• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Personal Vendettas against Characters or Pokemon

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

I do however, completely hate the Chimchar and Tepig families... Because they are horribly designed, and, well, I hate them.
No offense, but I have a vendetta against you for saying that. Let me explain before people get angry at me for saying this. You see, I like all of fire starters, especially the Tepig line. When ever I see or hear that they are stupid, ugly, or anything else, I usually get mad and upset, an I usually think about doing something bad to the people who hate the fire starters. Sorry if this sounds really bad. So basically, I have a vendetta against anyone that hates the fire starters. No offense, again.

I think this was off topic, so now I'm going to go on topic now. Byron's Bastiodon always made me angry, because when I was always about to defeat it, it would always use rest and heal itself all the time. I hated that. But of course, I defeated it, and won. I rather have someone private message me about the off topic paragraph above, rather than, quote my post, because I don't want this person's topic to look stupid.

Colt45

Cobalt
No offense, but I have a vendetta against you for saying that. Let me explain before people get angry at me for saying this. You see, I like all of fire starters, especially the Tepig line. When ever I see or hear that they are stupid, ugly, or anything else, I usually get mad and upset, an I usually think about doing something bad to the people who hate the fire starters. Sorry if this sounds really bad. So basically, I have a vendetta against anyone that hates the fire starters. No offense, again.

That's a little harsh o_O it's going to be hard not to be offended when you have a personal vendetta against him. XD

But anyways, I've already talked about my personal vendetta against Dragonite, so let me name another: Jynx. I think almost everyone has the same problem with Jynx. She is just so creepy. I mean...... I really don't know how to explain it, she's just as creepy as all hell.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I don't have anything against any Pokemon to be honest. The only Pokemon that I could make a case against was Miltank when I first battled Whitney. When I was 10, and first battled her I lost over and over again. I battled her at least 12 times in a row then I finally beat her. When you have her Milktank down to 1 hp, and then she goes to use milk drink you literally wanna pull your hair out. The roll out combos, attract, and milk drank gave me fits. I refer to that gym as a giant network of pain. She is the one gym leader that has actually kicked my butt. I have fought other hard gym battles, but Whitney's Miltank....Beating the Clefairy isn't even hard. It's that Miltank...Nowadays I can beat her pretty soundly, but back in the day it's a different story.

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

That's a little harsh o_O it's going to be hard not to be offended when you have a personal vendetta against him. XD

Yeah, sorry about that. Well I actually don't have any vendetta against anyone who hates the fire starters. I just get mad when they say something bad about them, sometimes try to say something back, that's all. I didn't mean to be harsh.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

But anyways, I've already talked about my personal vendetta against Dragonite, so let me name another: Jynx. I think almost everyone has the same problem with Jynx. She is just so creepy. I mean...... I really don't know how to explain it, she's just as creepy as all hell.

I personally think mr mime is the scary and creepy one.

zozo

SLIMED!
I must say, I hate Hugh almost as much as I hate Blue.

The reasons why I hate Blue should be pretty obvious. He's a jerk, he's rude, and he's ALWAYS popping up in the wrong place right after I've done a lot of hard battling to try and get a "victory" over my tired, hurt, status'd, moveless Pokemon.

But then there's Hugh. First off, he's always bawling about his sister's Purrloin when his sister doesn't even seem to care much that it's gone. It's not like she's gotten horribly depressed or traumatized or something from the fact that it's gone. He just appears to be freaking out about it for no reason. Second, he's a poser. Always going on about how great and strong he is and how he's going to take care of everything and... really, he doesn't do much. Just stands there battling a bunch of Plasma grunts while you do all the heavy lifting. Finally, this fool decides that after a very long break from battling, he'll just jump on you from behind when you're about to exit Victory Road and come at you full power. With Blue, at least you came to expect it after awhile. But this guy? He refrains from battling you for so long that you forget he's even a rival, and then he just comes flying at you out of nowhere.

...now, as you may have guessed, I have just had that final confrontation with him in Victory Road, and, of course, I lost. I'm running a mono-bug type team (He's got a freaking Emboar), I'm low on items, and I've been trying to just get through Victory road quickly so I can get to the Pokemon Centre and Fly there whenever I want. I thought I was about to get out of it when I'm suddenly faced with a couple of really difficult Veteran trainers, both of which take a great deal out of me between hax and supereffective moves. My Pokemon are barely in any shape to continue when that loud-mouthed, idiotic, temper-tantrum-throwing freak of nature decides to drop in. I really want to conserve my Max Revives for my confrontation with the E4 and I REALLY don't think I can beat him with the team I've got (the bugs I have in training plus some crappy HM slaves) or with the hax he's been getting, so after using up a Max Revive uselessly (I was hoping that Crustle's Rock Wrecker could one-shot the Emboar. I was wrong.) I just decide to let the jerkwad win and pray that he'll just laugh at me and let me continue so I can at least heal my Pokemon at the centre that's but a few steps away. But no, I white out losing the Max Revive I used in the battle, a pile of money, and wind up all the way back at the beginning of Victory Road. I can't really stomach that, so I opt to reset and try the flipping Victory road again in a few days when I'm not so mad.

But, I don't think I'll ever forgive that freak. Annoying character + Blue's knack for sniping you when you're at your weakest is just too much for me. xD
Though, I do have half a mind to try it again later with my Keldeo in back. Maybe kicking his Emboar around hard with the unigoat will make me feel a little better.
Too bad your Pokemon can't beat up the trainer too. That would do sooooo much to relieve the hatred, wouldn't it?

Last edited:

Soperman

The One and Only
For me, it's Whitney. There is literally nothing good about her. Scatterbrained, whiny, childish, and an overall brat who can't take a loss... You know the drill.
And then there's the Miltank. That's really the thing. You spend hours, HOURS, trying to get rid of that stupid fat cow, grinding and using up all of your items to try to survive, and when you're done, she complains about losing. AFTER MAKING YOU SUFFER WITH THE STUPID COW.
I hate her.
I also don't like Chuck, the gym leader. He sits under a waterfall, looking stupid, pretends he's strong, and loses miserably.

...In case it isn't obvious, I'm re-playing Heartgold version :3

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
My only real beef, aside from a couple of gen 5 pokemon, is with the fire fighting starters, particularly Emboar.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the type...at least at first I did.

Blaziken was a stroke of ingenuity and well thought out design along with its unique (at the time) type

Infernape was pretty good too. I had a blast using him in Diamond version. I liked his design as well and was ready for the next starters to be announced.

But when Tepig came out, oh, Tepig. I thought it was so cute and was planning on using one, but then I saw its second evolution. I could feel that sinking feeling like, "Please, let these be elaborate hoaxes. It can't look like that." But then time passed and when the third evolution was announced, it got worse. Not only was the design just gosh awful, but the typing was disappointing as well. Another fire fighting type? Give me a break.

That brings me to a point. Why were the gen 5 starters some of the weakest that we've had? They just never seemed to throw that punch that I was looking for. Gen 1 had it, as well as 2, 3, and 4 for the most part, but this one just fell out and couldn't seem to get back in it.

Anyway, that's my grief with pokemon XD lol Mostly just Emboar.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
For me, it's Whitney. There is literally nothing good about her. Scatterbrained, whiny, childish, and an overall brat who can't take a loss... You know the drill.
And then there's the Miltank. That's really the thing. You spend hours, HOURS, trying to get rid of that stupid fat cow, grinding and using up all of your items to try to survive, and when you're done, she complains about losing. AFTER MAKING YOU SUFFER WITH THE STUPID COW.
I hate her.
I also don't like Chuck, the gym leader. He sits under a waterfall, looking stupid, pretends he's strong, and loses miserably.

...In case it isn't obvious, I'm re-playing Heartgold version :3

I feel your pain when it comes to Whitney. I remember after you beat her she starts crying saying she won't give you the gym badge. I was sooooo mad when I first beat her, and she said she wouldn't give me the badge! I spent all that time trying to defeat her, and then she's like "whaaaa you can't have the badge" I was so ticked. I'm Let's Playing Pokemon Silver on my Youtube Channel, and I just recently defeated her, and it was pretty easy because I traded a Drowzee for a Machop in the Pokemon Mart. I level'ed up the Machop, and took care of her Miltank pretty soundly.

SimH8

Machamp
Crobat
Scrafty
Throh

Just pokemon that usually piss me off when I face them.

Operia

Dark sky ruler
All the Emolgas in the Unova games. WHY DO THEY ALL HAVE DOUBLE TEAM?!?

Colt45

Cobalt
All the Emolgas in the Unova games. WHY DO THEY ALL HAVE DOUBLE TEAM?!?

Oh my God, yes, I must have lost against Elesa like 143090804 times because that stupid thing kept spamming double-team. I think that it's pretty cowardly for a gym leader to use such a strategy D:<

deh74

Seine Majestät
I hate all Emolga's now, just because of Elesa.
other pokemon I have problems with are elektross in Black2. Every time I battle Hugh's elektross it goes through half my team and wheni'm about to finally beat it, Hugh goes and uses a full restore on the thing so it can eat the rest of my pokemon.
also have problems with...
-the move Detect and how every pokemon who knows it just keeps spamming it.
-Sableye, it has no weaknesses and it's just dang creepy.
I actually thought that Whitney was really weak the last time I battled her, that might just be because it set up rollout so it couldn't use milk drink.

Personally, I don't have a vendetta against a character or POKéMON, but the closest I have to that concept is an annoyance of Pokemon using confuse-inducing moves. -.-

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

My only real beef, aside from a couple of gen 5 pokemon, is with the fire fighting starters, particularly Emboar.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the type...at least at first I did.

Blaziken was a stroke of ingenuity and well thought out design along with its unique (at the time) type

Infernape was pretty good too. I had a blast using him in Diamond version. I liked his design as well and was ready for the next starters to be announced.

But when Tepig came out, oh, Tepig. I thought it was so cute and was planning on using one, but then I saw its second evolution. I could feel that sinking feeling like, "Please, let these be elaborate hoaxes. It can't look like that." But then time passed and when the third evolution was announced, it got worse. Not only was the design just gosh awful, but the typing was disappointing as well. Another fire fighting type? Give me a break.

That brings me to a point. Why were the gen 5 starters some of the weakest that we've had? They just never seemed to throw that punch that I was looking for. Gen 1 had it, as well as 2, 3, and 4 for the most part, but this one just fell out and couldn't seem to get back in it.

Anyway, that's my grief with pokemon XD lol Mostly just Emboar.

I don't understand why you people hate the Tepig line, seriously, you guys make my angry. I like its design. Not to be mean, but I really hate people who don't like the design of any of the fire starters, especially the Tepig line. I like all of them, especially the Tepig line (as you can see, my username.) Sorry if I'm being rude, but it's true.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
Oh my God, yes, I must have lost against Elesa like 143090804 times because that stupid thing kept spamming double-team. I think that it's pretty cowardly for a gym leader to use such a strategy D:<

I actually brought my own Emolga and spammed Double Team to win. I used her own strategy against her xD

As for me, I'm having a vendetta on Roxie in the PWT. She seems to be psychic, everytime I use a Sigilyph against her she sends out a Drapion for her next Pokemon, like she knew I'd use it. It also freezed my Lucario with Ice Fang. Then there's Pryce, he has a Jynx that outspeeds my entire team and KOs them in one hit. My Sigilyph went down from a Blizzard and Lucario and Zoroark went down from a single Focus Blast. It seems like there's a 0% chance of winning when he sends out that thing.

Last edited:

aquriomaster

Hyori Hasama
Pikachu stupid static
Paralyzed my Haxorus and I had only Cloyster left

Cyrius

Ice-Cold Charisma
I Freaking hate Dragonite! D:< ive always been a Slamence fan, and he could easily destroy a Dragonite if it werent for that stupid Multiscale! now everyone mostly chooses him over dragonite and Salamence is left in the dust because of it.

Blissey and chansey are an utter annoyance in competitive battle. they are the hugest walls and i get so angry battling one of them D:<

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Terrakion. D: (My best friend on here Trioxhydre has trolled me CONSTANTLY in our wifi battles with that thing. ;~; D8)