• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Persona ~ Velvet Twilight (Discussion Thread)

Zincspider

My Bloody
*knocks on your screen*
is anyone alive outthere who isn't TSR (who can't get on the internet)
Feel free to notice Pine is lying that he is fine and go kick some Shadow butt!

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
*knocks on your screen*

I'll probably have Hurley help Pine (after he looses power of course, though he should have enough to heal the others before he summons Aello), but I'm waiting on Wordy and/or Kiruria to post.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
*knocks on your screen*

Good news everyone!

Internet's working again, so I'm back. And better than ever.

And judging by all the joking, apparently I'm in a good mood. So expect a post sometime very soon. Now, heres to hoping that school, work, life, (and failed internet) doesn't keep everyone at bay.

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
Manaphy Mare, I can't dance around it, but this Virtue thing is seriously awkward for me to approach, if only because it seems to be having a big impact on stuff and I kind of need to see what TSR says about it first. It is becoming sort of central to the early plot and all of these extra powers etc. is a bit of a stopping point for me in terms of writing, because I don't really want to ignore your post and carry merrily on, but at the same time these issues are kind of big to me.

Please tell me something good will come out of the doors of Tartarus itself, otherwise Caitlin's just staring at it, there's no point to her being there and she may as well just go inside the gym and help everybody else? As for Matt, he just thinks the tall dude can handle it.

Picture of
Cowardly Maya
Magic Hands

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
I seriously would post, but all I'd really get is Darius and Kelsey continuing their journey to the school, and while I could have a bit of character-exploring dialogue, at this point I'm not sure if that's best because both are pretty freaked, especially Kelsey. Really I'd save character revelation for when I bring out Amatsu-Mikaboshi and Hyperion, so unless I know for a fact I can start on Shadows, I'm reluctant to get a post out. Any advice, Sequel?

Zincspider

My Bloody
As for Matt, he just thinks the tall dude can handle it.
I LOL'd.
yeah...

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Manaphy Mare, I can't dance around it, but this Virtue thing is seriously awkward for me to approach, if only because it seems to be having a big impact on stuff and I kind of need to see what TSR says about it first. It is becoming sort of central to the early plot and all of these extra powers etc. is a bit of a stopping point for me in terms of writing, because I don't really want to ignore your post and carry merrily on, but at the same time these issues are kind of big to me.

Don't worry, I've had a long discussion with MM about the matter, so I think if everything goes how I'm hoping it will, then it should no longer be an issue.

Please tell me something good will come out of the doors of Tartarus itself, otherwise Caitlin's just staring at it, there's no point to her being there and she may as well just go inside the gym and help everybody else? As for Matt, he just thinks the tall dude can handle it.

I apologize for the confusion going on, it probably mostly my fault for not being able to get online and actually post during this important part of the RP. Things should get a little easier after my next post.

storymasterb said:
I seriously would post, but all I'd really get is Darius and Kelsey continuing their journey to the school, and while I could have a bit of character-exploring dialogue, at this point I'm not sure if that's best because both are pretty freaked, especially Kelsey. Really I'd save character revelation for when I bring out Amatsu-Mikaboshi and Hyperion, so unless I know for a fact I can start on Shadows, I'm reluctant to get a post out. Any advice, Sequel?

If you're ready to fight, go for it.

I'm going to be awakening the Personae in my next post, if you would rather wait for that, then thats cool too.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
*Attempts to get game thread running again*

Still having computer issues? I hate it when that happens.

Anyhow, I will leave it up to everyone else to decide who Remy sent to go outside and who he asked to go help Pine. If you want to feel like he sent you to the wrong group, by all means, go for it.

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
Well, I did something. Best to try and get some action involved, right?

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Thank you guys so much for putting up with my insanely long absence and especially for keeping the thread running while I was gone. You guys are awesome.

The good news is, I'm back (again), hopefully for a while. Life just piles up sometimes, but things should be calming down now so now I can get back to running my RPs.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Ahahaha, I'm gonna have fun with my next post! Ah, but I have one question though. What about the school-tower? Are the same Mayas and such in there as well? Because I was wanting to have Yamiko sneak off into it, and encounter her Persona there.

Last edited:

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Feel free to enter the first floor of the tower, but don't blame me if something bad happens.

Lets just say there's something about to go down with that tower and leave it at that. If you do go in, you might want some back up...

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
How will the persona awakening work for those of us who use evokers? Is it just like it was for Coraline, or would there be significant differences?

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
How will the persona awakening work for those of us who use evokers? Is it just like it was for Coraline, or would there be significant differences?

I know it's up to the GM to ultimately decide this, but for now I can imagine it will work in a similar way to how it did in Shadows of the Soul, where we felt a special calling from our evokers and went ahead with awakening the Persona that way. Even in this RPG, Coraline and Pine said/thought completely different things to awaken their Personae, so maybe some of the characters would just use an evoker rather that sort of incantation, say.

Haha, I rather like the idea of that little something each Persona says (the whole "thou art I" thing). It gives a nice introduction. I still think I'm gonna have Yamiko go explore the tower though. One, it's in her nature to "accidentally" put herself into perilous situations given her curse. Two, I was planning for Yamiko to initially have problems awakening her Persona anyway. Three, I think it'd make things harder for the readers if I have both my characters awaken their Personae in the same post.

Also, back to the whole evoker thing, I just finished Zuri's part of my next post. In it I had Scathach speak to her in the "thou art I" verse, the tarot card appear, then I had Zuri summon Scathach with her athame as usual. But before that I had Zuri feel a mysterious bond with that athame that she didn't notice before all this happened. So I think with the evokers, one has to establish and explain the connection to it before using it to summon the Persona.

Hey, maybe in Hurley's case he can be looking at a Harpie Lady card in his deck, and that could inspire him to make the connection with Aello. Just an idea.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
I can imagine it will work in a similar way to how it did in Shadows of the Soul, where we felt a special calling from our evokers and went ahead with awakening the Persona that way.

So I think with the evokers, one has to establish and explain the connection to it before using it to summon the Persona.

Exactly.

In the end, you have some freedom with it. Just remember the Evoker's connection with the person and work it from there.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
This is interesting, and I was wondering if this RPG was still open. As for how am I to introduce my character, I was thinking flashbacks.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
@DVB: Yeah, the RP sign-ups are still technically open.

I recommend reading over the main thread a bit just to see the tone and how its playing out so far, and I highly recommend reading my first post here in the discussion thread to explain a few things as well as catch you up on everything that has happened (especially if you are unfamiliar with the Persona games). Then, if you want to sign-up, just grab an empty Arcana and post a completed sign-up in the sign-up thread. (There's a link to it in my sig).

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Alright, thank you. by tomorrow or the weekend, I shouldhave my first actual post of the RPG up. Thank you.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Alright guys, its mini-boss time.

I'll be adding details on the Crying Table to the first post, so be sure to check it.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Since these Shadows are from my character, do I have any say on how the enemies are?

Also...

You people need to update more often.