Clarise either.

2. Niihyl

Niihyl Posthuman

I would prefer to have the crossdressing competition in-RPG. There's no sense of interaction to a Fanfic. And 'sides, Zinc, could you really beat out the hilarity of a real GoldenHouou/Wordy post?

IMO, we should listen to Blivsey more often. He's sane, and has good ideas.

As for music... I listen to all the tracks. I like music, and this sort of thing interests me. But, if we want to compartmentalize tracks... I dunno, one overworld theme for each of us (right now), then one battle theme from each of us (when the Court begins) and a Shadow Theme/Boss Fight Theme when each of our specific bosses emerges.

3. Jason-Kun

Jason-Kun Well-Known Member

Or maybe we can have one song for Shaodw/Boss fights in general with everyone else just having one Overworld theme and one battle theme?

4. Zincspider

Zincspider My Bloody

Listen, there will be no cannon cross-dressing pagent. Period. There's no way for me to fit somthing so silly into the story with what's going on, and there's no arguing beyond it. I can't even fit the freaking beach into it.
    On the otherhand, I've been working hardon something that I'd rather not have just thrown out. It's better than nothing.
    Third, and this is crucial, I am the GM here. I will ask for imput, or advice, but on some occasions don't argue. I'm here to be your friend, but I'm also here to make sure this game runs smoothly. Fitting everything 'funny' into the RP won't make it better. Quite the opposite really.

I'm prefectly fine with fewer songs, especially since this was never mandatory, but no one should be deciding what the rest should do or dictating the whole ordeal. It was meant to be a fun little thing, not a chore. You can all choose whatever damn music to post as you like, and you can all choose to just sit back and look at the fools posting it. We don't need guidelines.

EDIT: And Niihyl, yes. I do think I can. Believe it or not, I happen to take a little bit off pride in my work.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  5. Niihyl

Niihyl Posthuman

Aight, we can be serious. The theme seems to be in that wing of the spinning compass of plot anyway.

Just making suggestions to the crowd, bro. The music thing is just for fun, anyhow.

Never meant to doubt your writing skills, of course. Sorry if it felt that way. Remember not to take me seriously, I'm joking most of the time.

All my sentences go: Sentence comma addendum. Hm. Weird.

6. Zincspider

Zincspider My Bloody

Now, I'm not suggesting we never have fun or crack jokes, but there are some things that just can't happen.

Hmmm... I guess I have to lighten the mood now. Enjoy. (Except JK who will not watch because they never do.)
    [video=youtube;MkWrrY2fEEY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkWrrY2fEEY&feature=related[/video]

7. Kiruria

Kiruria La Melancolie Noir

After much searching, I found a few themes! Heeding Wordy's advice though (*gasp*), I won't post them all at once.

First here's a couple of themes for Halberd:

Battle theme: "Shall We Take A Turn" by Korpiklaani
    Scathach's theme: "The Spirit of Excalibur" by Enaid

The first theme makes me think of fencing whenever I hear it. The second has a seemingly unfitting name, but sounds like something that might play while she's hiding in the shadows behind Halberd.

One tip I have in coming up with themes is thinking about what kinds of music your character likes. It would be appropriate for characters' themes to match their music preferences, but that doesn't have to always be the case. It's just an idea. For example, all the themes I have in mind for Snow have the piano as the main instrument. And Halberd's favourite genre of music is metal (especially power/folk metal), hence why I picked the battle theme I did. He also likes electronica, which will be the genre of the next two themes I post for him.

And here's a song that (at least to me) fits Ciara very well:
    "My Mind's Eye" by Sirenia
    I can so picture Ciara singing this.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  8. InnerFlame

InnerFlame Fire and Ice Combo

A Joshua just for laughs song

Hehe, this song totally reminded me of Joshua if you replace My Whole Family with All My Friends. Even if you don't so it's still a funny song. Enjoy.

I'll unveil Russell song eventually I think I'm still very much fishing around for music... And I keep getting distracted by tvtrope I just enjoy reading them. I can't see why Kiruria is so intimidated by it. It doesn't bite.

9. Son_of_Shadows

Son_of_Shadows Well-Known Member

That was pretty entertaining. Can't see myself using it as a theme though.

10. InnerFlame

Oh you don't have to use it as a theme I just found the song when I was going through my playlist on youtube called songs I like. It reminded me of the Mistaken for Gay Josh so I thought I'd share it. But I'm glad it did entertain you that was the main point of it.

11. Son_of_Shadows

I suggest a compendium of our various themes so we can put them in our posts if we so choose. Here's a couple for Joshua.

Joshua's Leitmotif

Normal Battle Theme

Had a whole bunch of ideas today for boss themes but they keep slipping out of my head. Damn it all!

12. Zincspider

Zincspider My Bloody

Tis sort of a sad song for his leitmotif isn't it?

Anyway, these don't count for anything, but I went and matched a few of the characters up to a song... for fun, you know.

JP- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_sakTBbg-o (This is my personal favorite match-up)

Izzy- http://miracleofsound.bandcamp.com/track/comin-for-your-tank

Josh (And by extent, Mana or JP)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuR5YMyfeNI

Night-time Overworld Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1AK0jwHApQ

Siggy or Siggy's Shadow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulu3LMP8If4

13. Son_of_Shadows

Well, yes, but it's kind of the point. He's a mess of neuroses and has been very damaged by the Court, physically and mentally. He's also quite a reflective person as I think I've made apparent by my posts, which I think the theme represents. Also it's a damn amazing piece. Of course, I've been wrong before~

Just for linking to Avenue Q, 10 respect points. I believe this puts you at 777. As a reward for hitting the jackpot, here's a complementary shower cap.
    bea012_pink_shower_cap_300under.jpg

14. Niihyl

Niihyl Posthuman

"If You Were Gay"... that song killed me right there. The Sesame Street voices didn't help in the slightest. Reminds me of Elmo slashfic.

... Where'd I put my bleach...

Joshua's leitmotif is so emo... His battle theme is from Days of Ruin though, so I approve. I always used Gage myself, since my strategy for everything was spam Battleships. Because Battleships are honestly OP. Actually, that's a lie, I play as Penny sometimes. Because insanity is pretty much all you need to merit a spot on the Niihyl's Favorite Characters list.

Halberd's... accordion(?) folk metal themes are... fitting. Hooray for folk metal though, I've gotten into it ever since looking through Falconer's stuff.

Oi, SoS, you stole my shower cap!

Also, this auto-save thing is surprisingly useful.

15. Zincspider

Zincspider My Bloody

And then no one kept Josh in their party, as his theme depresses them.

Also, for my first post in the new RP thread, I'm going to be bunnying all of your characters a tiny bit through their actions.
    I'm letting you know so anyone can raise objections if they have them. It's just an easier way for me to speed the first post by so we can get to the real meat of the RP.
    It's just a little fight, don't worry. I won't comprimise any plans.
    I just need to know from Bliv if Sig is willing to use his Persona right away, or should I wait for him to do it on his own.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  16. Blivsey

Blivsey DATA_ERROR

Oh, Sig got past the bit where he was apprehensive of using Hua Po in the last thread. At this point, he'll still grumble a bit when somebody teases him about it, but other than that he doesn't really care too much any more - keeping Hua Po out lowers his chance of breaking ribs.

In short, go for it.

Also, MOTOR HEAD would be a fine theme for Sigmund's shadow, since it starts out more jazzy before slipping into the hard rock theme of the main RP. That Overworld track is rather classy, as well, I might add.

My own pick for Sigmund's Battle Theme: Too Good Too Bad. I could easily pull quite a few tracks for Sig from the Seatbelts, honestly.

17. Zincspider

Zincspider My Bloody

Good, good. I'll get right on it then if no one else has any objections.

I'm liking that track there, Bliv, so I suggest somthing from the same soundtrack for Sig's Shadow instead of MOTOR HEAD:
    Bad Dog No Biscuits
    Delightfully chaotic, dangerous, and likely silly at the same time.

18. Son_of_Shadows

Forever alone. Then he began listening to Linkin Park. CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN.

I'm fine with the bunnying, though I'm now very curious about what's going to happen.

@Niihyl: I play Gage a lot too, mostly just for his theme. Same goes for Tasha, whose theme is just mind-blowing. Goddess of Revenge indeed. But my favourite thing about the game's music is the intro to Penny's theme. Don't ask me why.

19. InnerFlame

I like it. It's not that bad it a very nice pieces. It is a little sad of a theme.

Honestly when I thought of that song all I could think about was the fanfic were Mana was accusing JP of being gay because in his story he said Snow was cute as Ciara's thought.

With Kiruria music I was brought my back to my days when I was in Orchestra. Began thinking of using a piece for one of the themes, so Battle Theme

By the way there nothing wrong with listening to Linkin' Park. I personally like them and I'm a perfectly happy person. "I've gone so far and works so hard but in the end it doesn't even matter!" I'll admit that have some pretty depressing lyrics which is the only reason why I decided again using it for Russell sad theme.

20. MarbleZone

MarbleZone All lies and jest

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012