• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PETA parody of BW2

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Dang it PETA, why? You do realize this will only make you lose, not gain, simpathy from the younger gens, don't you?

Though I have to admit, at first I didn't know whether I should feel angry or impressed. I mean, for a parody, it's a very well made one. It shows somebody actually spent sometime understanding the game (and the fandom! " Do u liek Mudkips?"!!!), insted of pulling together a bunch of outdated stereotypes like most ppl do.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Does it make it more right if they are trying to traumatize little children?

Moving on from that point, they probably spent donations on getting some Pokemon fan to tell them what they needed to know. I really wouldn't doubt it.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Or they could have just got info of the internet.....
Yeah, the information is all there, but where are they to begin? If you were going to make a message attack on Pokemon, you can scratch the surface and use that research to make a simple, yet narrow attack, like many religious people/groups have done. However, this attack was deep, it took a lot of information that you would have to know what to search for in order to make it deep in and of itself.

For that matter, why be the poor slobs that do all the research by themselves when you can get people that have the "roadmap" to all of the Pokemon information they need? The pay can be as high as the demand since they have a lot of money. What else do they use money for, actually helping poor defensive animals? That's rich.

No, in PETA's mind, making "sensible" and "not-at-all provocative public service announcements" to alarm many people, is better than doing any work by themselves. Oh, but they do work. Yeah, walking naked on streets is work for them.

My sentiment is not that "OMG PETA is bashing Pokemon", but more in the way they are using this as a political machine to poison the minds of innocent children.

PokemonTrainerKaden

I played it and it was stupid. Either way, why are they just now petitioning pokemon when it's been out for 17 years? And we don't make them fight, and if Peta knew anything they would know that the pokemon actually enjoy the competition. A friend and I were compiling reasons Peta weren't justified for petitioning and here's what we came up with.

It's about making friends and having fun.
They said that Ash kept Pikachu in a pokeball... I mean really if they're going to petition it they could at least get their facts straight, come on.

And Team Plasma? They wanted to destroy the universe, if memory serves.
Monday at 11:34am · Like

Me: How far do you think they'll get with it?

Me: Yeah really the only one that wanted to free the Pokemon was N.

Not very far, considering how many people who play pokemon.

Me: ^^ True.
Monday at 11:35am · Like

Me: And either way most of the people that play it are the veterens and are adults so it doesn't matter what the PARENT organization wants.
Monday at 11:37am · Like

Basically. I mean, it's fine having an opinion, but base it off of SOME facts.... JEEZE PETA, GET IT TOGETHER
Monday at 11:38am · Like

Me: Exactly haha.
Monday at 11:39am · Like

I'd understand in like 2003-2005...but 2012? There's already been 20 Main games released!
Not including the Spinoffs like Mystery Dungeon and Trozei.
Monday at 11:43am · Like

And that's just in the US.
Monday at 11:44am · Like

Me: Dude they're coming out with a 3D Mystery Dungeon :D
Monday at 11:46am · Like

Counted all of them.
47 games from 1996.
FORTY-SEVEN.
Monday at 11:46am · Like

PETA, YOU'RE LATE
Monday at 11:47am · Like

Me: Plus 17 seasons, over a thousand episodes and it's the second biggest franchise in the world.
Monday at 11:47am · Like · 1

I watched like 1 EP in D/P and saw that Dawn asked about Piplup battling.
and they said Ash didn't care, Spearow episode, first season.
They're even AGAINST abuse. For example, Paul D/P.
COME ON PETA, YOU'RE FIGHTING PEOPLE FOR THE SAME CAUSE.

HetaOni

Chesaught
I think PETA has become a parody themselves. Nobody can really take them seriously any more. I love how they didn't do their research either. Team Plasma may want free Pokemon, but not for liberation. They want it to be easier to eliminate humans when they don't have Pokemon to defend them.
Probably because they want to liberate our pets from us so we'll have no animals to defend us when they break into our houses and kill our families.

Silverwynde

My Sweet Guardian
It's too obvious, PeTA is Team Plasma in real life

The real Team Plasma making a parody of the game on where they appear, they seriously have nothing else to make up. First they make "Mario Kills Tanooki" and now this, what's next, are they going to complain about Animal Crossing? You got to be kidding me, instead of wasting money making flash games, they should use it to actually save animals.
I'm waiting for them to say that playing Angry Birds promotes cruelty to birds and pigs. I would not put it past these nutjobs.

All I can say about it is this:

Dear PeTA,

How many animals died, waiting for a rescue that never came, because you nitwits were too busy farting out this ridiculous "parody" game? I'd tell you to be ashamed of yourselves but since this is getting you guys tons of attention, you won't really care. Now go dissipate like the fart in the breeze that you are! And take that stupid "game" with it's so-called message with you!

Sincerely,

Silvy

P.S. Maybe next time you guys can do something constructive with your time like volunteer at an animal shelter. But you're PeTA. You won't do anything useful with your time now, will you?

Savanny Killersaurus

In Another Castle
PETA would actually rather see animals die than be with humans. I knew a girl who was a PETA member, and she would always dump this "Animals shouldn't be with people, locked inside their houses! They should be free and blah blah blah!" I used to think PETA was a great organization that only cared about saving neglected animals, but instead they're just pompous idiots whose beliefs make no sense! And the shelter they run in PA has nearly a 100% kill rate, because they would rather euthanize animals than give them to loving homes.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Pokemon are virtual, not real, and PETA wastes time and resources on this? Unreal.

Psychic

Really and truly
Yeah, the information is all there, but where are they to begin? If you were going to make a message attack on Pokemon, you can scratch the surface and use that research to make a simple, yet narrow attack, like many religious people/groups have done. However, this attack was deep, it took a lot of information that you would have to know what to search for in order to make it deep in and of itself.

For that matter, why be the poor slobs that do all the research by themselves when you can get people that have the "roadmap" to all of the Pokemon information they need?
Actually, supposedly PETA contracted the group that makes the games on the Adult Swim website to make this game.

P.S. Maybe next time you guys can do something constructive with your time like volunteer at an animal shelter. But you're PeTA. You won't do anything useful with your time now, will you?
Actually, PETA euthanizes the majority of animals they "save" or have in their custody, so no, that to them is not "constructive."

Pokemon are virtual, not real, and PETA wastes time and resources on this? Unreal.
Don't be fooled; this isn't some stand against a video game. It's just a publicity stunt to get attention. And it's working. When we stop giving them the time of day, they'll stop making these games.

~Psychic

Ricky_Ragger

At first I saw like "hahahaha" then after that first treasure chest thing I was like, "what a waste of time"

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Actually, supposedly PETA contracted the group that makes the games on the Adult Swim website to make this game.
It sounds like they are killing two birds with one stone. You get people who are good entertainers of shock value that know how to make games, and you have people that are more likely to be resourceful for this type of information about the series.

"Contracted"? Did that involve money, or was it just an entertained thought?

Psychic

Really and truly
It sounds like they are killing two birds with one stone. You get people who are good entertainers of shock value that know how to make games, and you have people that are more likely to be resourceful for this type of information about the series.

"Contracted"? Did that involve money, or was it just an entertained thought?
Yes, PETA paid these game-makers to make this game the same way Adult Swim pays these game-makers to make games for their website. This is perfectly legal, and I was only making an observation, not criticism. If you have the money to hire someone to do things you alone cannot do, you hire them. This isn't some horrible thing that we can really fault them for, especially not when there are so many actual criticisms we can make.

~Psychic

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Yes, PETA paid these game-makers to make this game the same way Adult Swim pays these game-makers to make games for their website. This is perfectly legal, and I was only making an observation, not criticism. If you have the money to hire someone to do things you alone cannot do, you hire them. This isn't some horrible thing that we can really fault them for, especially not when there are so many actual criticisms we can make.

~Psychic
My only beef with that would be that they could have paid, say, an animal pharmacy, or a no kill animal shelter for the actual benefits to animals. Now maybe this wasn't an expensive thing to make, but with advertisements, especially provoking ones, you have to know how to pick your battles. To PETA's credit, they made a very provocative advertisement that fooled some of the people, but for Pete's sake, I don't think it is fair to anybody to make a wrongful attack as a publicity stunt to bolster ego.

As I said, they are really the Ghetsis of animal rights. They attempt to use powerful words to swing people to their favor, and they use children (the N of their plans) as bait for these attack campaigns.

I'm mostly over this anyway. PETA is dumb. They have been dumb, they will do something dumb later on.