• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Persona- Upon the Grave of Guilt (RP Thread)

Pir8Heart

ƸӜƷ
@ .:LT:. A macaw, you say? Well, I guess Ulala is a very...erm, tropical bird (Pffft, bird XD)

Oh, and remember, Ulala is half redhead, half blond.

Ulala - On the ground next to Sofiya, and being confronted by Kent

"Um, ok."

That was what Ulala thought she heard the male voice's reply as. For some reason, he didn't seem as loud as before, so Minami couldn't quite catch his words. She kept replaying that imaginary cassette in her mind, trying to catch the words he really spoke, that she didn't realize that he had already reached them. This certain black-haired boy smiled a rather exotic smile.

Umm...is that supposed to be a relieved smile or a flirty one. Nevertheless, he seems like a fun person...I like it~. But, gh, I hope he's not another...what-his-name. Yeah, the one with Theresa. Oh, that's right, she tried to say hi that one time, but Mina ignored her...Gh, what was she thinking? It was the perfect opportunity for her to advance in her social life! Nyeh, she re-

As her thoughts spiraled deeper and deeper off of her original topic, the other boy spoke,

“Anyway, do you know what’s going on with all this shet? Green sky, crimson walls, everyone away. Either the nuclear apocalypse happened or Sarah Palin became president of the United States. And I don’t even know which is worse."

Ulala let out a small shriek, as another voice had interrupted her thoughts. The best she could get out was,

"O-Oh, sorry..but I think Sarah Failin' would be worse, y'know?" She proceeded to grab her shoulder, as she was still a bit coddled, only to find that her shoulder was covered in

that something.

It took her a bit to process what she was touching so her response came a bit late,

".........Ehehe, I have something on my shoulder, don't I? A-Anyway, I'm Ulala, that's Sofiya, and you are..."

Last edited:

Zincspider

My Bloody
Garret Wulfgard
Court of Miracles

Well, that was eventful. Not a one of them failed in summoning their Personas... well, unless you considered summoning it and then crying like a little girl because of a little girl failing. Then that totally happened. But that wasn't important. What's important is that they had finished fast enough to where there were no Shadows at their position yet. That was good.

“Alright everybody, good job. I haven't seen any of these Personas before so I have no idea what kinds of powers they posses. My own Persona, Kresnik, is a physical fighter, and as such drains my stamina whenever he uses his signature attacks.” Wulfgard began, walking up the group again, closing off the gap. And then he heard it. The first signs of rustling in the night. A sure sign that Shadows were nearby. And this early meant that the first specimen would be...

“As I said before a Shadow is the manifestation of ones sins and shortcomings. Some of these are quite... small.” Wulfgard began, silently moving to the nearest bush. As his sentence ended, a flash of silver was seen by the students as Wulfgard stabbed into the shrubbery. Pulling out the blade horizontally, Wulfgard presented the watchers with a large blob of... something, impaled on the sword.

“This is a Maya. They're small, they're weak, and they are many. Small jealousies and such become these little guys. They don't look much different alive. Foot high blobs wearing a creepy mask and waving misshapen arms. Even you new recruits should be able to take them down no problem. Although, I want you to try without your Persona at first. I don't want you getting to worn out. If in a pinch, go ahead. Just be careful... this isn't a drill.” Garret explained, shaking the Maya of the sword. In a few seconds, the Shadow dissolved leaving behind only a strange blue mask. However, he knew it was far from the last of them. In fact, there they were right now.

Emerging from the dark, A horde of Mayas previously hidden in the stadium's shadow cast by the moon emerged. They had sough out the nearest prey apparently. Looking closely, Garret assumed there were roughly two for each of the recruits. Hopefully they could handle it.

“CHARGE!”

(OOC: Alright guys, time to get started with something simple. In your next post I want you to take out one or two of the Mayas that break off from the crowd. No more. We are new here, and I want to leave enough action for everyone. Beware as these things can hurt if they flank you.)

niedude

Don't forget to grin
JP </3 Lovers Arcana
<// Court of Miracles \\>

Sensei was truly impressive.

JP thought about the first impression this man had on him, and how that image he’d created just 180’d itself.

JP had barely not even noticed any commotion –outside of the constant summoning and… crying surrounding him- yet the pharmacist was able to locate and slice dead a small blob of what JP could only describe as a shadow turned 3D. Guess these creatures were named appropriately.

He shook off the shadow kebab showing no blood leftover on the sword. To the young boy, this just proved how devilish they were, and only served to strengthen his resolve to wipe their race away.

It was completely lost on him that these feelings of anger and murder were most likely creating their own shadows; the intensity with which they burned in their heart indicating his dark spawn would most likely be a lot stronger than a walking blob.

For the moment, his mind could only try to focus on the battles to come. In a showing of destiny’s ironic timing, his desire was met. The Stadium’s shadow had become a silent nest for this creature’s brothers; most likely feeling threatened after seeing their kin be so easily slaughtered, they seemed to respond under a “do or die” attitude, and lunged at the group.

The swarm seemed overwhelming at first, but upon closer inspection, there were barely two or three shadows for each one of them.

Somehow, JP felt a bit disappointed. Though he guessed that he would most likely end up taking on about 7 of them, taking into account the few among them who he seriously doubted could even fight. Like the girl with a shield. Or Josh.

With that in mind, he sprinted right at a few of them. Grabbing a rock mid sprint, he threw it at a few of them, making a small fraction of Shadows separate from the main horde.

With his targets in mind, he signaled Terri while ramming two Shadows side by side. She would understand that he was counting on her for support, and wanted her to slice away the other Shadows he didn’t target.

The boy kept sprinting while two monsters nibbled his arms. The pain started out faint, possibly dulled out by the adrenaline, but was now almost unbearable. Unable to take it any longer, he shook away the gelatinous Shadows. Both hit the ground with a loud thump, and one was quick to counterattack, stretching two dark… hands, for lack of a better term, and bringing them to JP’s neck, chocking him with much more strength than such tiny arms should have.

The other Shadow was most likely stunned, for it had yet to act. This was a lucky outcome, for JP was already regretting underestimating these foes. His opinion of his Sensei was also lowering with each breath he struggled to catch.

‘Weaklings… my ass…!’

‘The knife,’ a voice whispered inside his head.

With the voice came the realization of the knife he’d strapped to his abs. Or rather, the belt he’d tied around his abs and over his shoulder.

He wanted to catch it, but the strength to lift his own hands away from the Shadow which choked him seemed to not be there.

It is because of this that JP couldn’t believe when his own left hand, without any order or conscious attempt to move it, parted from his enemy’s and wrapped around the handle of his tiny silver dagger.

In one precise swoop it was unsheathed with such speed even the Shadow failed to realize his own arms had been sliced.

Even before it could feel the pain from this blow, that is, if it can even feel pain, JP, now in perfect control of his own body, brought the weapon down over the monster and planted the blade right between the mask’s empty eyes.

Within seconds the monster dissipated into an abnormal black fog.

“I think I found a weak point!” he announced to the others, before looking down on the other Shadow, who seemed to be, of all things, trembling, sheathing his dagger and stomping it beneath his sneakers.

This time, the monster held on, and JP could swear the thing let out something reminiscent of a scream, but he just kept stomping it over and over again. Finally, the mask broke away and the monster seemed to liquefy, leaving behind a pool of black paint, which slowly evaporated into the same fog as the Shadow from before had turned to.

With his heart pumping incredibly fast, JP turned to the others and analyzed the battlefield, judging whether or not anyone needed his help.

OOC:

I FREAKING LOVED WRITING THIS!

Everything came out so smoothly and awesomely, it almost wrote itself.

So, comments on this post:
-First I said I would, the I said I didn't, but I finally settled on JP being PARTIALLY taken over by Pedro. In this case, his left hand was (which, FFY, is the side of the body said to be more closely related to the subconscious. There's even a Doctor House ep where a guy's left hand moves by itself, because the subconscious part of the brain had taken over. SRSLY, watch that.)
- JP is now ready to help everyone out, should they need help. This being JP, warn me if you want your character to strain himself in a multi post battle without JP butting in. But it was part of his contract to not let other ppl die, SOOOOO.... take that into account. Or smth.

And lastly!

The part about the mask beeing a weakpoint is not true. It is something I always imagined to be true, so that kinda also transitioned into JP, but I have no actual proof of that being true. What happened was one of the shadows was stabbed in what basically was his face and the other was stomped to death. Simple.

Son_of_Shadows

OOC: Combat time! Let's see if Joshua doesn't just run away like a little girl...

Joshua Sands - Tower Arcana - Court of Miracles

Unfortunately, Wulfgard couldn't tell him anything about Shiva's abilities, so Joshua was literally going to have to work things out for himself. Good, that was how a real man did it. Real men don't use instruction manuals, they jump headfirst into their inevitably doomed projects. Or so television told him, anyway. He next pulled out the corpse of a Shadow. Joshua flinched at its appearance... Seeing the poor creature, even if it was a manifestation of negativity, impaled so painfully on a sword... It didn't sit well with him. He pitied it. He looked down at the saber in his hand. If it came to it, could he kill these Shadows effectively? Did he have a choice? In this court, it seemed this would be his trial... Apart from the whole fighting for his life thing.

We have no choice but to fight. If not for our own sake, then for everyone else's. Shiva was right. Fighting was their only hope. These weren't real creatures, after all... And even if they were, he wouldn't think of them as them, for his own sanity.

No sooner had he thought through all this than a horde of Mayas, the Shadow Wulfgard had impaled on the sword appeared from the stadium. Had they been there before? Well, there were about 20 of them, so no time to worry about that now. Wulfgard ordered an all out attack on the horde, and, very unsurprisingly, JP rushed in to start kicking rear. And successfully managed to kill a couple, though it seemed to be mostly luck to Joshua's eyes. That boy is going to get himself killed... Well, better give this a try anyway... Here we go. Actual fighting... Oh God... He could feel the blood draining from his face at the prospect of a sentient enemy. Something that might scream as he stabbed it, or worse, manage to hurt him. Would a scratch or anything here show up in the real world? How would he explain that?! Shiva heard his concerns, and opted to focus the boy on the situation at hand.

We can aid our allies and do damage at the same time with my Diamond Dust. I suggest that as our opening gambit. Sounded good to Joshua, at any rate. What exactly did Diamond Dust involve? He'd find out momentarily. Again, he focussed on the Queen of Spades, and the mystery surrounding the situation. "Persona! Diamond Dust!" Shiva sprang forth from a burst of light once more. He brought one of his free hands to his lips, and blew forth a sharp flurry of brilliant blue snow, frigid in its very appearance towards the Mayas, and JP. Fortunately, he would feel nothing from the attack, as they were on the same side, even if they did disagree... The Mayas began to flinch and wince under the bitter cold of the attack, and their already slow slither was reduced to even less than a crawl. Joshua understood how this helped; they'd have no chance to react against the group's attacks, and they'd have ample time to prepare.. Or retreat if it came to that. A useful skill, and as it wasn't physical, Joshua still felt reasonably fresh. He smiled, especially as one or two weaker stragglers looked very unsteady. Well done. Your focus when summoning me is effective.

On the contrary, you did all the work there...

It is the bond between Persona and summoner that allows such things. Now then, we shall take the offensive. Those two stragglers...
Imbued with confidence from the success of the first spell, Joshua had drawn his saber, and was manoeuvring his way to the back of the horde. The stragglers would be his. The first turned to him, and screeched, ready to fight, but it was much too slow because of the dust, and Joshua quickly thrust the point of his sword into its arm. Shiva acted before he could do anything, and froze the fencing saber inside the wound. Now! As the sword was now bigger than the original wound, and more powerful because of the, for want of a better phrase, magical infusion, when Joshua tore upwards, the arm was sliced clean open. The second was now hurtling itself towards him, but he didn't see it coming, and the Maya smacked full into his face. The impact dazed him, but he "counterattacked" (by which I mean he flailed his arms as he stumbled, and got lucky) with a slash, grazing the offender. Seizing the initiative, Joshua stabbed the Ice Blade through the Maya's mask, causing it to vanish in a puff of darkness. The first had now recovered from its wound, and was approaching. Not a problem, Joshua used superior agility to manoeuvre behind it, and stab it from behind. The second vanished. He had won, though the physical exertion caused by the Ice Blade had him panting now.

Wow, that was intense... He could feel a sharp pain in his stomach from it, though he didn't seem to be bleeding... Evidently, his attack wasn't as strong as Wulfgard's had been last night, which had left him with an unpleasant gash. His job done, Joshua began to make his way back to the group and gave a wry grin, watching his back as he did so.

Niihyl

Posthuman
Mana Shizuko
CoM

Wulfgard noticed it first, the rustling, and impaled a shadow on his sword. A ‘Maya’, hm? He said to not use Personae, and simply try and fight. Well, that’d be fine. JP immediately rushed into combat, of course, as soon as Wulfgard gave the order to charge. Charge? Not likely. Although the moron seemed to be deliberately trying to get himself killed.

Josh launched a flurry of ice by summoning his Shiva, slowing down the Shadows considerably. Now… the ever-so-boring work of shooting them down. Mana fired several arrows, sticking one of the blobby things to the ground. He turned aside, and shot another one. The blobby things seemed to still be alive though. Apparently Shadows didn’t have organs to puncture. With a sigh, Mana lifted his bow to shoot again. This was almost too easy. As long as he didn’t go close, the slow-as-hell monsters were pathetic.

Several shots later, they were gone. Aww… no fun… a voice whispered in his head.

I’m sure you’ll have a chance sooner or later… Mana thought. Suddenly, a black blobby thing leapt on him, pinning his bow to his side. “Dammit!” Mana shouted, pushed downward. The thing wrapped its hands around his throat and proceeded to throttle the life from him. No… there were no weapons in sight… how had the thing gotten so close?

The world faded to black, and Mana gripped the syringe that had somehow appeared in his hand. “Persona… Kill it! Hurt it! Like hell I’m going to die here!” He shouted, stabbing the syringe into his thumb. Alice rose, and smiled. She grabbed several arrows from Mana’s quiver, and shoved one through the black blob. It keened, and Alice dragged it off of him.

Mana laughed. “Kill it, Alice. Make the bastard pay…” She smiled at the words, and shoved the arrows through, coating them in odd mist. “Dream Needle…” Mana murmured, almost subconsciously. Every arrow made the thing cry out, as Alice shoved more arrows into the thing, still grinning. After a moment, she lifted up what looked to be a porcupine. If shadows could feel pain… this one was in agony. And… it was still alive.

Alice poked it. “I think it’s dead. It’s twitching a little bit, but that’s probably because the arrows are making it dream! Isn’t that funny, it’s dreaming happy dreams. She grabbed one of the arrows and tore it out. The blob deflated and vanished, several arrows and a mask clattering to the floor. Alice gleefully lifted the mask and held it before her face, fading into mist.

Mana recovered his arrows. Hell, this wasn’t too bad. “Oi, JP! I’ll bet you twenty that I can kill more of these bastards than you can!”

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Snow
Court of Miracles

Looking at the creature impaled on Garret’s sword, Snow felt a little fascinated. The Maya didn’t look like anything real, and yet there it was. Maybe its mask might be found in normal time. So they were formed by small jealousies. Then it made sense for it to be common. In the culture of materialism that pervaded much of the world, jealousy was easy to form. That was something Ted liked to say when preaching a humble God-directed life.

Then a great number of the Maya creatures appeared. They slid across the surface of the ground in easy glides, sometimes making motions with their thin arms like they were pulling themselves towards them. Garret called for them to charge into battle.

This was it. Snow felt a knot of nervousness, but it had to be done. At first, he wasn’t supposed to use his Persona. But Melpomene was there if he needed her power, whatever it would be.

As he had a distance weapon, he knew he could stay back. But then, he didn’t want to hit anyone of his group. Snow looked over the enemies until he spotted one at the edge of the group, with a clear shot. Bringing his boomerang up to the right position, he threw it at that one.

And completely missed because it flew right over the Maya. Oh right, there was that problem. They were only a foot high and he was throwing at around three feet off the ground. While he waited on the boomerang to return, he glanced at his allies. JP had rushed into the battle, while Joshua had ignored Garret’s suggestion and called on his Persona to sent a snow flurry at the Mayas. And nearby, Mana was using his crossbow on the Mayas. They at least were doing some damage.

His boomerang was coming back, so Snow caught it between his hands. Okay, now to figure out how to make this weapon fly low. He tried dropping down to a crouch and throwing like that. It was awkward, but this time it went low enough. However, he again missed the one he wanted to hit. Instead, he hit one that was right next to it.

Well it was something. This was definitely going to take getting used to. The Maya he had hit was looking around, shifting its mask around in an almost comical manner. As the boomerang came back, it tried to glide out of the way. but it had some kind of frost along its bottom half, making it move slower than usual. It was probably what Joshua had done. Because of that, the boomerang hit it on its way back to Snow.

But it didn’t finish it off. ‘I’m not very strong,’ Snow thought, disappointed. He wanted to be helpful.

You will be. Be patient.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Sigmund Okonkwo
Court of Miracles, Saturday

Just two others had followed Sigmund in summoning their Personae, but Sigmund was too busy sulking in the back of the pack to see what they had given him. Their Personae were supposed to represent their inner selves or something, right? Then how had he ended up with a fairy as his? His first thought was some sort of relation to his hobby of gardening, but if that were the case he imagined he would have ended up with some sort of plant creature.

Nothing that he knew would explain this.

Either way, Wulfgard didn't give him much more time to think about it. His next lesson came out of the blue, producing an impaled version of their purportedly most common enemy. Given his explanation, they manifested in response to minor feelings. No way they would ever stop appearing, then, but it would still do them good to try and dent their growing numbers. Even better, this "Maya" was little more than an animate pile of black sludge with a mask, or so it seemed. Little in the way of redeeming qualities.

Oh, and there were a lot of them.

Just as Garret was finishing up by repeating his warning to use the Personae sparingly, close to two dozen of the same Shadows began their approach from the building's entrance. It was like their school had turned into some hellish monster factory.

Assuming a wide stance, Sigmund eyed a couple of Mayas near the edge of the pack. Those would be good to start on. JP beat him to the punch, though, charging ahead and throwing a rock into the middle of the group. The Shadows seemed to scatter in response, splitting up the group he would have gone after.

That being the case, he lurched forward, wanting to contain those things before they could disperse any further. Hadn't their job been to keep them contained? Well done, upperclassman. Come to think of it, he had the most obnoxious laugh, too.

Approaching the Mayas jolted Sigmund's mind back to the task at hand. He could get annoyed at JP later. Right now, Shadows.

His first target tried to swerve to his right in an apparent attempt to maneuver past the students. Raising his fist, Sigmund came to a quick halt and swung around with his momentum.

Nice try.

The shadow couldn't get out of the way in time, caught as he brought his arm hurtling toward the ground at an alarming rate, sinking it deep into the Shadow's formless body. It offered just enough resistance to reduce the recoil from the impact before seemingly dissolving. Already, his first takedown. Not so bad, but he had a feeling that he might have hurt his hand if the Maya hadn't broken the collision.

Mental note: look into padding these gauntlets.

"...bet you twenty that I can kill more of these bastards than you can!”

This challenge caught Sigmund's attention. Apparently the boy who had summoned "Alice" was getting into a kill-tally wager with JP. Now that was something he could get behind - JP had given him a great reason to pick a bone with him, anyway. Still, he didn't really have much to bet outside of food money, which was too valuable. In this case, he'd have to settle for beating their numbers anyway. It would make a good boast, if nothing else.

He could keep up with these guys - he had already dealt with one, no problem. Thinking this, Sigmund turned around and leaped at the nearest Maya, aiming to catch it with either hand. Quicker than the one before it, this one scurried backwards and out of the way, avoiding his attempt at a pounce. He had just enough time to come to a decent landing on all fours, albeit one that left him a bit off balance. Growling under his breath, Sigmund pushed himself into a sprint and dove at the Maya again, this time trapping it beneath his left hand.

Pleased to the point of grinning despite himself, Sigmund took his right fist and planted it into the Shadow's mask, leaving a visible crack. Before he could gear up for another hit, he felt the equivalent of a sturdy punch in the gut, causing him to loosen his grip and let the Maya go. He clutched his stomach, forcing himself back up - he hadn't been expecting that, especially out of something so small. Those things were dangerous. Gasping a lungful of fresh air, Sigmund lurched forward again, giving chase to the half-beaten Maya.

"Why you little..."

.:Lemon Tea:.

Crystallized decay
Kent Lockewood
Area between Stadium and Dorms

Can I say strawberry blonde? xD ;
Sorry, was just going off of JG’s picture of Ulala as guidance ;3
xD And Ulala as a bird…

Although we should move it up with the others? I made a really brief post so hopefully Sofiya will pick up on Ulala's wound and lead us to the monsters and other people....Hooray?!

-

“Kent,” he said to the other two, giving them a mock salute with his left hand. Paying attention to Ulala’s previous comment, he looked at her shoulder. Despite her hand covering parts of the area, he still could see that there was some sort of liquid…?

Blood?

“Did you get injured?” he asked, thoughts revving in his head about the possible dangers that might be present in such a messed up world.

Wasn’t there supposed to be a doctor or nurse that was stationed on campus? But looking at the deserted dorms and school…It wasn’t likely that he or she was inside any of those buildings that were seemingly abandoned. “I would say see a nurse or staff, but considering that there were no one in the residential halls…It seems like a far stretch and the best we can do,” at this he scratched his head, “I’m not sure at this point. Getting to the hospital or anywhere doesn’t seem like a likely option as all electronics have ceased to work-or at least in my case…Unless…we can bandage it ourselves or get someone with some medical skill and equipment to do it,” he added pathetically.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Theresa Del Monico - Empress Arcana
Court of Miracles

"Il mio Dio..." Theresa mumbled as she saw more than twenty black blob-like creatures wearing masks, Mayas, as Wulfgard called them, emerge from the shadows. The fact that they were only a foot tall made her apprehensive. How was she even going to manage to hit them with her huge weapon?

She looked up just as JP gave her a signal. She understood, running to his side. Several Mayas had broke off, spreading across the Court. Targeting the nearest three, Theresa swung her scythe sideways, hoping that she would be able to gather and slice them. Unsurprisingly, she missed. They were only a foot tall after all. Groaning inwardly, she spread her legs into a near-split despite her pleated mini, and swung her scythe lower. This time, her attack connected and she was able to herd two out of the three together, the other one had gotten away pretty quickly.

Theresa then got back to a full-standing position and plunged her scythe downwards at the two she had gathered, its hook-like blade impaling them. However, when Theresa looked again, they were still moving.

"The hell?" She muttered as she looked in JP's direction, just as he stabbed a Maya in between its eyes.

"Ohh...aim for that part!" She realized, before noticing that the Mayas she had gathered were gone.

"Hey, come back here!" She fumed, watching the two move away. Thrusting her scythe yet again, she lunged and swung her weapon, recapturing the two. Once they were again within her reach, she brought down the curved blade of her scythe down on one of them. The blade latched onto the side of the Maya's mask, prying it off.

"Whoops, sorry!" Theresa smirked sarcastically as she watched the Maya melt into a puddle of black sludge, which quickly evaporated. She then faced the other Maya.

"You're next!"

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
OOC: Sorry that posting this took so long. College sucks 8C On the bright side, though, we’re programming a robot this fall, so that makes it all okay!

---

Sofiya Mikhailovna Ignatova
Near the Stadium
Court of Miracles

"Okay, then! Ulala. Nice to mee-", the girl began, and Sofiya couldn’t but let out a silent sigh of relief. She had hoped the girl would introduce herself in case she hadn’t done it already, and that wish had come true. Now she knew her name! Though it was a bit weird. Uulalal-

"WAIT UP."

“-Laah!” Sofiya shrieked out loud as she was pulled backwards on the ground. She made sure to lift the hand with the knife up in the air, so as to not puncture either of them by accident. Her behind was the first part of her body to make contact with the cold ground, and that prompted her to letting out a small yelp of pain. If she was this prone to falling, she should start carrying pillows around, instead of paper. That way, she could also sleep whenever and wherever she wanted! No more neck pains when she woke up in the middle of nowhere or during class. Perfect!

Sofiya was pretty sure that Ulala had mumbled something to her, but whatever it had been was quickly shaken from her mind by a really loud shout. And soon after, someone ran up to them, seeming a bit panicky and out of breath. So at least he was experiencing this for the first time, then. She had a chance to be useful and guide him around! She’d be helpful, everyone could be proud! Sofiya smiled a very wide smile to herself, before she was snapped from her thoughts by the mention of her name.

”- that's Sofiya, and you are..."

Sofiya stood up and dusted her short skirt off, before reaching for her hair and making sure it was still firmly in a bun. God forbid it got loose. She had, unfortunately, forgotten she was still wielding the knife however, and almost poked herself in the head with it. Quickly pulling it away from her, she made a mental note to be more careful. She had no idea what she’d do if someone got hurt because of-

“Kent,” the man introduced himself and after a short pause, continued. And his words sliced at her heart when she realized what he was referring to.

“Did you get injured?”

Slowly following the man’s gaze to Ulala’s shoulder, Sofiya’s eyes widened, and she felt like something had just punched her in the gut and forced her form to hunch slightly. She took a shocked step backwards, both hands covering her mouth in shock. There was blood on Ulala’s shoulder. There was blood on her neck. There was blood where her knife had been.

Blood was bad.

Kent was speaking, but Sofiya could hear none of it. She started shaking, feeling tears trying to force their way out of her eyes. The world seemed to spin as that strange feeling of disbelief filled her. This couldn’t be happening. Just couldn’t. She was meant to protect people, not… Not kill them. Blood from your neck was serious. It was bad. She bit her lip to try and get the tears to go away. She couldn’t show them. It would just make things worse. Everyone would get sad.

She looked around frantically, the distant forms of what most likely were her teammates seeming even smaller than before, probably because tears were pretty effectively blurring her vision. What if everyone there found out? She should just run. Get up and run somewhere.

Then nobody would find out that she had hurt someon-

“No!” Sofiya shouted out loud before she even realized it, dashing to Ulala. She ripped one of her sleeves off and pressed it on the girl’s neck. No, she wouldn’t run away. This girl needed help and she couldn’t just abandon her. The look on her face changed to a more focused one, although the panic was still there. The neck wound would take priority, the shoulder one would come next. Now she just had to think… The wound seemed to be small, since so little was coming out despite it being near an artery.

This isn’t so serious. Calm down, stupid! You’re supposed to become a doctor and help people. You’re supposed to do this calmly. It can’t be serious if so little is coming out, and with no pressure. It’s just a small cut, nobody will die, you just have to-

Sofiya lifted the sleeve she had been pressing against the girl’s neck in order to see how much it had helped, but as she did, she realized that there was no more blood on her skin. Not only that, there didn’t seem to be a cut where the blood would have come from. Blinking, a few tears getting all the way to her cheeks now that she wasn’t paying attention to them, she looked at the sleeve.

Slowly, a doubted look hanging on her face, she brought the cloth to her face and examined the substance. She brushed over it with her finger and then rubbed it between her fingers. It was thick. Thicker than blood.

Her hands shaking, she looked at the girl, her face probably a mess of emotions. “T-this isn’t blood…” She whispered, mostly to herself. Relief washed over her, nearly knocking her to her knees. She hadn’t hurt anyone. She wasn’t bad. “Thank… God…” she continued, before she suddenly realized what she was doing.

She slapped the sleeve on her face with such speeds her hand must’ve been a blur for a second, and started smearing the stuff all over her as she attempted to surreptitiously wipe away the tears. She began a sheepish laugh from under the cloth, wiping away furiously.

“H-how funny! That almost even maybe possibly scared me! But this isn’t blood! So the stuff from the walls isn’t blood, that’s really good. I, I wonder if this is good to your skin? Haha, I should try it, if it is, I can bottle it and get a business going and then I’ll be rich. And don’t… don’t worry, you two get a share too since you helped me and we’re friends!”

Still laughing, and the cloth still firmly pressed against the skin of her face, she raised her knife in the air. “Onward, then! We should tell the others about this discovery! C-come on!”

And with that, she dashed to where she believed the others were, running and wiping and running some more, until her foot sank into something soft and she, once again, fell.

“Oww… ie…” She mumbled and turned around, the cloth finally falling on the ground. The tears were gone, as the bump had pretty much served to snap Sofiya back to her usual self. Not that anyone could have seen a few droplets of water under the thick layer of the blood-like substance that now covered her face anyway. Still a bit dizzy from everything, Sofiya pulled herself to a sitting position to see what exactly it was that she had stepped into, only to realize she was now face to face with… a mask. A mask embedded onto something gooey.

The Shadow and Sofiya just stared at each other for a while, the small arms of the creature swaying slightly in the breeze. Swaying like small pennants, she thought. Octopus pennants! Sofiya finally broke their silent treaty and jumped at the Shadow – In order to hug it.

“Aww, you’re so adorable! Those arms are so cuuuute,” She exclaimed, rubbing her check against the mask and holding the small Maya to her chest. An incredibly bad idea, if there ever was one. After the poor monster recovered from its moment of sheer surprise, it instantly rolled its ‘cute’ arms into fists and slammed them against Sofiya abdomen, sending her on her back. She let out a shriek of pain, which didn’t come out too loud, as she was short on air from the blow. Holding her stomach, she attempted to curl up to her side, only to get the monster attacking her again.

With reflexes learned from training, Sofiya grabbed her knife and before the Shadow could reach her, she brought the arm she held her knife in to cover her chest. She held the knife sideways, the way they taught you in the army, and before the creature could reach her, she plunged her arm forwards, the blade digging deep into the monster’s form.

Saying nothing, thinking nothing, Sofiya turned the blade slightly before slashing it sideways and straight out of the monster’s side. Droplets of black goo splashed next to the Maya’s body, and it slumped down.

Sofiya staggered to her feet, the serious look her face had carried for a second quickly dissolving into some sort of a mix between a pout and sheer surprise.

Attacking her like that wasn’t cute at all!

No, more importantly…

She looked down at her knife, eyes following the clean metal to the blade’s tip. No blood. So these things didn’t bleed. But… Sofiya looked back at the monster which was clearly in pain. Had she really done that? Wow. She was so cool!

Overjoyed by her small success, she turned to look around. Everyone was there, fighting against the same monsters. She smiled really widely and turned to the two she had lead there.

“Everything’s okay!” She shouted to them, hands in the air and almost jumping up and down from excitement. She was so tough, it was incredible! Now she could protect everyone! She turned to the rest of the group, and decided to let them know they were safe now, too.

“Don’t worry everyone! I’ll help too! I’m really, really good at this!” She looked around like a curious puppy trying to find a new toy, and not long after, her eyes fixed on one Maya trying to get some sort of frost off its mask. She grinned happily and started to run towards it, holding her knife in a very non-effective angle in one of her flailing hands. Her excitement had made her forget her training for a monent, and that moment was more than enough for the monster to extend its arm and pretty much punch her square in the face.

Really hard.

Zincspider

My Bloody
Randy Clopin
Court of Miracles
Attempting to kick Shadow butt.

Alright, so maybe this wouldn't be as easy as he though it would be. While the rest of the group had opted to break off small amounts of the 'Mayas' (As Wulfgard had explained these little things were called.) Randy however was a bit confident in his abilities to take them on and ran into a gorup of about four. After all, he had faced about three of them last night before trying to take on Shadow Diego (As he had come to call the murdering monstrosity). Tonight... it wasn't goin' nearly as well. Maybe he had lost his rhythm?

He was doing his best to keep their grimy little hands at bay with his shovel, knocking them out of the way, and keeping them from coming any closer than they already had. Still several claws and bites had reached his legs, cutting his pants. His coat held up to the repeated attacks, but he could feel it none the less. These little things knew how to work in a group.

“STEP OFF!” He shouted, finally realizing he had enough of getting swarmed. Keeping his shovel at an incline, as to reach the ground. Randy began to spin rapidly. The steel tornado forced the shadows to back up from it's target or get sliced. Taking advantage of the situation, Randy quickly ran away from the split circle of enemies and towards the rest of the group to get a more advantageous position. To were the group once stood at least. The rest of them seemed to have run off to defeat a couple of enemies on their own. They had done it smart. Take one or two at a time. “Well, don't I just feel stupid...”

Still, the fight wasn't over. Most of the class had dispatched their opponents, but the group he had been fighting was now seeking new targets. Including one daring piece of work that was trying to sneak around and flank one of his fellows. Snow. Now that. That wouldn't do. No one was laying a finger on one of his 'brothers'.

“Watch out Snow!” Running up at the creature, Randy let out a primal growl shocking the creature into turning to point it's blue masked face at him. “GRRRRRREEEOOOOOOOW!” Using the shovel as it was intended, Randy ignored the raking claws at his arms, and scooped up the shadow quickly. “HERG!” With some effort, Randy tossed the demon straight into the air. Keeping an eye on it as it soared, Randy backed up and positioned the shovel on his shoulder with both hands... almost like a baseball bat.

“BOOM!” Randy screamed, swinging his weapon mightily as the Shadow fell within reach. With the sound of cracking porcelain, the shadow burst right in front of Randy's eyes. Bits of black goop flew into his goggles for a second before evaporating with the rest of the body. One down.

Turning to the remaining section of the Mayas, Randy stared all three of them down. He wasn't running from them again. He would stand and fight... if only to keep them from the others. Hefting his shovel onto his shoulder once again with one hand, and pointed at the remaining shadows.

“Alright, my boss says I can only kill two of ya. Now I'm not the best at math, but I just splattered your buddy, and there's three of you. So I can only get one more. So go ahead. One of you piss me off so choosing which one's gonna get will be that much easier!” There we go. His rhythm was back.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Snow
CoM

Well he was supposed to kill one, and if Snow didn’t attack again, somebody else was going to get that barely conscious Maya. Although it probably would be faster for the others to take care of it. But to make sure that he could, Snow threw his boomerang low at it again. On its first pass, the weapon hit the Maya and destroyed it, only leaving a blue mask which clattered onto the pavement.

While it was coming back, he glanced around at the others again. In that look, he saw Sigmund get hit pretty hard by one of the Mayas, enough to knock the breath out of him. Sig managed to go back on the attack, but that must have hurt. Could he throw the boomerang well enough to not hit his allies? He wasn’t sure he wanted to try, but he would have to. Then he had to focus on catching the boomerang again.

“Watch out Snow!”

What? It was Randy, but the tone of his voice… Snow looked back and noticed that one of the Mayas had managed to circle around him. He stepped forward twice, then had to grab his weapon. It smacked into his left hand hard, causing a nasty sting. But then Randy scooped up the Maya and splattered it into many little shadowy bits. Reflexively, Snow brought his hand up, but it didn’t feel like much of anything as the bits were vanishing.

As Randy started to challenge another three that were nearby, Snow noticed that his pants were torn up at the bottom and he’d been hurt some. But Sig is probably hurt more; we can handle that.

He clutched his weapon. If it came down to it, he could smack the Mayas without throwing it. It’d be even less effective, but there was that option. And Randy seemed to have the Maya’s attention at the moment. This time, Snow made sure to check all of his surroundings. The group of Mayas was noticeably smaller and the stronger fighters could handle them. He pulled out the guitar pick again and focused on that.

It was noticeably easier, as his mind went right for the thoughts and feelings that triggered the summoning. “Melpomene,” he called, then pointed the pick over towards Sig, “Dia!”

She appeared again bringing a warm white glow to her hands. A similar glow appeared around Sig, healing him from the Maya’s punch. Last night, Kesnik seemed to affect Wulfgard physically when using his attack. This seemed to drain at Snow mentally, cause a brief haze of thoughts. Melpomene vanished as soon as Dia took effect, and that cleared his mind back up.

That would definitely be helpful. “You okay, Sig?” he called, but looked back to the Mayas to make sure they wouldn’t try jumping at him.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
JP </3 Lovers Arcana
<// Court of Miracles \\>

(Previously, on Persona:UtGoG: )

With his heart pumping incredibly fast, JP turned to the others and analyzed the battlefield, judging whether or not anyone needed his help.

(And now, today’s episode: )

“I AM GOING TO KILL YOU, YOU LITTLE ****** BASTARD!” was the unheard scream coming from among the icy mist Joshua’s Persona had conjured. The avalanche of shivering ice, however, did barely anything to JP; he would probably catch a cold, sure, but the frozen Shadows seemed to have gotten it much worse.

That and his clothes were ruined. The ice crystals quickly melted in contact with them, leaving them wet and heavier. They also stuck to the skin, and perfectly outlined each and every one of JP’s bulging muscles.

Still, that was quite a powerful looking attack, and it avoided friendly fire. So maybe Josh wasn’t totally useless.

JP did not entertain this thought for long, though. His vision focused on Mana shooting at some Shadows, the look on his face being one of… boredom.

Weird.

Though one must say his bored façade changed drastically after a Shadow starting choking him. At the very least, JP could relate.

(OOC: If you recall, the Social Link Status did say JP would wait and let Mana be hurt “just a little bit” before he’d save him.)

After waiting a bit and enjoying the wriggling of Mana, JP figured it long enough. Wishing to make the biggest Big Damn Hero moment he could, he reached for his silver sword and begun to slowly unsheathe it. However, just as soon as he wrapped his fingers around the handle, that small, creepy little girl emerged from Mana’s mind.

And started torturing the Shadow.

‘WHAT THE HELL?’

This internal exclamation was met with a nod and a feeling of something emerge; he could only describe it like when one’s at the pool and, after diving to the bottom and waiting there until he’d gotten so used with the water he’d nearly become one with the environment, slowly emerging back to the surface, but lingering a few inches just before reaching the surface.

The faint presence spoke:

‘Do not trust him.’

‘I already didn’t, to be frank.’

‘Inside him he bears a grudge which he both curses and enjoys.’

‘Duly noted,’ he said, dismissing the voices which spoke with him. It felt natural, even if it was very unnatural. It was like the unknown voices that came from the TV; these were odd and fabricated, even if someone did spoke them, in a faraway place. One should not trust the voice of someone he can’t see right there, beside him, but it was needless to be suspicious of the TV. The same thing happened regarding JP and his newly-born-but-always-present Persona.

“Oi, JP! I’ll bet you twenty that I can kill more of these bastards than you can!”

JP snapped out of his inner conversation and opened his eyes to the “real world” (exactly how real was this Court of Miracles is another thing.) Mana taunted him, boosting about his own prowess, the bravado filling his heart and ego with power he couldn’t get from anywhere else.

This was competition. Primal male contests of power, talent and strength at their purest form: A hunt. The elder student rejoiced! He lived for this! He felt a swell of power overtake him, like the last battle hadn’t happened at all, and he felt refreshed. Most importantly, he felt ready. And with the jokingly provocation, the ambient lit up, the fear of a very possible death was pushed into a very reclusive corner of his mind.

“Fifty bucks says I can do a lot more than you without my persona, you little cheater!”

Ready for battle, he scoured the battlefield, looking for targets. Randy had saved Snow in a dramatic and impressive way, not to mention unorthodox, and was ready to take down three more Shadows, all the time being apparently boosted by Snow, who guarded his flank.

The latter also seemed to have a Persona with magical powers, of all things! A healer, too, judging from what he had done to Sig, who seemed to be having trouble in combat. JP was just about ready to help him out, when he noticed a frail little thing being punched in the gut by a sneaky Shadow.

He recognized her from a number of places. JP once caught her looking at him working out with his punching bag, though the look in her eyes was more curious than... one of enjoyment, to put it that way. She’d also tried to have a conversation with Snow in the middle of a concert, so she might not have been the brightest one of the bunch.

From what he remembered of the training session this afternoon, she also lacked the physical strength and agility to make due in combat with nothing but a combat knife, especially since she seemed to wield it more like a katana or a machete than a knife.

It was settled, then. JP sprinted the small, murderous blob of black paint and kicked it. The momentum from the sprint powered up the kick, and the monster was projected about twenty feet behind the two newcomers the new girl had just brought.

Wait, newcomers?

Shit!

“You two, hurry, run to that tall guy with the wooden sword over there! You, So-”

Crap.

What was her name again?

“...nya,” he said, in a hunch. “Have you learned how to summon your persona already? I don’t remember seeing you with us! Stand back, this is too dangerous for you. Go with them and introduce them to Wulfgard. Sensei will know what to do.”

In a heartbeat, JP removed the knife strapped to his wet abs. This time, he held it pointing down, ready to impale it directly between the mask’s empty eyes, like he’d done to the other Shadow.

Likely sensing JP as being a higher threat than Sofyia, the Shadow took another stance, and began running, not crawling, all over the place. It tried to zig zag at the boy, but a quick blow made him divert his course. Then, he tried to run circles around JP, unsuccessfully trying to dodge and confuse the young man.

The boy just swapped his knife for his considerably longer sword, and in one quick circle slash, cut the shadow in half, evaporating the incarnation of envy.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
OOC: Sorry for my absence there guys.

-------------------------------------------------

~ Miyuki Tachibana ~
- Court of Miracles -

Sensei had told them to attack, and so the others had. The guy who's name she thought was JP and another boy she didn't know led the charge, several of the others following close behind. And they seemed to be doing fairly well, a few of them even summoning their persona.

But what could she do? How could she help? All she had was a shield, it wasn't mean for attacking, it was meant for defending. She hadn't even managed to garner much in the way of skill earlier on in their training sessions, and the disc of metal still felt heavy and unnatural on her arm. She was clumsy, weak, she wasn't cut out for battle. But the others were trying their best. What if one of them got hurt? What if she wasn't there to help someone if they needed it? She couldn't let that happen, not if she could help it. But that mean that she really had no choice. No matter how it might be painful or how poorly she'll do, or even if she'll be the one who ends up needing help, she had to at least try.

But where to start? She glanced around for an opening and spotted Mana, jabbing that needle into his arm again, calling his Persona in a rather strange, and quite creepy way. Though Mana was the first person she talked to here at this school, he was starting to scare her. His actions distracted her for a moment, and a Maya slipped past the group and began to close on her.

Miyuki turned just in time to see the Shadow reaching out its lanky arms, trying to grab her with its little clawed hands. She held up her shield, but she was too quick, and the Shadow grabbed the edge of the disc, pulling her arm down with a surprising strength for something with such frail arms. She cried out and kicked at the Maya, finally landing a hit in its mask and convincing it to let go of her shield.

The Maya let out a moan and began to close in again, and Miyuki found herself backing away, her head shaking slightly. What was she doing? Running away? She couldn't protect everyone like this. Miyuki stoped retreating and stood her ground. The Shadow closed in quickly, and Miyuki barely had time to throw up her shield. She felt the Shadow's arms hit her shield, sending a strong impact across her shield, and her arm. The Shadow struck again, and again, the hits getting stronger and more violent. And Miyuki held fast. And she was scared to death.

This was crazy, how much longer was she going to last? The Maya knocked her back a step with a lunge, and Miyuki nearly fell over. She caught herself just in time, and the Maya kept at it, slamming itself against her shield. She felt like her arm was going to break from the hits...

Out of the corner of her eye, she caught Sofiya arrive with a few others. Someone immediately rushed to their aid, and Miyuki felt a pang of some dark emotion. Was it regret? Doubt? Weakness? She was useless right now, she couldn't even help herself, much less anyone else. Not even Sofiya.

The Maya struck again, sending a new shudder across her body as her shield vibrated. It felt like it was going to tear her arm off. Her free hand found its way into her pocket, and grasped hold of the paper crane tight. She closed her eyes without even realizing it, and before she knew what she was doing, she called out, "Protect me Astraea!"

A bright light lit up above her, and her Persona, Astraea, appeared. The mystical woman set her blind eyes on the Maya, and raised her sword. "Hama!"

The Maya was engulfed in light, and with a radiant burst the Maya was vaporized, leaving nothing behind. Astraea bowed and vanished once more. Do not hesitate to call on my aid. I shall protect you.

Astraea... Miyuki nodded and steeled her reserve. She wasn't alone in this. She had her Persona. And she had the others as well. And they had her too. Miyuki rubbed her arm, it was still a bit sore and it felt weak, but she wasn't about to give in now. She would fight till she collapsed if she had to, but there was no way she was giving up now.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Theresa Del Monico
Court Of Miracles

Theresa glared at the remaining Maya, which scurried off quickly before she could bring down her scythe. She sighed, looking off to where it ran.

"Why do these things enjoy giving me hell again?" She groaned as she took off after it, swinging her scythe sideways in an attempt to possibly catch it. She saw it change direction at a corner. Thinking quickly, she ran in front of it. The Shadow waved its arms before turning back. Theresa tried to swing her scythe yet again but ended up missing. The Maya was extremely fast after all.

Choosing to stand in the corner to catch her breath, Theresa waited for the Maya to come running back after it noticed more people. Sure enough, another one came running towards her. Seeing it as an opportunity, Theresa held out her scythe in anticipation.

"Can't escape!" She whispered as she swung her weapon in a half-arc. The blade managed to hit the Maya's mask, causing it to stop. Theresa swing harder and managed to hit the part of the mask between the eyes. Bulls-eye.

After a few moments, the Maya dissolved in a cloud of black fog. Theresa then allowed herself to breathe, now that she had already taken care of the other one.

Zincspider

My Bloody
Garret Wulfgard
Watching Students kill blobs
Near the End of the Court

So far, so good. JP and Mana had started a hunting competition, Snow had shown his colors as a healer, and the rest had definitely held their own against the onslaught (Well, Sigmund needed a bit of healing and Randy took quite a few hits, but they looked like they could endure it). And in other news that other girl, Sofiya had finally shown up!... dragging two people Wulfgard definitely didn't recognize with her. Oh, ****. Not more...

Still there were a few more of the Mayas left. A couple more had stumbled in during the fighting, but his students were making short work of them. As he watched Randy smash another, he decided that the fighting had been going on long enough. The moon was almost totally eclipsed, and the court would end soon.

Running forward, Wulfgard eliminated the remaining Maya's on his own. In one wide slash, the two blobs learned the hard way that standing next to each other wasn't a good idea. Too bad they wouldn't be able to incorporate that lesson.

Standing firm, Wulfgard resumed his fighting stance and made one more quick survey of the area. Satisfied, he sheathed his katana back into it's wooden case and began clapping.

“Good, good. Much better than I thought it would have gone. Sure a few of you resorted to your Persona, but that happens, especially to rookies.” Wulfgard began, taking a break to yawn loudly. “Now, the court ends in ten minutes, but I think we caught the stragglers for the night. Not too many Shadows will actually come out in a regular day. So, what I want you guys to do is teach tell these newbloods what the hell is going on before they get thrown back to wherever they were before the Court started. When it ends, go home and get some rest. I want you back for training tomorrow as well, so make sure to get a good breakfast... maybe toast. I could go for some toast...”

-

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Sigmund Okonkwo
Court of Mayacles

Sigmund lurched forward again, giving chase to the half-beaten Maya.

"Why you little,"

Diving at the creature, he pinned it to the ground firmly with his left hand.

"slippery,"

He planted his right fist into its mask, cleanly breaking it this time.

"cretin."

With that, the shadow's body dissolved into the air, leaving nothing more than its shattered mask. While it had taken much more effort than it deserved, Wulfgard was right - especially compared to last night's horror, these "Mayas" were pushovers. One or two hits apiece and they weren't only beaten, but they just dissipated completely. Not surprising given that their bodies were of the right color and viscosity to be mistaken for blackberry jam. Even the spot where he had been hit wasn't quite as pained as he imagined a human punch would leave it.

Right, next one. A shadow on his left caught his eye, but before he could take more than one step in its direction, he was caught off-guard by a white glow. It caused his vision to blur momentarily, and he felt an odd yet pleasant sensation over his wound. Moments later, both the glow and the soreness in his chest were gone, leaving him confused.

Dropping his target for the moment, he snapped his head around to look for the source of whatever had just happened. Surely enough, he caught sight of Snow, staring straight back, as well as a quick glimpse of a robed woman. So his persona was some sort of healer, then? Not as impressive as Wulfgard's, but probably more useful, at least.

“You okay, Sig?” Snow asked, apparently drained at the moment. Keeping in mind that he wasn't the sturdiest one in the first place, Sigmund backed up towards Snow to cover him while keeping track of the nearest few shadows.

"I'm fine, man," he replied. "My sidekick may be a pixie - I ain't." Looking to prove this, Sigmund picked out the nearest Maya and raised his hands, ready to attack. For better or for worse, though, Wulfgard rushed in to take care of it instead. For that matter, all of the shadows were already engaged with the other students.

Within moments, the fight was over. It was a bit of a relief, really. Fighting with the gauntlets on would have gotten tiring if it had lasted much longer. Wulfgard seemed to be satisfied, at least, and explained that the Shadows were likely done attacking for the night. On the flipside to that, tomorrow seemed like it would be a repeat of today, and now they had to explain everything to the new guys for him.

Oh, yeah, some others had followed Sofiya in during the fighting. More backup, at least. Either way, he was sure that the others would be able to explain what was going on better than him, so Sigmund simply folded his arms and stood, waiting for someone else to fill the newcomers in. Between drawing a fairy as a Persona and taking a clean hit that he was pretty sure at least four of the others had seen, he had to at least keep up appearances in front of these guys.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Theresa Del Monico - Empress Arcana
Court Of Miracles

Once Theresa looked around and made sure the Court was Maya-free, she loosened her grip on her scythe and relaxed. The chase sure did exhaust her and she felt that she had enough for one night.

What was this? Two more new people? Theresa looked up and noticed Sofiya accompanied by two people she had not seen in the previous Court. One of them was Minami...but she looked so different. She remembered Minami being blond, but the fourteen-year-old girl appeared to have half-red, half-blond. The other new one was a slightly older guy, Eurasian and tanned.

"Il mio Dio...two more...why did they have to get dragged into this?" She muttered, stepping forward. Though she herself was afraid, she felt responsible for them. She was the oldest, she knew that she had to take care of them.

"Guys...yeah, I know I'm from the other class and you may not know me. I'm Theresa...Terri. Just call me Terri." She began, knowing that they probably did not know her.

"So...this is going to happen to you every night once you get dragged in. Yeah, every night. You're going to see more of what you just saw. Shadows, some small like those Maya and some even bigger and worse, like what happened in last night's Court. I don't want anything happening to you guys, so it's best you know something." She continued, directing her attention towards the two newcomers as she tucked a stray lock of honey blond hair behind her ear. The more she talked, the more she feared for them.

"Now, all three of you...do you have anything with you at the moment? Nothing big...something like this. Just something...how do I say this...that can awaken some kind of emotion in you, any emotion...just not poker face I guess...I think that's the best way I could word it." She asked, unzipping her minidress yet again and unfastening her black rose stud from her navel. She then pulled her zipper back up and held it out for them to see.

"Doesn't have to be anything big. Can be anything, really. Now, this is the important part. All of us has some sort of...Persona, as Mr. Wulfgard told the rest of us. They could be summoned by that something you'll choose...an Evoker if I'm not mistaken, plus focusing the emotions you feel when having that Evoker...fear, joy, whatever. Watch this. You're all bound to have something like it." She explained, before holding out her stud. She then closed her eyes and concentrated, the same feelings flooding back to her.

"Demeter!" She called. Moments later, there stood the green-clad woman with the golden hair again, golden petals falling around her. After lingering for a while, Theresa allowed her to vanish.

"Something like that...well, I guess it's different for everyone. Since you wouldn't know your Persona's name yet...you just call out 'Persona' to summon them...with your chosen Evoker of course." She clarified, waiting for them to choose their Evokers. She tried the best she could to help them, knowing that things from this point was only going to get worse in the Court.

Last edited:

Pir8Heart

ƸӜƷ
Ulala-chan – Court of Miracles
Being “saved” by Sofiya
Friday, August 15, 2011 (found the date ;D) - Twelve o'clock and three quarters

“Did you get injured?”

Now that this Kent had mentioned it, it really did look like her shoulder was pretty fracked up. Of course, this was unintentional; she wasn’t that much of a drama queen. Now that she mentioned it, there was the same stuff on her neck. Of course, using obvious deductions (the “archaic defense mechanism”), that would mean that Sofiya actually didn’t cut her. Oh, how she hated being wrong.

Nnn, so my deduction was wrong, that sucks. She made a sour face. Still, this girl seems to know a bit about this…erm, world She seems like the eccentric type, like moi.But wait, will this even matter? Her face slackened a little as she remembered the possibility that all of this was a dream.

Hmm, what a fascinating dream. Well, I should at least try to get stuff out of her, just in case I have this dream again. Damn, this better not become a Catherine-esque block puzzle. Those were so…

[END ATLUS TITLE REFERENCE HERE]

Once again, her train of thought spiralled off of the track once again. That would be, until she heard a sudden yell,

“No!”

The Sofiya girl proceeded to glomp Ulala like some feral animal (no offense intended, just bias). Some hint of a lesbonic thought came to mind, but Ulala just shrugged it off. What was really off was Sofiya ripping off her sleeve and pressing it against Ulala’s neck. No immediate thought came to mind until she let go her neck, then proceeded to rub the substance between two of her fingers.

“T-This isn’t blood…”

“Blood? Of course no-"

It popped in her mind immediately; she was trying to “save” her. Well, not that there was any saving to do.

“H-how funny! That almost even maybe possibly scared me! But this isn’t blood! So the stuff from the walls isn’t blood, that’s really good. I, I wonder if this is good to your skin? Haha, I should try it, if it is, I can bottle it and get a business going and then I’ll be rich.”

Hmm, it would be fun if it made a nice facial cleanser.

And don’t… don’t worry, you two get a share too since you helped me and we’re friends!”

“Hey, friends? Isn’t that a little dangerous?”

Ulala seemed to have been ignored as Sofiya suddenly outbursted with,

“Onward, then! We should tell others about our discovery! C-come on!”

“First, onward where? Second, there are MORE people? And the leader shouldn’t stutter, it-“

But all of these points were ignored as she noticed Sofiya and Kent running off into the distance.

“Heeeeeey! Wait for meeeeeee!”

That way…it leads to the stadium, I if I remember my geography.

Stadium

“Wooow, there’s got be at least a dozen people here!” thought Ulala as she quickly followed Sofiya to the stadium. It was true though; there much, much more people than she expected. There were a couple of people fighting these blobby-thingies on the floor. If she thought correctly, they might probably be those “shadow-thingies” that Sofiya was talking about back at the dorms. Then again, she called them “shadow-thingies”, and that wasn’t really speci-

“You two, hurry, run to that tall guy with the wooden sword over there! You, So-” said

Ulala then focused her sight on a man in the distance, splitting the creature in two with precise slashes of his katana, before being interrupted with another voice; this one being another female ,

"Guys...yeah, I know I'm from the other class and you may not know me. I'm Theresa...Terri. Just call me Terri."

Class? Ulala immediately decided that “she herself didn’t go to school here”. In that case, Ulala didn’t know what she was talking about; Minami, of course, actually did go to Bellow, and also had minimal interaction with Theresa from before. She at least knew her name.

"So...this is going to happen to you every night once you get dragged in. Yeah, every night. You're going to see more of what you just saw. Shadows, some small like those Maya and some even bigger and worse, like what happened in last night's Court. I don't want anything happening to you guys, so it's best you know something."

Okay, key facts in this dream world; the weird blobby things are Mayas, worse may happen, and I could possibly have this dream again. Wait, I might have this dream again? Well, I suppose if there’s some external psychological cause…wait, does this mean I’m lucid dreaming? Cool! Snapping out of her trance, Ulala leaned closer to continue with Theresa’s story.

"Now, all three of you...do you have anything with you at the moment? Nothing big...something like this. Just something...how do I say this...that can awaken some kind of emotion in you, any emotion...just not poker face I guess...I think that's the best way I could word it."

I’m not sure that worked. Try again.

“Terri” then proceeded to unzip her jacket (or maybe minidress, it was hard to differentiate), and reveal her stomach to the group.

NNNNNNN, this is so wrong in so many wa-

Pierced to her navel, which is what caught Ulala’s attention, was a single stud. not that there were any lesbonic thoughts, but the way it glowed in the mooonlight made it look like it would, in olden terms, "fetch a pretty ransom".

Woooow, it'ssoshiiiny, Iwonderhowmuchitcooost....

ULALA leveled up! Intoxication points went up by 1!

Ulala finally shook her head violently, as she remembered this wasn't some JRPG, before her ears were greeted by the shattering of glass. Her mind immediately went blank at the thought of someone being shot, but when she looked up, all she saw, was Theresa, a goddess-like figure above here, and a decapitated Maya.

"Hau."

Then she passed out.

Son_of_Shadows

Joshua Sands - Tower Arcana - Court of Miracles

As the crowd of Mayas was decimated by the students, Joshua hung back, breathing heavily. Partly from the rush, partly from the headache this world gave him, partly from the strain of using his Persona. Shiva was certain to be a powerful ally from what he'd seen, able to provide support to the whole party by slowing the Mayas with the Diamond Dust. What else was he capable of? Well, as a Hindi god, probably a lot! He gave a small chuckle to himself, thinking of experimenting with Shiva... Then was thankful he hadn't said that out loud. As much fun as it was trolling JP, he really wasn't gay. And who knows, he might find a girl he liked here yet... Not that he would have the cojones to ask her out, more than likely. And then they turned up... More students had entered the Court, apparently. Had they been there last night? Or were they total newcomers? Either way, strength in numbers, perhaps they could all fight together.

He recognised "Ulala" immediately, her having made quite an impression on him last night. She'll probably adapt well to using a Persona, he mused, using this Ulala thing as a facade. Next was Kent, the boy who'd admired his bass playing last night. Perhaps they could use this as a talking point to become friends? Well, this was hardly the time and place to think about that sort of thing... The final person was a girl Joshua didn't know. Wulfgard, realising the Court would be over soon, told the students to explain what the hell was going on. The girl with the scythe took this role, quickly explaining the concept of the Court, evoker and Persona. Efficient of her. She even showed off her own evoker, the bellybutton stud. This somehow had the unfortunate side-effect of knocking out Ulala. What. Oh crap! Joshua jogged over to her, intending to help her out. Oh dear... He checked her pulse and breath to make sure she was alright, and held her head up, lightly tapping her face with his hand. "Mina-, I mean, Ulala? Are you ok?" he asked, in a worried tone.