• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Personal Vendettas against Characters or Pokemon

blackterminator3

Milktank for a lot particular reasons.

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
Going back to the days of generation 1, even young me was beginning to hate just how much attention Pikachu was getting. There were so many more awesome Pokemon in the franchise, and it always bugged me that they were all overshadowed by one of the less interesting ones. But I could never hate Pikachu as a Pokemon, just as what their presence did to the ones I loved so much more.

And then generation 2 comes along, and they release a smaller, more adorable abomination of it. I have always hated Pichu. I remember everyone raving about how adorable it is, and this especially made me upset because, even to this day, generation 2 has some of my favorite Pokemon. Noctowl, Crobat, Snubbull, Sudowoodo, Typhlosion, Politoed, and so many others overshadowed by the spawn of the mascot that I never asked for!

And then Pichu appears as a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

This was a mixed bag for me. I hated it even more, now, for taking up a character slot (cancelled characters in Melee include King K. Rool and Meowth), but at the same time... I could now kill it.

I have an entire memory card filled with snapshots of me, with various characters, beating the everloving stuffing out of Pichu.

Lunafloon

Shiny Hunter
I REALLY hate Palpitoad, from the first moment I saw it I wanted to play Whack-A-Mole with it's head bubbles.
Jynx and Mr Mime are also 2 I dislike, but no where near as much.

As for human characters, I never really liked Misty in the anime, she had her moments where she was okay but generally her attitude annoyed me. In game, Norman was my worst enemy. As a character and the players father he was okay, but when I went to fight him I always, without fail, would struggle. Took out 5/6 of my Nuzlocke team and I only won because he stopped using any attack except Focus Punch, and then I had a free turn because of Truant.

Vespiquen. Aarons in particular. It outspeed all of my team. So it would use attack order, defense order and heal order in combination to annoy the hell outta me. Its defense was so high i could barely damage it.

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
Screw you, Blue. And Elesa, screw you too!

IndigoAir

Myth Hunter
Oh yes, one of the posts reminded me... Pikachu ._. And also Pichu, Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu and Emolga. I hate all of them.

VaironGod

Dunsparce>Arceus
Pikachu is the only Pokemon I've never really liked. I love Pichu and like Raichu just hate Pikachu. I blame the attention it gets and Ash.

remybutton

Unpopular opinion alert!
That being said, I was never really fond of Red. I've always found him to be quite overrated in the Pokemon fandom and his team in Gold and Silver did not help his case. To be honest, the only thing he has going for him is nostalgia and high level Pokemon.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Oh yes, one of the posts reminded me... Pikachu ._. And also Pichu, Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu and Emolga. I hate all of them.

Yes... Except Plusle and Minun. They were pretty good in RAnger. (and I raged when I found out ey were considered as playable characters in Brawl, but got cut off. They're still listed in the fighters ._.)

But, anyway, I don't really vendetta against anything, Whitney, Ghetsis, N, Maylene, and practically everyone else in the games (except that Arcues'd Steelix in Ranger) were complete pushovers.

I do however, completely hate the Chimchar and Tepig families... Because they are horribly designed, and, well, I hate them.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
If Hugh unleash his rage One. More. Time, I will unleash my own

Pyrotechnet

Aviator Guy
Marlon. He was just ridiculous person. I loved his Gym and his team, but what the heck man? Were you not briefed on the Unova Situation ever in your life? Do you like it when people try to take over the region? jerk.
Red. I have nothing against him as the protagonist, he was just a guy doing his thang.... but as some sort of "Epitome of awesome" Trainer, NO. His team was just not good. He's overrated to the extreme.
Oh, also, ALL OF THE TRAINERS IN BLAINE'S GYM IN THE GYM LEADER CASTLE ON POKEMON STADIUM. That is the most impossible thing to beat ever. END of story.

BladedScizor

People who whine about how Charizard is 'overrated'. Seriously, how is he overrated? All I've ever heard anyone say about him since some idiot at Game Freak came up with Stealth Rock is how much he sucks.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Umbreon, can never seem to have a good counter to it in any scenario.
Close Combat is your best bet. On topic I can never forgive Tobias for using not 1 but 2 legendaries in the Sinnoh League! That really pissed me off! As if legends aren't advertised enough!?

TheGreaterLucario

I've never really had a vendetta against any of the Pokemon characters..... that is, until HIM. Ghetsis...... I swear, he is the ulitmate d*ckface of Pokemon! He's a major arse, he disowned his son after he failed him, and he has absolutely NO sense of kindness or compasion whatsoever! (whether it be towards Pokemon or people) I mean, at the end of White, I wanted to just punch him in the face. In Black 2, by the time I got to fight him, I wanted to rip said face clean off.

Colt45

Cobalt
People who whine about how Charizard is 'overrated'. Seriously, how is he overrated? All I've ever heard anyone say about him since some idiot at Game Freak came up with Stealth Rock is how much he sucks.

He came in first place in a top 100 favorite pokemon poll on IGN and LOTS of people voted.