• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Persona- UtGoG

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Gorramn it, Zinc, now we're stuck in a position where both of us want to be nice and neither will actually take the weapon. But despite how the shovel might fit better with Sigmund, now I'm actually considering Boxing in addition to the above two clubs. Indecisiveness... and looking at the Dambe page is making me like the kickboxing idea. Jumping over to that page, it seems that it could fit in with his pursuit of a disciplined sport... perhaps we could institute kickboxing as a subdivision of the boxing club? You could have your shovel back, and I can see it going in a good direction. I was worried that giving him gauntlets would steer him too close to the character I took his appearance from, but I don't think that it will be a real issue.

EDIT: Dambe's a bit specific. Kickboxing would be great. Catch ya on the Monday-side.
ALSO EDIT: MMA Club? Sounds great to me.

Also, Miyuki should be handed a shotgun and told to town. It would land somewhere on the scale between adorable and terrifying. For a serious suggestion, though... perhaps a more innocuous instrument such as a frying pan (seems innocent enough, but can be dangerous when it needs to be). I personally might recommend the Kusarigama (chain-scythe) if you want to go for a more authentic Japanese thing - can be used for simple disabling or actual attacking if need be.

Last edited:

Zincspider

My Bloody
I'll just make a Dambe/Kickboxing club if you want, the gym is plenty big enough to have rooms for both clubs. It's different enough to warrent it's own... although I doubt we'll be using chains on the legs during practices... might have to use the hospital if we do.

Last edited:

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Back mounted MAC Cannon... what? No one else is doing it yet.

Believe me, if I could find a reasonable excuse for her to have access to and be able to carry around a heavy grade military cannon, I would.

I'm thinking something more handheld, like Tonfa or something.

Zincspider

My Bloody
Believe me, if I could find a reasonable excuse for her to have access to and be able to carry around a heavy grade military cannon, I would.

A wizard did it?

Hmm... I actually see her as the type to be using somthing like... a spear or even shield combat (which can also be completely badass). But that's for you to decide.

Also, Blivsey, would you object to me making it an MMA club?

Last edited:

Toasted Butter

Something or Another
Oh, hey, a discussion thread. Just wanted to point out that utgog is a pretty hilarious acronym.

But down to business. Dorm rooms, weapons, and clubs, right? Madison is staying in room 309, I believe. (Maybe we should make a list of dorm room assignments and a list of people who are staying at their house, or possibly a dorm room map? That would be helpful to me.)

I'm having trouble deciding what kind of weapon Madison should have. I'm sort of torn between having her fight only using her Persona (which is Artemis, so it sort of makes sense. Goddess of hunting, with the bow and the spear/javelin and all that) but I also think that her character is way too paranoid to not have a physical weapon in her hand. I was thinking about a rapier, but that makes her completely identical to similar to Mitsuru, with her Persona having Ice skills and all that. Not to mention one-handed swords are pretty overrated. <--that's the hipster in me talking. Of course, then she'd have to have a reason for owning a sword. Fencing? That's Mitsuru again. Argh, this is confusing. I'm going to have to think about this.

As for clubs, I'd have to say bagpipes I mean track or dance. Is the bagpipes club gonna be important later on, because I can't think of a reason why you would put that in there aside from humor purposes. xD

Last edited:

Zincspider

My Bloody
Humor purposes only. They're... creepy (which is odd for me to do seeing as I love bagpipes).

Why not try knives? They're small enough, and are great weapons for someone who wants somthing just in case. They're easy to move around with, and easy to get ahold of.

I'll make a list or the dorms, when everyone has gotten them, as well... but no map. My scanner's broken.

Toasted Butter

Something or Another
Creepy? Like how creepy? /I'd like a preview of the humor, I'm getting excited about the bagpipe club now/

Knives are...a pretty good idea! To clarify, Madison will still probably use her Persona more than her physical attacks. By the way, how will battles work in this game? I'm assuming we're doing a Dark Hour kind of thing from the intro post, but will there be arcana shadows and stuff? Or just character shadows? Or will I learn all of this in-game Friday and should just shut my mouth because somebody else already asked this?

Zincspider

My Bloody
By the way, how will battles work in this game? I'm assuming we're doing a Dark Hour kind of thing from the intro post, but will there be arcana shadows and stuff? Or just character shadows? Or will I learn all of this in-game Friday and should just shut my mouth because somebody else already asked this?

All in good time. Friday all will be answered... alright, maybe only a bit will be answered. But some of it will be answered for sure.

EDIT: And to get there we need to be posting. And also good-night. It's bedtime.

Last edited:

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Weapon? Theresa has good aim actually, except even she does not trust it...too bad a pistol couldn't be used...I guess a set of small throwing-knives or any projectile-type weapon would work for her. She's tall enough to carry a pole-type weapon, but I guess projectile/thrown/ammo-type works best for her...whaddya think?

Edit: As for her club...she's not very sports-minded, so it's either Art or Dance for her. XD Too bad there's no Cooking/Culinary Club or anything. >.<

Last edited:

niedude

Don't forget to grin
JP's a bad *** tough boy with training in the most various martial arts, and has a passion for swords. So he'll be alternating between hand-to-hand and wooden sword for a while. Since this Friday he'll not have the weapon, he'll start with bare hands.

This also means I'd like him to join both the Kendo and the boxing club if possible.

Unicorn

Neigh.
Welp, Shohei has an apartment so he'll be missing all the action in the dorm rooms. Haha. But it would be nice if he could make a few friends. X3

Now... what club should I have him join? Ooo, that's a toughy. There isn't a student leadership club or a speech club is there? Maybe I'll just have him take up Kendo or Fencing...

DOH WAIT. Publications. That's like a speech club isn't it? Oh man, I'm having a brain fart. Please forgive my naivety.

Son_of_Shadows

Jeez, a lot happens when I'm sleeping...

1. Joshua's in 213.

2. Definitely the Drama Club for Joshua. It's one of the central points of his character! Maybe throw him into Dance too, it would be helpful with musicals and stuff. If he had to join an athletics club, he'd probably go for Fencing or Archery. I'm more inclined towards the former, due to the grace and skill required, but I'm open to opinions.

3. Weaponry... I really have no idea here. I want to be unique, without being OTT and ridiculous.

.:Lemon Tea:.

Crystallized decay
Alright. I was super late posting in the weekend because of upcoming summer classes at college and there was this whole controversy about paying my dues that I had to settle and go to the college (which is rather far) multiple times.

Anyways, my post should be up with Kent's dorm and whoever he is living close to I guess? I really don't know where to place him or what rooms are exactly 'available' right now in the whole hall that spans around 10 generic numbers and most of these on the male part are rather filled? ;_; EDIT: Ah, nevermind. Seems 208-209 seem empty, 208 it is then.

Kent is most likely going to be in speech and debate (Unicorn, so YES, there is a speech club :) ), as well as tennis-or some sort of sport or athletic event because he would be forced to, like boxing. I would want him to do dance, but honestly, I don't really think that goes with his overall personality-he is more conservative than flamboyant...Maybe one of his friends will make him audition because they think that he should be some sort of Asian pop star...And then again, he does like some exercise to keep him in shape *muses*

Also, I think Kent's weapon will be weapon summoning if that is alright with you Zinc. I was thinking about basing his abilities from Noctis of Final Fantasy XIII who summons multiple different weapons and directs them at his opponents using his mind. Kent is that stable sort of person with overall self-confidence and none of the angst-so that might fit him well. Of course, when he starts out it might just be a simple sword and shield and then he'll get better...and better...and better. And also, he has control over himself-mentally and physically for most of the time-so a sort of bond with a weapon in a sense? The farther away it is, the less force he can exert on it, and when he is angry and mentally decaying as a person-the weapons will simply vanish as they were summoned or his control over the will deteriorate.

EDIT: As the weekend is coming up supposedly in the story, are we timeskipping to Monday from Friday? I was thinking that one of Kent's 'friends' is having a party on Firday night as a sort of get-together. His home is in a suburb near the school and pratically a free-for-all for everyone. Would anyone be interested in this? Not exactly for people who just want to sitr around idly and talk really.

Last edited:

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
*raises hand* I'll take the cannon!

Hm, I guess Sofiya's going to use the knife she already has. Though I just realized... Would it even have been possible for her to bring a knife with her to the States/whatever country this is set in? I know I could bring a rather large knife from one European country to another, no problem, but I don't know if the laws are tighter outside of Europe. I might've wanted to think of that juuuust a bit earlier though. Urgh. Well, if need be, I guess I could always go edit out the being dear to her part and say it was just something she bought on her shopping trip, while her dear one is waiting for her back home.

Though, truth be told, I actually see her with a handgun, rather than with a knife. The only problem is that she's 17, though she cooooould always get one *ahem* illegally. She wants one anyway, and she'd be rejoiced to get to practice shooting. So, if I'm allowed, I'd rather go with the gun option. That, and if Toasted Butter's character is going with a knife, I'd rather have mine have something else. It's more fun if everyone has a different weapon.

Clubs, well, my post already answered that, but Sofiya's most likely going with the Mixed Martial Arts one. And her room's 306. 83

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
On thinking about it, I'll keep Snow unarmed for now. This gives him absolutely no method of direct attack, and Reflect could be a problem without a scanner type person around. But that's okay, since Melpomene's skills are support based and the kid is having difficulty with independence.

I think I'll put Snow in Band, although his two instruments (piano and guitar) aren't major components of high school bands.

Zincspider

My Bloody
Kent is most likely going to be in speech and debate (Unicorn, so YES, there is a speech club :)

EDIT: As the weekend is coming up supposedly in the story, are we timeskipping to Monday from Friday? I was thinking that one of Kent's 'friends' is having a party on Firday night as a sort of get-together. His home is in a suburb near the school and pratically a free-for-all for everyone. Would anyone be interested in this? Not exactly for people who just want to sitr around idly and talk really.

Happy you decided that (would have been nice to be told I was making a debate club or even asked to first, but hey.), now there's a debate club.

It depends on how the Friday goes if I skip the weekend. As for our party, sure you can have it... I'm not saying it'll make things easier. And you might miss out on somthing, but whatever. It's your choice. We do have contracts people.

Also, about weapon summoning, as long as it's your persona that does it, and not you, I can see it. It would likely be a mutation of the spell Tarakuja, allowing you to boost your attack power by giving you weapons.

@GH
I'm fine with the combat knife. We aren't in any certain country, as Quarterman is an ambiguous location, so thats fine. If you use it, you probably already know how. Madison just has the kitchen knife for emergencies. As for pistols... I'm not sure anyone here is willing to get it illegally. Not even Halls. Besides, some of your parters might be using the classic evoker (pistol)... wouldn't want to get those confused if either gets knocked out of a hand.

EDIT: Also, I'll be reporting back later in the day... I'm going play video games on my day off. Se ya'll later!

Last edited:

Niihyl

Posthuman
...? It's not illegal to get pistols. Once you're 18, you can legally have a gun permit, for non-concealed weapons.

Zincspider said:
some of your parters might be using the classic evoker (pistol)

Heh, My life is a god damn mess reference.

*Sigh* with the ambiguous location of Quatermain (Quartermain? Quaterman?), it's hard to use national law. Gun laws, driving laws, etc.

I'll come to the party!

niedude

Don't forget to grin
I deleted my previous post. As I said to Zync, JP could just have been imagining it, since the initial insult would be enough to piss him off that far. But we have time to form rivarlies, and I'd rather not rush this.

Ignore the whole pissed off storming of the dorm, please.

EDIT: To my defense, this could have been avoided if we had already had a discussion thread made when the RP was started, or if Zync had warned me of its creation after I left a visitor message in his profile (whch you didnt answer, by the way, really appreciated that...)

Last edited:

Skillfulness

WHAT!? No frisbee club TT^TT *sigh* Keeping up feels like such a chore. Lee won't have a dorm, but she can stay and hang out after school as long as she wants. Yay! As to clubs *coughfrisbeecough* I was thinking Fencing and Archery, maybe Art, for Lee. As to weapons, I think a frisbee would make a decent weapon. A solid piece of plastic flying at high speeds? Especially if it had retractable blades >:) If we can have something unconventional, I'd take ninja stars, or Axel's weapon, Chakrams (giant ninja stars).