• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PETA parody of BW2

Mitja

Veteran smartass
And Pokemon of all games. Where every now and then you find some very positive stuff that makes you think "wow gamefreak is promoting such beautiful values".
Just yesterday an NPC in Floccesy said: "some people want to live in the past, some in the future, but only now is what matters" or something along these lines.
Its full of these and friendship and kindness and working out differences etc.

Galux

I'm a huge pokemon fan and I'm a vegetarian so that proves you can be both. I did not like this game though and think it was a pretty silly really.

xDWarrior

I found it kinda fun hahaha. Oh PETA you nutjobs

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
Heres an idea PETA: stop campaigning against a game with virtual creatures with magical Powers and start helping actual animals.

Last edited:

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
Got to say, the reactions I see to this across the internet, the more and more right Psychic gets.

You don't think you're the better man/woman/blogger and then bring up the inevitably of someone cosplaying Ringmaster Ash. Immortalize that and PETA's already won; trying to "take ownership" of something like that doesn't work.

Last edited:
Seems like PETA only got the surface of the game, which anyone can get from reading the back of the box, but not the main plot. Still, the game provided me with 10 mins of sheer entertainment.

Pierce571

I just played it for the first time and it's pretty stupid. Not sure what PETA is trying to accomplish with this because it definitely isn't gonna make them any populair

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
I heard about this a couple days ago and just saw it earlier. It's just...uh...wow, PETA, wow. So abusing animals is wrong, but beating up people and children is okay??? Also I love how ASH of all people was the ringmaster of evil, when he possibly loves Pokemon more than anyone else in the entire Pokemon World XD. The gore and videos though...ugh, if that's what this was like I don't even wanna know what their other game parodies are like.

It's true what Psychic says though; everyone knows it's bad and PETA sucks, but the fact that people are seeing and viewing it is giving them more attention and publicity, which is exactly what they want.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
I think PETA has become a parody themselves. Nobody can really take them seriously any more. I love how they didn't do their research either. Team Plasma may want free Pokemon, but not for liberation. They want it to be easier to eliminate humans when they don't have Pokemon to defend them.

Which isnt so dissimilar to the goal the hypocrites at PETA are plotting

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
It's too obvious, PeTA is Team Plasma in real life

The real Team Plasma making a parody of the game on where they appear, they seriously have nothing else to make up. First they make "Mario Kills Tanooki" and now this, what's next, are they going to complain about Animal Crossing? You got to be kidding me, instead of wasting money making flash games, they should use it to actually save animals.

And the best part is this gem of a quote:
“Much like animals in the real world, Pokémon are treated as unfeeling objects and used for such things as human entertainment and as subjects in experiments. The way that Pokémon are stuffed into pokéballs is similar to how circuses chain elephants inside railroad cars and let them out only to perform confusing and often painful tricks that were taught using sharp steel-tipped bullhooks and electric shock prods ...if PeTA existed in Unova, our motto would be: Pokémon are not ours to use or abuse. They exist for their own reasons. We believe that this is the message that should be sent to children.
Isn't that what Team Plasma is?

I am aware that Pokemon has been criticized for animal abuse in the past, but not to this kind of extreme before, and to explain what I mean, Pokemon has been going on ever since 1997 or so, and even with it's popularity growing these days, Pokemon's popularity was MUCH bigger in the times of the first two generations, did PETA call out animal abuse back then? The answer is no, it's only NOW that a new Pokemon game is out that they've decided to "address" this, and in the game that is solely based on the moral that Pokemon SHOULDN'T be abused, and that there ARE kind-hearted trainers who want to be their friends, and if that isn't a BIG desperate and immature cry for attention, then I dunno what is.

And what's this? That Pokemon does promote animal abuse to those young of mind who don't yet understand how bad it is to hurt animals? Well, lemme say this: Pokemon are FICTIONAL, they aren't real, and looking at their powers of fire, lightning, water, ice, and so on, I'm pretty sure that the main target demographic of Pokemon (people ages 7-10 and up) are more than smart enough to know that animals in real life do not have powers like that.

And to wrap this up, I'll say this: PeTA has less than 10% of their large resources spent on actually caring for animals, while the 90% is spent on flash games like this, and I heard from various sources that PeTA donates money to terrorist groups such as the ALF (Animal Liberation Front) and ELF (Earth Liberation Front), among others, these two groups attack innocent people and cause violence, which means that PeTA is into violence and will do anything just to free animals from humans, even if these actions are considered illegal, and the US Department of Agriculture has actually labeled them as a terrorist group.

PeTA is also filled with hypocrisy as the people of the organization take pictures of animals, even when not using them for entertainment is part of their slogan. PeTA has actually been KILLING animals for years without giving most of them good homes, out of every 2000 animals are sent to PETA to be sent to safe homes or vets or anything like that, over 1900 perfectly healthy animals are killed by PeTA, they even have a freezer in their HQ where they store the bodies of dead animals, it's sickening, and albeit illegal to an extent.

Needless to say, as a strong Pokemon fan who holds this series very close to my heart (and has even helped me to promote the end of animal abuse in ways), I am very concerned about this.

In general, you failed again PeTA.

Team Plasma may want free Pokemon, but not for liberation. They want it to be easier to eliminate humans when they don't have Pokemon to defend them.

no... that's what Ghetsis wanted. He used the lie about freeing Pokemon to create Team Plasma. So while the members of Team Plasma (and N) are there thinking that they are liberating Pokemon for their own good... Ghetsis on the other hand... he used the fact that his members are passinate about Pokemon liberation to his advantage. He wanted them all for himself...

Hilda

This made me sick to the guts. I hope Nintendo sues their PETA asses and brings them to the brink of being bank-rupt.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Of course, it's people for ethical treatment of animals lol

I mean they are against us eating meat and even declawing our cats when they **** up our expensive furnature :p

Yeah, but they go too far with it. Don't get me wrong, animals deserve basic needs (food, shelter, etc.) and respect, but PETA goes way too far with it. I mean, if you can live without meat, great, but considering that humans are omnivores and contrary to what they believe, were always meant to eat meat to survive, you cannot expect everyone to adhere to such a standard. It's a sad truth, but we essentially do need to kill to survive. If there's anyone they should be going after, it's the assholes who torture animals before killing them for food, since if you're going to kill animals for food, you should at least let them die with some sort of dignity.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It's too obvious, PeTA is Team Plasma in real life

The real Team Plasma making a parody of the game on where they appear, they seriously have nothing else to make up. First they make "Mario Kills Tanooki" and now this, what's next, are they going to complain about Animal Crossing? You got to be kidding me, instead of wasting money making flash games, they should use it to actually save animals

As I have said, Team Plasma is really like Ghetsis, despite their claim otherwise.

Remember that N truly had a noble intention of liberating Pokemon, but Ghetsis poisoned his mind by showing him only the cruel acts done to Pokemon.

Now think of what PETA is doing to children.