1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

PETA's New Campaine To Rename Fish "Sea Kittens".

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by pkmnhippy, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pkmnhippy

pkmnhippy Banned

PETA's reached a new level of madness...

http://www.newsday.com/iphone/ny-peta-seakittens,0,2589330.story

Screenshot of the site:
    [img200]http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2009-01/44529378.jpg[/img200]

Sea Kitten Web site

Check the site out, you can make gangster Sea Kittens, WHICH IS AWESOME, AND THEY ARE CUTER AND SMARTER THEN GEORGE BUSH!

Discuss.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  2. ~Magic Thunderbolt~

~Magic Thunderbolt~ Well-Known Member

Idiots.

Bleh, a fish is a fish, even if a group arbitrarily names it a "sea kitten".

3. Ninterror X

Ninterror X The bird brain.

**** ***got fish **** sucking morons

people can eat what-ever they want, if they want fish then god dammit there will be a lot.
    and besides, who would name them Sea kittens?

4. S31R31

S31R31 The 90's

I like fish. Where's Nemo? I can't find Nemo.

5. Jhonny

Jhonny Officially The Worst

I can't wait until some kid gets confused and goes spearing kittens.

6. cbiesra

cbiesra Pedophillia? Naww.>>

Good times. Good times.

7. Darkfall

Darkfall Abuses SHIFT + ENTER

As a man who has eaten cat (And thouroughly enjoyed it) let me be the first to say:

Om nom nom.

While we're at it, can we have Cows rebranded as "Milk Machines" and grass become "Natural Carpetting"? Though the latter does sound like a description for pubic hairs I suppose.

8. Mr. Mudkip

Mr. Mudkip Banned

BS.
    Even if they get renamed I sure don't give a damn. It's not like people will stop calling them fish, and there's nothing anyone could do to stop us from calling them that, as it'd violate free speech.
    So even if they suceed (duobt it) they still fail.

9. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

Like this will change anything. :/

People will just go "Mmmm, this sure is some good sea kitten!"

10. Pearl's Perap

Pearl's Perap Well-Known Member

I myself am a vegatarian and find this completely ridiculous, why in God's name would changing their name to 'sea kittens' stop people eating them in any way shape or form? They're gonna be fish no matter what and people are going to eat them...

11. Ninterror X

funny I was going to do that and call Chickens "egg bombers" and Pigs "Muddy bacon"

12. xXPorygonXx

xXPorygonXx Sort of active

Sea kittens?

HAH

Worst idea ever. Renaming animals is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. And I doubt that people wouldn't eat fish, even if they were "Sea Kittens".

13. Atoyont

Atoyont Brains for brawn

These people are genius! They'll be especially smart when this campaign goes to those in countries where kittens are actually food!
    In fact, why don't we just give every food an adorable name so we stop eating it? I mean, if we just eat plants, we'll lose our source of photosynthesis which converts carbon dioxide into oxygen, and that'll just speed up our apparently imminent doom!

14. Cyan

Cyan Mortal

If fish are sea kittens, then what are sea cats? Whales?

15. Tim the turtle

Tim the turtle Happy Mudkip

This is the best idea I've ever heard. Calling fish sea kittens? HOW AWESOME IS THAT! It's like, my freaking god, you could go kittening for kittens, and then you could watch a documentary on Great White Kittens and then you could eat some kittens and then you could watch the documentary again and OMG OMG OMG I want this.

16. Jhonny

Jhonny Officially The Worst

Kitten fingers wouldn't even make sense. Besides, making something cute wont stop people eating it. A better tact would be to re-brand them bile sticks.

17. GrizzlyB

GrizzlyB Confused and Dazed

What do all you people have against sea kittens? =//////////////////

18. pkmnhippy

pkmnhippy Banned

The tally has gone up to 4400 o_O.

19. Ninterror X

not to mention there are different species which means they have to name them all after breeds, like from flounder to Persian or Tuna to Siamese.

20. Kijuna

Kijuna Well-Known Member

You guys have no sense of humour whatsoever. This is hilarious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.