• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PETA's New Campaine To Rename Fish "Sea Kittens".

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Hmm it seem like that PETA are bunch of idiot I really don't calling fish to sea kitten is going help, after all I could just call a chicken Carl the singing dog at the end of the day it is still a ****ing chicken. Anyway fish is good for you, I mean isn't fish suppose to make you smarter.

They lost brain power from not getting any, er, protein.

Rheine

Stabby McStabface
Fish to seakittens.......WTF.
Well I guess that makes cats landfish.
My new sig! :p

On topic: Seriously, even if I take a neutral approach on all this Go Veg! business, PETA should, really, REALLY, allocate their fund and time on plausible ideas.

Fish, a hundreds (perhaps? xP) years old word, which has known to foreign speakers as fishes too, as long as some...fishes...named after it (e.g. Catfish, Jellyfish, Starfish) is not changeable only because some organizations demands it.

And the campaign to change Hamburg's name to Veggieburg...Lol, brings me back to my point, PETA should find something they could actually do for a change.

pazzygurl

PETA is a bunch of ****. the one founder of PETA wears a fur coat and eats meat. being a vegan I hate PETA. I understand there really only for the "ethical" treatment of animals, but the only real ethical treatment is to not kill them

~Magic Thunderbolt~

PETA is a bunch of ****. the one founder of PETA wears a fur coat and eats meat. being a vegan I hate PETA. I understand there really only for the "ethical" treatment of animals, but the only real ethical treatment is to not kill them

They're hypocritic nutjobs. And they support a terrorist society.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Lets not get into that debate now. Eventually something would kill the animal for food if it wasn't us. PETA are just extremist to the highest order. Which is never a good thing.

Atari

Did it on 'em
Unbelievably, the phrase "sea kittens" still makes me paranoid about having cat hair in my fish.

Hopefully, they will send some people to a random middle school to advertise illegally like they did with mine, and end up mauled by parents and/or administration.

Brettt

satirist
Oh my. I just read those stories. I don't care how the campaign goes, but goodness, those are some of the funniest things I have ever read.

Granted, this seems absurd, but if it leads to people realising that eating fish is no less barbaric than eating kittens... I say roll with it. (No, I do not really mean that)

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Granted, this seems absurd, but if it leads to people realising that eating fish is no less barbaric than eating kittens... I say roll with it. (No, I do not really mean that)

You should, that's freakin' genius. I've always wondered what kittens tasted like.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Sea Kitten Bedtime Stories (Taken word-for-word from the website)
-1-
Snuggle Buddies

Tara the Tuna is frisky and playful,
and she loves to squeeze herself
into tight places and snuggle up
close to her Sea Kitten pals.

But the conditions of the Sea Kitten
Factory Farm where she lives
are to cramped even for Tara.
With no room to swim and no
chance to escape, Tara looks forward to the end.

-2-
Summa Cum Laude (That is the name of the 2nd story, seriously)

Tony the Tuna is the smartest
Sea kitten in is school.
Already litter trained at 2 months old,
Tony went on to double-major neuroscience
and environmental studies at Clamford University,
eventually graduating with honors.

When Tony was caught and
fed to a precocious young child who,
having eaten one mercury-filled
Sea Kitten too many, he falls to
the bottom of his class, the Irony is not on him

-3-
Sally and the Land Kittens

Sally is a Sea Kitten with attitude!
While other Sea Kittens were washing themselves
or chasing balls of yarn, Sally is busy swimming
upstream to see where life will take her next.

Unfortunately, years of watching her friends and family
being hooked through the mouth and dragged into a harsh,
alien world above have driven Sally mad with grief

Bitter and insane, she spends her days
plotting revenge against the Land Kittens
who live such happy lives in comfortable
homes, free from the terror of being eaten.

-4-
Playing Chase

Fred the Flounder is a Sea Kitten with
an eye for fun and a nose for mischief.
Growing up, he spent all his time playing
chase with the other Sea Kittens in his school.

But overfishing has left him morose and alone,
Now he just endlessly chases his tail, thinking
of a happier time.

Fin

Oh my? What stupid and amusing stories!

Last edited:
OM NOM NOM NOM NOM That's some good sea kitteh.

Status
Not open for further replies.