• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Persona- Overpowering Past

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Theresa Del Monico
Court of Miracles

"No...." Theresa murmured as she saw Demeter's shield shatter around JP. Shadow Miyuki then proceeded to slash at him, leaving him heavily injured. Theresa frantically shook her head.

"JP!" She exclaimed, fearing for his life. She promised to take care of him and so far, it wasn't looking too good. However, JP summoned his remaining strength to unleash the full power of a new spell: Mudo. The attack connected, and Shadow Miyuki's lower arms were blasted off. However, this left JP even weaker. Snow had gone on to heal him, but Theresa knew that it wouldn't be enough.

"Demeter...do you know how to heal?" She asked her Persona, who looked at her.

"Child...I know but one healing spell...that is Summer Wind..." She replied. Theresa looked at Shadow-Miyuki and guessed that she could take a break and help JP for a while. She rushed over to JP's side and looked at Demeter.

"Demeter...Summer Wind...help him..." She said. Demeter raised her rod, and a golden breeze materialized, golden petals flying around JP. She looked at Snow, nodding.

"I'll help the best I could. I can't let him die either...not when I love him..." She said quietly. She was loved, and she would fight for the one who she loved. Theresa touched her head, trying to quell the increasing dizziness she was feeling. Laying her head on top of JP, she allowed Demeter's Summer Wind to wash over them.

"Hold on...JP...my love...I'm here..." She whispered as she raised her now-slightly-relieved head and stroked him.

Son_of_Shadows

OOC: Jeez, I have so much to catch up on here. And I have to go out for a little while shortly, so I may end up posting half now, then editing the rest in. Just whatever I get written.

... In other news, Joshua is a racist, yaaaaaaaay!

Joshua Sands - Tower Arcana - Court of Miracles - Cafeteria

Joshua's hand went into his inside pocket as this peculiar jester appeared. Could this be another Shadow Self? As its mask switched from comedy to tragedy, a horrifying thought entered his mind. Is this my own? His hand gripped the pistol evoker tighter. Nobody would die tonight, not if he could help it. His other hand moved to his foil, just in case. He probably wouldn't be much help against a Shadow Self physically, but if it went for him, it would be his last line of defence. But no, this strange jester was here to warn the group of something larger tonight... Perhaps it wasn't a Shadow Self. But if it was warning them, maybe it wasn't malicious? Regardless, Joshua didn't trust the thing. Nothing he'd seen in this Court so far had been remotely good, and he suspected this was no different. Is that a little racist of me? Maybe. As quickly as it appeared though, it was gone. Randy voiced the question on everyone's mind. Even Wulfgard was clueless. This didn't bode well.

A sharp cry from a younger boy brought Joshua to the conclusion that more new students had been pulled into the court tonight. Great, more liabilities. As long as none of them tried to be a hero, they should be fine though, with this many Persona-users around to protect them. Mana and Terri took on the role of reassuring them. "Folks, if you've never seen anything like this before, for the love of God, stick close to us," he said as a general comment to the newbies. "You won't regret it, believe me." Randy meanwhile had done a headcount, and realised something: Kent and Miyuki were missing. Cue major "oh crap" moment on the part of the Persona-users. Randy spotted what he thought was Miyuki... Only, it wasn't. It really, really wasn't. The second he realised, he was flung away like a ragdoll, as "Miyuki" transformed into a hideous silver-armoured hybrid of a dragon and a fox. And it was armed.

This was nothing like the last Shadow Self the group had fought. For one thing, it had been much smaller. And as much as it "had no quarrel" with Randy, it sure seemed eager to knock him about. Ditto the others who rushed in, like JP and Mana. Terri quickly took a support role, protecting the frontliners with thorny briars. Someone even threw a molotov cocktail at the thing! Joshua WOULD have asked "WHO THE HELL THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA?!" as one of the younger boys (Already trying to be a hero. Goddammit, why does nobody ever listen to me?) approached the dragon, and was promptly set on fire. Where was Joshua in all of this? Knocking his knees together in sheer terror. Despite what he'd seen last week, he would never have anticipated something like this.

I said I wouldn't run anymore... I said I wouldn't hide... I... Oh God, I can't do this... Can I?

Then something horrible happened. Shadow Miyuki, angered by the constant assault, blasted JP with a mighty light attack, slicing into him like a volley of swords. Fortunately, as she went to chase one of the new girls, they had a brief respite. Snow and Terri quickly tried to heal JP. Snow's Dia spell was still weak, and he was inexperienced with it. Terri was already completely exhausted from the defensive barriers she'd put up early in the fight. Sigmund, like a boss, had jumped on to Shadow Miyuki, and was simply beating the living daylights out of her. Well, unless he was just hitting the armour, Joshua couldn't see.

What can I do... I'm useless... My Ice Blade... I can't go after that thing...

He had one chance.

"PERSONA!" he bellowed, drawing the pistol, and firing at his head. In a flash, the Hindu god Shiva appeared again.

Fear not child. There is much that we can do, this I promise you. I think this will be to your liking.

Strange for the situation as it was, Shiva began to sing. It was a strange, calming song, capable of healing even the soul. Joshua, despite feeling a little dizzy from summoning him, began to join in with the song, his comparatively higher voice harmonising. There were no lyrics to the aria, just a simple melody. (OOC: The song can be found here. Seemed appropriate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_JmrCIXnHM)

Shiva was right, it was to Joshua's liking. It almost seemed to put him at ease, despite knowing how much danger they were in, and how useless in actual combat he would be. Shiva took on a brief blue glow, and suddenly, the water vapour in the air around Joshua began to freeze, into the shape of a bass. Instinctively, the boy began to play it, keeping a steady rhythm with the song. The sound waves seemed to radiate out from Joshua and Shiva. The effect would probably not be much, but hopefully it would restore the group's vitality, and heal JP. Please, JP... Don't die. I think you're something of an ***... But don't die. I can't handle it. As the new Aria spell finished, the ice bass disappeared, and Joshua panted. That had been hard work.

Shiva had another surprise up his sleeve for Joshua. A brisk wind blew throughout the battlefield now, surrounding each individual with something of a shield of moving air to protect them from future attacks. Hopefully Sigmund in particular would find this useful. In addition, the fire on Russell's coat was extinguished, nobody having bothered to even stamp on it in the confusion.

My Aria, and Bracing Breeze spells. Call on them whenever you need.

Joshua now fell on one knee. Casting spells was such hard work, and he almost wanted to throw up. But he could not, not now. There was still much to be done. "Guys... We need to make sure Randy's ok... And protect that other girl. So... Ugh... Snow, go find him and give him a Dia... Terri and I can take care of everyone else, healing-wise... I just need a minute..."

Jason-Kun

Clarise Stone
Court of Miracles

As Theresa finished explaining things to her, she unsheathed a long instrument, a scythe. Accepting the weapon, Clarise took in her explanation. "Are you sure that this'll work?" she asked, holding the implement delicately. Scrambling after the older girl, Clarise watched as she held the gun , pulling the trigger with trembling hands. There was a sound of shattering glass and, shockingly, a figure clad in green with golden petals falling around it appeared.

Once outside, Clarise wqatched as the figure - a woman?- in green made what looked like briars appear underneath the monster. Shortly thereafter, vines of ivy appeared as well, entwining themselves within the briars. Slipping past Theresa, Clarise used both hands to swing the scythe at the creature, jabbing it upwards as she pulled back.

Not long after that, she noticed Russel disappear out of the corner of her eye. Shrugging, she ignored the sight of Ciara running off to continue her assault of the Shadow. Not long after, Russel returned with cooking implements in hand. Shortly thereafter, something slammed into the monster, igniting in flames. To her left, Russel also appeared to have caught fire.

Stopping, she watched as the Shadow scratched out the word "HAMA." Turning, she watched as JP's clothes tore, red slashes appearing in his skin. Soon after, the Shadow passed by the group, appearing to chase after Ciara. Not much later, two blast hit the monster and a few people broke off to tend to JP, the sound of music playing. That settled, Clarise stood back, watching the Shadow retreat and brandishing the scythe in both hands.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
OOC: Hah. Caught up and posted before ya got to ninja me. And Sofiya finally actually got to do something. 8D Not a whole lot, but damn, it meant much to her.

--

Sofiya Mikhailovna Ignatova
Cafeteria area
Court of Miracles

Little after the Court had begun, a strange Shadow had appeared. Many had seemed to be vary of it, some scared and some just plain right confused, but Sofiya… well, she had enjoyed the show. The creature looked like a clown to her, one of those things she’d see in circuses. Just that... it had no ball to balance on top of. Maybe that's why it was so restless? It was endearing the way it bounced around, wearing a mask and funny clothes. She found it cute, energetic! It did mock the new girl who had joined them some Courts ago, though, which was something clowns really shouldn’t do. They should make people laugh, not insult them! So the clown was being bad. She was about to walk up to the creature and tell it so, but before she could do that, it had disappeared and left behind a warning. Sofiya had just stood there fro a while, wondering what the words had meant. And then she got it.

Aww, it was a future teller too! I looove those!

Sofiya smiled, turning to look the group over to see if everyone was gathered. She was excited to get to kill Shadows, though there was this strange feeling somewhere in the back of her mind. The feeling of worry. But like always, she just ignored it and decided to revel in her excitement instead. Before she could finish checking who were present, though, she heard new voices. New people. A boy and a girl, both seeming positively terrified. Oh, they’d be alright after a few Courts. They’d learn that this was actually sort of fun!

And then, someone finished counting those present before her. And one sentence, just one single question pulled the excited smile from Sofiya’s face and replaced it with concern.

“WHERE'S MIYUKI!?”

Sofiya turned to the shouter, feeling worry wash over her for reasons unknown. Why did she feel so… strange? Their ‘teacher’ had told them that another powerful Shadow would appear this Friday. Was that it? Was that why she felt like… like nobody should be separated from the main group this particular night. It wasn’t like this was the first time someone didn’t show up, either. But no. No, this time, this was bad. They had to find her. Especially her.

Ran… Raymond, or something like that, seemed to have the exact same thoughts. He dashed out of the Cafeteria, and Sofiya struggled to follow, not paying attention to the argument that had erupted some distance away from her. She didn’t even hear the gunshots from IP’s evoker. She was deaf now, being able to hear nothing but faint screaming somewhere in the back of her mind. Someone screaming when they were burnt alive. It hadn’t even been that long, since-

Why was she thinking about that now?

As Sofiya stepped half-way out of the door, she saw a familiar hooded figure walking towards them, and worry was pushed back to where it came from. Sofiya raised a hand to greet Miyuki, only to… To have to look up, in the matter of seconds. Up. Up. And even further…

“Up…” She whispered to herself, instinctively taking a few steps back when Miyuki burst from her clothes, taking the form of something… That Sofiya actually found kind of cute. It had a fluffy tail!

No, wait.

“Miyu… Miy-,” Sofiya began in a confused whisper, the dormant worry now having turned into sheer shock. That… that wasn’t Miyuki. Couldn’t be. But it had looked like her. So then it… had to be… Her Shadow.

Sofiya leaned against the wall, eying up at the creature as it shouted something and most everyone rushed to fight it. But Sofiya couldn’t. She was preoccupied with thoughts… horrible thoughts that swirled around in her mind and forced her heartbeat to fasten. The previous Shadow Self, it had... wanted to kill its counterpart. No, not just wanted; it had killed its counterpart. Scorched the poor boy to ashes. And now, this thing most likely wanted the same. And Miyuki was alone. Being alone was bad. And scary.

And dangerous.

Curling her hand into a fist, Sofiya’s face gained a determined, slightly angry look. No. Miyuki wouldn’t be alone for long. She’d find her. She'd protect her.

Sofiya glanced at the others, biting her lip when she saw the condition IP was already in. Everyone was fighting so bravely, and she wanted to help them, but… but someone needed to go find Miyuki. But if she left, would the rest of the group be okay? IP seemed to be hurting so much… it hurt her, too. Horus was powerful, she could use him to…

She hadn’t yet decided on a course of action, when the creature had already started to move, rushing into a direction the opposite of the Cafeteria. Sofiya snapped out of her thoughts instantly, and without a second thought, decided that she had to find Miyuki first. Before that creature could find her... A shiver ran down Sofiya's spine and she bolted into a run, continuing her sprint even after something had caused the huge, fluffytailed Shadow to turn around and fight off whatever had attacked it.

Sofiya ran for a while, the sounds from the battlefield resonating from behind her back. But no matter how far away from the group she distanced herself, the sounds would not die down. No, it seemed that rather, they grew louder. They pummeled the insides of Sofiya’s head, and for reasons unknown, she soon found herself in tears.

No… This wasn’t right. Wasn't she just... running away?

She turned around, not even having realized that she had stopped her run. She looked back, and saw Terri lying on IP’s chest, she saw flames and… was that small dot on top of the creature one of their group? She gulped and looked back in the direction she had been running to, the weight of decision crushing her shoulders. She… didn’t want to be useless. And right now, she was probably the only one who hadn’t done anything to help yet. Nobody needed a soldier who couldn’t think fast. Who couldn’t decide.

Who couldn’t… fight.

Yes. She had to fight. If she fought, if she just killed whatever threatened them all... Then there'd be no problem. Not to Miyuki or anyone else. Running away for whatever reason was never good. Not when everyone else was... And even if they weren't...

Sofiya bit her lip again, though this time, not out of fear. She hrust her hand inside her jacket and turned to run back to the fight. She had to protect Miyuki, yes, but... but that wouldn't be enough. Thinking that you were useful because you managed to keep one person safe... that's not what soldiers thought.

She could hear music now, beautiful and shooting. And she could feel something warm inside her head. Something… comforting. Her Persona, and its eagerness to fight. And since that Persona was just a part of her mind... her own eagerness to fight.

She stopped some distance away from the creature and drew in a breath, looking up at the thing, evoker in hand. She couldn’t kill it, no way. But she could do something else. Something useful.

“HEY! UM…” She began. Trying hard to quickly come up with a name to refer to it as. Shields, big form, dragon-like body... oh, and the tail- “F-FLUFFY!”

Sofiya pushed the evoker just above her ear, hand steady. Her hand never shook when she held a gun. Somehow, it felt even more comforting in her hand than her knife did. She had always liked guns, ever since she first shot one, almost ten years ago. They brought power, but also responsibility.

Right now, she was welcoming both.

"Come, child. Show me that you are worthy of my power. Worthy of the power of a God!"

“I’m not going to let you hurt Miymiyu!" Sofiya yelled, voice strained as she tried to get the creature to hear her. She had no idea if her words carried all the way up to its head. But she had to shout. She had to say what she thought. It made her feel powerful. "We’ll get you here, before you even get to reach her! Before she has to see your ugly form!”

Though I don't really think you're that ugly... Sofiya whimpered in her mind, face gaining a slight, pouting expression, I mean that tail, and-

"Do not falter now. Focus. I will not be humiliated by your childishness any further. Summon me!"

Snapping back to what she was doing, back to the more serious expression, Sofiya took a deep breath. She breathed and pulled the trigger, the ear piercing shattering of glass causing her to wince slightly. But her voice wasn’t shaky. Not anymore.

“HORUS!” She shouted, taking a few steps back, “Bufu, at its legs!”

And so a large bird, engulfed in blinding light spread its wings above its summoner. His eyes showed condescend even though the foe was many times his size. But under Horus’ prideful gaze, everything was small.

"Such a pitiful sight to behold."

Horus spread his wings further, every feather gaining a bluish glow. It took off, flying straight at the Shadow’s legs, freezing them as it passed by in an attempt to hold it still, even for a moment. And if it… no, when it broke out of the ice…

Sofiya furthered herself from the creature, stumbling and almost falling. Her head hurt. The world was spinning slightly, but she forced herself to stand. When the Shadow thawed out of the ice, she’d just… freeze it again. And again. She wouldn’t let it move. She'd attack the hands if she had to.

She wouldn’t let the people fighting here get hurt… but she wouldn’t let it take off and hurt Miyuki, either.

This way, she didn’t have to choose who to protect.

She’d protect everyone.

Last edited:

Vivian_Bloom

Army Field Medic
Why is there bacon in the soap?! <(>.<)>

Lace Condor
Bellow Cafeteria
Court of Miracles

Contact confirmed! That ghost'll be up in smoke and oh-, well ok nevermind.
This phantom thing had life, it was moving way to fast to be hooked up to a pair of cables. The cocktail she threw struck the left shoulder of the creature and light a brief flame. It wasn't melting away into soup as Lace'd planned, something else had to be done.

Lace watched in silence and walked forward uphill until she had a complete view of all her classmates.
" What are these guys doing out here? It's not too late out, but the events over. Maybe there cleaning up all the confetti and equitment around," she said as Lace raised a hand above to shield her gaze.

They were all teenagers, and this wasn't a show. Far out infront, a boy lay on the floor with his shirt completely torn. Woah! Where'd he get those kinda gash marks, those look deep! Some guy sliced on the ground, weird chick with an umbrella running off, and this snow giant yeti...thing.

There was a sudden explosion as darkness rose up from beneath the creature, and its quick speed was halted. A dark figure appeared ontop of the yeti and fixed itself in position to pound it. Leaning forward in a peek trying to keep her distance, she just made out what it was.

"Sigmund?" she said quietly. "Is this what he's been up to since earlier today? Just monkeyin' around huh."

Her heard started to feel light and everything began to move so fast. A tall young woman across from pulled out what looked a pistol and aimed it to her head. A large gust of wind blew across her body and Lace felt a light barrier form by her.

"M-m-must be a magic show of some kind. Was that glass breaking? There aren't any doors around here how could've that happened? I can't touch this stuff, this is awesome! I know it's here, or there's just a fan hooked up by the walls yeah."
Lace mimed her hands around her feeling the wind and a cool breeze overcame her. Closing her eyes for a few deep breaths, she opened her eyes to fully realize her situation. Her cocktail bottle, this towering samurai Yeti, glass breaking, and colored demons running across the grounds. It all made so much sense.

Why didn't I bring a costume with me?!

Standing abrubtly straight and covering her face with both hands, Lace screamed to herself in ignorance. Peeking through her fingers, she saw a block of ice solidify around the creatures feet from out of nowhere.

"HORUS!"

What'd she just say? It's like there setting that thing up for something. That firmness of this girl was pretty real as far as I can tell. She's probably a good sport in drama club.
If that bottle bomb didn't faze whatever the target was, she had a trump that'd settle it down for good. Taking the crimson lighter out of her breast pocket, Lace quickly ran back to retrieve her backpack behind her. Holding the lighter inbetween her teeth she quickly unzipped the bag and pulled out with both hands her sweet surprise. A medium-watermelon sized, rainbow boogie bomb.

Back in Burt's shop, he'd warned her about these fireworks back during the concert before she passed out. She remembered his ranting earlier.
"Ya got a little over five seconds to get out range, about seven feet before the boogie goes off. Got it from a good pal of mine down in the Carribean, never showed it to the kids," lighting a cigarette. "It's got all sorts of sparkly colors, little bits a confetti hangin' offa it. Not too flashy, but lemme tell ya." He motioned Lace closer over the counter. "When that bad boy goes off, let's say it'll make a slight dent on the concrete huh? Save that for the holidays way out in the corn fields or somethin!," he feel into a pit of laughter.

Lace had an angry look in her eyes as she ran infront of the yeti just passing its frozen legs. Whatever it is, and how fast it was didn't matter now, this things not going anywhere! The yeti robot was at least nearly a ceiling taller than she. Setting the fuse lite just before, all in 2 seconds she used her shoulders to heave and launched the fused boogie up into the yeti's mouth. Sigmund was positioned tight on the things back, well out of any possible damage.

Watching the bundle drop down into the robot's dark gaping hole, she hopped Sigmund'd catch her wink. Giving the machine a thumbs up before running past its leg, she sprinted her way to the golden light that bloodied boy had flowing around him. That ice won't hold forever, but I don't wanna miss this! That calming blue feeling she had earlier, it was nice and I know it came from here. Whoever this guy was, he didn't have to do what he did.

The make-up crew here is crazy! She began to smile.

Last edited:

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
~ Miyuki Tachibana ~
- The Court of Miracles -

Something was wrong. The Court had rolled around, changing the sky into that ghastly green color, spreading that blood-like stuff all over, and dropping the moon a bit lower in the sky. But she still hadn't seen anyone from the group. The others weren't meeting outside tonight it seemed. Usually, she just met up with someone from the group out here, and they would meander together, but tonight... Oh crap, the concert.

Miyuki had forgotten all about the concert, and the cafeteria was all the way on the other side of the school. And there was supposed to be another large Shadow tonight, according to their leader. Great, she was going to miss half the court at this rate. How was she supposed to keep the others safe if she wasn't there? First she could barely protect herself, then she couldn't even show up at the right place to meet the group. She sighed and began walking towards the school. She would just cut through the school and... No, she couldn't go through the school. What if the big shadow was lurking in there? It could corner her, and she'd be all alone. She had to run around the school, all the way around to the other side.

Miyuki turned and started to sprint, and that was when the ground shook. She stopped in her tracks as lights and sounds that were unmistakable from Personae began to light up the sky. With that much activity, something big had to be going on on the far side of the school. And she wasn't even there to help. She began to sprint even faster, barely even watching her footing in the dark. She splashed through several puddles of that thick red stuff the strange stuff staining her shoes, but she didn't care.

There weren't any smaller shadows out. Every now and then, Miyuki thought she saw a shifting shadow, a small movement like a Maya or a Hand ducking out of sight, but if they were really there, they weren't out in the open like usual and they certainly weren't on the attack. What were they so scared of tonight? A single girl like herself all alone would be the perfect prey right?

She caught sight of something now, rearing up over the top of the school. A huge beast-like Shadow. It's mask stirred something in her, and for a moment, Miyuki felt like she was staring in the mirror, but the feeling crept past and sunk into dread as she began to catch signs of the battle. And then, the massive beastly Shadow was engulfed in a veil of darkness, and two of her (wait, why did she call it a her?) arms were seared clean off.

She was getting close now. "Tachibanaaaa..."

That voice... No way.

"Where are you? I think your friends need you? There's something running around that sounds like you... but really isn't."

No, it wasn't. It couldn't be her, not here in the court. But what did she mean "something like her"? Was that monstrous Shadow hers?

Miyuki rounded the corner of the building and came face to face with none other than Ciara. It really was her, there was no doubt about it, but how in the world had she gotten here? Had she been dragged in because of her notebook? Was it her fault? Was Ciara stuck here in danger because she had been careless?

"Ciara? What are..." Miyuki's face broadcasted a mix of confusion, fear, relief, and surprise, as though her expression was just unsure what it was supposed to be expressing. The huge Shadow turned its blank mask towards them, and its gaze drilled in on Ciara, then it turned to stare directly into Miyuki's own eyes. And that feeling of dread that had formed in her stomach earlier turned into full blown terror. That WAS her Shadow. Miyuki stared into its blank eyes, and she KNEW it was true. It wasn't something she could explain, but she could feel it, the same way she felt Astraea.

The Shadow let out a cry and tore itself free from the ice that bound its legs, shaking violently in the process and swinging its arms in rage. It twisted its head, sending a figure flying off of it. Miyuki couldn't tell who it was, but her unlucky teammate fell earthwards and crashed directly into a red-headed girl that Miyuki didn't recognize. How many people had been newly dragged into the court tonight anyway?

The past few seconds had felt like a lifetime. Everything seemed to be moving in slow motion, and Miyuki felt frozen in place just watching it all happen as if from afar. Ciara was standing right there, doing something, but Miyuki's eyes were locked on the Shadow, and the Shadow was focused on the two of them. With another shout, the Shadow swung down its blade, and before she even knew what she was doing, Miyuki found herself standing between Ciara and the blade, her Evoker pressed to her temple. The Evoker still made her nervous, but at the moment, her mind was a blank. Her lips parted, and her finger pulled the trigger.

"Protect me Astraea!"

The sound of shattering glass resounded through the air and with a bright flash of light, the Greek Goddess of Justice appeared before her. "Tetrakarn!" Astraea raised her scales, and a golden barrier of light formed in the air an instant before the Shadow's blade struck. The massive blade hit the barrier with a loud clang, like metal on glass, and the weapon was knocked back, the Shadow reeling up on two legs. Miyuki fell to her knees for a moment, as Astraea descended to the ground, landing with her back to Miyuki and Ciara.

"I... I won't let anyone else die." Miyuki said. She looked up at the Shadow, staring it in its blank face as she stood back up, breathing heavily from the strain of such a powerful spell. "You aren't me! I would never want this!"

Astraea flared with light as Miyuki pressed her assault. "Hama!"

----------------------

OOC: Sorry Sig and Lace, GM's orders.

Last edited:

Son_of_Shadows

Joshua Sands - Tower Arcana - Court of Miracles

Joshua's breath was slowly but surely coming back to him, though he wasn't sure exactly how much power he had left in them, and when he'd have to start falling back on his foil. That wouldn't end well, it would be like fighting a brick wall with a toothpick. Fortunately, with 15 or so other fighters, it wouldn't be too much of a problem. At least, he sure as hell hoped not. He regarded the scene unfolding before him, and frankly, it looked pretty bleak. Sofiya had managed to temporarily freeze Shadow Miyuki's legs, and Sigmund was getting some clean hits in, but Molotov Girl (Was that the girl who'd given him the aspirin earlier? He couldn't remember, not that it was the most important thing right now.) had pulled out an even bigger explosive.

Is she stupid or something? She'll kill us all... This is getting out of hand. And where the hell's- His train of thought was disrupted by Miyuki finally coming into his field of vision, standing between her Shadow and the girl it had chased. Unfortunately, the very sight of her sent the dragon into a rage, and she broke the ice around her legs, sending Sigmund crashing into the girl armed with the explosive. That looked painful. Miyuki blocked the dragon's attack with Astraea's help, and blasted her with a Hama spell. Joshua figured this probably wouldn't have much, if any effect, considering the beast could cast it too. And with only Miyuki and Sofiya currently fighting, and Sigmund possibly out for the count...

I have to do something... I won't run away. I won't run away. "I won't run away!" He hadn't meant to say that third one out loud, but it felt rather invigorating. Joshua got to his feet, and started running towards the battle, ready to back up the ladies, and hopefully get Sigmund up. What was the best thing he could do right now... Sigmund, and probably explosive girl are injured, and the other girl is unarmed... I need to figure out a way to get them to safety, while helping out Miyuki and Sofiya... Slow the beast down! He was beside Sofiya now.

"Sofiya, can you help me out here? I'm going to summon Shiva, and slow down Shadow Miyuki with a Diamond Dust. Can you try freezing its feet again? Then we can work on trying to help the rest of them." Before she could respond, he pulled the pistol to his forehead again. "Persona! Diamond Dust attack, Shiva!" The Hindu god appeared again, brought his hand to his lips, and blew a terribly cold wind, and incredibly fine snow at Shadow Miyuki. As it infiltrated its joints, it would hopefully make the dragon more sluggish, and its movements perhaps more clumsy.

.:Lemon Tea:.

Crystallized decay
Wow, long character-plotted beginning...And well. Yeah. This monster took forever once I got started. ;w;

Kent Lockewood
Near Quarterman, 11 o’clock PM

He never really tried to think about where he would be 10 years from now. It was a subject he mostly avoided, not because it was a delicate matter that was to be treated as glass, but because it was just something he rather not. Calling the shots on what his life would be seemed strange almost, because even though he was dictator extraordinaire of his life, it was difficult to wrap his head around real, adult choices. Even if he had the capacity to think, over-analyze the situation, call out the flaws, and be the ever relentless cynic, his life was something he preferred not to look at.

Maybe because he didn’t like to make those tough adult decisions on where to go or he was just confused about his career path in general. But along with this, there was also that underlying sense of failure and incontrol. He would love to say that he was in control of his life, of his choices, of the friends he made and the people he associated with, but that wasn’t reality. There were other forces at play, be it luck, fate, destiny. All those fancy, jazzy words that had little meaning to him-or so he had thought until it all came at his face, exploded, and then giggled at the unfortunate situation it caused.

He almost let out a rough, unsaturated cry of laughter, because here he fecking was. Sitting on his motorbike, engine still running, gas being burned and wasted, and he was thinking about his god damn life when there were bloody monsters that needed to be killed and people to be supported. It wasn’t irony, it was foolishness and unwise decisions that led him to this point where he was at, and it just seemed so damn funny right now in his head. He let out a low groan and sank down, sagging his whole body, gently running his hands through the bike’s handles as his mind drew a blank.

He needed a smoke. Cigarettes weren’t his thing to be honest, he had tried them once, hated them, and didn’t care if Gino said it added to his appeal. But he needed something to relieve his stress, heck, maybe he’d get addicted to them and be one of those chain smokers that were so cool like the Fonz or some of that stuff. Maybe he would be a late-twenties something, that always sat on his a ss. Eating potato chips on the couch and only getting up for the occasional drug store liquor and smokes. Maybe it didn’t sound so bad to be in that life with some broken dreams and empty glass bottles haphazardly strewn on his one bedroom apartment floor, because somehow, he would still be Kent in some way. A teenage Kent, undecided and still not the typical adult, not like some foreign adult dressed in a business suit who graduated cuem de laude from some top-tier university with a degree that allowed him to work those dull 9 to 4 hours. Then he would be some typical dime-a-dollar nitwit, working in some office cubicle like the hundreds of other blurry faces in the same rising building. And again came the thought of the future. It wasn’t that he feared the unknown, it was that he feared what he would become-if he lost touch with that attitude of his, if he wasn’t so bitter, sarcastic, and edgy, to become a stranger to himself.

The events of tonight already heightened his overall crappy attitude for the past week.

Yes, it had been pretty messed up to find out he was some member of a monster fighting crew, with that cliché plot that they had to do it or the world would freakin’ end. Maybe this was something he or the others hoped for, to get rid of the boring and mundane, and do something. But along with that, he felt an alien to the people he worked with. Even if they were all stuck together in this little world, he was still an outsider. Harsh to admit it as so, but he was a late arrival and didn’t quite fit-or even get the team kinesthetics that were there. Many of these people were looking for support from new friends, but he already had a group outside of that realm, he had people who cared for him-and he hadn’t exactly been looking for more. It almost seemed as if everyone fit a stereotype in there, the loners who weren’t exactly alone since there were so many, foreign exchange students, along with the supposed karate bad a ss who acted all tough but was probably a wimpy kid on the inside. All those little clichés apparent in movies, TV, and nerd comics.

Then what was he? He had long-term friends, he wasn’t a lonely misfit at school. But maybe that’s what made him such an outlier in the first place. And he was stuck between two little ecosystems now, the one that he spent years crafting with his friends and the one that pulled him in and he wasn’t entirely happy with it.

His mind drummed against the events that unfolded tonight and the same aspects of resentment, anger, and guilt washed over him.

It all started when he went home to pick up his darling black beauty-the motorcycle that he had left back home and meant to pick up-until all the heavenly shet of the Court came about.

He was revving it, testing the brakes, checking if the front hadn’t been scratched by the occasional heavy moving his stepfather did in the garage. It was still perfect, no dust coating it, and for a moment, he thought everything would be fine and he could leave without making some huge scene.

But obviously, his mother stepped in, and then everything seemed to explode.

The small garage door leading into the house opened, and she stood there, adorned with pearls, looking ready for a night out, and with her mouth tilted in displeasure.

“Why?” she asked. “Why can’t you do a bit more with your life?”

“Aren’t I doing enough?” was his reply back as he continued fine-tuning some of the things that had been missing when he took a break from the house.
She scoffed and threw her hands up in the air, “You don’t think I haven’t tried to give you the good resources in life? You don’t think I haven’t given you what most parents die to have their children have? A fine education, numerous athletics, and even quite a nice roof to live under. And what do you do? You quit. You quit junior varsity tennis, you do poorly on your lessons. And all the friends you have is that Turkish girl whose Muslim parents work in IT. After all the people I introduced you to, you have to pick some random, 1st generation immigrant and befriend her?”

He turned to his helmet on the rack. A few blemishes were apparent, as if someone came and tried it on, then disturbingly put it back in its original shape. He wiped it with his sleeves. “I’m sorry Arty’s middle-class upbringing that bad. And there’s Gino.”

“Yes, Gino is fine. His mother and I go to the country-club often, but is that it? “

“It’s enough for me.”

A snort came in the background. “Yes, yes, everything is fine with Kent. He doesn’t need all the friends in the world to be happy, he doesn’t have to think about the associates he has to make when his stepfather takes him to those expensive dinners. He’s fine not knowing where’s he’s going for university,” she replied in a sing-songly voice. “All Kent does is take and never give back.”

Anger shot in his veins, “I never asked for any of this. And to be honest, you didn’t earn it either. You married into it.” He gestured to the house, the fitness machines in the garage, and to his mother’s fancy car. “Honestly, my grades are fine-and you know it. You know that I have a chance at all the universities you want me to go to. And seriously…John’s
associates…man..Guys who own a plumbing business will make such a huge difference in my life.”

“Kent-“

He waved a hand, ignoring the protests coming. “Just came to pick this up, laters.”

--

Maybe he expected Arty to understand. Maybe he expected too much. Especially since friendships were things that required two people to keep contact. And he hadn’t. So he shouldn’t have expected comfort, especially when he had been a bad friend.

--

The familiar ringtone rang as he put his cell closer to his ear. The familiar tune of Maroon 5’s Moves Like Jagger rang and he waited for Arty to pick up. It was around 7 and he spent the whole time running around town, trying to calm himself from the petty squander with his mother. It was childish of him to rethink the scene, but somehow, his mother always made him get all uptight and irritated, no matter how small the argument.

“Herro?” the female voice answered. The familiar Turkish music played in the background with the faint vocal jargon of…Korean dramas?

“Hey Arty,” he said, half-relieved she had picked up and become his current lifeline.

“Hey Kent,” she said back, “And gosh, why the call? Especially on your motorcycle-I hear the noise. You know driving and calling at the same time will do wonders for your criminal record.”

He laughed, “I’m parked Arty. Relax.”

“Anyways…what’s up?” she asked, “This is like the second time you called me since school started.”

“Jus’mi mother,” he muttered.

“Ah,” was the reply. Other than the sounds coming from Arty’s electronic devices, there no speaking. Kent felt his throat clench while waiting for the reply. Somehow, Arty had always understood his situation and never judged him on it, so the silence wasn’t too awkward.

“Was it about your life again?” Arty asked.

“Pretty much,” he answered back, giving a resounding huff. “There’s so much that’s been going on. And she can’t understand any of it. I mean…it isn’t her life, but she never realizes this yeah?”

“Yeah,” Arty said, “My parents never know either. And to be honest, you’re grades are better than mine, I don’t know why she worries about it so much. But then we’re not Mr. Perfect either,” she replied sarcastically.

He laughed into the phone, “Jealous?”

“Of course,” was the snarky reply back…And then some. “Kent,” she said, and this time, Kent could realize that the mood was changing. It was none of the austere childish and friendliness, but some real concern.

“Yeah?” he asked back.

“Seriously, call me more if this happens ok?”

“I’ll call you all the time Arty.” And this he knew was the truth.

The was a minor humph. “It just feels like you’re shutting me out.”

“When has that happened?” he questioned. Somewhat defensive, but also curious on how she concluded that.

“Since school started,” she murmured back. “You’ve become somewhat distant.”

“Arty, you’re thinking too much.”

“Oh really? Am I?” was the condescending tone back. “Kent…we haven’t hanged out, we haven’t even talked much. For cripes sake, even Gino has visited more……And…”

“And?” he challenged, wanting to refute the claims, wanting to desperately say something else...But it was true. Ever since he got dragged in, he had been spending less and less time with the people he knew and loved.

“..And it’s like you’re hiding something from me.”

His mouth clenched. There was anger, but not at Arty. It was true that he had been hiding much more than something from her. He had been lying about the late nights out when she questioned him in the hallways at school or when she saw him interacting with random strangers that they never associated with. All this time, he had brushed it off, trying to fend off the unnecessary questions, and only thought about himself.

But not Arty, and she knew. And that was why he felt anger at himself.
“So..” was the rather vulnerable voice that was coming from the other line of his cell. “Is it true Kent…seriously man, you can tell me anything. It’s not like I’m going to blather away, I’ve known you for years. If we grew up since we were babies, I could say I’ve known you my whole life.”

“It’s…not like that Arty…” No seriously, how the feck could he tell her that he spent time killing monsters in the middle of the night? Well, he wasn’t exactly killing, he was more of a deadweight.

“Kent…” her voice echoed, full of dejection.

“I’m sorry,” he replied back. And then he hung up.

--

The guilt washed over him, and he remembered everything that had happened ever since moving to Quarterman. There was the first day of school in the 5th grade…and the familiar black haired girl. “I’m Ajema” he remembered her saying. “I kinda hate my name.” And then it went from there…the familiar nickname of Arty that came about, the nights on the swing sets, her Muslim parents, and the familiar taste of hummus that he, Arty, and Gino ate at lunch from her lunchbox.

He knew someday, that it would change, that they would all grow apart…But he never expected that it was happening so suddenly-or so fast. He had depended on them for much of his teenage life…But he never knew it would fall away so quickly.

And speaking of which….there were people depending on him as well.

Bellow High School
Near Midnight

He was zooming on the roads, totally speeding out of control on the faint suburban complexes. But none of that really mattered yeah? Sure it would have mattered on any normal day, but the clock was ticking towards midnight soon, and he had to hurry before the Court started and his motorcycle-his ride to school ceased to work. And thus, he was trying to beat the clock before having to resort to walking.

It made it difficult to believe why he was willing to risk his life for complete strangers. There was that garuntun Russian girl, as well as a few. All nameless faces that weren’t the people he loved or cared about the most. He could imagine risking life and limb for his sister…But the doctor in the pharmacy at his school? What in hell happened? Some could say he was selfish not to want to save others-or other people would have called him masochistic to be willing to risk his life for some random people he didn’t know. And to be honest, he didn’t know himself. He didn’t know why rational-headed Kent was speeding out of control on a 15 mph lane and desperately in risk of crashing.

All he knew was the adrenaline running in his veins, the smell of sweat, smoke, and gasoline, and the fact that he was himself.
More, he thought his head, Faster, faster, faster.

And then, it all ceased to work. His motocycle slowed into a halt, and he felt all signs of life in the machine fail as the eerie fog of yellow came about and the moon became a red droplet in the sky. Midnight had arrived, but he wasn’t inside the school yet, nor even close to the Court. Kent sprinted towards the direction of the school, he was getting closer and closer-his motorcycle had along the edges of the educationary institute luckily.

Briefly, his eyes caught sight of the familiar “Welcome to Bellow High” sign as he entered the high school. His eyes flicked to the empty classrooms, desolate halls, wondering where the others could be. And finally, he heard the noises from the cafeteria. He went in that direction, hastening his trek through the outlying scenery of grass and blacktop…

And then he bolted through the cafeteria door.

For a cafeteria, it seemed awfully lively. Not in the usual, chitter chatter way, but the fact that there were people injured and bleeding, random eerie projections floating in the air-the summons of regular students. And then came some random, theatrical jazz - singing, laughter, and horror all wrapped in one sort of twisted envelope.
A girl with snow white hair screaming in the middle, desperately calling something that was beginning to materialize in the shape of a hooded priestess beckoning the crowd in floating clothing, ripped on some sides, with a beautiful, golden balance scale in her hands.

Some beleaguered stares came his way, although there wasn’t as much surprise considering the previous amount of shet and drama that happened. “Sorry for taking forever,” he said roguishly. “Pretty crappy entrance I made, but I’m arrived somewhat on time yeah?”
Well…enough not to miss the whole scene that was unfolding.

--
Whoa, missed SoS's post D: Now it just seems kind of messed up.

And yeah, long post. D:

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
OOC: Whew. Just skimmed over the last two pages of this RPG, and finally have time to post. But first I have to catch up on things, because my last post still had Halberd sitting on the grass outside Bellow High earlier in the afternoon. And you know what that means: another insanely long post.
IC:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Halberd's Apartment
That evening

That evening, Halberd dropped his satchel on the ground and slumped into the sofa. What a day this had been. It was a rather ordinary day at school, save for the fact that he actually met someone after class. Snow seemed like a pretty nice guy, and he was sure he'd have to talk to him if and when he found him at school on Monday. However, he didn't feel like going to the concert tonight. After a busy week at school, Halberd wanted nothing more than to relax and get some schoolwork done, and maybe have a video chat with the other Black Cat Bandits later on in the evening. In fact, that was precisely what he did.

He was behind on the reading Mr. Jones had assigned for this week. He got trapped in an hour-long conversation with his parents right after that. Then he had to rush out to the grocery store after realising his cabinets were completely devoid of salt and any beverage besides water, and that the green beans he had planned to throw into the stir-fry he was cooking tonight had gone mouldy. Then he took time to cook said stir-fry, and eat it as well of course. Then there was the video chat with the friends he had had since he was twelve years old.

It was a rather interesting conversation, save for the fact that Warren rambled on and on about all the drama that occurred in his new middle school. Merlin and Lupin had already been accused of being a gay couple twice, and had even been dared to kiss in front of the class (which they refused of course). There was also much debate over the two I-Phones that Lupin had stolen from his classmates, ones that he eventually had to get rid of for fear of being tracked. That was the problem with stealing any kind of mobile device: you never know whether they have a tracking device that the police can use to find the thief. Apparently he solved the problem by giving the phones to Warren, who managed to sell them to a couple of his delinquent classmates in exchange for half an ounce of weed. Apparently all three of them had smoked some of it just before this conversation started.

By the time the conversation ended, it was eleven, too late to go to the concert. Halberd decided to bide some time by taking a walk around the block, which he wasn't really afraid of doing at this time of night. He wasn't in too bad a neighbourhood, just about a five-minute drive away from school, in a relatively crime-free area. Not that that really mattered. Besides, Halberd wasn't the sort of person attackers would go after. If anything, he was likely to be suspected of such attacks, so he kept away from other people if at all possible. Now he had just barely returned home, and was thinking about going to bed soon.

After a minute or so, Halberd began to stand up, feeling a little bit sleepy. He wished he could stay up much later, as the Black Cat Bandits had classically done their thieving acts in the middle of the night, but school interfered with that, and for some reason it was hard for him to concentrate on schoolwork late at night. So he traipsed towards his bed without a word, glancing at the collection of knives and swords displayed on the wall just behind it. He had to put up bars over the window next to his bed, so that no immature gangster would break it and snatch one of these blades for use as a weapon. They were his, even if they weren't to be used as weapons. Well, maybe they would be. He always carried one of them around if he was wandering through a suspicious area.

/////////////////Midnight\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

In preparation for bed, Halberd started by sitting down on the bed and reaching for the laces on one of his boots. But as he did so, he noticed the lights dim. Drat, that meant tomorrow he would have to buy another lightbulb. But then he felt something, a feeling right in his gut, that indicated impending danger. Now how did that make sense? Here he was in his apartment, safe and sound--he did lock the door, right? He was positive he locked the door. And there was no way there was a monster under his bed--he stopped believing in that baloney when he was eleven. And there was no suspicious figure at the window...

HOLY CRAP. The moon was HUGE. It was a sickly yellowish colour, reminding Halberd of a booger. But the moon was at least five times its normal size! Halberd blinked a few times, trying to figure out how that was possible. Did some asteroid collide with the moon, sending it flying towards Earth? He didn't see the moon growing any bigger though...

By that time (if time had even passed at all), all the lights were out. There were no streetlamps lit, no twinkling city lights out in the distance... There wasn't even any traffic noise out on the streets. All there was was this haunting, silent darkness. It was like something out of a nightmare.

Halberd started to panic. Oh my gosh, I have GOT to be dreaming, he thought. Th-that's the only way any of this can be possible. Wait. Let me see...

Halberd remembered something Merlin had told him regarding dreams. Clocks were all weird, light switches didn't work, and nothing was rational. Immediately Halberd jumped off the bed and ran for the light switch. It didn't work. Go figure.

But how CAN this be a dream? Halberd thought. How did I... all I did was go sit on my bed! I didn't lie down or anything--and my shoes are still on! What in the world is going on here?

His mind was racing, trying desperately to come up with a logical explanation for this situation. Okay, maybe it wasn't a dream. Then what was it? Was there something funny in one of the vegetables in his stir-fry? Was the cookie he ate afterwards spiked with something? Yes, that must have been it. No, his mother had made those cookies. She wouldn't slip a drug into them, would she? Unless Warren had taken one of the drugs he seemed to always get his hands on and placed it in... some sort of powerful hallucinogen by the looks of it. Great. He made a mental note to have a serious conversation with Warren when this trip was over...

Just for the heck of it, Halberd decided to look at the clock on the wall. Midnight. Exactly. None of the hands moved. But there was something even stranger... Some sort of dark, syrupy liquid was oozing down the walls, covering the face of the clock within seconds. Occasionally a tiny crack appeared in a section of wall, from which even more of this substance leaked out. Judging by what little Halberd knew about horror films, that substance must have been blood. Probably.

He looked over at the wall behind his bed, and cried out in surprise. The knives and swords on the wall were also being covered with the mysterious dark substance. Gingerly, he kneeled on his bed, reaching up for the handle of a nearby long sword. He remembered this one, as he did with every blade he collected. This particular one was one that Lupin stole from some house he was sneaking into. Shortly after, he had given it to Halberd for his birthday. Now, though its blade was dripping with this dark stuff, its handle was nice and clean. The machete right next to it and the cheap-looking sword on the other side were already thoroughly drenched in it. But he grabbed this one, yanking it out of its holding place on the wall, and drew it out in a clean arc right over his bed. For the time being, he didn't care whether any of the stuff got on his bed. Something very wrong was going on, and he didn't feel safe without a real weapon at his side.

Halberd was afraid to touch the dark liquid on the blade. By now, he was convinced that it probably wasn't blood, but perhaps something very icky or poisonous, some sort of slime perhaps. So with as much care as possible, he grabbed three tissues from a nearby box and started wiping the stuff off the blade. It was a little sticky, but surprisingly easy to clean off. The odd thing was that he felt a cold sensation in the hand that held the tissues. Yet when he touched this hand with his other hand, he didn't feel any cold at all. This was very weird... In haste, he tossed the tissues in the wastebasket and grabbed three more fresh ones, continuing to wipe off the blade of the sword until all of the dark slime was gone.

After cleaning the sword, Halberd held it in front of him at an upward angle, as if he was on guard and ready to fence someone. Then he wondered why he was even doing this.

"This is very weird..." Halberd muttered, trying to speak in a low voice so as to not disturb the neighbours. The last thing he wanted was for the police to knock on his door and find out he had been tripping on acid or something. "I could swear there was a monster in here somewhere... no, that's just not possible. None of this is real. I am definitely losing my mind. I must be on something... but... but I feel fine... I don't feel dizzy or extremely happy or anything like that... I... there's no way I can be high on something so..."

He couldn't make sense of it at all. The last hypothesis, that of him being drugged by something in the cookie, couldn't possibly be right. He felt alert and completely sober. He was still able to think and access all the memories he knew he had. But all this just couldn't be real. Magic was just a combination of wisdom and tall tales, wasn't it? It only told about things that were in the realm of imagination, didn't it? Magic is not reality. All supernatural occurrences are just hallucinations. Halberd had known this to be true for quite a few years now. It couldn't be that all that he had believed in was false...!!

"HOW COULD THIS BE?!?" he screamed, dropping the sword and pounding his fists on the ground as hard as he possibly could. His mind had fizzed out. His thoughts had spiraled out of control until he couldn't think anymore. The frustration had finally won, had finally burst out of him, driving him insane.

No response. No knocking on the door. Not even any f***ing city noise. Just silence. Dark, haunting silence.

"No... No..." Halberd needed to keep saying something. He couldn't stand the silence. None of this was real... nothing had an explanation... he couldn't understand what was happening anymore... In desperation, he ran over to his laptop, bringing his sword along just in case.
My laptop has a battery, it should work even with this power outage...

It didn't. It wouldn't even turn on. Nor would his cell phone. Nor would his MP3 player. Nor would his flashlight, even.

"GAAAAH!" Halberd raged, clutching his head with his hands. "WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE?"

He glanced at the wall. It was almost completely covered in slime, so that not even the clock was visible. He glanced out the window. The moon was still very yellow-green and very large, the landscape beyond darker than he could possibly imagine. He glanced at the door...

"I need to get out of here."

And with that, he grabbed his satchel and threw it over his shoulder. He grabbed his sword, not caring about finding a sheath for it for the time being. He even detached his saber from his belt, for it would be of no use now if there were in fact monsters out there. He didn't bother grabbing his phone, as he knew it wouldn't work. Instead he left his apartment without looking back. He still locked the door though. You never know.

//////////////////Outside\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

A weird mist covered the ground, but otherwise everything seemed to be normal. Well, aside from the fact that all the lights were out. Worse, there was not a soul around. Oh well, Halberd kind of expected this to be the case. Wait, there was someone... Halberd saw something move near one of the buildings in the distance.

Something HUGE.

It was right near Bellow High.

Halberd kept shaking his head in disbelief, his mouth hanging open. He began to feel a little faint, a little sick to his stomach... the truth was, nothing really mattered anymore. Maybe he was dead. Yeah, that must have been it. Maybe that cookie contained not a hallucinogenic drug, but a poison that caused instant death when ingested. He tried to think of what possible poison could have caused it, but his mind couldn't think anymore. And frankly, he didn't care about what happened after death. Everything was what it was, so he supposed. With a defeated sigh, he started walking along the sidewalk.

While walking along the street, Halberd noticed that there were a few cars on the road, but none of them were moving. He didn't even want to look to see what was inside of them--probably something else that didn't make any sense whatsoever and would cause him to freak out again. At times like this, it was probably best to avoid following curiosity...

He walked around randomly for who knows how long, not bothering to look too far ahead. At one point he thought he heard commotion from far away, but he really didn't care. He didn't even care about that huge figure at school--probably just another illusion. All he could do was walk around out in the cold, brushing his legs through the eerie mist, not really caring where he was going. Nor did he care if he froze to death eventually. For all he knew, he was already dead. He just walked around with his hands in the pockets of his kilt, watching his feet move forward one at a time.

//////////////////Bellow High\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Eventually, Halberd had made it to Bellow High. It wasn't to check out the after-party of the concert, but to follow the voices and other noises coming from there. No longer did he want to be stuck in that dark, spooky silence, so he was glad that at least something was going on here. He sighed again. He felt a strong urge to look up, but really didn't want to. All he would see was the same large moon, the same mist, the same dark and lifeless world around him... and that was probably how it would be for all of eternity.

CLANG.

This noise startled Halberd so much that he just had to look up. A giant sword had just landed fifty or so feet in front of him. And now he finally paid attention to all the commotion that was going on nearby. Cries and shouts, screams of agony, flashes of light...

And a towering figure, a dragon with two thin limbs (and probably two more than had been burnt off or something), about as tall as the school itself. There were many people near where this dragon-thing was, some of which were responsible for these flashes of light.

Wait... I've seen some of these people before... those are my schoolmates!

Halberd immediately recognised Snow, the boy he had met outside just earlier today. A few of the other people looked vaguely familiar as well. And there were some people in the group that looked like they didn't belong there at all--they looked more like deities from various types of mythology, but mostly Greek by the looks of it. Halberd almost wished he hadn't seen what he just saw. But now it was too late.

At once, Halberd sprinted over to the school as fast as he could. Apparently they were all by the cafeteria, so maybe these strange occurrences had something to do with the concert? Who knows? As he got closer, he saw that Snow, as well as a few of the others, was holding some sort of pistol. Okay, this was REALLY confusing now. How could a motley collection of high school students suddenly get their hands on a gun?

Again, Halberd held his sword out in front of him, keeping his eyes on the weird dragon as he inched towards Snow.

"What... in the world... is going on here?" Halberd panted, shifting his gaze between the dragon and the white-robed woman right in front of Snow. "I... I just can't understand what's happening to this world! Why are we all here... why is the moon so big... why is everything dark... who... Who is she?" He gestured towards the white-robed woman with his sword. "A-and... gaaahhh, nothing makes sense anymore..."

He sincerely hoped Snow--or anyone for that matter--would answer any or all of these questions, or at least speak to him in a normal voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OOC: Whew, that WAS a long post! I don't think I've ever been inside Halberd's head quite like this... This is why I really love RPG's like this.

And yes, the sword Halberd's holding now is not his fencing saber; its the long sword he grabbed from his apartment, the one that can actually cut things.

Last edited:

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
OOC: Ffff, disorganized. But I'm not sure if I can post today after this, so I figured I'd cover as much as possible.

--

Sofiya Mikhailovna Ignatova
Cafeteria area
Court of Miracles

The fighting just went on. A girl Sofiya didn’t know threw something in the monster’s mouth, and the boy hanging on for dear life turned out to be… Sig?! What was he doing up there, that was dangerous! The view must’ve been so awesome, though. Probably awesome enough to be worth the danger. Probably. Though, he didn't have a camera, so that took points off. Awesome moments needed cameras!

Sofiya was snapped out of her ponders when the monster suddenly let out an ear-piercing cry, forcing its way through the ice that held it in place. Sofiya winced. No. No, not yet, everyone hadn’t managed to get up yet! She brought the pistol back to her temple, but before she could do anything further, the monster had already started its rush towards…

Sofiya’s eyes widened, and the shock loosened her grip to such an extent that the evoker almost clattered to the ground from her hand. Standing there, protecting a girl that wasn’t part of their original group stood Miyuki. She was protecting the other girl and attacking her Shadow. All alone. Sofiya felt her stomach turn in disappointment in herself. She had failed, Miyuki had had to face her own Shadow. She hadn’t managed to keep the creature still long enough, she-

"Sofiya, can you help me out here?”

She turned to her side, coming face to face with… Jonathan. Yeah, that was his name. At least, she thought so. They didn’t really know each other so well. And yet, just the fact that he stood there, and the words he uttered next, snapped her from the dark thoughts that threatened to form in her mind and keep her from doing her very best.

“I'm going to summon Shiva, and slow down Shadow Miyuki with a Diamond Dust. Can you try freezing its feet again? Then we can work on trying to help the rest of them." The boy asked, but didn’t wait for a response before pulling his pistol to his forehead and summoning his Persona. "Persona! Diamond Dust attack, Shiva!"

That’s right, the fight was still going on. She had failed once, but so what? She couldn’t stop trying because of that. Even if she failed again and again, she’d keep on trying. She was still needed. Nothing was more useless than giving up!

“You got it!” Sofiya chirped in answer, giving him a thumbs up. Because a thumb up in the air signaled that you were trustworthy, at least from her observations. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, she pushed the evoker back to where it belonged and shouted out.

“Horus!”

The magnificent bird appeared again, cocking its head. And soon, its words rang into her head once more.

Good, I do not wish to see you give in to depression. Now show me what you ca-

“No!” Sofiya shouted at the voice in her head, abruptly cutting it off. She pointed at the monster’s feet and smiled a small, somewhat impish smile. “No, this time, you’ll show me what you can do! No more messing up for you!”

Horus’s eyes widened slightly, and the sheer surprise in his face was apparent. And it shocked Sofiya, too. It was… unbelievably cute.

“Aww, if only you could blush! I’m sure you’d be aaaall crimson now!” Sofiya rejoiced, palms pressed together across her chest. That simple sentence quickly washed away all traces of acceptance that had found their way on Horus’ face. He should have guessed, really. That girl was hopeless.

“Bufu at its feet again!” Sofiya instructed quickly, remembering yet again where she was. And as the bird set off, Sofiya turned to Jonathan. She gave a quick nod and a smile as a thanks, and then ran off to follow. But when the ice attack was executed, Sofiya found herself stumbling. A headache was drumming inside her head, but she just closed one eye and continued her slightly wobbly run, only stopping when she saw someone familiar. Someone who wasn’t hurt.

“Sorry for taking forever. Pretty crappy entrance I made, but I’m arrived somewhat on time yeah?”

Sofiya turned to him and started waving her arms furiously, still some distance away from Miyuki and the other girl. She looked around, concluding that it was up to her to explain the situation. Alright, she’d make everyone proud!

“HEEEEEY!” She screeched, far louder than was necessary. They weren’t that far apart from each other, but she wanted to make absolutely sure he heard. “We’re fighting a Shadow and it’s really, really big!” She informed, as if so much wasn’t clear from the scene unfolding in front of him.

“Lots of us are hurt now so there aren’t too many of us left to fight and we need help! So you should just fight and worry about the entrance thing later! It was pretty crappy, but don’t be depressed, I mean, you can always improve and I’ll help youuuu!” She kept screaming loudly, wishing to sound reassuring. That was made a bit difficult by the fact that a somewhat comically serious expression was plastered on her face though, as well as the small danger of her evoker accidentally flying from her hand and hitting the poor man in midst of all the waving. Luckily, she turned to continue her run before such a thing could occur.

She stopped next to Miyuki and knelt down beside her, hand on her shoulder. She'd have to make her cheer up somehow. But how, she hadn't even brought paper this time around. Her thoughts raced as she tried to think of something, and then it hit her.

"H-hey, I don't have paper to make cranes, but, but..." She flailed, "But Horus is actually really cute, I just noticed. I can try and dress him up as a crane for you, after this is over. So... look forward to it, okay?"

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Snow Fields
outside, CoM

When Josh called up a base made of ice, then played and sung a strange song that healed most everyone in the area, Snow was quite impressed. He hadn’t known that he played music; maybe they could get together and practice some time, separate from the Crimson Beasts. Although it was more effective that his own Dia… at least through the efforts of him, Josh, and Theresa, JP seemed to be back in decent shape. He still seemed out of it, at the moment.

Snow then went off to find Randy as suggested. He was pretty sure that he had gotten thrown away from the cafeteria door, but where exactly…. he ran over, looking around. The battle against Shadow Miyuki was some distance from where he was, but with how quick it had moved earlier, even that wasn’t a guarantee of safety. Then he spotted some red that wasn’t part of the morbid scenery, and then Randy in that spot.

Noticing that he was still, Snow felt a flutter of fright. Had something bad happened to him? But he still had to do something. He brought his Evoker to his head and called on Melpomene for Dia again.

This time, she remained out for a little longer. Her mask hid any expression, but she didn’t sound too worried when she said, “He’s fine now. But his mind is elsewhere.”

“Elsewhere?” Was he caught up in some dream or something?

“Don’t worry,” his Persona said.

Then Snow was caught by a frantic calling. He turned to see Halberd show up. Understandably, he was freaked out and panicky from his first night in this time. "What... in the world... is going on here?" Halberd panted, shifting his gaze between the dragon and Melpomene. "I... I just can't understand what's happening to this world! Why are we all here... why is the moon so big... why is everything dark... who... Who is she?" He gestured towards the white-robed woman with his sword. "A-and... gaaahhh, nothing makes sense anymore..."

“Calm down,” Snow said, trying to be reassuring. His Persona disappeared then, at least spooking Halberd into being quiet for a moment. “This is real, although it doesn’t follow the rules of reality exactly. We’re in the Court of Miracles.” He considered what else to say. “I could explain things, but you see, if you’re lucky, then once that big moon goes dark, you won’t remember any of this. You’ll be back where you started when it began and it shouldn’t affect you anymore.” He glanced back at the battle. “But well, if you’re like the rest of us, you’ll remember when things reset and you’re going to experience the Court every night from now until who knows when.

“Look, if you do remember, come to the dorm I stay in tomorrow morning and I’ll tell you more. It’s freaky at first, but there are things we can do.” He looked back at Randy, then realized he wasn’t sure how he was going to get his friend back to relative safely. But Halberd looked strong. “Oh, since you’re here, could you help me get Randy back to the cafeteria? A couple of our members are in there protecting others who haven’t been in the Court too. The rest of us will handle that Shadow.”

OoC: I suppose Snow might tell the other newbies who are in the cafeteria about that too, unless Wulfgard wants them in the stadium for training.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Sigmund Okonkwo
Court of Miracles

Sure, climb up the boss' back. Hit it in the head. It had seemed like a good idea at the time, at least. Problem was, it wasn't moving then. Now he was spending more clinging on to the colossus' shoulder like a tick than he was actually attacking it. Before he could even get a second solid hit in, the creature swung wildly to the left in its chase, quite nearly throwing him off.

Badideabadideabadidea.

Barely keeping on, Sigmund's body swung down, leaving him hanging by whatever bit of cloth he had managed to grab. Oddly enough, though, he wasn't being bucked off from such a precarious position. He hit a moment of relief - the whatever-it-was had actually stopped for a minute. Not caring why, he ceased this opportunity and dug his feet into the creature's back, now able to strike it cleanly in the back of its head. He bounced upwards -

And was met with a face-full of fire.

Sigmund brought his arm back down in front of him out of reflex, trying to guard against the flames. He was unhurt, luckily enough - still, he had good reason to be defensive in regards to fire. The heat subsided momentarily, giving him another window of attack. He reared up again, ready to give it a good beating. He wasn't quick enough - the massive shadow reared up, thrashing violently. Sigmund had little chance to grab on to anything - he was thrown violently from his position and through the air, more than a dozen feet from the ground.

@&%#$!

Helpless to control his fall, Sigmund landed on his front side, instantly sending a sharp pain to the right side of his chest and causing his head to whip downwards against the ground. The impulse from the fall sent him careening even further, sending him careening into something unstable enough that he knocked it over almost immediately. A person, perhaps? He couldn't tell between his throbbing head and the sharp pain coming from his ribcage.

"YEAUGH!"

His chest felt like it was simultaneously shattered and on fire. God, that burned! He instinctively went to clutch his chest, only to find that touching the wound made it somehow even more painful. He couldn't even tell anything about his surroundings except which was was supposed to be up, and even that was unsure. This was stupid. He was stupid. In fact, if he wasn't already in so much pain, he would probably be kicking himself for thinking that climbing up fifteen feet of shadow wouldn't cause him to end up like this.

Right now, he had to lie still and hope he would be safe until this whole thing blew over.

[OOC: Medical analysis - Sigmund has a cracked rib and pretty nasty bruising. Hitting his head has left him disoriented and unlikely to summon his Persona even if he wanted to.]

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
Russell Wilton
Outside the Cafeteria, he believes

“Hey,” Since this event that could be classified as a drug induced-hallucination, someone else finally spoke to Russell again. Much to his frightful surprise; he nearly jump out of his skin despite it being a nice and calm voice that he had recognize... “Unless you’ve fought before, this might be too dangerous to face head on.” It was Snowy Fields... He would almost bark out a sarcastic remark about how he was normal and didn’t have magical powers out of fearful nerves. Fortunately he didn’t, unfortunately what distracted him wasn’t good either.

Mana voice shouting, to get a JP person and that person he assumed was the tall hurt looking one. The classmate his height politely excuses himself and went toward him. He thought maybe he could help with this; so he went over himself. He had learned first aid techniques long before this time. But of course magic created non-existing wounds that just inconvenient rip up his shirt and apparently still very painful. Another guy and girl gather around came around. With the whole shooting guns at themselves around an injured guy with a torn shirt scene, it looked like they were doing some kind of strange cult ritual. It felt even more like that when three females appeared doing the ‘healing’ in the form of a song and golden wind.

Snowy went off elsewhere and Russell finally noticed Sigmund... climbing on the monster. Even though it looked completely reckless, at the same time Russell saw it as cool. The guy had the strength to scale a giant monster and unlike everyone else, he was fighting with his bare hands. He was definitely an amazing person. Then with several swift movements, he fell... on top of a someone? The dark-skinned man didn’t get up; the small boy was worried, was he okay? The guy landed fairly close to the monster but... he needed help. Russell went running over there.

“Sig,” the shorten version of his name was spurted out by the redhead. He stabbed his kitchen knife into the ground. As he looked at him the older male seemed out of it. He appeared to have hit his head, a possible concussion. Fortunately for Russell there didn’t seem to be any external bleeding but internal bleed would be just as bad for Sigmund. “Hey, what's one plus one?” He tried to get the guy attention; the best way to tell if someone had a concussion was ask simple questions and see how well he could answer to it.

He saw him wince in pain has he breathe as well as clutch his chest. Did he injure his ribs; it was one of the worst bones to damage with the added potential risk of puncturing a lung if it was fracture. That didn’t seem to be the cases as the guy wasn’t struggling to breathe. That was a relief. He gently touched the injured area his hand quickly jolted back at Sigmund reaction. This was bad if it was that sensitive to a soft touch it probably was a fracture and moving people with broken bones was a terrible idea; not that he was strong enough to move someone Sigmund’s size anyways. Russell could wrap him up but he didn’t have bandages and his clothes wouldn’t make suitable wrapping material for this type of injury. He came but he couldn’t help Sigmund either; he was completely useless. He noticed the another person, redhead girl.

“Hey, how are you feeling?” He asked about that girl condition next.

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
OOC: Okay, I know it's an inconvenient time for me, but I am feeling the need to post now. When I should be studying for my exam on Monday. Yeah, I'm a bad student.
IC:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bryan "Halberd" Donneley
Court of Miracles - Just outside the cafeteria

Much to Halberd's relief, Snow spoke to him in a perfectly normal-sounding voice. That was just what he needed. The strange part was just after he told him to calm down, when he saw the white-robed woman vanish into thin air. No, she couldn't have been a ghost. Ghosts were just illusions. Well, given these highly unusual circumstances, it was very likely that there was something very wrong with Halberd's head and he was in fact hallucinating. Oh well, the only thing he could do now was just go with it. No sense just lying on the ground and screaming in panic, right?

"This is real, although it doesn't follow the rules of reality exactly," Snow explained. "We're in the Court of Miracles."

The court of... what? This looked nothing like a court! In order for something to be called a court, it had to either be a small patio of some sort, or a courtroom, complete with desks and a jury and a very boring judge and some sort of highly ridiculous trial. Heck, he would have even been happy if he had suddenly stumbled into a Phoenix Wright sort of situation.

“I could explain things," Snow continued, "but you see, if you’re lucky, then once that big moon goes dark, you won’t remember any of this. You’ll be back where you started when it began and it shouldn’t affect you anymore.”

Halberd immediately took a look at the moon, half-hoping it would turn black right this second. What did this all mean? Now it did feel more dream-like. Okay, that calmed Halberd down a little bit. The only question was, when was the moon going to turn dark? When would it all end? When could he be sitting on his bed in his apartment, taking off his shoes just as he was before? And why did this "Court of Miracles" even exist?

The only thing Halberd could think of in regards to that was something else Merlin had said to him once. The young and colourful wizard was explaining to him about karma, or something. He started off by reiterating Shakespeare's famous proposition that all the world is a stage, the people merely players in this grand performance of existence. Then he surmised a judge in all this, one "who some people call God, who others call a collective conscience, yet to everyone else encompasses the very heart of justice". He himself called it the Karma Faery. This judge/"Karma Faery" watched over all individuals, judging their actions over the course of their life, rewarding them when they did something good, punishing them for their evils. Halberd of course thought this was all just some grand idea for a piece of fiction. But could this be what the Court of Miracles was all about? Yup, it all sounded just like a dream now.

“Look, if you do remember," Snow continued, "come to the dorm I stay in tomorrow morning and I’ll tell you more. It’s freaky at first, but there are things we can do.” He then glanced at someone else, a person lying on the floor. It was Randy, one of the band people who had performed tonight. “Oh, since you’re here, could you help me get Randy back to the cafeteria? A couple of our members are in there protecting others who haven’t been in the Court too. The rest of us will handle that Shadow.”

Wait... what shadow? The whole world as Halberd knew it now was a shadow. Unless he was referring to that giant dragon-thing? Speaking of which, there was currently another high-school boy climbing right up it, trying to fight with it. How foolish, Halberd thought. Sure enough, he was thrown to the ground, and managed to break a few ribs by the looks of it. Another of his schoolmates had just rushed over to look after him.

Halberd was a man of his word. Even though he was still in this elusive yet apparently real world-something like it, this task seemed simple enough. Maybe Randy had also failed in his attempt to fight the Shadow. For a moment, he looked at his own sword. Would that even work? Classically a sword was an effective weapon against a dragon, but by now he was convinced that this was not a dragon. In fact, now that Halberd thought about it, he thought there was some resemblance between it and a girl standing on the ground nearby...

No, he had to be on the safe side, and he didn't want to rush into battle only to fall to some unknown evil. For he knew that one could not possibly defeat a foe without understanding much about it. And he had no idea what was going on, though his level of understanding was gradually increasing. So he tucked the sword inside his belt, regretting that he hadn't bothered to retrieve its sheath from his apartment. For now, he fastened it to the same scabbard that usually held his fencing saber, hoping the blade wouldn't brush up against his leg as he walked. And then he made his way over to the fallen musician, a tall and skinny guy with a burnt ponytail by the looks of it. Halberd decided he would not be too hard to carry, as he was definitely lighter than him.

First, Halberd handed Snow his satchel, so that he wouldn't have to hold onto it and Randy at the same time. Then he knelt down and lifted Randy into an upright position, draping the arms over his own shoulders. He scooted Randy up his back a bit, hooking his knees over his own forearms. Okay, that looked good enough. Leaning forward, he began to stand up, careful not to let Randy slide off. Once he stood up, he had to adjust his sword even further, for Randy's thigh had been pushing it at an awkward angle.

"Okay okay, I got him..." Halberd grunted, shifting around to make sure his balance was okay and that his back wasn't going to give out. For now, it seemed like he was carrying around a 150-summat pound backpack, one that breathed and felt a bit warm. "He's still breathing, I think he just fell unconscious or something."

As Halberd walked back to the cafeteria carrying Randy on his back, he asked Snow exactly which dorm room he was in. After that, he thought of many other questions to ask--who the white-robed woman was, why everyone had pistols, etc. But in the end Halberd decided that he might not remember any of this anyway, and even if he did, it was better to ask such questions when there wasn't a huge monster attacking the school.

Once inside the cafeteria, Halberd set Randy down in a chair, letting his head rest against the back of it. He was surprised that he still hadn't woken up yet... in fact, he spent the next few moments gently shaking him by the shoulders, trying to see if he would wake up, whispering his name in the process.

Vivian_Bloom

Army Field Medic
Lace Condor
Bellow High Cafeteria
Court of Miracles

Running from out the creature's legs, Lace'd began to smile as she determined she'd make her way towards the injured student far in front of her. He probably needs to see a nurse, look at all those deep gash marks. A large shadow widened below as she was just outside of the creature's body. Not dressed in typical uniform, Lace wore a wrinkled white rolled-up sleeved dress shirt, black slim pants, and red/white tennis shoes. Starting to look up, she slowed her run and stopped in a state of surprise and shock. From right above, a clear view of what exactly this creature was finally realized.

Tall, white, and just a little bit handsome. Dizzy smell, too big, and a teeny bit fat but not around the lips. It's got it where it counts, and I can't think of when I thought about that before. Not for all I know, it isn't a robot there's no off switch from the sides.
Just then the shadow of one of her classmates blew into view from high above the creature. Whoever it was, it was on course to knock her right out. Not wanting to break step, Lace slowed her run down looking up behind her as the boy ascended down.

That, wait a sec'. Yeah? Heh, hey alright someone I know! Is this payback for leaving earlier from the office? Ah gee, I didn't have anything serious see? Jus', important things that I really had to do. Like get more firecrackers for tonight, there's more than two people at this school.

Losing track of time in thought, she turned facing forward for a second to keep the wall far ahead of her in sight. Lace's back was collapsing, it must've been a refrigerator, a tiger, or something large rocketed on top of her. Head turned back, she made no previous attempt to brace for impact. A scream from the boy, and Brumble on the floor afterwards, Lace was sprawled out on the ground with eyes closed and head resting above her right arm.

"YEAUGH!"

Biting her lip to hold in the massive flood of tears, she rolled over and gripped her neck rolling in pain. It might've been a sprain, but Lace did all she could to maintain consciousness. Tears beginning to stream down, she rolled to her right to see a motionless Sigmund.

Hey just flew down right on top of me. Fell for a sneak attack, and on my first day out in the field in front of every kid here. There was a sharp jolt of pain that shot up her right leg. Shutting her eyes as tight as she could, Lace shut off to right her state of mind.

Is this how people here celebrate?! Have the oldest guy stand up on some, gah. Liberty Bell...statue and just stage dive into the nearest idiot? I'm not that much of a cushion am I? You can't just land and bounce of me.
Still closed, she rubbed her face of tears and opened let go of her leg.
Taking sharp, and quick intakes of air Lace was having an extremely difficult time breathing. Whatever smashed and bounced off her weighed a ton more than she did, and it pushed right on her chest in crushing pressure.

“Hey, how are you feeling?”

Lace was on her stomach now and pushed her face up. Eyes completely wide in shock, she couldn't here a single sound. The world was mute, no one screamed, shouted, everyone standing up formed words she could no longer follow. Mouth taking in large gulps of air at once, chest tight she couldn't breath. She darted her eyes to a young boy with hair dark similar to her fashion.

"I can't breath. I can't breath, I can't breath, I can't-,". Lace pounded the ground under her head with her fist. Looking this new boy in the eye she gave him an angry look with her teeth clenched. Jabbing her finger in Sigmund's direction next to her, she began to shake her head furiously no in desperation. He needed to understand.

It looked possible that Lace was able to breath as long as she kept her chest elevated off the ground, and continued to draw in sharp breaths. I-I can live. I'm gonna get us both squished here. He won't be the one to show ME up tonight! Won't be the one to seperate me from what I came here for. No returning those firecrackers now, there all blown up inside that thing, I can't reach inside it unless it swallows me. I won't be far off from the mark unless I let him pick me up, it's just..no good. Why am I down here? Did everyone else come this low I'm in my own league.

With her right arm outstretched pointing the boy towards her right, Lace's vision was unstable. Curling her legs up into a ball underneath her body, she rose up to sit although Lace's forward still hit the floor. In her mind, letting go of my chest meant game over, there was no nurse, no doctor, and no help from anyone here.

"I can hold out," she told the pasty child not looking him in the eyes as she herself focused her gaze on the floor. Coughing in fits, and blinking hard tears, her consciousness began slip in and out of darkness. Barely awake and coherent she slowly moved her head to tilt in the boys direction. Lace with eyes half closed, and swallowing in nerves she stared fixed on the ground.

Last edited:

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
Ciara H. Wright
Court of Miracles
Bellow High

She moved quickly and carefully, and didn't care to look back. It was strange how the attacks seemed to be hitting closer than they were before. Perhaps the creature had noticed her and started moving, but Ciara doubted that with that bulk that it would be able to get to her that quickly, especially if it was being slowed by external factors. She heard yells and shouts, jumbles of words.

And then, behind her, she heard an inhuman scream, a wretched sound of horror and pain, far louder than she could have ever expected. Her blood chilled even as she turned slowly around, to face the monster, which loomed frighteningly over her. Her entire body was frozen, locked in place under that frightening stare, but now her mind went into overdrive. All she could think of was how hopeless it looked, how she would die here alone, with all her saviours on the other side of the monster. And would they save her? They would think her foolhardy and arrogant, perhaps they too had delusions of grandeur, of having the ability to leave her to her fate. Alone with the beast, distracting it from them so they could make the killing blow, no matter the cost to Ciara herself.

How it looked at her... it perceived her as being a bug, something that had to be squashed... no, exterminated. It hungered for her blood, to wipe her out and then move on without a second thought. She opened her eyes, and glared right at it- her final defiance. She would not give that beast the pleasure of bowing her head, of closing her eyes. She would not wait for the blade to fall. Breathing slowly, Ciara waited for her end.

All of a sudden, ice appeared around those monstrous legs, freezing it temporarily in place. Those other people... they hadn't forgotten about her after all. And then, she heard sounds. Footsteps from behind, and at that moment Ciara found a sliver of hope. She would not die after all. Turning, Ciara came face-to-face with Tachibana, the real her, not some shadowy copy.

Tachibana was saying something, but Ciara wasn't listening. All she could think of was that she could see a person. She could see an actual, living being when she had given up the idea of that happening, and for some crazy reason, it actually made her kind of happy. Then, Tachibana's eyes flickered up, up to the sky and Ciara realised that she had turned her back on the enemy- the largest tactical error possible.

Even as she swivelled to face it, Tachibana raced in front of her and pulled her Evoker out, summoning her Persona- Astraea, Greek goddess of justice, innocence and purity. Seeing it for the first time, in all its glory, Ciara was struck by the intense beauty of the figure, of its spectral nature. How it stood there, to protect both her and Tachibana; if this was what truly represented Tachibana, then perhaps Ciara had gotten her all wrong. It threw up a barrier, easily deflecting the attacks of the Shadow, before Miyuki herself charged with a blast of pure light.

Ciara breathed slowly as she looked at the girl, who was standing right in front of her, protecting her. The body language suggested 'You'll have to go through me to get to Ciara' but why? How could Tachibana be so selfless in such a grave situation, diving in front of harm like that? How could she be so pure, so faithful when Ciara had been downright offensive to her before? Tachibana had no incentive to save her, in fact Ciara would not have been surprised if Tachibana had chosen to leave her, oblivious to impending doom.

Yet Ciara was thankful. Tachibana had not been petty. She had not thought to 'just let her die.' Tachibana had not left her to her death, and this meant more to her than anything anyone had ever done for her before. This display of faith was so pure and innocent, so true, and Ciara got a clear picture of who Tachibana was for the first time- not the embarrassed, angry girl from the bathroom, but a genuinely nice girl, one who would lay her life on the line with no consideration for her own. She put her hand on her protector's shoulder.

"Thank you, Tachibana," she whispered. No wait, what was it in the notebook? "I'm sorry, Miyuki. I'm so sorry..." she looked up at the giant monster, the thing that had lurked within Miyuki's heart and thoughts and now threatened to destroy her, "...for everything that has been done to you, for whatever happened that created that thing. But, you will defeat it. You are better than it, and no matter what it may say, I don't think you are like this at all."

Ciara smiled sadly even as she walked slowly backwards, away from the fight. This wasn't her arena, not by a long shot. She couldn't battle this thing, not with what she had now. Maybe her best bet was to just get away and hide and think. Think about people. About what Tachibana had meant by what she had done. Even if she really did forget in the morning... there was always a chance of her remembering. Even if she had to go through this every night forever, to have a memory of this single moment, of the moment of faith and trust... It would be worth it. Maybe she could still be saved- maybe she wasn't as cold as she made out to be.

And this gave her hope in herself.

She didn't hear the shouts, she didn't see the boys who came in late; she just turned and walked away, lost within her own heart. Thinking. About life, about friendship and about love and faith.

Son_of_Shadows

Joshua Sands - Tower Arcana - Court of Miracles

He could tarry no longer, with Sigmund and the explosive girl injured. Fortunately, the other girl was getting away. One less liability to worry about. As Miyuki continued to engage her Shadow, Joshua and Shiva went into action again. They stepped towards the injured duo, and the boy who'd been lit on fire who was checking them. When he was sure that they'd be able to hear, Joshua began to sing the higher part of the Aria spell, with Shiva joining in simultaneously. The bass made of ice appeared in his hands again (surprisingly, it didn't feel cold to him), and the steady rhythm began to reverberate across the area, reaching Sigmund and the girl he'd landed on. The healing song would hopefully alleviate his pain, though moving him might be out of the question for now - meaning he was a sitting duck right now.

He wasn't the only one.

Joshua fell on both knees how, his power exhausted - how many times had he used Shiva's abilities tonight? Four times in the space of a few minutes... But it was incredibly draining. The boy was dizzy, and he could feel a migraine coming on. If Shadow Miyuki attacked him now... Well, I'm a goner... At least, in the end... I helped... He closed his eyes, praying fervently for a miracle to finish off this foul dragon...

Zincspider

My Bloody
Shadow Miyuki
Court of Miracles
Near the street, standing in front of Miyuki

What was this? Not only had her cowardly 'real' self stepped in to save the wench, but she had the gall to ATTACK her. Did she not understand this was all in the name of justice? The witch and Miyuki both deserved what was coming to them. She could not argue that could she?

And these fleas kept biting her! Her legs were stiff with cold, something had hit her head fairly hard several times before she wrenched it off, and most of all she had been blasted with Hama herself. The blow had sent her reeling backward, nearly crushing two of the other insects (they weren't her target, but at this point she wouldn't mind squishing them).

She was weakening. There were too many enemies. Too many fools trying to protect these two girls. But why? What did they see in them?

“WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?” Shadow Miyuki screamed, swinging her saber at full strength, and beginning to laugh manically (almost insane in fact). This girls tiny shield would never be able to stand up to it. She would at least achieve her purpose before being defeated. Nothing would stop her.

And she truly believed that, even up to when her saber connected with something to the tune of a huge:

CLANG!

Her mirthful laughter stopped abruptly as she looked at what had stopped her blow. It was a large man in a white coat, with long flowing hair, a stern expression, and a large scimitar. He was straining under the weight of her blow, reinforcing his guard by holding the blade with both hands. And underneath that man, was another, rather similar in appearance, with messier hair, a bit smaller, and bags under his eyes.

“Alright, I think you've had your fun.” The smaller man shouted, holding a katana out in front of him, and using it to designate Shadow Miyuki.

“WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?”

“The name's Garret Wulfgard.” The man said again, looking around, apparently uninterested with the large saber just a few feet over his head, held back only by his pathetic Persona. “And you're hurting my students. I'm afraid I can't let that continue.”

“WHY DO YOU STAND UP TO MY JUDGEMENT! I AM JUSTICE!”

Wulfgard sighed, unimpressed.

“Listen, I can see how you believe your ideals are noble. But you're gong about this the wrong way...” Wulfgard began. He trailed off however, and shook his head. “You know what, I’m sure you don't care about what I have to say, and I don't want to hear your piddly-*** Shadow excuses. Let's rumble.” With that, Wulfgard assumed a strong stance, feet spread apart at shoulder width, one in front of the other slightly, and held his sword out in front of him both hands grasping it firmly.

“WONDERFUL IDEA, WULFGARD! NOW DIE!” Shadow Miyuki shouted, raising her own weapon into the air once again. The man's Persona jumped back and vanished into thin air, awaiting to be called on again.

The saber down hard, and should have crushed Wulfgard flat. If he had still been on the ground. Instead, the Shadow looked around confused when not met with a splatter of blood, but with the shattering of concrete. But she saw him soon enough. He had simply leaped to his left, and was attempting to jump back.

“YOU CAN'T ESCAPE!” She screamed, even louder than usual. But try as she might, the sword was stuck in the concrete sidewalk.

“I'm not trying to.” Wulfgard mumbled jumping on the wide back of her blade, balancing precariously. “In fact, I'm coming right to you!”

Wulfgard charged up the sword, and onto her arm. The shadow quickly relinquished her shield in favor of the ability to swat Wulfgard off of her, but he was too dodgey, leaping and ducking as she tried. Before she knew it, he was jumping on her shoulder with the grace of a ballet dancer.

'No... THIS CANNOT BE!' She thought, rapidly trying to search her options. But she could find none. Her other arm wouldn't make it in time, even if she let go of her sword. Her legs were stiff and cold, limiting her movement, and she was already sluggish from all of the damage she had taken.

“ ZAHMAKEN (Evil-Cutting Sword)! MEN!” Wulfgard shouted jumping towards her head, and bringing his blade down on her forehead he cut more than halfway down into her mask. Then her whole body went stiff.

“No. Is this the end? Have I failed?”

And everything went black for Shadow Miyuki, as she screamed louder than anything many of the children had heard before. As the shriek continued, she slowly began to evaporate into a black mist, until there was nothing but her head and shoulders... and soon that was gone as well. This of course left Wulfgard about two stories in the air with no way down but the hard way.

“I SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT THIS THROUGH!” He shouted, flailing in the air until he hit the ground, making a cracking noise not dissimilar to Sigmund's. “SH!T! LIZA! HELP!” He shouted, grasping his chest. He had probably cracked a few ribs. He could feel that his scar had busted open as well, but that was just from summoning Kresnik.

Awaiting assistance, Wulfgard turned his head and found Miyuki. He attempted a smile, but the pain stopped it from being anything but a grimace. “Sorry... about stealing... your victory. I just... couldn't... let her... run free... anymore.” He said between pained breaths. “You... can kill... my Shadow... if you want... though.” He finished. He tried to chuckle but all that ended in was him almost being driven to tears. “HAHA.. OUCH! Hehe...”

But eventually, his face became serious. "Listen... Miyuki. That might... have been... your shadow... but you... overcame it. You defied it... you stood up... and protected... Ciara... even though... *cough* damn... dems my ribs..." Wulfgard tried to explain. A shadow that large stood for Miyuki balling somthing up inside of her for years. Most likely a thirst for what's right and just. She finally resolved it however... whether she knew it or not.

(OOC: Sorry, but I thought I was faced by a dilema. Either have to choose 'favorites' in who gets the kill, or attribute it to all of you weakening her and finally having Wulfgard show his stuff. In the future, this will be much easier to do. Just bear with me for now)

Last edited:

niedude

Don't forget to grin
JP </3 Lovers Arcana
<// Court of Miracles \\>

Easy, and very carefully, JP stood up. Each of his movements were so slow, and so thought out it seemed like he was trying to build a castle of cards.

‘One, two…’ he timed as he put both feet vertically on the ground and in one strong push lifted himself up.

“GAAAH!”

JP’s body erupted with pain, like an innumerable number of stitches and gashes were cut open once again. And then, the pain disappeared, being replaced by an uncomfortable numbness. Carefully, JP stretched each of his limbs, like he was warming up for practice. With each stretch, the pain decreased, and soon, JP’s body was almost back to normal.

Almost.

He still felt himself drained of nearly all his strength, and after two quick punches in the air he saw that his speed and technique were awkward. This on top of the huge migraine he’d woken up with, though the soothing wind from Terri’s shadow and… Josh’s oddly beautiful singing had considerably eased it.

Oh God, he’d just used the word “beautiful” and “Josh” in the same sentence. If that evoker were real he’d most likely shoot himself.

Speaking of that…

He brought his evoker to his temple, took a deep breath and shot.

Nothing.

His exhaustion most likely affected his Persona too, and now Pedro was far too weak to even materialize. That had to be it, right?

Regardless, Wulfgard managed to beat the Shadow. By climbing on top of it! The result was a huge fall and broken bones, sure, but damn was that awesome. Though now they were seriously screwed: Wulfgard had saved them twice, and next week there should be another Shadow, going by this trend. And if Wulfgard was already injured before, he was totally out of the count for now…

They’d need to train like hell for this next week if they wanted to have any chance of survival.

“Terri, Josh, Snow, thanks. I seriously saw my life flashing through my eyes just now. I’d be dead if it weren’t for you.”

He took two steps away from Terri and collected his sword, sheathing it at his back again. He didn’t even know where he’d thrown the poster case in the beginning of the court, but he didn’t worry about that: it would just reappear at his back once the court ended.

“Hey, everyone, regroup, NOW!”

Wulfgard was down. Randy was out cold. Someone had to take the reins. He waited for everyone to gather around where he and Randy were, the soft patch of grass that seemed the safest spot in this blood-oozing dimension where behind every corner something wanted to eat them. Once everyone was at least within ear-shot, he continued.

“Role-call! I’m JP, full name: you don’t care.” He looked around and found a funny looking stick. He picked it up.
“This is my version of the peace pipe, I’ll call it Mr.Only-I-Can-Talk. Like the name suggests, the person who has this can introduce themselves, and we’ll try to explain stuff so you don’t go crazy tomorrow, whether you remember this or not.”

He looked over the group: Mostly a rag-tag bunch of unimpressive kids. Last time civilians were dragged to the court, only one or two held onto their spark. Out of this group, JP figured he’d only ever see about two of them in the court again. Hopefully the cute girl Terri had helped out earlier and that guy that already had a weapon with him (what the hell?) would stay around.

"So, heads up," he shouted as he threw the stick to at the first person he didn't recognize.

(OOC: So, edited accordingly. Anyone who wants to, just pick the damn stick.)

Last edited:

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Theresa Del Monico - Empress Arcana
Court of Miracles

"Demeter..." Theresa murmured as she looked around after her bout of fatigue. Her Persona had disappeared, maybe from the strain it put on her head. She then slowly looked up, feeling mroe normal.

Theresa watched as JP got up and stretched. The battle was over, and Wulfgard had managed to defeat Shadow Miyuki. JP seemingly looked OK, and the throbbing pain in her head had eased itself, much to her relief.

“Terri, Josh, Snow, thanks. I seriously saw my life flashing through my eyes just now. I’d be dead if it weren’t for you.” JP said, addressing her, Joshua and Snow. Theresa smiled, before brushing her hair back.

"I'm so glad you're OK, JP. I thought that I was going to be too late at first..." She replied, recounting on the events that had happened. Shadow Miyuki was more powerful than she had expected. Miyuki was such a sweet girl too. How much worse could anybody else's be? She did not want anybody to die anymore...JP came close, and her heart had nearly shattered if he hadn't hung on by a thread and had Snow not come earlier.

"It could be anyone...I have to take care of them..." She thought to herself, eying all the kids in the room. There were so many of them. JP and Randy could help them train...but who was going to help protect them? Theresa decided that she was going to be the one who would, despite anybody's notions about her. Yes, even Ciara. Wulfgard's fall looked pretty bad, and he probably needed some healing.

“Hey, everyone, regroup, NOW!” JP announced.

“Role-call! I’m JP, full name: you don’t care.” He called out, picking up a strange-looking stick. He then held it up.

“This is my version of the peace pipe, I’ll call it Mr.Only-I-Can-Talk. Like the name suggests, the person who has this can introduce themselves, and we’ll try to explain stuff so you don’t go crazy tomorrow, whether you remember this or not.” He continued. He then looked around at the group, before throwing the stick towards a guy from their homeroom. He wore a kilt, but still looked manly despite that.

“Hey, Scottish dude, heads up.” he warned as he threw the stick at him. Theresa grinned as her worries eased. JP was back, and he was going to be OK. However, she looked back at Wulfgard who definitely did not look OK, sprawled on the ground, obviously fractured, and wondered if her Summer Wind would be good enough to help him. She knew that the spell wasn't as potent as a Dia, it being multi-target, but it was better than nothing.Taking her pistol, she held it up, her hand quivering, and pulled the trigger awkwardly.

"Demeter! Summer Wind!" She called as her Persona materialized in front of her. Demeter held up her rod and allowed the warm, golden petal-filled breeze to envelop Wulfgard.

"Keep at it, Demeter..." Theresa said as she monitored Wulfgard. The pharmacist must have had a broken rib, based on his fall, something that was not too hard to heal with a Dia. But Summer Wind was not Dia, and Theresa knew that she had to push herself one last time for the night.

"Three rounds will do...four to make sure I guess..." She told Demeter, who intensified the breeze. Theresa watched Wulfgard as her head began to throb again, hoping that Demeter's healing would work.

Last edited: