• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PETA's New Campaine To Rename Fish "Sea Kittens".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profesco

gone gently
Tara looks forward to the end

Using the prospect of suicide to guilt-trip children into feeling bad about eating a healthy part of the age-old human diet.

And so PETA crosses a line.

EmpoleonRules

Water FTW!
Hah! This is hilarious. Do these people seriously think people will call fish sea kittens and stop people from fishing?

Random Chaos

my hands are bananas
Hah! This is hilarious. Do these people seriously think people will call fish sea kittens and stop people from fishing?

Peta thinks Cranial Sanders was the Antichrist. They probably already think fish are sea kittens. Here is the problem I don't like cats

Blue_Ditto_256

Fail on a Stick
-Got any threes?
-Go sea kitten.

Palkia Keeper

I eat Mudkipz
Silly PETA people, Fish are fish, though tuna is a chicken of the sea.
I honestly only like a few type of.. sea kitten. like shark.. that more like a sea lion, but thats already been taken. anyone ever heard of the 'catfish'

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Silly PETA people, Fish are fish, though tuna is a chicken of the sea.
I honestly only like a few type of.. sea kitten. like shark.. that more like a sea lion, but thats already been taken. anyone ever heard of the 'catfish'

Obviously PETA does not eat fish.

Faerie

MONS
Peta thinks Cranial Sanders was the Antichrist. They probably already think fish are sea kittens. Here is the problem I don't like cats
Cranial?

Cranial?

Whatever. Anyway, I'm all for dealing with overfishing, and I am a vegetarian, but this is just crazy. I don't see what they think they can do by attempting (and failing) to change "fish" to "sea kitten" and scaring little children with stories of suicidal tuna.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Whatever. Anyway, I'm all for dealing with overfishing, and I am a vegetarian, but this is just crazy. I don't see what they think they can do by attempting (and failing) to change "fish" to "sea kitten" and scaring little children with stories of suicidal tuna.

Don forget the story of:

Sally and the Land Kittens

Sally is a Sea Kitten with attitude!
While other Sea Kittens were washing themselves
or chasing balls of yarn, Sally is busy swimming
upstream to see where life will take her next.

Unfortunately, years of watching her friends and family
being hooked through the mouth and dragged into a harsh,
alien world above have driven Sally mad with grief

Bitter and insane, she spends her days
plotting revenge against the Land Kittens
who live such happy lives in comfortable
homes, free from the terror of being eaten.

Srsly. That and Snuggle Buddies (Suicidal Tuna story) are my absolute favourites.

Last edited:

GARizard

GARhalla Account
Cranial?

Cranial?

Yeah, Cranial Sanders are the Antichrist. Haven't you seen FLCL?

Seriously, though, PETA's credibility is wearing thinner by the day. By this time next year, their ranks will have been thinned down to those lone crazies who really, truly believe in s*** like this "sea kitten" campaign.

"Don't eat fish, kids, or their scaly, hyperintelligent brethren (with attitude!) will go berserk and rise up from the depths to kill you in your sleep! THE FOOD CHAIN LIES TO YOU."

Love it.

Senbonzakura

Katen Kyokotsu
Thats a bit... extreme. man they are just fish. i can understand not wearing fur because its only for looks but making us stop eating them is a bit farfetched

and plus what would we say when playing a popular card game. "go sea kittens"? it just doesnt work

heres mine

seakitten.png

Last edited:

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Srsly. That and Snuggle Buddies (Suicidal Tuna story) are my absolute favourites.

I like this one:

Tony the Trout was the smartest Sea Kitten in his school. Already trained at two months old, Tony went on to double-major in neuroscience and environmental science at Clamford University, eventually graduating with honors.

When Tony is caught and fed to a precious child who, having eaten one mercury-filled Sea Kitten to many, falls to the bottom of his class, the irony is not lost on him.

How the hell do you litter train a 'Sea Kitten', that's what I want to know.

Sally and the Land Kittens

Sally is a Sea Kitten with attitude!
While other Sea Kittens were washing themselves
or chasing balls of yarn, Sally is busy swimming
upstream to see where life will take her next.

Unfortunately, years of watching her friends and family
being hooked through the mouth and dragged into a harsh,
alien world above have driven Sally mad with grief

Bitter and insane, she spends her days
plotting revenge against the Land Kittens
who live such happy lives in comfortable
homes, free from the terror of being eaten.

LOL! Terrorist sea kitten. XD!

JerisEnigma

Unemployed Red Mage
Granted, this seems absurd, but if it leads to people realising that eating fish is no less barbaric than eating kittens... I say roll with it. (No, I do not really mean that)

Like when PETA went to the Cat Festival in like Thailand or Vietnam, where ever it was, and 'saved' all the cats they were going to eat... One native guy they interviewed was all "That's fine, the wild ones taste better anyway."

Rescue=FAIL

Hmm... I don't think I've tasted catfish (;134; or ;258;?) yet. Unfortunately, now I'm afraid to try it o_O
Even more bizare... what does that make "fish eggs"???

Status
Not open for further replies.