• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PETA parody of BW2

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I think we can all agree that PETA is a Farfetch'd organization that throw their Trubbish everwhere. The head of that organization is a total Slowpoke for targeting 20 year old ideas.

I just hope they don't Muk it up for all other animal rights groups that do things legitimately.

Psychic

Really and truly
Ugh, the best part is they're only making these video game parodies for attention from a demographic they haven't been able to bother yet. If people ignored them they would just stop. But considering everyone is raving about this, we're kind of just doing what they want.

PETA acts like really crappy trolls, whatever their intentions.

~Psychic

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
Ugh, the best part is they're only making these video game parodies for attention from a demographic they haven't been able to bother yet. If people ignored them they would just stop. But considering everyone is raving about this, we're kind of just doing what they want.

Quite true. But that's just it; trolling is all they're accomplishing. If anything, the programmer lost more time making the thing than anyone will going through it.

Kim62

Hello
I don't know if it's a parody of Pokemon, or a parody of PETA, or both. It does seem to be in better taste than PETA's "parody."
Implying that PETA even has taste.
YOU GUYS ENJOY THIS GAME !?! It is sick and twisted and just plain creepy....I HATE IT..
I agree. It is sick and twisted but this is not unusual for PETA. I've played their other games and trust me they are just as gross as this one.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Well I played the game in the morning.... I was actually pretty disgusted by it >.>

Kenshi

Oh you gotta be kidding me, they actually went THERE. The Mario Kills Tanooki thing was bad enough to me, but if they're attacking (A rather bad attack, actually) Pokémon now, that's just crossing the line for me.

I'm starting to doubt that PETA is a serious group actually, they spend all of their time making bad parodies of games for absurd reasons instead of... y'know, actually protecting real animals. Not to mention the obvious lack of research (This Ash is the most out of character you can get).

Psychic

Really and truly
Quite true. But that's just it; trolling is all they're accomplishing. If anything, the programmer lost more time making the thing than anyone will going through it.
That's not what I mean, nor is it the point; regardless of how long it took them to make, thousands, likely millions will see and play it.

The point of their game isn't to make us feel bad about playing a kids' video game; the point is that it makes us pay attention to Peta, which in turn gets them funding. This video sums it up far better than I can, and it was made back when they pulled this same stunt with the dumb Mario parody. They're doing the same crap because it's working.

~Psychic

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
Being on an iPad, I can't actually play this game. But from what I'm reading about it so far, it really is complete garbage, even though I lol'd so hard when I first saw it. I never actually thought that PETA was this extremist. I knew that they are "radical", but to make this effing thing? This is something that an internet troll should be making in his mothers basement. This is probably the biggest insult to Pokemon since the Internet itself.

I would understand if this was a joke (quite tasteless at that), but it's not. They're trying to make a statement. Why can't PETA just get back to protest McDonalds for any number of reasons?

Koh

Tamer
Despite the obvious flawed approach with this, the game itself is actually pretty well made. The music is nice, the engine is solid, and the artwork, minus the gore, is done pretty well. If only the REAL Pokemon games displayed this level of emotion in the battles when a Pokemon got hit...it'd make them feel less like cardboard cutouts.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Lol all this video did was get more people to support Pokemon, good job Peta :).

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Well PETA does have a point Pokemon battling is just sugarcoated, over glorified Dog fight ,or any kinda animal fight.

That would be cool if they made a game in where you use the Pokemon aginast the trainer instead of having trainer. :p

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
Looks like PETA found out that Team Plasma was based off of them and decided to get revenge by making this and releasing it right when the new Pokémon game comes out.

I say we find the makers and skin them alive.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The Idea of this game is bad, and PETA should feel bad for making it.

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
I tried it just because I was curious. Just beat up Cheren and called it quits. It's not really funny to me. Just stupid as hell and unnecessary, but that's PETA for you. Always doing the stupidest things and making animal activists look like crazy people. So what's next? Digimon?

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
All I can say is that I am in utter disbelief that PETA would waste time and resources on this when there are real live animals out there that need saving. Just goes to show what a terrible organisation they are.

All I can say is that I am in utter disbelief that PETA would waste time and resources on this when there are real live animals out there that need saving. Just goes to show what a terrible organisation they are.

Oh, it gets worse. They kill off a lot of the animals they've "saved." I wouldn't be surprised if those gory images and videos PETA uses in their propaganda were actually done by PETA members themselves as a method to get media attention and/or donations of money.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
Oh, it gets worse. They kill off a lot of the animals they've "saved." I wouldn't be surprised if those gory images and videos PETA uses in their propaganda were actually done by PETA members themselves as a method to get media attention and/or donations of money.

Yeah, I read somewhere that PETA only adopted out 7 animals in one particular year. The rest were euthanased.