1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Persona: OP

Discussion in 'RPG Café' started by Zincspider, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Zincspider

Zincspider My Bloody

I like the new guy.
    He has moxie.
    He's already jumping into the activities, and we haven't even started yet.
    We don't have to haze him, fellas.

2. niedude

niedude Don't forget to grin

Well, since everyone's pretty into this soundtrack business, I reckon its about time I jumped in the bandwagon.

JP's Battle Theme
    (Ever since he started fighting alone Jp's kinda Taken a Level in Badass)

And his Leitmotif
    The pic on the movie goes perfectly well with how I imagine JP lately, which just adds to the whole experience.

And his Boss battle theme?
    We all know what that is :p

3. Wordy

Wordy #FlorrieSlayage2014

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  4. TheSequelReturns

TheSequelReturns Phantom Thief

5. Vivian_Bloom

Vivian_Bloom Army Field Medic

The BGM bandwagon is pulling out the station? Now?! Ah, crap! (Surprised reaction) I'll squat down with the pigs in the last car.

Three songs should be alright. It's much easier to avoid potential meltdown to the servers that way.

Lace's Main Theme

Battle Theme

Shadow Lace's Theme

Feel free to bunny all you like, Zinc. Come on, it can be exciting. Really! Who knows what'll happen to us.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  6. Zincspider

Zincspider My Bloody

Don't worry.
    I'll just beshowing off your powers. It'll be like watching a cutscene. Absolutely no danger. I promise.

7. Blivsey

Blivsey DATA_ERROR

Well, we can all play at that game, now can't we? Here: five numbers sounds about like my maximum - the first and third numbers are the most relevant ones.

Sigmund's Theme (Smooth jazz is smooth.)

Sigmund's Leitmotif (Even smoother jazz is even smoother. Also, if you haven't played this game already, give it a shot. It's much better than it sounds.)

Sigmund's Battle Music (Jazz with steady energy and a good beat)

Sigmund's Shadow Theme(A heavier jazz number approaching rock territory. Mind you, either of Zinc's proposed themes would be equally awesome.)

Hua Po's Theme (A nice, dainty piano piece. Gotta love the Gnossiennes.)

8. Zincspider

Zincspider My Bloody

Well, what do you know. Bliv's played KS. I'm impressed.

Anyone else want to throw in their two bits? Or songs? I prefer music over bits to be honest.

9. Ysavvryl

Ysavvryl Pokedex Researcher

You're going to make me hunt down the songs I like? But there's so much else to do!

lol, I'll look when I get the right amount of time. I did think that piano music would be nice for Snow, but I'm still considering what his theme music would actually sound like. I plugged 'solo piano' into Pandora and came up with some options; need to find them again and compare, since I've done that over the past few days.

In fact, the only two songs I'm certain of suggesting would both fit Shadow Snow.

10. InnerFlame

InnerFlame Fire and Ice Combo

Okay everyone I just want to say I'm not putting up my songs yet. If you want to know why, I'm still in music overload and don't want to listen to the dozen of songs people are putting up, (just like Wordy said, gasp!). So I'm waiting for there to be no music at all then... Bam here's my music.

Would Classical Music pieces work for Snow Ysa 'cause I like classical music; and I know quite a few from being in the orchestra.

11. GoldenHouou

GoldenHouou li-no-one

So many links! Need to get clicking when I get the time. Which won't be in a while.

So, popped in to say that while listening to my soundtracks when working, I came upon this, which is pretty perfect for Sofiya. I mean, just look at the lyrics and everything (in case you can't make out the Engrish from the song itself). No idea which theme it would be but uh, yeah. I HAVE CONTRIBOOOTED NOW. And rekindled my desire to play TWEWY. Fuck.

Oh. And I especially love this line:

Beautiful.

Will add more later.

EDIT: What's this, new skins? Meh. Will stick to my Poison skin until we get the Ice one.

12. Ysavvryl

I'm putting off listening to pieces too due to lack of time. And when I want background music for writing, I want something that won't be distracting and I don't have to pay attention to. Anyhow...

Above post still made me laugh.

@IF: Yeah, Classical is one I'm looking into for Snow. I just have trouble naming any piece of music I know. Any piece... there's this one song that I'd love to use but I haven't heard it on the radio in years and the name escapes me.

I'll try to find the two pieces I have in mind at least. I'm worried about finding one, though, since it's on a CD I own and I don't know if it was released on the radio.

13. InnerFlame

InnerFlame Fire and Ice Combo

Which section of music theme would you think it fit for Snow and I'll try to find one that'll fit it.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  14. Niihyl

Niihyl Posthuman

Snow does seem like the classical type of kid, hm? Actually, for him, a couple of Catherine's classical remixes might fit. A bit of classical old school with a modern taste. My personal favorite is Bach's Little Fugue in G Minor. I've always loved the piece, and Meguro has done a great job, as always.

Eh... Mana themes? I'm still debating between several techno-funk tracks, hard rock, pseudo-classical and horror music. Because I can't figure out how to get Concept of Love into this. I mean, that's a track from my very first video game. Nostalgia, man.

New skins? Who cares, I only use Default and Happy Theme anyway.

Edit:

TWEWY is the best DS game ever. Just sayin'.

Sho is also an amazing character. Which is why I'm wearing his coat, his jeans, his cap, and his bandanna. Pwnt.

15. Son_of_Shadows

Son_of_Shadows Well-Known Member

I've actually been replaying TWEWY lately! That game... So zetta sexy. Pick it up again GH, you cannot resist Sho Minamimoto. DO IT.

16. Zincspider

Zincspider My Bloody

[video=youtube;ldMkacLcpNc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldMkacLcpNc&feature=related[/video]
    I love this video.

In other news, I'll have the new RP and DT up by Saturday, so stay on the edges of your seats.

17. Son_of_Shadows

Son_of_Shadows Well-Known Member

You know me Zinc, I'm never off it. It's precarious as all hell though.

EDIT: Oh dear God Zinc, that video is amazing.

18. Ysavvryl

As long as the bunnying does not involve vampire bunnies, I'm okay. Hmm, Bunnicula as a Persona... Yay for knowing a start date!

I got some music. Anyhow, I was thinking about Snow's background the the band Mutalyze. I wanted them to be unique, but then it's hard to get across what that means. Anyhow, I've now decided that Mutalyze is a classical crossover group, one that blends classical pieces with modern music styles, with some vocal pieces done. If I could, I would share with you a piece that is classical + 70's pop disco that I love. Unfortunately, I can't find that one.

But I was able to find a song by Escala, which would be similar in style to Mutalyze (maybe not in instruments). So here is Snow's battle theme.

And here is Snow's personal theme, which was the first song that my solo piano station on Pandora gave me. I made it specifically to find these songs, so it's weird that the first song is the one I like for him best.

Here is the serious suggestion for Shadow Snow's theme. I considered it for Snow, as it's fitting. It's just too dark, hence it being suitable for the Shadow Self.

And here is the joke theme, Shadow Snow in Large Ham mode. Not entirely appropriate... just listen for the funny.

19. Zincspider

Zincspider My Bloody

After that last song, I now know when we'll be fighting Shadow Snow.

Also, for those of you who haven't figured it out yet:
    [video=youtube;mHhgyQ4lVRE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHhgyQ4lVRE[/video]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  20. Niihyl

Niihyl Posthuman

... Thanks to that video, I will now permanently refer to the Court of Miracles as the 'Court of Ankle-Deep Sewage'.

Also, I finally remembered where Randy's name came from. Great. Yet Clopin is still the best character in the whole movie. Because the dude honestly does not give a ****. Randy has a big name to live up to.

We're battling Shadow Snow in the snow? Yay! On that note, it's snowing again here. Even though it's already nearly halfway through Spring. Come on, it didn't snow during Christmas, but it snows now!?