• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Personality VS Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanator

I'm actually going to play through Black 2 a bit differently than before, I'll have a team of 12 Pokes: Pikachu, Pidove, Oshawott, Snivy, Tepig, Scraggy, Sewaddle, Tympole, Roggenrola, Sandile, Dwebble and Tirtouga. Yes, I'm such an Ash stan, the anime is the main reason for me loving many of the newer Pokes. I originally just had an "Ash team" in mind, but added in Crustle and Carracosta cause they're my two actual Unova favourites and I had some new sets in mind so why not. I've bred them all in Black(well, Tirtouga's in the process) and will trade them to B2 when that comes out. Until I finish the story mode I won't evolve any of them further than Ash has at that time. So I'm basically going to try playing with a large team and not fully evolve everyone, should be interesting to say the least.

Groundedshock

Effective on ground
I'm actually going to play through Black 2 a bit differently than before, I'll have a team of 12 Pokes: Pikachu, Pidove, Oshawott, Snivy, Tepig, Scraggy, Sewaddle, Tympole, Roggenrola, Sandile, Dwebble and Tirtouga. Yes, I'm such an Ash stan, the anime is the main reason for me loving many of the newer Pokes. I originally just had an "Ash team" in mind, but added in Crustle and Carracosta cause they're my two actual Unova favourites and I had some new sets in mind so why not. I've bred them all in Black(well, Tirtouga's in the process) and will trade them to B2 when that comes out. Until I finish the story mode I won't evolve any of them further than Ash has at that time. So I'm basically going to try playing with a large team and not fully evolve everyone, should be interesting to say the least.

You have evolites? It should interesting however....... Maybe I should do that.....

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Not all pokemon lose their personalities in BW.

Those that did.
~ Sewaddle>Swadloon>Leavanny
Tough little kid but soft>Kinda serious>Overly happy
Basically the typical transition between Childhood> Adolescence>Adulthood

Those that didn't.
~ Pidove >Tranquill > Unfezant
Yeah she has a personality. Subtle but still there. She is very determined even when battling Pikachu, she decided to continue battling until she got knocked out. In the venipede stampede, she flexed when she blew away the bugs and evolved, showing that spunky-ness. Then in the matches vs Skyla and Roxie, we see that whenever Ash asks her if she can continue she's like "yeah!"

~Tepig>Pignite
Same personality, except he's a bit more happy now that the whole Shamus shame is gone.

~ Roggenrola>Boldore
Same. Affectionate and very happy.

~Sandile>Krokorok>Krookodile
Same. Likes to show his strength. Loves his glasses.

~Dwebble>Crustle
Same. Humble dude who dislikes disappointing Cilan.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Those that did.
Tough little kid but soft>Kinda serious>Overly happy Basically the typical transition between Childhood> Adolescence>Adulthood

Those that didn't.
~ Pidove >Tranquill > Unfezant
Yeah she has a personality. Subtle but still there. She is very determined even when battling Pikachu, she decided to continue battling until she got knocked out. In the venipede stampede, she flexed when she blew away the bugs and evolved, showing that spunky-ness. Then in the matches vs Skyla and Roxie, we see that whenever Ash asks her if she can continue she's like "yeah!"

~Tepig>Pignite
Same personality, except he's a bit more happy now that the whole Shamus shame is gone.

~ Roggenrola>Boldore
Same. Affectionate and very happy.

~Sandile>Krokorok>Krookodile
Same. Likes to show his strength. Loves his glasses.

~Dwebble>Crustle
Same. Humble dude who dislikes disappointing Cilan.

Gotta agree here. It's just the pokemon with two much personality that end up changing when they evolve.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Those that did.
Tough little kid but soft>Kinda serious>Overly happy Basically the typical transition between Childhood> Adolescence>Adulthood

Agree with your whole post, but Sewaddle didn't lose his personality, it changed into a nicer personality (not sure how to name it) but yeah it changed to a nicer Pokemon

SlimeStack

Personally, I think stronger evolved Pokémon that aren't necessarily much fun make Ash look like an accomplished trainer. I mean, I like Oshawott and think he's a great character, but I've always felt it's a little embarrassing for Ash to send out such a little thing in an important battle. The fact that Ash currently carries 10 Pokémon allows him to use Pokémon for their characters while having a team B. I mean, in Kanto, didn't Ash use something like Squirtle/Bulbasaur/Pidgeotto for his eighth badge? Ash's eighth Unova badge had him sending out Boldore, Unfezant, Leavanny, Pignite and Palpitoad. Sure, Leavanny and Palpitoad might be a bit dull compared to Oshawott or Scraggy, but I like how the latter two get all the screentime they need to develop their characters, while the former two are in the PC for a significant fight.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Gotta agree here. It's just the pokemon with two much personality that end up changing when they evolve.

Not really can you give me an example? and not the usual Charizard example he still has the same traits even if he got new ones.

Sceptile-Same from Treecko to Sceptile
Donphan-Same
Pignite-Same
Torterra-He lost his traits before he even evolved, become more and more serious and boring and unfortunatly badly treated
Infernape-His only personality trait is being a whimp and having a trauma, he got over both and having a trauma is not even a personality trait, he stayed the same anyway personality or not
Gliscor-This thing has a lot of personality. stayed exactly the same jsut got braver
Krokoodile-Exactly the same, wants to be though and look cool to the others and his trainer that he admired from the start
Bayleef-Stayed same

Don't think I need to give more examples and I don't really have an example of the opposite to give.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Not really can you give me an example? and not the usual Charizard example he still has the same traits even if he got new ones.

Sceptile-Same from Treecko to Sceptile
Donphan-Same
Pignite-Same
Torterra-He lost his traits before he even evolved, become more and more serious and boring and unfortunatly badly treated
Infernape-His only personality trait is being a whimp and having a trauma, he got over both and having a trauma is not even a personality trait, he stayed the same anyway personality or not
Gliscor-This thing has a lot of personality. stayed exactly the same jsut got braver
Krokoodile-Exactly the same, wants to be though and look cool to the others and his trainer that he admired from the start
Bayleef-Stayed same

Don't think I need to give more examples and I don't really have an example of the opposite to give.

There is a reason Mijumaru, Piplup, and Meowth never evolved and will never evolve lol.

Anima

Pokemaniac24 said:
Exactly. Look at popular Squirtle and Bulbasaur are. They never evolved and people still see them as powerhouses. There is a way for the writers to make uneolved Pokemon powerful and a way for the writers to make evolved Pokemon personality filled.

I personally would have liked to see Squirtle evolve into Wartortle. Bulbasaur, not so much, but that's only because I am not an Ivy/Venusaur fan

Last edited:

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
The reason I Don't see Mijumaru Osha evolving is because it's personality is set in stone. It's in flirting for the entire BW Season (sub Brock anyone), and I wouldn't exactly... Enjoy seeing a Samurott falling in love with every female Pokemon...

Kurumiru/Sewaddle has such a cute sound thingy, in Japanese it's like "kururu~" me likez

Groundedshock

Effective on ground
I can trade a few with them, though I think I'll be using Everstone's on most just because pressing B after each level up might get annoying. + It'll just add to the challenge.

DERP. I forgot one more thing! Are you going to use the same Pokemon Ash uses in all the gyms?
If so are you going to use Boldore vs Excadrill, Swadloon vs Whirlipede and Unfezant vs Skyla?

Rohanator

DERP. I forgot one more thing! Are you going to use the same Pokemon Ash uses in all the gyms?
If so are you going to use Boldore vs Excadrill, Swadloon vs Whirlipede and Unfezant vs Skyla?
I might, it depends, there's still the Elite 4 and champion to add to the 8 gyms so that's 15 official battles everyone can star in at least 1. Unfezant I definitely will just because bird fights are cool, Boldore vs Excadrill is gonna be hard, but I will try. I don't think Burgh has a Whirlipede in BW2, but there's always Roxie's one. I won't have Pikachu battle in 5 gyms though lol.

They didn't evolve so you can't you say their personalities changed.

It's more about the personality making them popular and thus holding back their evolution. Would you prefer a funny Oshawott or a Samurott if Oshawott never became that marketable. Obviously he CAN still evolve though, BW isn't over.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
But Robert didn't say that he said pokemon with too much personality change upon evolution, I gave him all those examples and I don't really have an example to counter that.

So a dancing Croconaw/Feraligatr or a silly Dewott/Samurott could still happen since it happened with the others.

Would they be more menacing in battle? sure but out of it, Dewott can just droll on his favourite female pokemon or be cute, the thing is pretty cute and a lot cooler then Oshawott.

I don't see it evolving anyway.

A dancing Croconaw/Feraligatr would be awesome though, specially Croconaw since he is always with a grumpy face Xd.

Rohanator

But Robert didn't say that he said pokemon with too much personality change upon evolution, I gave him all those examples and I don't really have an example to counter that.

So a dancing Croconaw/Feraligatr or a silly Dewott/Samurott could still happen since it happened with the others.

Would they be more menacing in battle? sure but out of it, Dewott can just droll on his favourite female pokemon or be cute, the thing is pretty cute and a lot cooler then Oshawott.

I don't see it evolving anyway.

A dancing Croconaw/Feraligatr would be awesome though, specially Croconaw since he is always with a grumpy face Xd.
Yeah I don't really see those personalities fading away with evolution, the evolution just might not happen in the first place because of the personality.
And yes, I'd love to see how Totodile'd be after evolving. And imagine how much ladies Samurott could actually hook up with?

LizardonX

Banned
Yeah I don't really see those personalities fading away with evolution, the evolution just might not happen in the first place because of the personality.
And yes, I'd love to see how Totodile'd be after evolving. And imagine how much ladies Samurott could actually hook up with?

You think is oshawott evolvd meloetta would have stayed?

Quilava still has the same personality as he did when he was a Cyndaquil.

matt0044

Wish they could've evolved Oshawott yet keep his cute charm as a Dewott. Couldn't be that hard and who's to say there aren't any youngsters who like Dewott?

Status
Not open for further replies.