• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Perspective: A Pokémon POV One-Shot Contest!

Araleon

Chill
I wonder what everyone who entered did as their Pokemon?

My Pokemon was Bidoof.

D. Scott

Probably a cliche sort of thing, but I did mine from the PoV of an Absol.

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
Pikachu here. It probably won't be the usual fan fiction. Though I doubt I'll get my entry in in time.

GastlyMan

Ghost Type Trainer
I actually think I may have missed the deadline by a little bit because my internet was down (I sure hope not...) but I sent it in. Not my absolute best work, but it's ok.

Dragonfree

Just me
The deadline isn't that strict; your submission is accepted just fine.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who entered! We need to get to the judging now; don't know how long that will take. Just have patience.

Araleon

Chill
Thanks, Dragonfree!

Dragonfree

Just me
I'm pretty much done with the actual reviewing, though I still have yet to decide on the rankings. Don't know exactly how far the others are at the moment; I do know Psychic has been extremely busy writing papers and hadn't managed to start the judging proper as of the last time I talked to her, though, so I expect getting the results will still take a little while.

Araleon

Chill
Is it okay for me to ask for another judging update

Dragonfree

Just me
I'm done, unless I make some last-minute changes to the placings. I was just PMing the other judges for a status update yesterday (or at least I think it was yesterday), but haven't gotten an answer yet.

Araleon

Chill
Oh, cool! Thank you.

AmericanPi

Write on
Oh **** it; I came across this contest after the deadline... :(

It's a shame though. I'd really love to write a story from a Grass Pokemon's point of view; those poor plants are so under-appreciated. :( But I'm already writing a long, full fanfic from a Flying Pokemon's point of view... oh well. Will there be a contest like this next year or something?

Dragonfree

Just me
There are regular one-shot contests, but with a new theme each time; the next one will in all likelihood not be about Pokémon POVs. (It may allow Pokémon POVs, though.)

Dragonfree

Just me
purple_drake has sent in her reviews and Negrek is apparently very close and just needs to find the time to finish it. Don't know about Psychic.

Unless somebody objects, I'd think we can post the entries with the rankings, at least the ones that aren't twenty-something pages long (there isn't a lot of middle ground between "pretty short" and "long as all hell" in this contest). The authors of the others could presumably just post them on the forums as usual.

Dragonfree

Just me
Psychic and Negrek still have a little bit left, but they're both working on it (Negrek has been busy with other things recently but said she would get on with the judging now and apparently what remains is just a couple of hours' work once she sits down and does it), and last I heard from Psychic, she only had a few reviews left to write as well. I'd expect it to be soon.

Araleon

Chill
Sweet! Thanks for the update, Dragonfree. I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone did and what the judges thought of my piece.

It's kinda weird in the... six-ish months since this contest I've done a lot of righting and i feel like my style's changed.

D. Scott

Same here. I feel like I've improved immensely since my entry here - I kind of wish I could withdraw it, revise it, then throw it back in, but I guess that ain't happening.